PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Scale

bktroost
04-28-2016, 12:25 PM
There's been a lot of talk about using spirit of Scale for the tov and kael races to reduce clickies. It seems quite a few people want this. This post is to encourage server staff to make an edit to the rules, should there be no pushback from any participating guilds.

Daldaen
04-28-2016, 12:45 PM
I'm in favor of Scale in Kael (removes levitate ring exploit).

ToV I understand the motivation behind it. But there are also other issues to consider.

It will improve the situation for WToV, Doze, Ikatiar, Eashen, Aaryonar and maybe Feshlak/Dagarn. But targets beyond that point require DAs to get to usually. If Spirit of Scale is allowed, for those early targets scale people will win. But for the back targets people will still have racers with SoW who do the rile spam/jumping and DA clicks to get to.

So I'm fine if that becomes a rule, but I still foresee people selecting to use SoW + Rile Spam for deep in NToV targets.

Could also add a Rile spam ban if you were looking to even the playing fields, because that crown is definitely an advantage right now in the races.

Detoxx
04-28-2016, 01:34 PM
I'm in favor of Scale in Kael (removes levitate ring exploit).

ToV I understand the motivation behind it. But there are also other issues to consider.

It will improve the situation for WToV, Doze, Ikatiar, Eashen, Aaryonar and maybe Feshlak/Dagarn. But targets beyond that point require DAs to get to usually. If Spirit of Scale is allowed, for those early targets scale people will win. But for the back targets people will still have racers with SoW who do the rile spam/jumping and DA clicks to get to.

So I'm fine if that becomes a rule, but I still foresee people selecting to use SoW + Rile Spam for deep in NToV targets.

Could also add a Rile spam ban if you were looking to even the playing fields, because that crown is definitely an advantage right now in the races.

There is no exploit to Lev Ringing. All it did was make it so in zones like VP, where you HAVE to have levitate, you could click off your levitate and then jump a few times and click back on levitate to get over lava or whatever obstacle. It does not "push you forward" or exploit anything unless jumping is now an exploit.

Daldaen
04-28-2016, 01:44 PM
If they don't do anything it should be no problem banning their use then.

And I don't think anyone is sayings Jumping is an exploit. But someone with a crown of rile has a clear advantage due to unlimited jumps over someone who doesn't. As you said you thought the intent of the rule changes was the even the playing field. I think banning crown of rile spam would help do that a bit for the guilds not named BDA, Awakened and Aftermath. The others have never killed a VP dragon to my knowledge.

Kileras
04-28-2016, 02:16 PM
i am for it, i am also for removing non LoS pulling methods/rile spam. I think if you are guaranteed to lose because you don't have a VP item (which will soon be just as much a mess with people not used to this whole race/pull system flooding in there ), then it doesn't really help with leveling the playing field.

Detoxx
05-03-2016, 01:38 AM
NM lewl

bktroost
05-03-2016, 09:35 AM
NM lewl

right, obviously the GMs are not interested in that change. It sure would take care of people using their lull through walls tactics to get FTEs.

Kileras
05-03-2016, 11:18 AM
right, obviously the GMs are not interested in that change. It sure would take care of people using their lull through walls tactics to get FTEs.

through walls lull pretty lame salad with salt dressing. guy didn't even leave the line afaik, i was way behind mani and even fell off the ledge and didn't see the person who cast that Telk FTE.

bktroost
05-03-2016, 11:20 AM
through walls lull pretty lame salad with salt dressing. guy didn't even leave the line afaik, i was way behind mani and even fell off the ledge and didn't see the person who cast that Telk FTE.

Hmm? I'm a little confused by the "not leaving the line" comment. Doesn't that mean he didn't race at all? Do you have any footage to help us understand what you are referring to? If there is something that the GMs should see that needs to be reworked this is the forum for change.

Daldaen
05-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Telkorenar and Gozzrem can be lulled from the cubbies in the 4-way. Lull pulls I'm not a huge fan of. Mainly because it's a big RNG factor. Foot racing has a little tactic involved. But lull is just complete RNG on whether you get a critical or not.

Dunno if you were being sarcastic... But Scale in no way would prevent lull pulls. Once you get into the cubby you stop moving and change to casting lull over and over

Kileras
05-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Telkorenar and Gozzrem can be lulled from the cubbies in the 4-way. Lull pulls I'm not a huge fan of. Mainly because it's a big RNG factor. Foot racing has a little tactic involved. But lull is just complete RNG on whether you get a critical or not.

Dunno if you were being sarcastic... But Scale in no way would prevent lull pulls. Once you get into the cubby you stop moving and change to casting lull over and over

right but this is the exact thing that seemingly everyone was trying to prevent. If this is how it is done then just change the rule amongst all of us that apparently the only way to do telk/gozz is with low level clerics to increase crit resist chance and running to the cubby.

what is so incredibly awful about making the races be sow+root nets only and not deal with non LoS pulls on vyemm, eashen, etc... ? It is just trying to find new ways to sneak content away from other people that are putting in time in order to make them feel like they failed?

I have had every single guild try to encourage anonymous/pat us on the back for showing up/feign that they actually want people like us to show up and play when in reality the only concern is figuring out how to find ways to wiggle out more tactics that are blatantly in disregard of the nature of the rule. Me and mani both could have dropped down to those cubbies and tried to lull but we ran because thats the most fair thing to do, instead I wasted mine and a bunch of other peoples time.

we got a statue FTE, and were almost immediately notified by many people in top guilds that we should enjoy it because you will never get that again. how welcoming.

Daldaen
05-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Unfortunately unless it's written in bold as not being allowed, It will happen on this server.

I am certainly down with banning lull pulls for Gozz, Telk and Vyemm. I can't think off the top of my head any other target it would be useful for but banning it more generally as a means to acquire FTE on everything would be fine.

It's confusing because Awakened/Aftermath has gone back and forth on it being allowed as a pulling strategy. It would be nice to put a knife it in finally.

bktroost
05-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Wait so am I hearing that we all need to make lvl 5 clerics and buy the lull spell?

Kileras
05-03-2016, 05:26 PM
can't zone into tov at lvl 5 our lull army was denied :(

bktroost
05-04-2016, 08:11 AM
can't zone into tov at lvl 5 our lull army was denied :(

Sirken fixed things anyway. No need now.