PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Ogre to Freeport?

hughzar
04-03-2016, 06:59 PM
I was reading, in the leveling guide on the Wiki, that Freeport is a great destination for exp and $$$ at lower levels. However, I have a few questions that I hoped could be answered? First, is Freeport safe for an Ogre? I would hate to travel there and be KOS. Secondly, speaking of travelling, what is the best way to get to Freeport? Feerrott to Innothule Swamp and then head north seems doable, but a long way. And finally, what level should I head to Freeport/Commonlands? My ogre is just shy of level 5 at the monment. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

--hughzar

Pyrion
04-04-2016, 04:45 AM
Welcome!

Ogres are KOS in Freeport by default (although by how much you are KOS varies depending on religion mainly). So you would need some faction work. There is one dark elf vendor in the freeport tunnels that you can sell to and one other greedy vendor in the EC tunnel that sells even food and water.

Initial faction work would be to just kill every orc that you see. The advantage of the freeport area is that there is a nice collection of easy enough mobs combined with the fact that it's quite easy to get buffs. Also, you can sell newbie loot (bone chips, bear pelts, spider(ling) silk) for a decent price there.

jolanar
04-04-2016, 09:49 AM
They really just mean the Freeport area (Commonlands, Desert of Ro, Oasis) and not actually in the city.

As an ogre there is no reason to attempt to do faction work for Freeport, because the dark elf city Neriak is only 1 zone away and allows you to sell and bank and even train depending on your class.

mgriff02
04-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Feerrott and Innothule are nice little newbie zones as well. You can get plenty of spiderling silk in Feerrott which sell well once you can make it to EC.

The Freeport area (newbie area + EC) is great too, nice since you have a place to sell your stuff to players right away. Don't worry about being KoS, as the others have said. You can sell to merchants in EC tunnel and bank in Neriak. The run is Feerrott > Innothule > Sro > Oasis > Nro > EC. It's long but if you stick to zone walls and the shoreline it's safe except in Oasis - watch out for giants and Cazel there.

hughzar
04-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and hoofed it to EC today. Nothing attacked me, but those pumas made me nervous!