PDA

View Full Version : Big time MMORPG fan looking for a great guild.

Tonden_Ockay
12-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Big time MMORPG fan looking for a great guild.

Sex: Male
Work: Full time
Play time: Mon – Thursday 5pm to 8pm EST

MMORPG XP: EQ Live – May 1999 to Dec 2004, Retail WoW form Dec 2004 to May of 2009

I enjoy every thing EQ has to offer farming, solo, group, and raiding.

When I was playing EQ I didn’t have kids. Plus my wife and I used to work full time on opposite shifts so I had all kinds of time to play. Once we started having kids and I started work up to 72 hours a week I started looking of a different MMORPG to play.

This is when I found WoW. WoW was more laid back. I could solo, play PVP, and group anytime I wanted (using group finder). Most players were not hardcore so they did not care if you were hardcore.

Over time I felt like something was missing. WoW was not doing it for me. So I started asking my self what was missing.

In EQ people wanted/needed to group. On the other hand in WoW they could care less. People in EQ cared about their reputation. The kids in WoW were out for their selves. WoW also lacked of adult conversation and maturity. New item you untainted in EQ meant something at every level of the game. While WoW had way to much loot to the point that it meant nothing because you would get something better tomorrow. Leveling you character in EQ gave a since of accomplishment and made you scared to die (XP los and corpse retrieval). As for WoW was so easy that I knew 6 year olds who leveled to 80 and did well in PVP (the game was too easy).

All of this has led me back to EQ and to this server. So is there a Guild on this server that would work out good for a player like my self?

Thanks for your time.

Tonden Ockay