PDA

View Full Version : 56 Necro Monk Pet worth getting?

KAELZ
04-23-2016, 08:46 PM
Is the monk pet worth using over the 49 warrior pet? (ignore the 58 warrior spectre as I'm not that high and don't have that spell)

Thanks.

silo32
04-25-2016, 05:49 PM
all pets but spec are situational

the 58 monk pet is > 49 pet

it has a flying kick graphic, why wouldn't you

its easier to control unlike the 53 rogue pet wich requires position behind mob to out dps the monk pet spect over all is the best pet

Gumbo
04-25-2016, 06:39 PM
all pets but spec are situational

the 58 monk pet is > 49 pet

it has a flying kick graphic, why wouldn't you

its easier to control unlike the 53 rogue pet wich requires position behind mob to out dps the monk pet spect over all is the best pet

If your a Necro and you have 53 rogue pet. Just cast Fear and the pet is right behind the mob dealing total dps.

derpcake
04-26-2016, 09:37 AM
monk pet tanks worse then the 49 pet and its less dps then the 53 pet in group settings or when fear-kiting

there really is no practical reason to get it, there are no situations where either of the other pets isn't superior

this is classic, the monk pet always was the weakest one out of the bunch

@silo its lvl 56 not 58

Spyder73
04-26-2016, 12:49 PM
if you are not charming then you are doing the entire necro thing wrong anyways

Rennol
04-30-2016, 11:05 PM
I can see the monk pet being situationally useful when you are clearing out low level trash. Your rogue pet won't be able to backstab, and you wouldn't need the tankiness of the 49 pet. So, monk pet to the rescue.

derpcake
05-01-2016, 05:01 AM
yea except it doesn't work in practice

KAELZ
05-01-2016, 06:50 PM
So...to tank a mob the higher level and monk avoidance still makes it worse than 49 warrior?

Llodd
05-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Assumin the wiki is correct the dfference is only 2 levels (max pets) and a not so insignificant 600hp. So yeah I'd think the warrior is still more tanky. buy em and find out.

Daldaen
05-02-2016, 09:17 AM
If you read old necro boards the monk pet is praised due to being higher level and having higher avoidance values.

Those two factors don't appear to have been transferred over to P99, though it's difficult to prove the exact differences.

In my personal experience I never found the 56 pet to be useful as others stated. 49 and later 59 pets tank better due to raw HP. The 53 pet backstabs and deals more DPS in general.

mohko
05-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Good extra dps if you are root rotting, use it like an extra dot. Deals more damage than 49 pet (or 53 pet if backstab isn't available), tanks better than 49 pet (from my experience) and is good for clearing low level trash. That's about it.

KAELZ
05-07-2016, 02:33 PM
after having the 56 pet for a week and using it, I can say that spending plat on a 56 pet is a waste. Its simply not that great. I am currently root rotting and fear kiting on Velious mobs and I do use it instead of warrior on root rots, and use rogue pet on fear kites. I could easily substitute the 49 pet instead on root rots...and it will be almost no loss....but since i bought it, i might as well use it. Just wanted to give you all a follow up.

Halox
05-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I just use the 49 pet. I never bought the 56 pet, and I don't regret it.

silo32
05-15-2016, 08:38 AM
after having the 56 pet for a week and using it, I can say that spending plat on a 56 pet is a waste. Its simply not that great. I am currently root rotting and fear kiting on Velious mobs and I do use it instead of warrior on root rots, and use rogue pet on fear kites. I could easily substitute the 49 pet instead on root rots...and it will be almost no loss....but since i bought it, i might as well use it. Just wanted to give you all a follow up.

good in groups, you should group

necro pet is good for bs but if you have a shitty tank that cant position mobs for your pet, or you are a shitty necro and cant postion your pet for bs, monk pet is ez mode and will out dps the rogue pet

hell put the rogue pet and monk pet 1v1 heads up

monk pet also has a FLYING KICK ANIMATION

who dosent wanna see that?

Swish
05-15-2016, 08:43 AM
If you read old necro boards the monk pet is praised due to being higher level and having higher avoidance values.

Those two factors don't appear to have been transferred over to P99, though it's difficult to prove the exact differences.

In my personal experience I never found the 56 pet to be useful as others stated. 49 and later 59 pets tank better due to raw HP. The 53 pet backstabs and deals more DPS in general.

The rogue pet dps really isn't a good return when solo, unless you're (for some reason) out in an open zone. The occasional backstab doesn't really bring up its dps very much and depending on the situation you might have adds to deal with for the trouble.

Can't beat the 49 pet when things start getting rough, sure its not great dps but your dots are <3