PDA

View Full Version : Necrosis or Wizard

Subidoo
04-11-2016, 08:54 PM
I just wanted to get the opinion of some veteran Eq players, when I played EQ back in the day I was a cleric. Now I'm planning to come back and was curious on who is more viable at solo play, necro or wizard?

Hyperbase-1999
04-12-2016, 01:24 AM
Anything with a mana bar is viable.

Necromancer hands down has more versatility soloing, pet tanking, rooting, fearing, charming.

But maybe wizard quadding and port tipping is your kind of thing, wizard feels a more sociable class as well.

Pyrion
04-12-2016, 10:12 AM
From all casters wizard is the hardest to solo (well, cleric might be worse). That only changes when you get high enough to quad... and even that requires some time of movement buff that you have to get thru items or other players.

Necro is far easier and has a lot more tools. If you like blasting stuff, consider a magician. Only a bit less efficient with nukes, but you get a totally awesome pet in return. Starting the game as a wizard is a recipe for failure (imho).

gildor
04-12-2016, 10:31 AM
I would take playing EQ over a disease like necrosis any day! go with the weezard

deadlycupcakez
04-12-2016, 12:10 PM
I mained a wizard to 55 then leveled a rogue to 60, I loved every single minute I spent doing both. However I will say Wizard will have more downtime than Necro and a smaller breadth of spells (various resist dots, lifetaps/drains, self mana regen, twitch, harmshield, FD, DMF --vs-- high dmg burst, higher dmg burst, aoe snare, harvest, evac)

Subidoo
04-13-2016, 12:48 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info everyone.

Necabo
04-25-2016, 01:25 PM
I find roleplaying a wizard to be more enjoyable than a necromancer, but then again, I enjoy taking a neutral, sagely stance on things, rather than having to look at everything from the lens of hate as would an Innoruuk worshipper.