PDA

View Full Version : druid charming

gprater
04-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Is there a limiting stat (like enchanter's Charisma) for charming animals?

Sorn
04-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Magic resist, aka levels will always help. Our animal magnetism takes care of the rest. ;)

Doctor Jeff
04-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Your ability to charm as a druid is based solely on the magic resistance of the animal.

Resistances are less effective against players based on their level. For example, at 50, a mob might resist every root you cast, but if you were level 54, you could be landing every single spell. (Probably not so extreme, but I hope you get the idea.)

At 52 druids get an animal only "Tash" called Glamour of Tunare. It is an unresistable spell that reduces your target animal's magic resistance by 20, but that can be the difference between a 3 minute charm and a 15 minute charm.

Hope this helps.

Pyrion
04-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Its not only magical resist. Its also level difference. The lower the mob the easier and longer the charm.

Doctor Jeff
04-03-2016, 12:36 PM
Resistances are less effective against players[READ: Targets] based on their level. For example, at 50, a mob might resist every root you cast, but if you were level 54, you could be landing every single spell. (Probably not so extreme, but I hope you get the idea.).

Its not only magical resist. Its also level difference. The lower the mob the easier and longer the charm.

Hope this helps.

VII
04-10-2016, 02:03 AM
is call of karana our best charm? what's the highest level animal we can charm? also I saw we can summon a bear, is that a decent pet?

Doctor Jeff
04-10-2016, 02:06 AM
is call of karana our best charm? what's the highest level animal we can charm? also I saw we can summon a bear, is that a decent pet?

Call of Karana is the best charm you will get. Tunare's Request has a long duration but only works on low level mobs.
The wiki says that Call of Karana only works on mobs up to level 53, but I have charmed the level 55 Pegasus mobs from island 4 of Plane of Sky. With this knowledge, I would assume that 55 is the limit.

The summoned bear is about level 30, has about 300 HP, and doubles for 20ish.

The summoned bear is good for a lot of things, like /pet attack [mob name] to see if a mob is up in zone, clearing low level PHs, and using as a 700 point mana battery if you have a Reclaim Energy clicky that is useable from inventory. (any of the mage focuses)

It can bash which will interrupt casters and it will always attempt to bash on its first round of a combat. You can hold it and when you see a mob start casting, send it in to try to land a bash.

For a couple of real world examples,
most often i use mine to do quillmanes for low level newbies on red as it is a critical pvp item that many people don't think they have the capability of getting. I bound a /pet attack Quillmane macro to my tracking button so that every 15 seconds when i track the PH, i also have my pet tell me if quillmane is up.

I play on the pvp server so if I'm at a camp, i summon a pet and med up. It costs 700 mana to summon the pet so after I've medded up and I'm doing whatever and if someone zones in to pvp me, or if I train myself, I can just click my stein of Ulissa and have 700 extra mana.

Hope this helps

VII
04-10-2016, 10:13 AM
oh snap. excellent response. thanks! what's the highest level we can charm using Call of Karana? oh and can the best be summoned inside a dungeon? also is there any speed movement increasing spell we get ever that can be cast indoors? any of the higher tier wolf forms or other scales of/ spirit ofs?

Doctor Jeff
04-10-2016, 01:17 PM
oh snap. excellent response. thanks! what's the highest level we can charm using Call of Karana? oh and can the best be summoned inside a dungeon? also is there any speed movement increasing spell we get ever that can be cast indoors? any of the higher tier wolf forms or other scales of/ spirit ofs?

I'm pretty confident the upper limit is level 55. The pet can be summoned in a dungeon for sure, just make sure you guard it somewhere safe or babysit it because it only has 300 hp.

SoW is your best movement spell, spirit of cheetah is for making a quick get away. The spell Form of the Howler gives +2 mana per tick so it is worth using it whenever you are outdoors until you get the spell Mask of the Hunter which gives See Invis and +3 mana per tick.

Mask of the Hunter blocks illusion buffs but does not fall when you zone, does not increase the size of your model, and does not magnify your view.

Scale of X is pretty useless unless maybe you are running across a big zone and know that nothing will aggro you (wk for example, or a TD going to the pots), although succor in both of those cases will help you loads.

Spirit of Oak does not stick with your Mask or Form spells, but does stack with Protection of the Glades and your Regrowth line of spells. This is very useful because Spirit of Oak gives +10 HP per tick and +4 mana per tick

Combined with your Regrowth, and Protection of the Glades, you are regening an extra 25 HP and 10 mana per tick just self buffed. With this and my mana battery pet, I find it very hard to run out of mana in most situations.

mike13bc
04-16-2016, 09:42 AM
On the same token, what is the best zone for a 50 druid to charm/kite?

Kowalski
04-16-2016, 09:44 AM
EJ

mike13bc
04-16-2016, 01:39 PM
Any other suggestions? EJ is pretty tough to manage the adds. Have not had too much success yet.

Doctor Jeff
04-16-2016, 02:51 PM
Any other suggestions? EJ is pretty tough to manage the adds. Have not had too much success yet.

How are you getting adds? Just Harmony everything that comes within 100 ft

mike13bc
04-16-2016, 06:02 PM
Probably true. I think more of my success (or lack thereof) is due to me not having played in years. It's getting better.