PDA

View Full Version : Solo Iksar Monk Ideas

Tewaz
04-27-2016, 05:08 PM
Hey guys, been leveling my Iksar monk on red and I will hit 43 soon, mainly solo. I am looking for suggestions on good solo spots for 43 and beyond.

I have a Wu's Quivering Staff, 2 Trance Sticks, and the worst gear you've ever seen (mainly resist items and curscale). Each camp I needed mobs with low HP, low damage output, etc.

Currently I am at the entrance to lower Guk and everything is about to green out. Guk has been great since 39 because it has easy to kill mobs, decent money, occasional groups and proximity to item camps. I can pop over to upper Guk and snag an AC or a squire spawn.

So let me know if you have any suggestions that are near good group spots, item mobs, melee bind, merchants, etc.

Right now I'm thinking SolB near a SolA zoneline and maybe Permafrost?

Here is my idea for the best path for a leveling Iksar Monk that wants to stay in Kunark until 35 for Riposte. I prefer spots with exp and monk-friendly loot.

1-11 FoB - Great spots all over. Bone chips and silks can be sold to other players. Also do the quest for newbie monk gear.

12-20 Kurn's - Great exp, bone chips galore, and wide level range.

20-29 Lake of Ill Omen - Sarnaks are great since you have a shot at an earring of station and a bracer of the hidden when you can do Lego's. Also consider doing the ruins around the Sarnak Courier spawn for a shot at a Goblin Ring $$$$.

29-33 Brutes outside Dalnir entrance in WW - really low hp with gem drops. Could probably do these even higher.

33-35 Giant fort in WW - The Evergreens still give great exp when I needed a place to stay until training in Riposte. The giant tunics sell for 64p, which is nice.

Warning: Bring a TON of throwing items with you and use them sparingly when you leave Kunark. They can be hard to find in the old world, especially when playing on a lower pop server like I am. Bandages are easier to come by. I load up my bank with both when I'm in Cab.

35-38 Gnolls in SK outside Splitpaw. Easy to kill mobs that you can Intimidate kite if you wish. Bonus - Kill all the north and south pathing lionesses and elephant cubs you see to get possibly spawn Quillmane. He has a 1/3 chance of spawning where he will path by you. And then you have a 1/20 chance of him having the levi cloak! Kill those PH's! (I tried inside Paw but the first 3 mobs were greened out and it got dicey after that for not much better exp) Can run to Aviaks to sell, buy gems and bandages, whatever. Monks can also run to Lake Rathe to kill the undead gnoll for epic. Bind in NK or arena.

35-38 Guards in HHK. Each floor has 2-4 that are blue at this level and each one has a FS sword that you can sell to the Enchanter spell guy. Great money and decent exp. Can bank and buy bandages also. Bind in zone or elsewhere. Made about $2K doing 2 levels here on red.

38-42 Sol A is awesome. I had a rotation where I would kill a few gnomes then go check the Foreman spawn and the bar. The Goblins can be pretty rough when they are casters so I eventually started just doing Gnomes and Foreman. Singe PH also paths through the Gnomes, which is great. Can loot ore to sell to the Goblin merchant, but beware, he is guarded by a roaming mob that can be a nasty priest caster. Merchant in zone that sells bandages. Can head over to Temple of Ro to buy Peridots. Made about 600pp here in peridots in one level. Bind in FP or Neriak.

38-43 Lguk entrance - Multiple mobs and two pathers. Beware the Shamans have a 40% heal they cast and they will debuff you to oblivion. Can also pop over to Uguk and kill the PH for your favorite item camp here. Picked up multiple groups for Frenzied and ass/supp in the evenings.

43-? We will see. Tried DL Yetis at 40 and I was losing a lot of HP on each one and the loot is crap.

fiveeauxfour
04-27-2016, 06:29 PM
DL yeti's kick ass idk what youre talking about. they drop mid tier gems which sell very well and they can drop some good pp. I mainly use that spot to PL and it rocks! The glacier yeti's are not worth their difficulty i do not think, but the tundra yeti's are baller.

another baller spot is the geonids in crystal caverns but im not sure if thats too low for the 40's. They drop some sick ass gems that sell for 100's of plat and its good exp to boot and the camp is all split out so there isnt really any anxiety that comes with potential adds.

Otherwise, if youre not good on that, be sure to look at any of the hundred thousand posted leveling guides on the wiki.

Swish
04-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Yetis are good as mentioned ^^

Sol B royals would probably be soloable if you were twinked... clear the roamers before you pull the 3 ledges.

40s/50s though at any point, you're going to struggle solo without some big dps weapons.

Highkeep guards? Top floor should still be just about in range. Then onto nobles maybe at 47-48?

Raev
04-27-2016, 08:22 PM
1, why would you play on red

and

2, if you are going to play on red, you should group and take advantage of the 50x group xp bonus

Auchae
04-28-2016, 03:38 AM
Get your intimidate skill up and fear kite giants in frontier mountains. Intimidate is under appreciated as a solo tool. Err well it starts to green out a bit at 43 but still doable casually. Find an open area like dreadlands and fear kite solo.

Zentile
04-28-2016, 03:51 AM
I spent my early 40s soloing in Nurga and my mid/late 40s between CoM and Bloodgill goblins in LOIO.

All of them are amazing spots and doable without twink gear.

Zentile

gildor
04-28-2016, 08:17 AM
To amend OP, I just did 1-30 solo on my iksar monk, it went 1-10 FOB/ Bonebinder warrens, 10-20 kurns ( do basement and camp fingered for your shackle, 20-28 giants in ww (greenwoods), 28-30 brutes in ww, and now at 30 am doing guards in highkeep..so far so good. The bind in combat macro is like having 2 fungis when under 50% hp

I have monk no cash, and believe my bank has around 1800 in it after 1-30

Swish
04-28-2016, 08:35 AM
1, why would you play on red

and

2, if you are going to play on red, you should group and take advantage of the 50x group xp bonus

You can't be a cunt on red and get away with it, unless you're a pvp jedi or killing someone 6v1. That stops most blue players making the switch.

xKoopa
04-28-2016, 08:42 AM
Solb near sola zoneline is good and you can move in towards royals/bnb as you lvl

Tewaz
04-28-2016, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the input guise!

gildor
04-28-2016, 11:29 AM
You can't be a cunt on red and get away with it, unless you're a pvp jedi or killing someone 6v1. That stops most blue players making the switch.

Can't be a cunt on red because there is no one to be a cunt to..if a tree falls..

Jimjam
04-28-2016, 03:16 PM
My 47 Ranger can solo the bats zone line in SoldungB, it's pretty dicey though (not great gear either). Decent xp and I guess for a monk it is even quicker.

At 54 some of the bats start spawning green, meaning it will take about 400 solo kills to level.

Before these levels I don't know... I have a 42 wizard, but he just occasionally pops into SK, checks for gnoll scrolls, kill a couple of gnolls if any are up and gates back to qeynos. Not really an option for a monk!

jolanar
04-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Yetis until they stop giving exp. Spectres, Ogre Guards, Hill Giants also good options. After that, Sol B.

Don't be afraid of killing greens that give exp.

Tewaz
04-28-2016, 04:55 PM
I'm back at the Yeti's lets go!

Wiley
05-04-2016, 12:38 PM
12-20 Kurn's - Great exp, bone chips galore, and wide level range.

Personal preference:
12-19 pit and NE are of Kurns in FoB.
19-24 tunnels in Kurns, crazy exp and no one goes there.

Tewaz
05-04-2016, 01:56 PM
I avoided the tunnels to keep my Burnai faction okay...which is a pointless thing to have done.

Well I'm 48 on the monk now and my soloing days are just about over. I've hung around SolB and have jumped back and forth between soloing kobolds at a Sol A zone line, farming Sol A, and grouping at bats and bugs.

mev
05-05-2016, 01:32 AM
I did the following:

- 1-12ish: FoB
- 12ish-24: Kurn's. I preserved my Burynai faction, but I still did the tunnels -- there are some icebones / charbones that give good XP until 24. Once you're above 20, you should be able to do a circuit from top to bottom of Kurn's, killing everything that gives XP, and then by the time you hit the bottom, zone out, and zone back in, the top should have repopped.
- 24-30: WW
- 30-40: FM
- 40-45ish: CoM (this was exclusively grouping)
- 45ish-51ish: SolB Kobolds (this was exclusively grouping)
- 51-55: SolB Bugs and Bats (you can solo again because you can bind wound to 70%). Also, groups for LDCs or Efreeti are great.

At 55, BnB XP is trash because level 38-41 mobs are XP green, so only 1/5 of the bugs and bats give full XP. LDCs would be viable grouping, but that would require substantially better equipment than I have currently. I'm still figuring out whether or not there are any good solo places left for a monk with my gear.

From 1-50, my equipment was Wu's Quivering Staff, 2 Trance Sticks (I only used them to keep up my 1hb), a couple medicine bags for bandages and shurikens, cured silk armor that I tailored myself, and random drops (eg, Crescent Armor from Dalnir, Droga rings, Forest Loops, Targishin's Bone Mask). After that, I gradually upgraded to what I currently have (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Meviin) in roughly this priority:
- Haste item (SCHW or FBSS)
- IFS for 2HB, Jade Mace / SoS for 1HBs
- Weight reduction bags. Large Soiled Bag is great for bandages / shurikens (if you spend some time in SolB around BnB / LDCs, you'll likely get one for free). There are a bunch of cheap weight reduction bags that have 8 slots, 0.4 weight, and have between 20-35% WR (http://wiki.project1999.com/Weight-reducing_Bags). To upgrade after that, you need to shell out 5k for a Tinkerer's bag. But getting one of those is also totally worth it.
- Shackle of Steel quest (probably not worth it in terms of time investment, but I enjoy doing quests, and it's a great bracer)
- Epic quest
- Misc gear (eg, Black Panther Boots)

Next on my agenda is jboots.

Spit
05-05-2016, 09:05 AM
I did the following:

- 1-12ish: FoB
- 12ish-24: Kurn's. I preserved my Burynai faction, but I still did the tunnels -- there are some icebones / charbones that give good XP until 24. Once you're above 20, you should be able to do a circuit from top to bottom of Kurn's, killing everything that gives XP, and then by the time you hit the bottom, zone out, and zone back in, the top should have repopped.
- 24-30: WW
- 30-40: FM
- 40-45ish: CoM (this was exclusively grouping)
- 45ish-51ish: SolB Kobolds (this was exclusively grouping)
- 51-55: SolB Bugs and Bats (you can solo again because you can bind wound to 70%). Also, groups for LDCs or Efreeti are great.

At 55, BnB XP is trash because level 38-41 mobs are XP green, so only 1/5 of the bugs and bats give full XP. LDCs would be viable grouping, but that would require substantially better equipment than I have currently. I'm still figuring out whether or not there are any good solo places left for a monk with my gear.

From 1-50, my equipment was Wu's Quivering Staff, 2 Trance Sticks (I only used them to keep up my 1hb), a couple medicine bags for bandages and shurikens, cured silk armor that I tailored myself, and random drops (eg, Crescent Armor from Dalnir, Droga rings, Forest Loops, Targishin's Bone Mask). After that, I gradually upgraded to what I currently have (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Meviin) in roughly this priority:
- Haste item (SCHW or FBSS)
- IFS for 2HB, Jade Mace / SoS for 1HBs
- Weight reduction bags. Large Soiled Bag is great for bandages / shurikens (if you spend some time in SolB around BnB / LDCs, you'll likely get one for free). There are a bunch of cheap weight reduction bags that have 8 slots, 0.4 weight, and have between 20-35% WR (http://wiki.project1999.com/Weight-reducing_Bags). To upgrade after that, you need to shell out 5k for a Tinkerer's bag. But getting one of those is also totally worth it.
- Shackle of Steel quest (probably not worth it in terms of time investment, but I enjoy doing quests, and it's a great bracer)
- Epic quest
- Misc gear (eg, Black Panther Boots)

Next on my agenda is jboots.

55 seems to be the stopping point for solo xp for many many classes, as a monk you could find groups 55-60 easily