PDA

View Full Version : DAOC: Uthgard Revamp v2.0

Scrooge
05-01-2016, 10:06 PM
As most of you are probably aware by now, Uthgard is in the process of undergoing a major revamp. They are working on implementing and fixing everything they talked about for years but never got around to until now, such as;

-Shrouded Isles expansion (all zones/mobs)
-Shrouded Isles classes (fully working)
-Live NPC Pathing (which doesn't exist on any other daoc emu server atm)
-Old RA system
-Revised XP gain system
-Old Battleground Zones (Caledonia, etc.)

In order to reset balance to the entire server, they have wiped all the old accounts/chars, so when the server is up again - it will be like it was for the first time, but with everything already working like it should. To see the status and updates of the server, just check their front page/forums.

If you want to have a fun time and experience the server with veteran (non-elitist) players, you're welcome to run with us, whether you're new to the game or not.

Make a post in this thread with what class you intend on maining, and I'll update our list here, this way we'll know not to make too much of the same thing and have a well-balanced group/guild. The current list of players is preliminary, I'll add the rest once I confirm they will be playing again for sure.

It's not hard to learn how to play well, all it takes is time and desire to learn to play as a team, and we'll have more than enough practice on the way to 50 in the battlegrounds!

Battleground RvR Zones are (non-instanced):

Abermenai - Levels 15-19 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L2
Thidranki - Levels 20-24 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L3
Murdaigean - Levels 25-29 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L5
Caledonia - Levels 30-35 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L9

Installation:

Download the full client from the main web site: http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/downloads.

Download DAoC Portal: http://www.dolserver.net/daocportal/, after installing portal, the settings are self explanatory. DAoC Portal is a freeshard frontend for DAoC servers.

To create a new account you simply login with whatever user/pass info you want to use, and it will create your account.

When you attempt to login to Uthgard for the first time, DAoC Portal's Mod Manager will automatically install all needed patches, so there's no need to do it manually.

For class spells/abilities and to plan your char spec, use the Uthgard Character Builder (http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/)

Using Web IRC (live guild chat room): you all can join our guild chat channel without having to download any software whatsoever. Just go to https://client00.chat.mibbit.com (https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/), select the server: Rizon, use your forum name as your nick, and channel: #uthgard, hit 'Connect', feel free to idle in there whenever possible - it'll be our main way of communication for quite a while!

I cannot say what we need most at this time, it will become clearer once we're actually up and running with our first chars.

Scrooge
05-01-2016, 10:12 PM
*Alright if someone is missing from a roster update, just make a post or PM me*

Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia, P99 Guild Roster v5: 52 total

Scrooge - Mentalist (Support Caster)
Fkfreeze - Mentalist (Support Caster) *uth*
engelburt - Mentalist (Support Caster)

Spyder73 - Warden (Support Melee Hybrid)

crith (ddd/web) - Druid (Support Healer)
Sorn - Druid (Support Healer)

Acez - Bard (CC)
Acez' Crew (+5 players) - undecided
Goobles - Bard (Support CC)
Weekapaug - Bard (Support CC)
Evia - Bard (Support CC)
Corwin (non-P99) - Bard/Druid? (Support Healer/CC)

Kilg0r - Eldritch (DPS Caster)
Oooruk - Eldritch (Moon/pbaoe bomber) (DPS Caster)
Oleris - Eldritch (DPS Caster)
Aalderon Crystafire - Eldritch (DPS Caster)
toastyoven - Eldritch/Enchanter *DPS Caster*

TreegreatesT - Enchanter (mana-spec/pbaoe) *Pet Caster*
Millburn - Animist (Pet Caster)
Cecily - Animist (Pet Caster)

Strifen - Blademaster *DPS Melee*
mortisha - Blademaster *DPS Melee*
Missingo - Blademaster or Ranger *DPS Melee*
Samwell - Blademaster *DPS Melee*
Foxxhound - Valewalker (DPS Melee Hybrid)
Tewaz - Valewalker (DPS Melee)

Skew - Ranger (Stealther DPS)
Ladros: Nightshade (Stealther DPS)

Daywolf - undecided
mrgoochio - undecided
Zar211 - undecided
Goliathan - undecided
Beastagoog - undecided
Rick Sanchez - undecided
xKoopa - undecided
Xaanka - undecided
arsenalpow - undecided
Sinadin - undecided
tristantio - undecided
Kodim - undecided
NegaStoat - undecided

Vorgarag - Animist
Yukon - Animist
Poprocks - Mentalist
Realmwarrior - Enchanter (DPS+Pet Caster)
Gnefner - Druid (Support Healer)
Lexical - undecided

P.S. I took out most of the alternative class choices to simplify the roster.

Tewaz
05-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Can you explain how the RR rankings work and what their benefit is?

Oleris
05-02-2016, 12:09 AM

gained via RVR (pvp, 3 different factions). Similar to AA's in EQ. Gives things such as extra crit chance for spells/melee, instant mana, more CC resistance etc. Stronger you become in RVR the stronger you become in PVE. Very fun game.

Scrooge
05-02-2016, 01:01 AM

Oleris said it right, but to break it down further; the PvP in this game has it's own XP bar, which improves by obtaining RP (realm points) by killing the enemy factions. Just as there are 10 bubbles to every regular level, there are 10 bubbles for the PvP level.

As you gain more RPs, once you gain a bubble, you get 1 RA (Realm Ability, aka EQ AA) point you can either save or spend on a bunch of various abilities. Each class has access to certain generic abilities, as well access to class-restricted abilities, and 1 unique ability specific to that class exclusively. Once you gain the 10 bubbles you gain what's called a RR (Realm Rank,) each level has it's own special title which is visible to the enemy above your head. Instead of seeing your name and guild name like your allies would, the enemy sees your Race followed by your Realm Rank (e.g. Kobold Stormur Vakten.)

Scrooge
05-02-2016, 02:33 AM
I forgot to mention that with each Realm Rank you attain (every 10 RA points,) you also get +1 to ALL your Spec lines starting at RR2. So someone with RR3L0 (roughly 62k RP,) would have +2 to ALL your Spec lines. These bonuses stack with those given by items.

The Spec bonuses given by items uncap by a value of 1, every 5 levels, kind of like how your skills in EQ go up by +5 every time you level. So a lvl 50 character, can have a total of +11 bonus to his Spec lines, on top of which stacks the bonus from the Realm Ranks. As an example, a Level 50 RR3 character would have +13 to ALL Spec lines.

Spec bonuses affect your spells in that Spec line as if you actually trained it up to the total value, this can increase your direct damage and healing, as well as the Style damage for the melees. So a Druid with 5 Regrowth with a +5 spec bonus, would heal as if they had 10 Regrowth, but would not gain the actual spells obtained through training.

player roster update: one of my old friends from Uthgard, Vorhal will be joining us as well, as an Enchanter! Total players now at: 53!

Farzo
05-02-2016, 03:32 AM
I'm gunna be playing this with 2 IRL friends (aussies).

Scrooge
05-02-2016, 06:12 AM
I'm gunna be playing this with 2 IRL friends (aussies).

Will you be playing in Hibernia also, and if so, which classes did you have in mind? We're mostly a US-based guild, but we do have some members from Euro and other countries as well.

Caridry
05-02-2016, 08:28 AM
If I play, ill probably either go chanter or Hero with a ranger alt

Alenon
05-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Never played live but might have to try it. I'll have to research classes though, some sort of wiz or mage

Scrooge
05-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Never played live but might have to try it. I'll have to research classes though, some sort of wiz or mage

Check out the links in my sig, especially the Hibernian Class Descriptions and the Char Builder compatible with Uthgard.

Crith will post his version in the near future also, and check out the official site for their class descriptions for the realm of Hibernia as well: www.darkageofcamelot.com.

xKoopa
05-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Ill try to get in on this, but im not sure how much time ill have to play with RL stuff soon, and also undecided on class

Ill download irc later and try to pop in the channel occasionally

Man0warr
05-02-2016, 07:15 PM
So when does this start up exactly?

Byrjun
05-02-2016, 07:26 PM
So when does this start up exactly?

Countdown here: https://uthgard.org/

snead
05-02-2016, 07:27 PM
will there be further wipes on this server or is everything set in stone? i played the shit out of this game -- had an RR5 cabby back when SI came out along with an auto trained mercenary. looking forward to this.

snead
05-02-2016, 07:30 PM
also will this only be going up to SI? hated ToA and don't even want to mess with that.

Byrjun
05-02-2016, 08:46 PM
will there be further wipes on this server or is everything set in stone?

There will be a wipe after open beta. After release it'll probably be a very long time if ever until another wipe. Uthgard 1.0 lasted like 6+ years before the last wipe.

Yes it'll only go to SI ever. SI won't be available at launch but the class/races/etc will be.

khanable
05-02-2016, 09:55 PM
I'll try this

I don't know much about it tho!

Fasttimes
05-02-2016, 10:20 PM
ill be hib, druid probably or enchanter mana

Arcan
05-03-2016, 07:44 AM
Unsure where to play just yet used to play;

Mid/Pryd - Thane & RM - Venom / Savage Conclave
Hib/Excal - Champion - Natural Selection

Alb/Camlann - Cabalist - Natural Selection
Mid/Devon Cluster - Berserker - Natural Selection

Never tried Uthgard, played a few random shards... very excited for Uthgard though!!

Thinking Hib caster type or mid melee type so far, got a few non-P99 friends who i played original DAoC with still undecided who will influence my decision.

khanable
05-03-2016, 08:14 AM
ill play whatever is the primary tank class

on whatever team you guys are going on

also what do we call this? we have p99 as elfsim, what is daoc?

norsesim?

Scrooge
05-03-2016, 08:41 PM
ill be hib, druid probably or enchanter mana

Unsure where to play just yet used to play;

Mid/Pryd - Thane & RM - Venom / Savage Conclave
Hib/Excal - Champion - Natural Selection

Alb/Camlann - Cabalist - Natural Selection
Mid/Devon Cluster - Berserker - Natural Selection

Never tried Uthgard, played a few random shards... very excited for Uthgard though!!

Thinking Hib caster type or mid melee type so far, got a few non-P99 friends who i played original DAoC with still undecided who will influence my decision.

ill play whatever is the primary tank class

on whatever team you guys are going on

also what do we call this? we have p99 as elfsim, what is daoc?

norsesim?

DAoC has 3 Realms / factions, at war with each other, so the -ism would depend on where you land. We'll be going to Hibernia, aka medieval Ireland, the primary tank class is the Hero - and it's a whole lot of fun to play, it was the last class I played in that realm on that server back in 2012. Only thing is, since we'll be starting from scratch, it may be easier on you if you'd go with a caster type to learn the game with.

I'll add you guys to the next roster update, later tonight!

Weekapaug
05-03-2016, 11:19 PM
Been covered up for a week but I'll get setup this weekend and get up with you guys.

Scrooge
05-03-2016, 11:59 PM
Been covered up for a week but I'll get setup this weekend and get up with you guys.

Hey man, good to hear from you. Try to download and patch the client prior to Friday evening, cause you know alotta people will be overloading the official site and servers.

It's at darkageofcamelot.com/downloads

Scrooge
05-04-2016, 12:31 AM
*IMPORTANT INFO*

Be sure to check out this important link, Starting Areas (http://camelot.allakhazam.com/Start_Zones.html), to see where your Class/Race combo will be made. Some of these towns are far apart, so be sure to communicate with the officer in the area to join a guild group, unless you want to do your own thing. Levels 1-5 can be brutal for some. I will be starting in the town of Howth in Silvermine Mountains, and the closest town to the north will be Mag Mel in Lough Derg, which also has an entrance to the capital city of Tir Na Nog!

Scrooge
05-04-2016, 12:53 AM
*Alright if someone is missing from the roster update, just make a post or PM me*

Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia, P99 Guild Roster v6: 63 total

Fkfreeze - Mentalist (Support Caster) *uth*

crith (ddd/web) - Druid (Support Healer)

Acez - Bard (CC)
Acez' Crew (+5 players) - undecided
Evia - Bard (Support CC)
Corwin (non-P99) - Bard/Druid? (Support Healer/CC)

Kilg0r - Eldritch (DPS Caster)
toastyoven - Eldritch/Enchanter *DPS Caster*

TreegreatesT - Enchanter (mana-spec/pbaoe) *Pet Caster*

Missingo - Blademaster or Ranger *DPS Melee*
Tewaz - Valewalker (DPS Melee)

Skew - Ranger (Stealther DPS)
Ladros: Nightshade (Stealther DPS)

Daywolf - undecided
mrgoochio - undecided
Zar211 - undecided
Goliathan - undecided
Beastagoog - undecided
Rick Sanchez - undecided
xKoopa - undecided
Xaanka - undecided
arsenalpow - undecided
Sinadin - undecided
tristantio - undecided
Kodim - undecided
NegaStoat - undecided

Vorgarag - Animist
Yukon - Animist
Poprocks - Mentalist
Lexical - undecided

Farzo - undecided (+2 friends)
Caridry - Hero
Alenon - Enchanter
xKoopa - undecided
Khanable - Hero
Fasttimes - Druid
Arcan - Eldritch (+few friends)

Skew
05-04-2016, 02:46 PM
I am going to be on Midgard so withdraw me from the Hib list please.

Good luck , see you in the Frontier.

Krycek
05-04-2016, 03:13 PM
I'll def be playing, just not sure if its alb or hib yet. Still waiting on ppl to decide for me. if its hib i'll look you guys up, will be maining a nightshade if hib. any old alb/igrainers in here? played an infil there, sarosas.

gildor
05-04-2016, 03:32 PM
Add me if you wish :) will be playing a Valewalker or Hero

Scrooge
05-05-2016, 01:50 AM
Add me if you wish :) will be playing a Valewalker or Hero

For the sake of keeping the roster clean and simple, I'll add you as a Valewalker for the time being at the next roster update!

I am going to be on Midgard so withdraw me from the Hib list please. Good luck , see you in the Frontier.

Likewise, have a fun time!

I'll def be playing, just not sure if its alb or hib yet. Still waiting on ppl to decide for me. if its hib i'll look you guys up, will be maining a nightshade if hib. any old alb/igrainers in here? played an infil there, sarosas.

As tempting as it may be to roll a stealther right off the bat, I'd strongly recommend against it, atleast until we get some gear circulation going. Though if you really have your mind set on it, go for it. Just let me know either here, on IRC, or in-game if you decide on joining our flock, and I'll add you at the next update.

P.S. player update: Gildor - Valewalker.

mrgoochio
05-05-2016, 03:20 AM
Still undecided. Maybe update the roster with people who have checked in or haven't responded lately (I know I haven't posted here in a long time). Also, update the roster with officers either bold or with a * next to their name so people in their respective areas can msg them in game once we all log in.

Scrooge
05-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Still undecided. Maybe update the roster with people who have checked in or haven't responded lately (I know I haven't posted here in a long time). Also, update the roster with officers either bold or with a * next to their name so people in their respective areas can msg them in game once we all log in.

It's been that way for a while now, and it's way too many players already - more than I anticipated. We'll most likely start off in the newbie guild, so I'll be calling people out in the guild chat via a keyword like "P99ers" and make groups that way at first. It'll all come together once we know who's who and who wants to play under one banner.

After that drama-fest in the other thread, I'm not sure which players will accept that garbage and which just want to have a good time. Either way, we'll have at least 2 solid full groups (16+ players) from the get go.

khanable
05-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Going Midgard with some pals

Good luck Scrooge! I don't know enough about daoc so I unfortunately can't make fun of hib :( hehe

Scrooge
05-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Going Midgard with some pals

Good luck Scrooge! I don't know enough about daoc so I unfortunately can't make fun of hib :( hehe

It's my original realm, so all I can say is have a great time and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did in the past!

Krycek
05-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Yeah ns won't be my first char, i'll be making a farm class to lvl first. maybe a pbae chanter if it looks like pbae groups will still be popular or a vw to solo farm later on with.

snead
05-05-2016, 12:13 PM
going midgard as well. see you guys on the battlegrounds.

Scrooge
05-05-2016, 01:20 PM

Oh I see what you meant, I guess I just forgot to do that in the last roster update. I've used a + as a prefix before but bold works just as well. Come by our IRC if you wanna chat with us, all the officers meet there daily. We just got another new member from the Uthgard forums a couple of hours ago, US EST player.

Officers: Scrooge, Kilg0r, Acez, Crith

Sorn
05-05-2016, 02:59 PM
I've got the client but it doesn't like my game.dll. (I've used both the original and the one Scrooge gave me.)

Not sure if that's just the normal error message since the server is locked or what.

I will run amok solo for a few sessions if I can get in.

Byrjun
05-05-2016, 03:17 PM
I'm not getting any error messages, my launcher just patches the Uthgard files and tells me to come back on the 7th for open beta. If you're getting an actual error you should probably try to get that figured out.

Scrooge
05-05-2016, 03:54 PM
I've got the client but it doesn't like my game.dll. (I've used both the original and the one Scrooge gave me.)

Not sure if that's just the normal error message since the server is locked or what.

I will run amok solo for a few sessions if I can get in.

Check out their Getting Started section, on their new front page.

Masq
05-05-2016, 05:04 PM
going alb so the realm isnt dead on NA times, have a small group rolling together and have room for a few if anyone wants to group

Scrooge
05-05-2016, 05:42 PM
going alb so the realm isnt dead on NA times, have a small group rolling together and have room for a few if anyone wants to group

Check out the US player Realm Poll (http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33820) on the Uthgard forums. Current values:

Albion 58 24%

Midgard 54 23%

Hibernia 42 18%

Scrooge
05-05-2016, 07:49 PM
*Alright if someone is missing from the roster update, just make a post or PM me*

Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia, P99 Guild Roster v7: 64 total

Crith - Druid (Support Healer)

Acez - Bard (CC)*
Acez' Crew (+5 players)
Evia - Bard (Support CC)
Corwin - Bard/Druid? (Support Healer/CC)*

Kilg0r - Eldritch (DPS Caster)*
toastyoven - Eldritch/Enchanter (DPS Caster)

TreegreatesT - Enchanter (mana-spec/pbaoe) (Pet Caster)

Missingo - Blademaster *DPS Melee*
Tewaz - Valewalker (DPS Melee Hybrid)

Daywolf - undecided
mrgoochio - undecided
Zar211 - undecided
Goliathan - undecided
Beastagoog - undecided
Rick Sanchez - undecided
xKoopa - undecided
Xaanka - undecided
arsenalpow - undecided
tristantio - undecided
Kodim - undecided
NegaStoat - undecided

Vorgarag - Animist
Yukon - Animist
Poprocks - Mentalist
Lexical - undecided

Farzo - undecided (+2 friends)
Caridry - Hero
Alenon - Enchanter
xKoopa - undecided
Khanable - Hero
Fasttimes - Druid
Arcan - Eldritch (+2 friends)

Gildor - Valewalker
Krycek - Enchanter
Gkmarino - Animist
Scaramanga - Enchanter*
Loaf - Ranger

skeletonbear
05-05-2016, 09:50 PM
I want to roll on Hibernia as well! I had a couple questions real fast though!

Does race choice matter? Please explain. I am interested in playing a Lurikeen melee class, but their stats are quite a bit lower than Firbolg and Celt obviously. Will I be gimped if I choose a Lurikeen Hero or Blademaster? Is there tab targetting for other players in pvp or is the smaller stature somewhat of an advantage because you actually have to click on the person to target them?

Can you solo pve to max level with Blademaster, Bard, or Hero? If so, which one is the best for that? Everything I am reading says that bards are quite useful in general, but can they solo as well?

I played DAoC when it launched and remember having a blast. I tried each realm but gravitated towards Hibernia because of the overall look and feel of the classes and realm itself. It really reminds me of Ireland a lot and I love the green!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to making a choice soon about class and joining you all for the fun times ahead!

Hibernia for life!

Oleris
05-06-2016, 12:00 AM

Does race choice matter? Please explain. I am interested in playing a Lurikeen melee class, but their stats are quite a bit lower than Firbolg and Celt obviously. Will I be gimped if I choose a Lurikeen Hero or Blademaster? Is there tab targetting for other players in pvp or is the smaller stature somewhat of an advantage because you actually have to click on the person to target them?

Can you solo pve to max level with Blademaster, Bard, or Hero? If so, which one is the best for that? Everything I am reading says that bards are quite useful in general, but can they solo as well?

I played DAoC when it launched and remember having a blast. I tried each realm but gravitated towards Hibernia because of the overall look and feel of the classes and realm itself. It really reminds me of Ireland a lot and I love the green!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to making a choice soon about class and joining you all for the fun times ahead!

Hibernia for life!

lurikeens make the best casters and night shades (hard to target, easier to hide in characters). Celt is solid choice for BM

all hib melees kind of suck soloing compared to casters. You can blow up blue/yellow cons, but will be alot of down time (although lower in comparison to downtime on p1999)

Scrooge
05-06-2016, 01:16 AM

Hibernia for life!

It's way too much to explain it all in detail here, come by our IRC tomorrow if you can, all the officers will be on in the day time and some in the evening. Although I'd seriously advise against rolling a melee as a first char, it's not going to be as much fun leveling with lvl 5 weapons.

player update: Ardok - Druid, skeletonbear - Bard?

magician
05-06-2016, 08:35 AM
can you please take me off your roster, you god damn retard.

Scrooge
05-06-2016, 09:23 AM
can you please take me off your roster, you god damn retard.

Who are you again? Oh wait, I don't really give a shit.

magician
05-06-2016, 01:32 PM
I'm the one that is going to be stomping your shit guild into the bloodied soil of emain macha.

Hope this helps

Ikabod
05-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Watch out. This guy is obviously a total badass.

Scrooge
05-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Is anyone else here using WinXP? If you are, then you'll most likely have the same problem: Any workaround to play on Windows XP? (http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36411)

Nir
05-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Scrooge, watch your tongue.

Scrooge
05-07-2016, 07:56 AM
Scrooge, watch your tongue.

Why, is it making way too much sense!?

TreegreatesT
05-07-2016, 10:48 AM
whos online.

Sanik - lvl 3

Missingo
05-07-2016, 11:07 AM
trying to get this running, I'll hopefully be on sometime today

Cambiant
05-07-2016, 11:17 AM
I played for ten minutes before work, ran very smoothly.

NegaStoat
05-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Currently playing as Midgard. Whether I'm kept on a list or not doesn't bother me but I'm never rolling Hib.

Oleris
05-07-2016, 12:38 PM
message Olerris in game

Oleris
05-07-2016, 12:42 PM
how do I get this in borderless window

Sorn
05-07-2016, 06:54 PM
I'm lost in the land of Linux and Wine. Send help. Or just some of Tunare's Finest.

Edit: Oh, it only works for Windows 7 and up...

Meh.

tristantio
05-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Yea, using GNU/Linux + wine, I run the uthgard.exe and get the 'Updater was unable to connect to Uthgard' error - anyone know the direct IP/port the Uthgard server runs on? I wonder if connect.exe will work (similar to how on Genisys I can use:

wine connect.exe ./game.dll 62.210.143.112:10300 name password

I'd be interested in seeing if changing the name/password at the end to the large token string worked.

Oooruk
05-07-2016, 10:46 PM
I'll be on as either Thorgrimm (warden) or Aten (eld)

Oleris
05-07-2016, 10:52 PM
PRO TIP: ADD -W IN THE OPTIONS PART OF THE LAUNCHER WHERE IT SAYS OTHER TO GO INTOBORDERLESS WINDOWS MODE

Scrooge
05-07-2016, 11:56 PM
Currently playing as Midgard. Whether I'm kept on a list or not doesn't bother me but I'm never rolling Hib.

Don't worry about it, the list wasn't a contract of any sort, I only made it so people would know who else is playing in Hibernia from these forums.

Scrooge
05-07-2016, 11:58 PM
If anyone finds a way to run the launcher in XP, or to bypass it to login directly to the server, post the info here of PM me. Also check out the Uthgard forum thread here: Any workaround to play on Windows XP? (http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36411)

Tewaz
05-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Love trying to level my chars so far. Haven't killed a single mob.

Sorn
05-08-2016, 12:09 AM
I'm up and streaming myself being a total noob at twitch.tv/barddadian if anyone cares :P

Caridry
05-08-2016, 12:15 AM
I started up, Hero named Zuus

Scrooge
05-08-2016, 12:19 AM
I'm up and streaming myself being a total noob at twitch.tv/barddadian if anyone cares :P

How'd you get the launcher to run in XP?? Come by IRC if you want, some of us are on there atm.

Sorn
05-08-2016, 03:40 AM
https://www.twitch.tv/barddadian/v/65218417

How'd you get the launcher to run in XP?? Come by IRC if you want, some of us are on there atm.

Had to use Win7.

Performance-wise it was a bit laggy, partly because the server's in Germany and partly because my internet sucks AND I was streaming. Extra lag was observed in Tir an Nog or whatever the capitol city is called. Apparently they used the new graphics in there.

As you can see by the stream, I spent the whole time being a noob and wishing I could afford a horse because apparently the instant you get one, you become an amazing acrobat and stand in the saddle while the horse is doing a full gallop. The only other thing missing from my life is some fresh woad for when I wage war upon the other realms.

I even found an NPC named Tadhg! :D We're gonna be best friends.

Scrooge
05-08-2016, 11:49 AM
https://www.twitch.tv/barddadian/v/65218417
Had to use Win7.

Performance-wise it was a bit laggy, partly because the server's in Germany and partly because my internet sucks AND I was streaming. Extra lag was observed in Tir an Nog or whatever the capitol city is called. Apparently they used the new graphics in there.

As you can see by the stream, I spent the whole time being a noob and wishing I could afford a horse because apparently the instant you get one, you become an amazing acrobat and stand in the saddle while the horse is doing a full gallop. The only other thing missing from my life is some fresh woad for when I wage war upon the other realms.

I even found an NPC named Tadhg! :D We're gonna be best friends.

I'll be starting in Howth (soon as I can actually play,) so if you want to meet when I'm in-game, it's in the zone south of Mag Mel with the entrance into the capital city of Tir na Nog.

Scrooge
05-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Come IDLE in our IRC channel, if you want to group with any of us, just AFK in the channel if you need to - there's no need to disconnect. If you turn on 'sounds for new messages' in the configuration, you'll hear when someones back.

Post your Class/Name here (or in IRC) and I'll make a new roster of players who are actually playing, to separate the old from the new!

Nihilist_santa
05-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Bolt dmg so broken. Been slaying purples and reds non-stop. Better get in on that before its fixed.

Aalderon Crystafire
05-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Bolt dmg so broken. Been slaying purples and reds non-stop. Better get in on that before its fixed.

I know it was altered at some point, but when I played my Void Eldritch waaay back bolts did crazy damage but had a high miss rate - like they do here. I haven't been able to kill reds and certainly not purples but oranges are pretty easy. If your bolts miss though you better run.

Matthalas Winterheart
05-08-2016, 03:41 PM
I've downloaded game, and was in yesterday for a few minutes..But Im absolutely lost.

I remember playing this back in the day, but I have no idea where to start now. Is there a good wiki for new beginners out there that any of ya would suggest?

Scrooge
05-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Try grouping with the people on that roster/list I made in this thread, or come on our IRC and group with my pals.

Scrooge
05-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Hibernia Class Descriptions by Kyndig (friend of mine)

Animist spams pet turrets in spot, kind of OP in castle defenses because people will run into a room and get nuked down by mushrooms. Another playstyle is rooting people and sending a bunch of AoE bombers out that all connect at once n ppl go boom.

Bard is used mainly for CCing the other team and running songs for buffs (speed/endurance regen etc) and backup healer

Blademaster is a light tank thats very mobile, BM has 360 evasion and chases around the squishies n healers so most people assist off of them. They have a nice rear slow and a side stun thats nice for spamming on running targets (assuming skills are the same)

Champion is kind of a hybrid mage/fighter. They have instant debuffs/dds/snares and generally people use a 2 hander on them for more damage

Druid is the pure healing class/buffbot. They have some AoE roots and a pet

Eldritch can be a PBAoE mage class/debuffer with disease so heals dont do as much or a ranged DDer with backup CC and nearsight debuffs that reduce peoples range

Enchanter is generally specced Mana for PBAoE just like the Eldritch but they also have a pet they can use to focus pull mobs, as mobs hit the pet they die. They have different kind of pets to help in different ways, one ranged with snare, one that heals..etc possibly the best PvE class combined with a mana mentalist

Hero is a heavy tank which makes them hard to bring down but their mobility suffers a bit. Generally they slam a target with their shield holding them in place for 9 seconds and switch to their 2hander to use rear attacks for damage.

Mentalist is an enchanters best friend in PvE and very good at keep defenses when specced as Mana (AoE DoTs/HoTs). This spec isnt as good in open world since it breaks CC so they might go Light to charm pets and deal ranged DD

Nightshade is the assassin of the realm, dealing massive damage to squishies on a perfectly timed frontal hit from stealth. They generally pick off casters and other stealthers but struggle against good light tanks/heavy tanks. Stealthers also seem to only party with other stealthers unless used to pop stealthers for your group.

Ranger is the archer/ranged version of nightshade, they generally party together since they also have stealth. They don't really have a spot in roaming groups either but can be ok on castle defenses with range.

Valewalker is a hybrid melee/mage with range Lifedrains/Snares with a nice rear and side stun. Kind of hard to play solo since their frontals are garbage but their side and rear chain do a ton of damage. Party play is also difficult because the side chain has an PBAoE DD that might mess up CC, so be careful

Warden is a light tank/offhealer. Their main function was to rotate buffs for their party, bladeturn to block attacks and damage add so everyone hits harder.

Nihilist_santa
05-08-2016, 05:02 PM
I know it was altered at some point, but when I played my Void Eldritch waaay back bolts did crazy damage but had a high miss rate - like they do here. I haven't been able to kill reds and certainly not purples but oranges are pretty easy. If your bolts miss though you better run.

Had fire wiz in my group last night and as long as he hit he would 1 or 2 shot everything. was hitting for 330 dmg lol. Sure to be fixed at some point but kind of nice since what i understand they were nearly never used on Uth1.0

Fael
05-08-2016, 05:20 PM
so overall, is the game/server stable and fun to play?

Nihilist_santa
05-08-2016, 05:22 PM
so overall, is the game/server stable and fun to play?

It was laggy the first few hours but they brought server down and back up and its been smooth ever since. Lots of bugs but people are doing a decent job of reporting them but the game definitely playable without anything game breaking being wrong as far as I know. Definetly fun. Have had no problems finding groups or anything.

Scrooge
05-08-2016, 07:00 PM
I've brought a few more friends from other servers/games around, they're currently on IRC in our channel and will be playing too. Also, I will finally be making my char, a Mentalist, very soon, cause I need to install Win7 just for the silly launcher, but once I get that sorted I'll be gtg!

Scrooge
05-08-2016, 07:34 PM
I'll be posting a "revamped version" of the roster later tonight, so we'll know for sure who's playing and who isn't.

Zheta
05-08-2016, 07:57 PM
I have a mild interest in this, but I have very little interest in PvP, possibly as a support/healer. I'm really more interested in PvE. Is the PvE any fun/involving or would I better off avoiding this?

If it's worth trying, class wise...Bard seemed interesting to me, but seems a little too popular? Otherwise maybe Enchanter based on the description here. I wouldn't mind trying to Tank either if it's needed. Used to be a 75 Paladin and Ninja tank in FFXI for years. Mostly I would just want to be able to easily group and be helpful.

Fael
05-08-2016, 08:10 PM
cool. Me and a few friends are gonna check it out.

Oleris
05-08-2016, 08:16 PM
I had some fun, but I don't want to grind it out to 50 to get wiped. If/when they allow you to get max level for the beta I will be playing it, if not going to wait for the official release.

Sorn
05-08-2016, 08:45 PM
I'm just finding all the typos everywhere...

Oooruk
05-08-2016, 09:54 PM
I'm just finding all the typos everywhere...

The guys who run the server are German and have English as a second language.

Sorn
05-08-2016, 10:13 PM
The guys who run the server are German and have English as a second language.

I figured considering the pattern of typos (especially the numbers). Do I report them?

Scrooge
05-09-2016, 08:12 AM
*Alright if someone is missing from the roster update, just make a post or PM me - or better yet, come to IRC and introduce yourselves*

NOTE: PEOPLE, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GUILD OR GROUP WITH ME cause of some lies, THAT'S FINE WITH ME, JUST DON'T LET THAT STOP YOU FROM PLAYING AND ENJOYING THIS GAME.

Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia P99 Player Roster *rough initial draft*

Scrooge - L0 Mentalist (Support Caster)

crith (ddd/web) - L? Druid (Support Healer)

Sorn - L5 Druid (Support Healer)

Acez - L10 Bard (CC) & Acez' Crew (+5 players)

Goobles - L5 Bard (Support CC)

Weekapaug - L? Bard (Support CC)

Corwin - L10 Enchanter (currently)

Kilg0r - L10 Mentalist (currently)

Oooruk - L? Eldritch

Oleris - L? Eldritch

toastyoven - ?

Millburn - ?

Tewaz - ?

mrgoochio - ?

Koopa - ?

Gnefner - L? Druid (Support Healer)

Farzo - ? (+2 friends) *AUS Players*

Caridry - L? Hero

Khanable - L? Hero

Arcan
05-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Update;

Went Hib, currently level 5 Valewalker named Cozakski, playing with some RL friends we have build of Warden, BM, Bard, VW. Rest of the guys are level 10 and I am playing catch up.

Going to roll an Eldritch still for non-group, i hope to call him Dwayne if the name is not taken.

Should be on tonight, will keep an eye out for people :)

Stepper
05-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Hey, I started an Animist and put all 30 starting stats into Int. That was probably wrong, so I should probably restart.

Can someone recommend a good, basic class for me, and starting stats? I just want basic cookie cutter so I can get into the flow of the game and understand it, as there does not seem to be many resources available for the game. Healer, DPS, Tank, it does not matter. I remember playing a nightshade or something back on live, but just PvPd the whole time.

Thanks!

Scrooge
05-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Update;

Went Hib, currently level 5 Valewalker named Cozakski, playing with some RL friends we have build of Warden, BM, Bard, VW. Rest of the guys are level 10 and I am playing catch up.

Going to roll an Eldritch still for non-group, i hope to call him Dwayne if the name is not taken.

Should be on tonight, will keep an eye out for people :)

You're welcome to join our merry little band of 30+ players (after cleaning up the older roster of players who aren't going to be playing with us,) and we do have some Euros playing with us too, specifically 2 of my friends from Uthgard 1.0 - very good players.

I'll add you guys to our new roster, but it'd be better if you could come into our IRC channel so you can introduce your selves and vice versa!

Scrooge
05-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Hey, I started an Animist and put all 30 starting stats into Int. That was probably wrong, so I should probably restart.

Can someone recommend a good, basic class for me, and starting stats? I just want basic cookie cutter so I can get into the flow of the game and understand it, as there does not seem to be many resources available for the game. Healer, DPS, Tank, it does not matter. I remember playing a nightshade or something back on live, but just PvPd the whole time.

Thanks!

I always recommend for new players to make a caster as their first char for several reasons, including the fact that we're all starting from scratch and have no gear or weapons to give to any melees - and no money to craft either.

Animist is a great and fun class to play, there's also the Enchanter with different pets available, and Eldritch is the primary Wizard class in the realm, both Enchanters and Elds get the strongest PBAOE spell in the game when speccing into Way of the Moon (aka Mana.) When making a caster, put +15 pts into INT (mana pool) and +10 into DEX (casting speed,) OR put +10 into INT DEX CON (hp.)

Come by our IRC channel if you wanna talk to us live, outside the game.

Stepper
05-09-2016, 12:46 PM
I always recommend for new players to make a caster as their first char for several reasons, including the fact that we're all starting from scratch and have no gear or weapons to give to any melees - and no money to craft either.

Animist is a great and fun class to play, there's also the Enchanter with different pets available, and Eldritch is the primary Wizard class in the realm, both Enchanters and Elds get the strongest PBAOE spell in the game when speccing into Way of the Moon (aka Mana.) When making a caster, put +15 pts into INT (mana pool) and +10 into DEX (casting speed,) OR put +10 into INT DEX CON (hp.)

Come by our IRC channel if you wanna talk to us live, outside the game.

Ah, thank you, thank you!

I guess I'll be redoing my character tonight. I'll stop by the IRC :D

Arcan
05-09-2016, 02:51 PM
You're welcome to join our merry little band of 30+ players (after cleaning up the older roster of players who aren't going to be playing with us,) and we do have some Euros playing with us too, specifically 2 of my friends from Uthgard 1.0 - very good players.

I'll add you guys to our new roster, but it'd be better if you could come into our IRC channel so you can introduce your selves and vice versa!

Il get IRC sorted tomorrow and pop in :)

gkmarino
05-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Arcan - I have a scythe for you that will replace your free level 5 one from the trainer and should last you until the low teens. Look me up.

Yovo - 14 Valewalker

TreegreatesT
05-09-2016, 06:21 PM
definitely go 15 dex 10 con on all casters.

uthgard is different from live in that there are no dex breakpoints and each point of dex will slightly increase casting speed.

currently on DAoC live there are breakpoints where you casting speed changes and there are no changes really inbetween these breakpoints.

cast speed > all imo

gkmarino
05-09-2016, 06:31 PM
I'm pretty rich in game I've made like 40gold or so at level 14 :D

It's nice being in fully enchanted oj armor/wep!

If anyone needs help or is low level and wants a damage shield let me know!

Yovo 14 Valewalker

Scrooge
05-09-2016, 07:05 PM
definitely go 15 dex 10 con on all casters.

uthgard is different from live in that there are no dex breakpoints and each point of dex will slightly increase casting speed.

currently on DAoC live there are breakpoints where you casting speed changes and there are no changes really inbetween these breakpoints.

cast speed > all imo

You'd put CON over INT? I mean mana pool is very important for a caster, especially at low levels with no gear of any kind, that CON isn't really going to save you from anything, but being able to cast an extra spell or two definitely will!

TreegreatesT
05-09-2016, 10:19 PM
I'm pretty rich in game I've made like 40gold or so at level 14 :D

It's nice being in fully enchanted oj armor/wep!

If anyone needs help or is low level and wants a damage shield let me know!

Yovo 14 Valewalker

how did you make all that money??

I'm lvl 18 on my chanter don't even have 3 gold to my name lol

TreegreatesT
05-09-2016, 10:20 PM
You'd put CON over INT? I mean mana pool is very important for a caster, especially at low levels with no gear of any kind, that CON isn't really going to save you from anything, but being able to cast an extra spell or two definitely will!

I meant to say 15 dex 10 int

Scrooge
05-09-2016, 10:37 PM
I meant to say 15 dex 10 int

Who is your class/name/level man? And can you come to iRC?

TreegreatesT
05-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Who is your class/name/level man? And can you come to iRC?

Sanik 18 enchanter

I got to 16 on opening day and haven't played much since. managed to get in a quick session last night and get 2 levels.

I'll see if I can hop in IRC later tonight after work.

Scrooge
05-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Sanik 18 enchanter

I got to 16 on opening day and haven't played much since. managed to get in a quick session last night and get 2 levels.

I most likely will not be around tonight (although others may be,) I'm beyond exhausted cause I couldn't get any sleep last night, but will definitely be around tomorrow!

Scrooge
05-12-2016, 12:22 AM
I'm still not able to login due to the launcher not being compatible with XP. However the Uthgard staff are currently working on solving that problem, seeing as how it still affects so many players - so it's not just me and a few players here and there. I think the population will increase considerably once the Uthgard Launcher is compatible with XP.

If someone else here wants to step up and do a "P99 Guild' in Hibernia, then by all means go for it! I'd be all in favor - and still help out if needed. Seeing as how some people here are unhappy with how I do things, I don't intend to make things difficult here, it's just the opposite, there's really no need for any more drama.

Scrooge
05-14-2016, 08:16 AM
Hey everyone, I've submitted a new ticket, dealing specifically with this message "uthgard.exe is not a valid Win32 application." when attempting to open it under Windows XP SP3 x86 OS environment.

https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/598/ Please go here to vote it up to the priority list, if you have this problem also.

Scrooge
05-16-2016, 04:05 AM
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, I'll finally be starting up on my first char very soon and some of my friends will make alts to level with me (I prefer this rather than just get PLed!)

We're still going to Hibernia if anyone here wants to join us, you're welcome to - just let me know what classes you'd want to make in advance for this "caster heavy" group, this time around so I can ask my pals to make something the group will need more of.

Does anyone from the Hibernia P99 roster have a guild or group going on already?

Sorn
05-16-2016, 10:02 AM
Reporting in: Tadhg the druid now level 8, becoming an ace soloer despite only being able to heal.

Last time I played, I had some connection issues and went LD at random repeatedly. Not sure what happened.

Nirgon
05-16-2016, 10:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CqwaZf8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WvHAOKx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/18IY3zy.jpg

Missingo
05-16-2016, 11:41 AM
Been messing around on a BM and a VW but wanted to try a Reaver on Albion. Trying to figure out how to switch realms without deleting my characters on Hibernia.

What is the best race for a Reaver?

Nirgon
05-16-2016, 03:13 PM
Saracen or Inconnu

go crush (good stun/taunt combo at I believe 15 trains) and let flex auto train to 50

at 50 -> respec points out of crush into flex

enjoy the free trains/optimal char

(go ahead and verify this works during beta, I have not yet)

Guide here: http://daocinfo.awardspace.com/guides/class/fighter/reaver%20Strategies.htm

snergle
05-16-2016, 04:33 PM
can armsman be good dps with 2h / polearm spec and what points should i put where.

Nirgon
05-16-2016, 04:37 PM
great armsman info:
http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=36103

cleric info:
http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=34678

there's more out there.

short answer to armsman question: yeah they are strong and its *very* nice being able to swap out your damage type as needed for fights so you always do the optimal damage type. Thrust down some mail wearers with your pole arm when you take DF, then switch to a crushing one for farming plated fiends. What's not to like?

Scrooge
05-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Been messing around on a BM and a VW but wanted to try a Reaver on Albion. Trying to figure out how to switch realms without deleting my characters on Hibernia.

What is the best race for a Reaver?

I made a post on Uthgard's forums (http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36831&p=361407#p361407) asking the same exact thing, cause some of my friends are messing around in Midgard too - but they erased their Hib chars. I'm hoping there's a better way than having to do that, atleast during beta anyway.

I have another friend and his crew coming over from another game, he's got a bandwidth restriction so he can only download the game at the end of the month (or the very beginning of next month,) not sure what classes his friends will be playing but he'll be an Eldritch (eq's wiz type.)

As for your Reaver question, it doesn't really matter - go with whatever you like best, or would want to 'roleplay' with.

Nirgon
05-17-2016, 06:30 PM
We're going to build a wall and make Hibernia pay for it

Scrooge
05-17-2016, 07:56 PM
Posting this here again one more time, cause it wasn't possible to confirm the issue last time, now you can actually contribute by 'confirming.'

Hey everyone, I've submitted a new ticket, dealing specifically with this message "uthgard.exe is not a valid Win32 application." when attempting to open it under Windows XP SP3 x86 OS environment.

https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/598/ Please go here to vote it up to the priority list, if you have this problem also.

Still in Albion eh Nirgon? How's the RvR so far, if you've done any? Let's see some screenshots!

Scrooge
05-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Reporting in: Tadhg the druid now level 8, becoming an ace soloer despite only being able to heal.

Last time I played, I had some connection issues and went LD at random repeatedly. Not sure what happened.

It won't be long now, I'll be starting up real soon and we'll get a solid group rolling easy - even with no gear, right from the get go! I'll give you all the details once I know what day exactly, and names of our chars.

Sanik 18 enchanter

Would you be up for making a new char to join my group when we start?

Nirgon
05-18-2016, 12:26 PM
I'm only lvl 29. I got 1 realm point taking the lvl 19 BG keep and never went back.

gkmarino
05-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Here is how you Realm Transfer: (Process takes a week, doesn't delete your characters)
**Please note that a realm transfer takes 7 days from the time it is started, and you cannot log into your account for the last 8 hours of the transfer.
Cancelling a realm transfer will not stop the 7-day cooldown timer, but will prevent your account from changing realms. If you want to switch realms immediately, you can always do so by deleting all characters in your current realm.**

1. Go to www.uthgard.net (http://www.uthgard.net) and click in the top right corner to "manage account" and login to your Open ID account.

2. Once logged in, scroll down to the "game account details" section and click on the "realm transfer" tab.

3. Click on the realm's () you want to transfer to and click "start transfer".

4. Wait 7 days and you can't log in the last 8 hours of the transfer.

Scrooge
05-18-2016, 09:17 PM
Here is how you Realm Transfer: (Process takes a week, doesn't delete your characters)
**Please note that a realm transfer takes 7 days from the time it is started, and you cannot log into your account for the last 8 hours of the transfer.
Cancelling a realm transfer will not stop the 7-day cooldown timer, but will prevent your account from changing realms. If you want to switch realms immediately, you can always do so by deleting all characters in your current realm.**

1. Go to www.uthgard.net (http://www.uthgard.net) and click in the top right corner to "manage account" and login to your Open ID account.

2. Once logged in, scroll down to the "game account details" section and click on the "realm transfer" tab.

3. Click on the realm's () you want to transfer to and click "start transfer".

4. Wait 7 days and you can't log in the last 8 hours of the transfer.

This is only true when Uthgard goes "live," right now - in open beta, the wait time is 1 hour as per one of the Devs/Staff replying to my question in the thread I made over there.

You can change realm here: https://uthgard.org/account/

It will take 1 hour during the beta, 7 days at relaunch.

AmukTZ
05-19-2016, 11:12 AM
I've been having a blast playing as hib so far. I am a ranger (Gloi) level 17 at the moment. Mostly play solo as i dont know many people playing at the moment. Haven't played Daoc since the first year it released... so i have been learning alot and really enjoying this beta.

trite
05-19-2016, 11:53 AM
inability to realm transfer easily was reason i stopped playing beta heh

snergle
05-19-2016, 11:59 AM
should I dump a bunch of points into dex and qui for a half ogre armsman? or are those trap stats?

Nirgon
05-19-2016, 12:00 PM
no half ogres here yet

highlander is your best pick for poles, and you should go pole/shield and let the rest autotrain (dont put a point into the things that autotrain or you dont get free points... if you can help it)

Here's a list of what auto trains for each realm/class:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/threads/class-auto-train-list.195769/

alb gets some sweet deals in that dept

snergle
05-19-2016, 12:08 PM
i wanted to go pole + 2h is that idiot stuff? im basically a noob to daoc. Should i again dump points into dex / qui ? or are they trap stats

snergle
05-19-2016, 01:26 PM
i wanted to go pole + 2h is that idiot stuff? im basically a noob to daoc. Should i again dump points into dex / qui ? or are they trap stats

I went with 10 str 10 con 10 qui and im planning to 50 into pole or 2h then shield for 39 for stuns but im confused i dont see the weapon stat to put points in that http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Armsman lists on http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/armsman.html. Do they mean crush / thrust/ slash?

Nirgon
05-19-2016, 01:29 PM
you will want to save your training points until 5 to spend on pole and group/auto attack mobs from lvl 1. yellows with a group, blue solo. take your time its slow but lvl 11+ with dungeon groups it ramps up and gets interesting.

Skew
05-19-2016, 08:23 PM

Takes one hour.

Will be seven days on live.

Oooruk
05-20-2016, 02:48 AM
great armsman info:
http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=36103

cleric info:
http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=34678

there's more out there.

short answer to armsman question: yeah they are strong and its *very* nice being able to swap out your damage type as needed for fights so you always do the optimal damage type. Thrust down some mail wearers with your pole arm when you take DF, then switch to a crushing one for farming plated fiends. What's not to like?
That's not how alb works. To spec polearm you also need to spec one of crush/thrust/slash. Thrust/crush/slash deals with you're baseline damage and pole affects your topline damage. Both effect weapon skill as well.

Arcan
05-20-2016, 04:59 AM
Arcan - I have a scythe for you that will replace your free level 5 one from the trainer and should last you until the low teens. Look me up.

Yovo - 14 Valewalker

Thanks mate, I ended up switching to Eld though. Other 2 guys im gaming with wanted try caster setup, so we are just level 40 now on Ment / Chant / Eld.. easiest PvE in the world with that setup lol. Kinda losing interest now in the 40s as exp is slowing a bit and it keeps reminding me of the wipe, but BG RvR has been poor so far and i want to RvR :P

Nirgon
05-20-2016, 10:43 AM
That's not how alb works. To spec polearm you also need to spec one of crush/thrust/slash. Thrust/crush/slash deals with you're baseline damage and pole affects your topline damage. Both effect weapon skill as well.

If you want to autotrain you're going full pole/shield

And you want to autotrain

But to be fair I did not know those had an impact on the type of wep you used thx pal

Scrooge
05-20-2016, 11:28 AM

How to transfer between the Realms with ease: http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36831

Thanks mate, I ended up switching to Eld though. Other 2 guys im gaming with wanted try caster setup, so we are just level 40 now on Ment / Chant / Eld.. easiest PvE in the world with that setup lol. Kinda losing interest now in the 40s as exp is slowing a bit and it keeps reminding me of the wipe, but BG RvR has been poor so far and i want to RvR :P

Cool, how long did it take for you to hit 40 with that trio? I will finally be starting up either today or tomorrow, as a Mentalist with 4 friends from another game - we'll be doing a caster group to start with (then a melee group soon after.) How many times did you go to the BGs, and which level range were you in? Sometimes you need to keep checking them, just cause they look dead at a certain hour, doesn't mean they're completely inactive 24/7. If it's anything like it used to be some years ago, the prime time for RvR in the BGs started around 3PM EST, until about 7PM EST - those are the peak hours for Euros. I bet alotta people are avoiding RvR cause they don't have capped stats and resists, they think they need that stuff to be able to win. Sometimes you have to "create pvp" by taking keeps, in and out of the BGs, those messages are spammed throughout all 3 realms - and can work as a signal for the enemy to start showing up.

Oooruk
05-20-2016, 09:19 PM
If you want to autotrain you're going full pole/shield

And you want to autotrain

But to be fair I did not know those had an impact on the type of wep you used thx pal

Ahh, i thought you were talking about level 50 spec. Yeah, having to spec a damage type with a 2h weapon (polearm and 2hers) in alb is the trade off they get for having plate.

Byrjun
05-21-2016, 05:18 PM
They killed BGs by making you have to run back and repurchase the necklace after dying.

Wish they'd go a slightly more custom route and remove all the classic bullshit that just made the game less fun.

Scrooge
05-22-2016, 12:47 AM
Maybe someone should make a post with a poll, to remedy this problem - over having to wait and pay just to get back into a BG.

Scrooge
05-22-2016, 01:02 AM
My friends are in-game right this moment, in the mid-teen level range, if you want to group with them - ask for Kyndig in guild/alliance chat.

DMN
05-22-2016, 01:44 AM
FYI.

No XP.

No thanks.

Scrooge
05-22-2016, 11:25 AM
FYI.

No XP.

No thanks.

https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/598 (https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/598/)

We can do only 2 things at this point: a) wait for a solution which may or may not come any time soon, or b) adjust to the conditions.

Also check out the thread in their Support section here (http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36399).

It is what it is.

Nihilist_santa
05-22-2016, 12:26 PM
Will PLing be possible after the beta? Im kind of in a holding pattern until live. The PVE in DAoC is some of the worst. Its not even that its slow because its not nearly as bad as EQ in that regard but its just boring as hell. Plus I understand why DAoC went with the moving camps and camp bonus shit but I don't want to run around constantly looking for more boring ass PVE. If pling is a thing ill just wait til that happens so I can play what is actually worthwhile that being the PVP.

DMN
05-22-2016, 08:08 PM
LOL at that "disagree" vote. Ya, you shouldn't be play a game on the operating system it was primarily designed for.

Scrooge
05-23-2016, 12:52 AM
Will PLing be possible after the beta? Im kind of in a holding pattern until live. The PVE in DAoC is some of the worst. Its not even that its slow because its not nearly as bad as EQ in that regard but its just boring as hell. Plus I understand why DAoC went with the moving camps and camp bonus shit but I don't want to run around constantly looking for more boring ass PVE. If pling is a thing ill just wait til that happens so I can play what is actually worthwhile that being the PVP.

Sometimes you have to make the game fun, if it's not being fun. Instead of repeating the same thing every time you play, try different things - move around, try different zones and camps, etc. If you keep doing the same thing every time you play, of course it's going to get real dull real fast.

LOL at that "disagree" vote. Ya, you shouldn't be play a game on the operating system it was primarily designed for.

Have you seen the latest comment in that ticket yet? It's by one of the Devs.

DMN
05-23-2016, 01:05 AM
I don't know what latest comment you are talking about. The whole thing seems like a cluster F.

Th thread says they downgraded it, but the website still says it don't work with xp and it certainly doesn't work for me in actuality.

Scrooge
05-23-2016, 01:10 AM
I don't know what latest comment you are talking about. The whole thing seems like a cluster F.

Th thread says they downgraded it, but the website still says it don't work with xp and it certainly doesn't work for me in actuality.

Posted by Nayru at Fri, 20 May 2016 22:35:40 UTC

>> "Win XP is a safe OS"
With all due respect: No it's not. It has been discontinued for a while, which is an eternity in terms of security. Even Windows 7 was released in 2009. You should consider upgrading your OS after 15 years.

The problem of using older .NET versions is the lack of newer features. Quite a high price for supporting 15 year old operating systems.

(I am not really participating in launcher development, so this is only my personal opinion.)

DMN
05-23-2016, 01:17 AM
Ok, ya, I read that. But why do I care?

Masq
05-23-2016, 02:44 AM
i hope this will run on my commodore 64

Nirgon
05-23-2016, 10:13 AM
For Scrooge, we bagged a purple con viking (grats group on 4 realm points each)

http://i.imgur.com/I9xnf7R.jpg

Aspie and his Downy Fellwood (Drawers the Mighty seen flexing here as well)

http://i.imgur.com/QM2EnXO.jpg

"epic pixels"

http://i.imgur.com/vZQtG5A.jpg

Scrooge
05-23-2016, 07:41 PM
For Scrooge, we bagged a purple con viking (grats group on 4 realm points each)

Aspie and his Downy Fellwood (Drawers the Mighty seen flexing here as well)

"epic pixels"

Nice man, I look forward to seeing many more! Was it a troll Skald you bagged there? (probuably reiker...I wouldn't be surprised if it was)

Judging by that "double realm level-up message," you're under RR2, is this the first RvR battle on this char?

Nirgon
05-23-2016, 08:38 PM
under r2 but did the lvl 19 thing once

it was a shaman

Scrooge
05-23-2016, 10:08 PM
I'm glad that XP gain from RvR kills is still in-game, nerfed as it is but still something, though it looks like you no longer get any coin.

Masq
05-23-2016, 11:44 PM
you get insane exp from bg level kills, much less obviously if youre grouped

Scrooge
05-24-2016, 03:55 AM
you get insane exp from bg level kills, much less obviously if youre grouped

Sweet, so it may not be nerfed at all then, that's great to hear! Cause I recall a time when I leveled from 27-32 in Braemar (previous first BG, lvl ranged 1-35,) exclusively off of BG RvR on Uthgard about 5 years ago. The money gain from player kills was substantial also, though it won't show it on Nirgon's screens.

Nirgon
05-24-2016, 11:40 AM
I may have black holed and/or snortled that cash before it was able to be split with the group

who knows

Scrooge
06-15-2016, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know if any of the SI zones have been implemented in the beta yet?

Ladros
06-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Not sure, did you check uthgard forums?

Nirgon
06-15-2016, 12:46 PM
SI zones will be a long ways off apparently, but the races and classes are in