PDA

View Full Version : Updated Rule 12 - Stalling

Daldaen
04-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Q12: What exactly does the Staff consider a stall?

A: As far as engage stalls, the Staff will grant you one DA, or about that much time on an engage before considering it a stall. So it’s important that guilds do not engage a mob until they are ready to kill it. The spirit of the rule (and what we are looking to do here) is to prevent guilds from locking up a target before they are ready to kill it, just to prevent other guilds that are ready to kill it first/faster. If you stall, you need to drop aggro immediately and concede/forfeit the mob. Any number of players can be considered to be stalling a mob, what we look for is the engage of the kill force. I know some of you want an exact number of seconds, or players, or DPS done, but the fact is that’s just not realistic with guilds being so vastly different in numbers and strength while also competing for the same content. The most important thing here is the statement about the spirit of this rule stated above.

This rule has the exact amount of vagueness that I repeated over and over is a reason for the petition quest on this server Sirken. This will be exacerbated by the increased penalties, while I do agree they are necessary the rules need to be made crystal clear so that people know when they step over them, so that guilds can own up to them and concede if necessary.

Example:

Kite - Your pull is considered a stall or kite if it runs away from the direct path to your camp for more than 10 seconds without reversing directions.

Stall - Your engage on a mob is considered a stall if after clearing your camp of any trash mobs you may have aggroed, you are unable to drop the raid target to summoning HP (97%) within 2 minutes (3% in 2 minutes puts a guild at a pace for a 66 minute kill, this is reasonable for any guild of any makeup to reach that metric.)

Pint
04-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Aftermath is also very concerned over the lack of detail surrounding these two important concepts. These are the same vague rules that have left us on the fence as to whether or not we've broken a rule in the past and have directly resulted in contradicting rulings on multiple occasions. We need consistency in gauging kites and stalls since your interpretation of both concepts has historically been subjective and case by case.