PDA

View Full Version : R99 Population: disable ooc

Wonton
03-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Dear Red99 GMs,

I have the privilege of filtering out OOC. However, not every single red everquester may not have the same knowledge that I do. The population is not growing, we all know this. I want to say that: I STRONGLY recommend that Ooc is disabled to encourage any type of server growth. The Pros of OOC do NOT out weigh the Cons.

You can disable ooc in your options in-game by hitting ALT+O > Filters Tab > Out of Character and setting it to Hide.

Just having the option to disable it isn't enough. As it stands, red99 ooc is a medium, in which toxic players can come together to continue their habitual disrespectful behavior. Red99 and disrespect don't have to be synonymous but so many players naturally see it that way, unfortunately; and use ooc as the engine for that disrespect.

tl;dr disable ooc. red99 is a cesspool of trolls and it needs to be culled for population growth

Samsung
03-23-2016, 08:00 PM
God shut up you pussy.

Pokesan
03-23-2016, 08:08 PM
you have my axe

Tassador
03-23-2016, 08:10 PM
God shut up you pussy.

Op feelers hurt on elf simulator and is an adult. Good luck!

Swish
03-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Put it in a window and minimize it, nothing hard about that.

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 08:21 PM
Im one here who has one of the most consistent use of the term toxic in reference to the community.

OOC advantages outweights the cons. You need to be able to find groups that bad. The small zone pop just leads to people logging out when they cant find groups. Also, the sooner people realize whats waiting for them at end game, the sooner they can decide if the lunatics running the asylum is a thing they want to roll with, the better. In comic book tradespeak, we call it disclosure. As long as the client can make an informed decision knowing all the defects a comic book has, hes getting a fair deal. Reading the flow of verbal vomit in OOC is Red99's disclosure.

Sear
03-23-2016, 08:21 PM
pls disable

I like my social MMOs without any social features

if someone trash talks me on the basketball court I stop the game and demand that the referee remove them so I can practice my granny shot in solitude

Wonton
03-23-2016, 08:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0DdvEn1.png :cool:

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 08:27 PM
Swish is a master Gif poster, dont hate

Samsung
03-23-2016, 08:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0DdvEn1.png :cool:

Lmao

Wonton
03-23-2016, 08:40 PM
An option could be that we just get chat channels and drop the 1999 thing? I dont know... Didnt mean to stir up the gallery

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 08:49 PM
Its not like the subject didnt come up before and solutions werent mentioned.

2-5 mins cooldown on OOC msgs seemed to me like a fair compromise

"Rogean: Accounts with characters under level 5 will now be subject to the following chat limits across all public channels:

2 Messages per 10 seconds." is what they chose to implement, which is fucking pointless, since you can still even sort of spam.

Anyway server's dead, its like that terrible 80s movie DOA with Dennis Quaid, server took a mortal poison years ago, nothing to do now but drink heavily on a cheesy sax soundtrack and fuck Meg Ryan one last time before kicking the bucket.

AenorVZ
03-23-2016, 11:09 PM
Disable the whole server.

Xaanka
03-23-2016, 11:15 PM
shut the garage door and rev your motor until the lights go out

JayDee
03-25-2016, 02:39 AM
he STRONGLY RECOMMENDS this shit

Sassa
03-31-2016, 03:12 AM
In second hand women's retail clothing tradespeak we call it disclosure. As long as the client can make an informed decision knowing all the defects a piece of cloth has, hes getting a fair deal. Reading the flow of verbal vomit in OOC is Red99's disclosure. See?