PDA

View Full Version : Is red server dead?

Fame
03-22-2016, 08:04 PM
Haven't seen or heard anything new since the discord troll. There is another server growing daily that seems to have listened to the player base and created a system designed around player input specifically intended to increase pvp activity. The economy is taking a shit and it's pretty obvious that any new blood has dried up.

You killed red to blue transfers because of a few bad apples and now we're headed back to the breadlines.

We just rollin with this or does anyone actually give a shit anymore?

Uuruk
03-22-2016, 08:06 PM
Naw, ain't rolling on a server with a history of devs selling loot to Sektor.

Thanks but no thanks.

Fame
03-22-2016, 08:08 PM
Yeah not playin either, I prob will next season when I can go hard and it wipes in 6 months. I'll be one of the lifers here but after playing for 4 years and casually observing trends I gotta say that we're in a freefall. Again.

Beastagoog
03-22-2016, 08:19 PM
In short, no, its still fairly active but I noticed the other day only ~25 pvp deaths occured in a whole day.

But in the long run yes its dying, I personally think it's going be 150 pop by the end of this year. At the peak of velly launch pop was 300+ and 7 months later its now its 200-220 at peak.

Basically 33% pop reduction.

Fame
03-22-2016, 08:25 PM
I want to believe! The alarming thing to me is the drop in new players. Every time red population boomed in the past it was usually accompanied by some sort of incentive to join. Server launch, red dawn, thunderdome, tmo and blue to red transfers, velious could have been way bigger if it wasn't just velious.

What happened to Thunderdomes PR branch? When they were in full swing we saw a lot of gains.

It pains me to say this but was Mad the shakes Max really the guy to lead us down the path to a better server? Would have been nice to see him so something with his life, well, what's left of it anyway.

Fame
03-22-2016, 08:26 PM
Truth be told, after years of dropping bombs on fresh level 45s I have been experiencing a serious drought. I even had to level my friendly wizard :mad:

Beastagoog
03-22-2016, 08:58 PM
I think banning cross server xfers was a fatal move for blues baby brother.

Gave people the freedom to move around; and savvy blue players a reason to play on red too (farm and xfer that pp back to blue thus bringing blue plays to red).

Colgate
03-22-2016, 09:05 PM
it's always been dead

FoxxHound
03-22-2016, 09:06 PM
It's dead Jim.

Beastagoog
03-22-2016, 09:12 PM
I mean I never played eq pvp till red99 (2 years ago) and even though I am a shit pvper I'd could never go back to a blue type server.

So letting people get ^ taste is what would have been trickling players in too.

It's like an extra layer of addiction. Its great fun.

Uuruk
03-22-2016, 09:13 PM
In short, no, its still fairly active but I noticed the other day only ~25 pvp deaths occured in a whole day.

But in the long run yes its dying, I personally think it's going be 150 pop by the end of this year. At the peak of velly launch pop was 300+ and 7 months later its now its 200-220 at peak.

Basically 33% pop reduction.

There are 131 players on right now. YIKES

Tradesonred
03-22-2016, 09:44 PM
Spring is going to make this server call LnS

T minus 3 weeks

Sear
03-22-2016, 09:48 PM
only ~25 pvp deaths occured in a whole day.

+/- 4 levels FFA pvp w/ classic level treadmill and two expansions

does not work for a box that caps out around 400-500 concurrent

Kerwin
03-22-2016, 11:48 PM
to be honest ive had alot of fun lately with tempest pals

everyone just on that new stupid shit box that will die in a month or 2

Efwan
03-22-2016, 11:53 PM

Bazia
03-22-2016, 11:54 PM
logged in for a minute considering a come back

/who all count 65 players at 6:30 PM EST

nah

Doctor Jeff
03-22-2016, 11:54 PM
Everyone who cares whether or not Kecleon comes back raise your hands...

iruinedyourday
03-23-2016, 12:01 AM
Red will never die but I did just spend 30 mins looking for someone in range to 54 and couldnt :( well i found 2 but i rooted them both as they stood on teh seb bubble and they go byebye with clicks :(

tam still roaming norrath tho so we got that goin for us which is nice

Kerwin
03-23-2016, 12:03 AM
one of the best enchs to grace this server so ill raise my hand

Doctor Jeff
03-23-2016, 12:05 AM
today i farmed 8 white gold necklaces

quido
03-23-2016, 12:10 AM
Looks like there's been some fun PvP lately - looking forward to getting back onto red myself soon.

iruinedyourday
03-23-2016, 12:20 AM
red needs a TRUMP we need to make this server great again.

Drakaris
03-23-2016, 12:33 AM
Naw, ain't rolling on a server with a history of devs selling loot to Sektor.

Thanks but no thanks.

Whats this an RMT accusation in server chance?

Got Prof?

Uuruk
03-23-2016, 12:37 AM
Whats this an RMT accusation in server chance?

Got Prof?

Nothing to do with p99

Drakaris
03-23-2016, 01:23 AM
Nothing to do with p99

Context was about Red being dead, not meridian.

Xaanka
03-23-2016, 01:23 AM

this, but insert the name of whatever guild

Uuruk
03-23-2016, 01:59 AM
Context was about Red being dead, not meridian.

Can you read ???

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 02:27 AM
The 5 stages of double digit red99 peak pop

Denial — The first reaction is denial. In this stage individuals believe the diagnosis is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality. "Red still has its best years ahead"

Anger — When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, they become frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?" "Holy fuck did i really spend all these hours farming pixels on a dying server?", "Nobody showed up for the raid again, fucking nerds". "I was SO FUCKING CLOSE to my sixth epic, why doesnt anyone log on anymore?".

Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek compromise. "Maybe i can RMT my pixels before the prices go Titanic?" "Oh, ill convince Sirken to spice up red with more duels"

Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon, so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the individual becomes saddened by the mathematical probability of death. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time mournful and sullen. "Time 4:34am /Who There is 1 player in innothule swamp" "These cheetos have no taste anymore"

Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."
In this last stage, individuals embrace mortality or inevitable future, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event. People dying may precede the survivors in this state, which typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable condition of emotions. "What is this rectangle-like object in a wall in my room? Ill try pulling on this roundish device attached to it, see what happens"

Jazzy
03-23-2016, 02:45 AM
My guild pretty much died on red.
I have no interest in playing with tempest / empire, or applying to in any case.
Loving the new server and i consider r99 to be dead and buried.
Empire won the box - and who can be mad at that?

Swish
03-23-2016, 02:51 AM
Turn off blue for a week...they'll soon come to try it.

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 02:52 AM
Turn off blue for a week...they'll soon come to try it.

Stage 3

Nyrod
03-23-2016, 04:40 AM
we should all stop playing EQ

ya right

Xaanka
03-23-2016, 04:55 AM
I have no interest in playing with tempest / empire, or applying to in any case.

can all these people who are quitting to play the flavor of the month emu fuck off to some subreddit already??

Efwan
03-23-2016, 05:30 AM

Actually, 80% or more of what was your guild is now in Tempest doing bigger and better things, things CS could have been doing the last 6 months themselves, to be quite honest. Not quite sure why the 5man fresh clique doesn't want to join them and help, probably has something to do with not wanting to relinquish the little control that leadership had. Oh well, good luck on devnoobs box.

Jazzy
03-23-2016, 06:00 AM
Bros, i posted in a chilled and truthful manner. I aint mad at r99, was good fun and have no enemies. Server was/is great.

CS was never about doing things Tempest are doing, whatever that is.

Good luck and god bless to all.

Tassador
03-23-2016, 06:48 AM
I'll acknowledge ecoli, we hate you. That's is all pz

Xaanka
03-23-2016, 07:06 AM
just messing with u dog

Efwan
03-23-2016, 07:48 AM
Bros, i posted in a chilled and truthful manner. I aint mad at r99, was good fun and have no enemies. Server was/is great.

CS was never about doing things Tempest are doing, whatever that is.

Good luck and god bless to all.

Not sure what you mean by CS was never about doing things tempest are doing. CS attempted to kill mobs like vindi, CS would have love to snipe small mobs from empire (they were gearing towards it back when I was in), heck they actually did help snipe a statue (eliminating a AoW chance that week), with the current Tempest leadership in a very temporary alliance. I think you are confusing the old primetime CS with the 6 am est CS when you started logging back in 2 months ago. Gardur attempted to lead many of the things Tempest is currently accomplishing.

Obviously I am Empire now, so I have 0 ties to Tempest, I say all this just as a unbiased person who has seen both sides develop and with server health as the intention I pras tempest for what they've done and lol at people like Anomen who are so dang bitter that Tempest got most of CScums members. None of this is a slight to you personally, Jazzy, just wanted to shed some light for ya on the subject.

TL;DR? Pras tempest for server health hopefully it continues while alot of the box is playing a diff game or server.

Samsung
03-23-2016, 08:08 AM
Not sure what you mean by CS was never about doing things tempest are doing. CS attempted to kill mobs like vindi, CS would have love to snipe small mobs from empire (they were gearing towards it back when I was in), heck they actually did help snipe a statue (eliminating a AoW chance that week), with the current Tempest leadership in a very temporary alliance. I think you are confusing the old primetime CS with the 6 am est CS when you started logging back in 2 months ago. Gardur attempted to lead many of the things Tempest is currently accomplishing.

Obviously I am Empire now, so I have 0 ties to Tempest, I say all this just as a unbiased person who has seen both sides develop and with server health as the intention I pras tempest for what they've done and lol at people like Anomen who are so dang bitter that Tempest got most of CScums members. None of this is a slight to you personally, Jazzy, just wanted to shed some light for ya on the subject.

TL;DR? Pras tempest for server health hopefully it continues while alot of the box is playing a diff game or server.

Agree with this post. Rag and Tune doing a good job for what they have.

Efwan
03-23-2016, 08:32 AM
P.s. I do still love some of my CScum bros, just a bit puzzled I suppose

Spit
03-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Everquest never dies

Ragnaros
03-23-2016, 08:43 AM
No Red is not dead there was a mass pvp fight for golems last night

Jazzy
03-23-2016, 08:53 AM
Yeah i dunno. Good on you bros for bringing a fight but the box is basically won unless theres a mass banning or some shit like that isnt it? Theres no fresh blood to recruit from to match the numbers of Empire, add to that to even make up the gear advantage you are talking months and months of uncontested raiding.

either way have fun pals.

Man theres something about the office ceramic throne and some p99 forums. Match made in heaven.

Spit
03-23-2016, 08:55 AM
You can't win Everquest

The disease is forever

Redi
03-23-2016, 11:03 AM
logged in for a minute considering a come back

/who all count 65 players at 6:30 PM EST

nah

its still fairly active but I noticed the other day only ~25 pvp deaths occured in a whole day.

25 kills happens within 5 minutes between 6 different guilds in 4 different zones on eqpvp.

Check it out Bazia

Ragnaros
03-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Yeah i dunno. Good on you bros for bringing a fight but the box is basically won unless theres a mass banning or some shit like that isnt it? Theres no fresh blood to recruit from to match the numbers of Empire, add to that to even make up the gear advantage you are talking months and months of uncontested raiding.

either way have fun pals.

Man theres something about the office ceramic throne and some p99 forums. Match made in heaven.

Uhh we fielded 45 last night
Sounds like you guys have just been doing it wrong, theres plenty of people to recruit you just have to be willing to help them.
Gear doesnt mean anything when you are fully dispelled and spinning with 20 people on you

kjs86z
03-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Reds dead lol

Grandbeard
03-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Haven't seen or heard anything new since the discord troll. There is another server growing daily that seems to have listened to the player base and created a system designed around player input specifically intended to increase pvp activity. The economy is taking a shit and it's pretty obvious that any new blood has dried up.

You killed red to blue transfers because of a few bad apples and now we're headed back to the breadlines.

We just rollin with this or does anyone actually give a shit anymore?

I have posted about my experience on R99 before and I came back to say that yes indeed this server is not for many new players. The reasons for this should be clear to most players.

#1 The server population is brutally low which makes groups very difficult to form at the best of times for new players.

#2 Some in the community who are heavily twinked, take great delight in getting YTs off poorly geared new players to the point of corpse camping and even ignoring LNS. To these players I say lol enjoy the dead server.

#3 Gear... It is so difficult for a new player to jump in due to a variety of factors.

A) Not everyone wants to kiss serious butt of total strangers to get gear good enough to be viable in PvP.

B) Most viable pvp gear drops and epics require a lot of help from older players, of which this server has very few who are interested in helping at all and which also ties into (A).

C) The PvE grind towards gear seems far more tedious than it is worth due to #1 and #2. The PvP along the way usually consists of a new player getting #2'd day after day after day with no real help except to be told not to PvP in zones where the #2 culprits love the stalk newbie victims. In other words, there is no real PvP @ this point, just simply being fodder week after week so some nerd can brag that he has the most YTs this day or week.

The alternative is to PvE for xp and gear in places where gear you will want does not drop and where the exp and grouping are sub par. People often do not exp in groups in Highpass Keep due to the distance to get there. Often after getting there and seeing just how slow the exp and loot drops can be a player then sees LFM in MM or Unrest etc. This means finding a port and often running all the way back across multiple zones just to get one.

#4 Some people here are so toxic that it just makes reading /ooc terrible. Don't get me wrong, it is not nearly as bad as Warcraft but at times its so bad that /ooc gets turned off or the ignore list gets so long that /ooc does not make sense due to not seeing what 30% of the comments are that get replied to.

In short, not enough people, not enough helpful people, not enough paths to getting viable pvp gear and enough toxic members in the community to make it worthless.

I have started playing on Zek and so far I have enjoyed it 1000% more than my time on Red1999. This is with a lvl 20 cap to start in the 1st week, no twinks and no cities captured yet for Good or Evil. Zek will have some issues but so far it is night and day vs Red1999.

Peace.

Kevynne
03-23-2016, 11:38 AM
my guild dead on red99, no interest in returning. new zek box is so much fun

Grandbeard
03-23-2016, 11:46 AM
can all these people who are quitting to play the flavor of the month emu fuck off to some subreddit already??

Actually EQPVP server is super fun. More pvp in a day there than here in a month. I see more YT on that server in one week than in the months I played here. Red1999 a PvP server? Where is DAT BEEF.

Basically people steamrolling in heavily twinked gear is not PvP, its pathetic. On EQPVP everyone stands a chance. Heck I have killed Empire, Scum, Friends, Valhalla etc all in a matter of days there. So Pfft... :p

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 11:48 AM
I have posted about my experience on R99 before and I came back to say that yes indeed this server is not for many new players. The reasons for this should be clear to most players.

#1 The server population is brutally low which makes groups very difficult to form at the best of times for new players.

#2 Some in the community who are heavily twinked, take great delight in getting YTs off poorly geared new players to the point of corpse camping and even ignoring LNS. To these players I say lol enjoy the dead server.

#3 Gear... It is so difficult for a new player to jump in due to a variety of factors.

A) Not everyone wants to kiss serious butt of total strangers to get gear good enough to be viable in PvP.

B) Most viable pvp gear drops and epics require a lot of help from older players, of which this server has very few who are interested in helping at all and which also ties into (A).

C) The PvE grind towards gear seems far more tedious than it is worth due to #1 and #2. The PvP along the way usually consists of a new player getting #2'd day after day after day with no real help except to be told not to PvP in zones where the #2 culprits love the stalk newbie victims. In other words, there is no real PvP @ this point, just simply being fodder week after week so some nerd can brag that he has the most YTs this day or week.

The alternative is to PvE for xp and gear in places where gear you will want does not drop and where the exp and grouping are sub par. People often do not exp in groups in Highpass Keep due to the distance to get there. Often after getting there and seeing just how slow the exp and loot drops can be a player then sees LFM in MM or Unrest etc. This means finding a port and often running all the way back across multiple zones just to get one.

#4 Some people here are so toxic that it just makes reading /ooc terrible. Don't get me wrong, it is not nearly as bad as Warcraft but at times its so bad that /ooc gets turned off or the ignore list gets so long that /ooc does not make sense due to not seeing what 30% of the comments are that get replied to.

In short, not enough people, not enough helpful people, not enough paths to getting viable pvp gear and enough toxic members in the community to make it worthless.

I have started playing on Zek and so far I have enjoyed it 1000% more than my time on Red1999. This is with a lvl 20 cap to start in the 1st week, no twinks and no cities captured yet for Good or Evil. Zek will have some issues but so far it is night and day vs Red1999.

Peace.

Sort of a downward spiral of fail. Server would have been better if not for poor decisions that were made in the first years, lack of care from devs and GMs in how the decisions they took severly affected a fragile population, which led to server pop being distilled to its worst elements, which led to more lacks of fucks given by staff, on and on like that. Im kind of happy with myself that i saw this coming from miles away and didnt waste a thousand hours here farming.

Im tempted to check out that new server

Kerwin
03-23-2016, 11:49 AM
Sort of a downward spiral of fail. Server would have been better if not for poor decisions that were made in the first years, lack of care from devs and GMs in how the decisions they took severly affected a fragile population, which led to server pop being distilled to its worst elements, which led to more lacks of fucks given by staff, on and on like that.

you are like a broken record dude you always say the same thing and nothing but negative toxic shit spewing towards p99

log out and never come back cuz no one would care

Grandbeard
03-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Sort of a downward spiral of fail. Server would have been better if not for poor decisions that were made in the first years, lack of care from devs and GMs in how the decisions they took severly affected a fragile population, which led to server pop being distilled to its worst elements, which led to more lacks of fucks given by staff, on and on like that.

If you want to have fun and a lot of PvP then the new server is for you. Imagine PvP for epics, gear and all kinds of goodies. Throw in cities we can conquer, guards we can give abilities like buffs and ports and you have a winner! The best part is the server can never become super unbalanced due to the commitment to wipe it in 6 months and start the next season. Maybe in a few seasons they will do Kunark as well and bump the reset to a year. All I know is I am no longer loggin on red.

Btw no need to ask for my gear on Red cause it all sucks. :D

you are like a broken record dude you always say the same thing and nothing but negative toxic shit spewing towards p99

LOL it is exactly that spirit that is driving Red into the sewer. The man only speaks the truth but u can't seem to handle it.

tedsternator
03-23-2016, 11:54 AM
My crew of 5 dropped due to discord excitement burnout. I know 2 or 3 other semi-regular red players who did the same. If the point of the discord hype was to troll us off the server it's worked pretty well.

Nothing worse for a box than massive hype followed by absolute silence.

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 11:57 AM

Im obviously having a little fun meta-pvping all the toxic vets who made it their goal in life to turn this server into a shithole. Most of the new folks can see exactly what im talking about, like how this new fish grandbeard just summed up what anyone with half a brain can analyze from the situation on red.

Kerwin
03-23-2016, 12:00 PM
server is changing there is a 2nd guild that is doing well gaining new members everyday and have a good chance at competing empire

just because there is only 50 people on at 10 am on a workday doesnt mean server is dead

sorry no one wants you in their guild tho, have fun on new shit box that people can use mq2 on that will die soon

Bionic
03-23-2016, 12:03 PM
At worst - It's dead.

At best - It's a rather empty ghost town of a server where even the best of efforts to acquire gains is going to be, for all intents and purposes, pointless.

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 12:08 PM
sorry no one wants you in their guild tho, have fun on new shit box that people can use mq2 on that will die soon

After reading what ive just posted, you came to the conclusion that saying that no one wants me on their dying low pop server guild with a high percentage of toxic people like you is somehow going to irritate me. Ok.

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 12:15 PM
If you want to have fun and a lot of PvP then the new server is for you. Imagine PvP for epics, gear and all kinds of goodies. Throw in cities we can conquer, guards we can give abilities like buffs and ports and you have a winner! The best part is the server can never become super unbalanced due to the commitment to wipe it in 6 months and start the next season. Maybe in a few seasons they will do Kunark as well and bump the reset to a year. All I know is I am no longer loggin on red.

EQ is an old game, this is the sort of revamp it needs, nostalgia isnt going to retain people forever. Ive suggested a couple of times here some kind of eve online / EQ hybrid mod for EQ servers, glad someone came up with something similar. Maybe after a few seasons someone can come up with a permanent, holdings server. Or MMO devs could stop sucking so bad and come up with a contemporary version of this with a brand new game.

Spyder73
03-23-2016, 12:18 PM
The tears of Red make my junk stiffen. I am fully aroused by this thread

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 12:22 PM
The tears of Red make my junk stiffen. I am fully aroused by this thread

Do you mean the tears of denial "Please stop saying red is dead" coming from toxic vets who invested so much time on their ghost town server that is going nowhere? Who were too stupid to understand and anticipate the consequences of their actions?

Cuz im enjoying those as well.

Uuruk
03-23-2016, 12:23 PM
server is changing there is a 2nd guild that is doing well gaining new members everyday and have a good chance at competing empire

just because there is only 50 people on at 10 am on a workday doesnt mean server is dead

Hey guys come join the second guild! Who the fuck wants to farm HoT and the same kunark Dragons they were killing 5 years ago?

Enjoy that trash can server and I'm waiting for your next quitting post.

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Hey guys come join the second guild! Who the fuck wants to farm HoT and the same kunark Dragons they were killing 5 years ago?

Ouch.

Ragnaros
03-23-2016, 12:37 PM

Yikes you sound a bit mad bud. Stole Golems from Empire 3x in a row All contested.
Will be fighting for other mobs too, sorry you instantly joined a guild that was on top farming uncontested then got kicked for being a retard, now you spam the forums all day crying.

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 12:56 PM
Yikes you sound a bit mad bud. Stole Golems from Empire 3x in a row All contested.
Will be fighting for other mobs too, sorry you instantly joined a guild that was on top farming uncontested then got kicked for being a retard, now you spam the forums all day crying.

Ouch.

Tassador
03-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Red was so good when ecoli cried his way out the box. Love the toxic nature of the true red players and the constant whining of the superficial blue lackeys. Nizzar grieffed ecoli so hard kid still crying 3 years later.

Pras the duke!

Uuruk
03-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Can't wait to log on tonight and kill the same golems that have been around for 5 years. How long until you sell June?

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 01:50 PM
Red was so good when ecoli cried his way out the box. Love the toxic nature of the true red players and the constant whining of the superficial blue lackeys. Nizzar grieffed ecoli so hard kid still crying 3 years later.

Pras the duke!

Youre trolling yourself, son. You cant hide that ugly side of you from yourself like you do with internet anonymity. Its gonna catch up sooner or later.

iruinedyourday
03-23-2016, 01:50 PM
red may be dead but the 7 pages of posts makes me think the people that formerly kept her alive have some pretty serious problems IRL

Gzaz
03-23-2016, 02:06 PM
red may be dead but the 7 pages of posts makes me think the people that formerly kept her alive have some pretty serious problems IRL

The fact you post on a game you don't play makes you worse

Tassador
03-23-2016, 02:07 PM
Youre trolling yourself, son. You cant hide that ugly side of you from yourself like you do with internet anonymity. Its gonna catch up sooner or later.

Pras nizzar!

Ragnaros
03-23-2016, 02:08 PM
Can't wait to log on tonight and kill the same golems that have been around for 5 years. How long until you sell June?

Sorry but Golems and Draco currently drop the best items in the game, AoNs and Shawls
You also clearly dont enjoy this game and have never experienced playing it as the underdog, its alot more enjoyable when everyone plays a part

Drakaris
03-23-2016, 02:15 PM
The things that empire did to ensure #1 place prior to velious going live was probably the most damaging thing for the server pop. When nihilum was disbanded by derupal the pop took a hit but slowly crept back up with GM support and the initial toppling of azrael. Unfortunately power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, I saw people which I considered decent human beings at one point resort to cheap ass tactics, account stripping, training and other blatant underhand tactics that break server rules and undermine the community while the people who had the power to do something about this behaviour turned a blind eye.

You reap what you sow. I vividly remember when there was literally 3 huge guilds that fielded 80+ with Good Guys, TMO and Empire were at a peak and server pop was breaking 300 prior to velious. When velious dropped and red couldn't break 450 with a head start on blue I knew this place would be dead again in a few months.

So here we are.

Uuruk
03-23-2016, 02:19 PM
The things that empire did to ensure #1 place prior to velious going live was probably the most damaging thing for the server pop. When nihilum was disbanded by derupal the pop took a hit but slowly crept back up with GM support and the initial toppling of azrael. Unfortunately power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, I saw people which I considered decent human beings at one point resort to cheap ass tactics, account stripping, training and other blatant underhand tactics that break server rules and undermine the community while the people who had the power to do something about this behaviour turned a blind eye.

You reap what you sow. I vividly remember when there was literally 3 huge guilds that fielded 80+ with Good Guys, TMO and Empire were at a peak and server pop was breaking 300 prior to velious. When velious dropped and red couldn't break 450 with a head start on blue I knew this place would be dead again in a few months.

So here we are.

http://i.imgur.com/ugElEgU.jpg

Uuruk
03-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Sorry but Golems and Draco currently drop the best items in the game, AoNs and Shawls
You also clearly dont enjoy this game and have never experienced playing it as the underdog, its alot more enjoyable when everyone plays a part

Only caring about AoNs and shawls is a sure way to make sure you will never be more than a HoT/Kunark dragon guild.

Enjoy being #2 the rest of your life gweny

iruinedyourday
The fact you post on a game you don't play makes you worse

The fact that your life fell apart becuse of a game that you do play is worser than worse.

Qtip

Game is 17 years old. So 5 years ago you were still killing 12 year old content. What the fuck is your point?

Drakaris
03-23-2016, 02:26 PM
A static server allows you to focus on building a community since the game isn't an expansion treadmill where every elitist is killing the next harder dragon for better gear. Food for thought.

Doctor Jeff
03-23-2016, 02:27 PM

C) The PvE grind towards gear seems far more tedious tha.....

I joined this server about a year and 3 months ago and I have 13 level 60s, 5 of which have epics and I have always been in the leveling or underdog guilds. I have never kissed a butt.
Everquest is a progression based game. You put in your time and you get your rewards. If that's not what you want from a game, I don't know why you are on this forum.

Ragnaros
03-23-2016, 02:31 PM
Only caring about AoNs and shawls is a sure way to make sure you will never be more than a HoT/Kunark dragon guild.

Enjoy being #2 the rest of your life gweny

You clearly know nothing about running a guild hence why you joined the top guild the second you were on this box. Dedicating an hour every 3 days to get people epic pieces, aons, shawls, puppet strings, and other good shit is probably the best thing you could do. That zone is a pixel pinata and requires minimal time considering you can kite everything and not have to clear a single mob.

Uuruk
03-23-2016, 02:32 PM
I joined this server about a year and 3 months ago and I have 13 level 60s, 5 of which have epics and I have always been in the leveling or underdog guilds. I have never kissed a butt.
Everquest is a progression based game. You put in your time and you get your rewards. If that's not what you want from a game, I don't know why you are on this forum.

Congratulations, you put 1000s of hours into a dead server.

Doctor Jeff
03-23-2016, 02:36 PM
Congratulations, you put 1000s of hours into having a fun hobby.

FTFY.

You should try doing something you enjoy for a change.

Doctor Jeff
03-23-2016, 02:36 PM
I think I sold Dr jeff 2 copies of call of hero for 50k each (what a sucker)

Glad I stole those from someone's acct

all three of my mages are 49

iruinedyourday
03-23-2016, 02:38 PM
love red ill log in till the day i die

letsjoe
03-23-2016, 02:40 PM
i have *NEVER* died in pvp

Grandbeard
03-23-2016, 02:47 PM

I will bite ;)

I am posting because I was invited to this server from Warcraft. I played EQ way back in 1999 and thought I would give it a shot. I am glad you like your time here but for me there is nothing of value. I figured I would post why I chose not to play on this server any more, as FEEDBACK. Something some of you don't seem to comprehend.

A static server allows you to focus on building a community since the game isn't an expansion treadmill where every elitist is killing the next harder dragon for better gear. Food for thought.

Community? LOL :rolleyes:

1st of all there is not many people here and 2nd of all the knives are out all over the place with those who are here. Thunderdome is so full of "spies" who are so desperate for YT that they "spy" on a newb guild to find victims that are guarenteed to cause 0 problems or threat to the "PVPer". It is a flat out farce of PvP.

Some people simply use this server to NOT pvp but rather to raid on a "won" server and have been doing so for quite some time. Multiple posts have been made by people pointing out that this is what they do and why they are here. They can't access stuff on Blue so do it on Red without PvP at all. Frankly that is laughable for a "PVP" server.

In one hour on EQPVP today, during early morning hours, we had more YT than Red1999 had all day yesterday. YW for the Reality Check! Free of charge. ;)

Xaanka
03-23-2016, 02:47 PM
You clearly know nothing about running a guild hence why you joined the top guild the second you were on this box. Dedicating an hour every 3 days to get people epic pieces, aons, shawls, puppet strings, and other good shit is probably the best thing you could do. That zone is a pixel pinata and requires minimal time considering you can kite everything and not have to clear a single mob.

I'm gonna have to agree with Gwyneth on Fear being worth the time for a progressing guild since it's some of the easiest shots at top tier loot you can take in Velious. But Uuruk's overall message is spot on ignoring the specifics, the non empire guilds are like a bunch of poor Africans arguing over the biggest piece of bushmeat in the pot. At the end of the day it's still parasite ridden monkey brain meat. The loot that empire rots and gives to alts is better than the best items non empire players will never see. New blood isn't given a fair chance against old names, which is true in empire as well, but at least in that guild a casual player can bottom-feed high end pixels. Big reason they're always bleeding off players to Empire. I can't say anything about tempest because I've paid approximately 0% attention to that guild since you guys formed outside of a little bit of forumquest trolling. Just basing my opinion off of how the non empire side of the server's been in the past, who knows maybe it's different under the latest tag/leadership.

Uuruk
03-23-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with Gwyneth on Fear being worth the time for a progressing guild since it's some of the easiest shots at top tier loot you can take in Velious. But Uuruk's overall message is spot on ignoring the specifics, the non empire guilds are like a bunch of poor Africans arguing over the biggest piece of bushmeat in the pot. At the end of the day it's still parasite ridden monkey brain meat. The loot that empire rots and gives to alts is better than the best items non empire players will never see. New blood isn't given a fair chance against old names, which is true in empire as well, but at least in that guild a casual player can bottom-feed high end pixels.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

cronik
03-23-2016, 02:53 PM
That was some Grade A cheerleading for the validity of PoF on a velious box tho

Those puppet strings are gonna turn the tide!

Xaanka
03-23-2016, 02:57 PM
nah, but draco belts are solid for their priests & shawls are the best item they realistically have a shot at. all/all so it's realistically going to be worth farming until the end of the server.
aon's for the bloomin onions

bubur
03-23-2016, 03:00 PM
try zek

we pvp there. its cool

Sear
03-23-2016, 03:16 PM
ok everybody too many kids shit in this pool

Billy down the street (eqpvp Zek) has a way cooler pool with a waterslide

Grandbeard
03-23-2016, 03:18 PM
ok everybody too many kids shit in this pool

Billy down the street (eqpvp Zek) has a way cooler pool with a waterslide

And Bad Girls Club! ~~ Trolls in Bikinis ~~

cronik
03-23-2016, 03:22 PM
nah, but draco belts are solid for their priests & shawls are the best item they realistically have a shot at. all/all so it's realistically going to be worth farming until the end of the server.
aon's for the bloomin onions

relevant part.

Not saying the gear is worthless but the gear differential only grows larger in a night of Empire raising vs a night of anyone else.

Kudos for the golem steals I guess but it's not exactly Optimus landing on Earth in the middle of the Decepticon attack on their base.

Doctor Jeff
03-23-2016, 03:32 PM
TL;DR a lot of stuff,

Chewps: Casual Scum is just a group of friends having fun together in a video game. Nothing is mandatory. You do not have to be a neckbeard, and you do not have to be casual. Everyone gets to play the game to have fun and no one will ever type /guilddisband. These are the principles we founded the guild upon.

Whether or not this is what happened is irrelevant. We made the guild with the intention of having fun, and I am still having fun.

Try it.

Sear
03-23-2016, 03:35 PM
someone pls disband + try to make that guy's pixel life miserable

there will be no fun in the shit pool

Doctor Jeff
03-23-2016, 03:38 PM
someone pls disband + try to make that guy's pixel life miserable

there will be no fun in the shit pool
You kid, but I wouldn't be surprised if one day Gardur disbands the guild just because I told everyone he wouldn't.

cronik
03-23-2016, 03:46 PM
You kid, but I wouldn't be surprised if one day Gardur disbands the guild just because I told everyone he wouldn't.

Fun, r99 style.

iruinedyourday
03-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Red needs a level 55 cap guild so they can focus on organization and using thier superior powers laerned on blue getting FTE instead of playing the smedy vs holocost game

Qtip
03-23-2016, 04:16 PM
I will bite ;)

I am posting because I was invited to this server from Warcraft. I played EQ way back in 1999 and thought I would give it a shot. I am glad you like your time here but for me there is nothing of value. I figured I would post why I chose not to play on this server any more, as FEEDBACK. Something some of you don't seem to comprehend.

Community? LOL :rolleyes:

1st of all there is not many people here and 2nd of all the knives are out all over the place with those who are here. Thunderdome is so full of "spies" who are so desperate for YT that they "spy" on a newb guild to find victims that are guarenteed to cause 0 problems or threat to the "PVPer". It is a flat out farce of PvP.

Some people simply use this server to NOT pvp but rather to raid on a "won" server and have been doing so for quite some time. Multiple posts have been made by people pointing out that this is what they do and why they are here. They can't access stuff on Blue so do it on Red without PvP at all. Frankly that is laughable for a "PVP" server.

In one hour on EQPVP today, during early morning hours, we had more YT than Red1999 had all day yesterday. YW for the Reality Check! Free of charge. ;)

LOL.
1) EQPVP has a lower population, even with people 2 and 3 boxing.
2) You will see more pvp in one hour because you have everyone starting out in the same areas, around the same levels. You also have alot less zones with classic then on red99.

Once people have tried it and a wipe happens it will go back to a 30 pop server with 12 people playing. Or rogean will release a teams server and crush that server over night. Anyway enjoy.

iruinedyourday
03-23-2016, 04:22 PM
Or rogean will release a teams server and crush that server over night. Anyway enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/3Guqy2a.gif

Colgate
03-23-2016, 05:09 PM
yea let's use an example that is within the realm of possible reality tho

ur in some mystical fantasy where rogean gives a fuck

Gardur
03-23-2016, 05:21 PM

Nahhhh

CS will always be here. Right now all my pals are on zek so I am as well. We have a real good time but if/when that server goes to shit we'll be back.

Tallboys NOT crootin

dis_mornin
03-23-2016, 05:32 PM
Nahhhh

CS will always be here. Right now all my pals are on zek so I am as well. We have a real good time but if/when that server goes to shit we'll be back.

Tallboys NOT crootin

Go evil. Dava Donkeys ready to dunk Tallboys

Old_PVP
03-23-2016, 05:54 PM
PVP servers have ALWAYS consisted of roughly 10% of the playerbase... even back in 1999 and throughout all of live EQ. Blue server is ~1000, Red server is ~100? Looks to be exactly where it should be, and historically accurate.

That said, there are several non-classic game mechanics that do not help Red99's cause which I am sure has detracted some of the pop. But as is also historically accurate...GMs could care less about the red headed stepchild that is a PVP server...be it called Rallos, Sullon, or Red99.

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 06:23 PM
PVP servers have ALWAYS consisted of roughly 10% of the playerbase... even back in 1999 and throughout all of live EQ. Blue server is ~1000, Red server is ~100? Looks to be exactly where it should be, and historically accurate.

That said, there are several non-classic game mechanics that do not help Red99's cause which I am sure has detracted some of the pop. But as is also historically accurate...GMs could care less about the red headed stepchild that is a PVP server...be it called Rallos, Sullon, or Red99.

Still, Red had a 600 pop before they fucked it up, i dont care to type how they did it, that horse is soup.

Sear
03-23-2016, 06:34 PM

Yeah, no.

Try ~50-75%

TZ and VZ had 1000+ online consistently.

Lake of Ill Omen with 100+ players in the zone. GFay had 200+ sometimes.

probably more pvp within half an hour of being level 6 than you'll get in 200 hours of your lonely blue grind journey here

Old_PVP
03-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Yeah, no.

Try ~50-75%

TZ and VZ had 1000+ online consistently.

Lake of Ill Omen with 100+ players in the zone. GFay had 200+ sometimes.

probably more pvp within half an hour of being level 6 than you'll get in 200 hours of your lonely blue grind journey here

No, Yes.

We are talking total playerbase percentages here. EverQuest in it's prime had 40ish servers. Only 4 were PVP (Rallos, Sullon, Tallon, Vallon). Only 10% of the servers were PVP, the end.

But let's go one step further. Every single PVP server, without fail, had lower population on average then their blue server counterparts. Which means it is safe to assume... that the actual playerbase that consistently played on past PVP servers was actually lower than 10% of the total population playing EQ at the time.

Beastagoog
03-23-2016, 07:24 PM
Anyone remember when you could view the pop of the severs as you logged in?

Sear
03-23-2016, 08:13 PM
No, Yes.

We are talking total playerbase percentages here. EverQuest in it's prime had 40ish servers. Only 4 were PVP (Rallos, Sullon, Tallon, Vallon). Only 10% of the servers were PVP, the end.

But let's go one step further. Every single PVP server, without fail, had lower population on average then their blue server counterparts. Which means it is safe to assume... that the actual playerbase that consistently played on past PVP servers was actually lower than 10% of the total population playing EQ at the time.

Ok. I agree. I thought you were comparing the pop of a classic-era red server to a blue one, not the overall % of the playerbase.

My point was there was never a live server that housed <300 players, because the game isn't designed for that.

Running one of these boxes is thankless shitty work and I'm sure even this toxic little community appreciates the fact that the server even exists, but I've never understood why a guy that played on blue (who doesn't like pvp) would even bother.

cronik
03-23-2016, 10:56 PM
The Zek servers were a brilliant move by SoE. It shoved every problem child into one area and gave them rule sets that required minimal GM intervention. The move was so amazing that UO replicated it by opening Siege Perilous.

Suddenly all the blue and trammel shards are running smooth as silk and the asshole community is happily abusing the hell out of each other on their red servers.

I still don't get what would make someone want to run a red server tho. Like this place... It's a total cesspool full of socially stunted life-fails; who would want to take this on, and who could last more than a year or two at it?

Xaanka
03-23-2016, 11:07 PM
Still, Red had a 600 pop before they fucked it up, i dont care to type how they did it, that horse is soup.

really the playerbase is why the population died, not the staff or velious or 3 years of kunark or anything like that.

just look at who plays still. we're all assholes even to each other. new players don't last long on red.

there's been months during kunark where i crooted more new players to the server than the current server pop, and only like 2 of them still play.

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 11:45 PM
really the playerbase is why the population died, not the staff or velious or 3 years of kunark or anything like that.

just look at who plays still. we're all assholes even to each other. new players don't last long on red.

there's been months during kunark where i crooted more new players to the server than the current server pop, and only like 2 of them still play.

Were you there? We had to harass the staff for a year+ me and like 2 other guys to drop xp loss in pvp, we were the minority, everyone else was telling us to shut up because we were "blue" basically because they were having fun crushing random casuals 10v3 and griefing em off the server. We were party pooping on that.

Rogean and Sirken laughed at us like "This isnt call of duty" until the server hit single digit pop at off hours. They changed it then but it was too late. Its their fault really. I clearly remember some guy on the forums during the first launch weeks going "lol? come kunark some zerg is just going to farm dragons uncontested for months?". We fucking gave em the solution on a silver platter and they chose to ignore it. It was so easy to anticipate what was gonna happen, they dropped the ball. Everything was downhill from there, the xp nerf fiasco "Pops gotta down before its gonna go up". Sirken was smoking crack. Most of the problems stem from that era. Theres only so much potential pop for an EQ emu and all the bad mistakes cut loose alot of people who were burned and never came back.

The worst aspects of the box were allowed to flourish because of bad dev decisions. Thats my point, the server is asshole heavy because they were allowed that griefy, zerg-wins-all playing field for so long that no other kind of crew was allowed breathing room to get settled. When Nihilum came in, it was low pop from then on and you just didnt have the healthy pop needed for multiple serious outfit to get settled. Smaller crews werent allowed to stop that zerging dynamic because lol this isnt call of duty. It made for a boring as fuck experience compared to Rallos. That server culture of lowest path of resistance to join the zerg du jour gelled and that was that. Nothing else than Empilicaust is ever going to come out of red.

Its just a perfect storm of failure where every individual bad factors of the server pulls it toward a downward spiral of fail. The decision to not put in item loot which makes for invincible twinks and no economy is part of those bad individual factors.

Xaanka
03-23-2016, 11:51 PM
Were you there? We had to harass the staff for a year+ me and like 2 other guys to drop xp loss in pvp, we were the minority, everyone else was telling us to shut up because we were "blue" basically because they were having fun crushing random casuals 10v3 and griefing em off the server. We were party pooping on that.

Rogean and Sirken laughed at us like "This isnt call of duty" until the server hit single digit pop at off hours. They changed it then but it was too late. Its their fault really. I clearly remember some guy on the forums during the first launch weeks going "lol? come kunark some zerg is just going to farm dragons uncontested for months?". We fucking gave em the solution on a silver platter and they chose to ignore it. It was so easy to anticipate what was gonna happen, they dropped the ball. Everything was downhill from there, the xp nerf fiasco "Pops gotta down before its gonna go up". Sirken was smoking crack. Most of the problems stem from that era. Theres only so much potential pop for an EQ emu and all the bad mistakes cut loose alot of people who were burned and never came back.

The worst aspects of the box were allowed to flourish because of bad dev decisions. Thats my point, the server is asshole heavy because they were allowed that griefy, zerg-wins-all playing field for so long that no other kind of crew was allowed breathing room to get settled. When Nihilum came in, it was low pop from then on and you just didnt have the healthy pop needed for multiple serious outfit to get settled. Smaller crews werent allowed to stop that zerging dynamic because lol this isnt call of duty. It made for a boring as fuck experience compared to Rallos. That server culture of lowest path of resistance to join the zerg du jour gelled and that was that. Nothing else than Empilicaust is ever going to come out of red.

Its just a perfect storm of failure where every individual bad factors of the server pulls it toward a downward spiral of fail. The decision to not put in item loot which makes for invincible twinks and no economy is part of those bad individual factors.

oh yeah I agree that the staff have fucked the server up in the past, I'm more talking about after all of that when server hit peak pop and the community shit all over it running every new player off the box. you could say the damage was done beforehand and be right, but the server had a second chance and we blew it. by we i mean everyone. staff fucked it up by banning blue xfers around the same time, killing off any hope of an influx of new players and more or less hammering the last nails in the coffin we built for ourselves.

Tradesonred
03-23-2016, 11:56 PM
oh yeah I agree that the staff have fucked the server up in the past, I'm more talking about after all of that when server hit peak pop and the community shit all over it running every new player off the box. you could say the damage was done beforehand and be right, but the server had a second chance and we blew it. by we i mean everyone.

Yeah by that point the assholes were crushingly dominant and they just did what they did but in an alternate universe where devs listened, theres an 800+ player red server where maybe things turned out different.

Xaanka
03-23-2016, 11:57 PM
totally agree w/ that sentiment. staff fucked up a lot. we're kind of responsible for the staff not giving a shit about us ex: griefing off every guide they train for red.

edit: which led to deru being forced into doing CSR for red, subsequently driving the staff voice of the red server insane & off the box forever

cronik
03-24-2016, 12:02 AM
I've noticed the same on pretty much every UO and EQ private server. The devs that are active enough to run a successful pvp server tend to cater to the hardest of core players. They talk to and get feedback from their poopsockers, and think those guys know what's best for the server.

The flaw in that is it has no place for new players. Poopsockers are already established, have guilds, and aren't interested in making it easier than what they had, which is a fallacy since when they were leveling they didn't get griefed by twinks. So new players have tons of obstacles to overcome and have to do it in a toxic environment where the establishment is deaf to their feedback.

There's so much content you're often locked out of as a new player that it's hard to invest the kind of grinding these old school style games demand. Yes, you can try to join the dominant guilds on the server and suckle at their teats, but that goes against why most of us are interested in red servers to begin with.

We're interested in rolling with some of our bros, having a shot at decent loot, and being fairly competitive gear-wise with the rest of the server. We're not interested in fucking DKP or giant assed Zerg guilds... That's bluebie shit... Fuck off with that noise.

cronik
03-24-2016, 12:05 AM
Of course all that being said, I couldn't imagine any box running successfully for years once it hits velious/Luclin.

Other option is keep it kunark/classic and eventually that'll run its course too.

So the "successful" servers like this one cater to their poopsockers. You might not get NEW players but the old ones will stick around longer.

iruinedyourday
03-24-2016, 12:25 AM
idk, I think red is working as designed by the great brad MQ.. I mean compared to live blue servers, the red servers had the same % of players and low pop.. its just that there were 100,00 players, so that small number was up to like 2-5k..

Here its 130 out of 1300 online players? thats not bad.

A lot of players are just afraid of the hardcoreness that is red

I hope the recycle server is teams, and after it resets you can transfer characters to red or blue.. I think that will slowly turn a lot of our population over to red.. I think that a lot of folks here intend to play on these servers, indefinitely.. unless rogan and nil rage out and shut them down, but I can see them keeping them up indefinitely.

That means one day, red server, will have a solid 1k pop.... one day.

But for now, we just have to settle with our small #'s and superior playstyle skill and knowledge of the game /flexred

cronik
03-24-2016, 02:38 AM
Dude this server is never ever ever gonna be 1k. Ever. No server in the history of ever has ever recovered after getting to this state.

It's dying. How long it stays where it is depends on how hardcore the core is, but ultimately what most of us like is fresh starts/server launches. It's why talk of discord got so many jazzed up, and ultimately let down. Also why so many from here are playing magebox.

Some other server might come out that's just perfect(unlikely), but no way is it this one. Every pixel you earn here will only be useable on the people already around you, or their alts. If you're hoping that you can gear up and eventually have a leg up on, well, anyone, then you better be in Empire and you better hope they don't actually wake the sleeper.

Bazia
03-24-2016, 05:59 AM
me chinese

me play joke

me go pee pee in ur coke

magician
03-24-2016, 09:41 AM
need someone to release a server that has like 4 small zones with pvp enabled. once you zone in you can't zone out. good luck and god bless.

dis_mornin
03-24-2016, 09:48 AM
need someone to release a server that has like 4 small zones with pvp enabled. once you zone in you can't zone out. good luck and god bless.

99% sure that's exactly what Zek is

magician
03-24-2016, 09:54 AM
lmao? not even close. nice try tho kid

dis_mornin
03-24-2016, 09:55 AM
lmao? not even close. nice try tho kid

Have fun at raids next week kid. Glgb

Jazzy
03-24-2016, 10:46 AM
The gfay/lfay/cb fights yesterday were fucking A*

magician
03-24-2016, 11:00 AM

raids in division will be out yes. so yes I will be having fun

snufzaimoverlord
03-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Red Server is boring/dead.

fiegi 8.0
03-24-2016, 01:05 PM

Nice try kid fuxk odd back to blue

magician
03-24-2016, 01:24 PM
chuck u back on the bottle+pills?

snufzaimoverlord
03-24-2016, 01:25 PM
Haven't seen much of Chuck this last week I'm getting kinda worried.

Dango
03-24-2016, 01:25 PM
Empire made the server the way it is.. I find it hilarious they now have to deal with it. No one wanted to listen to me, I told em that it was going go this way if they refused to change their ways. It happens.

syztem
03-24-2016, 01:31 PM
Same shit was said about Nihilum during their existence, Fact empire doesn't make the server the way it is. The project makes it the way it is.

Seltius
03-24-2016, 01:51 PM
Red will never die.

Stasis01
03-24-2016, 01:52 PM
Yeah might just be the box, guild progression PVE server.

You played it, time to call it quits or just keep doing it for years like a sick fuck like Nizzar.

You won EQ, congratulation and GL on your next gaming adventure.

Stasis01
03-24-2016, 01:56 PM
Gotta disagree with you, big dawg. There will always be a zerg doing the very same thing. If it wasn't Nihilum or Empire, it would be some other crew whose primary goal is PVE. Which is perfectly fine..

The problem with this box was 2 years of Kunark and static spawns which drove everyone away. If we would have had Sim pops during Kunark, or Velious would have dropped a year earlier, this server would have been in a great state. Zergs or not.

Wrong, the box just needs to purge the grief mentality type players and fill up more with respectful PVE minded players like blue focused on guild progression.

It can come back, Velious/Kunark can sustain multiple guilds progressing, especially if they don't feel the need to play Empire/Nihi hours in some rush to get nowhere.

I would say I am a griefer, but I can adapt for the good of the box.

snufzaimoverlord
03-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Wrong, the box just needs to purge the grief mentality type players and fill up more with respectful PVE minded players like blue focused on guild progression.

It can come back, Velious/Kunark can sustain multiple guilds progressing, especially if they don't feel the need to play Empire/Nihi hours in some rush to get nowhere.

I would say I am a griefer, but I can adapt for the good of the box.

LOL my new friends are better then my old friends are better then my old old friends are better then my old old old friends.

Guido
03-24-2016, 02:07 PM
Red will never die.

what is dead may never die.

#GameofThronesreference

Guido
03-24-2016, 02:10 PM
LOL my new friends are better then my old friends are better then my old old friends are better then my old old old friends.

I love my new friends.

cronik
03-24-2016, 02:11 PM
How old are you? Such a naive statement. 0 understanding of basic physiology. I don't know in what world you think people are going to operate any differently.

There will always be a retard out there trying to compensate for something, who will feel the need to recruit the whole box to feel control. Just like there will be people out to prove a point about how badass they are, who will take pvp too seriously.

^

syztem
03-24-2016, 02:21 PM
Stasis I am unsure if you are actually aware of Empire's raid schedule or how lax it is to raid inside the guild compared to nihilum, or any guild really. Nihilum was constant shit at random hours every day almost. Empire raids 3 nights a week 7-9pm usually 1-2 of the nights and sometimes the full ntov clear might push to 1030pm if was a wipe or something. Those hours are not hard to make at all even once a week.

Stasis01
03-24-2016, 02:32 PM

Sorry my comment wasn't about me or Tempest/Empire at all, and I actually didn't mean it as a shot, just that if the mentality of the box and goal is having fun, PVEing and chill PVP there's definitely not any content limitations like Kunark had.

I think it's possible now call me crazy or w/e just shoot the retards that have plagued this box into the abyss like live did unless they adapt.

Guilds can control this shit I know it's hypocritical given some shit I did years ago but why not make this place decent?

Tassador
03-24-2016, 02:34 PM
Mental patients.

Stasis01
03-24-2016, 02:34 PM
PS I haven't seen any grief from Empire since coming back, people let us LNS don't go too hard on chasing us around and I think it's cool peace.

cronik
03-24-2016, 02:35 PM
Mental patients.

I'm no physiologist, but I think some people around here have issues.

Stasis01
03-24-2016, 02:36 PM
Also my Nihi/Empire comparison is just pointing out the effects of one group of players dedicating their lives to taking everything, which really Empire has been going pretty hard there's lots up, but if you want to you can go even harder to try and grief other guilds.

Triple rage post sorry

fiegi 8.0
03-24-2016, 02:52 PM
chuck u back on the bottle+pills?

Haven't seen much of Chuck this last week I'm getting kinda worried.

I'll yuck it up in ts tonight, I promise.

FAPhoenix
03-24-2016, 02:54 PM
At the end of the day two boxes with two different concepts. On R99 PvP matters. It has ramifications on everything you do in the game. EQPVP is about good even PvP, but without consequence.

It's a preference, but I will always prefer fighting for something that matters, even if we lose. The best part of Tempest was taking on the love of PvP from Friends/Az without the unofficial don't take a YT' mentality. I've gone 1 on 80 knowing I would die but just hoping to disrupt the raid enough for them to wipe.

It's better than ever because the PvP is about the outcome - can you take the mob by force. Hopefully Tempest can grow to compete more, and ideally CS too.

magician
03-24-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm no physiologist but I think Lites brain may have far to few brain cells

Nirgon
03-24-2016, 03:14 PM
his brain gave away those cells on purpose

shame he's so retarded now o well it was never a real brain anyway

Seltius
03-24-2016, 03:16 PM
what is dead may never die.

#GameofThronesreference

*thumb up* Good reference

Colgate
03-24-2016, 03:23 PM
box is the way it is because rogean stopped giving a shit in november 2011 when the server launched

Kergan
03-24-2016, 03:25 PM
It isn't the people, or the server, or the staff. It isn't the static spawns or the release dates of content.

It is the fundamental design elements of EverQuest. What happened on R99 has happened on every server in the history of EverQuest regardless if its on EQ Live or a classic emulator. Regardless of ruleset. Regardless of progression servers that release content quickly or servers like Al Kabor or here that were/are frozen in time.

When your end game content consists of contested open world bosses that do not scale in difficulty and the only limiting factor on how many people you can bring is the server hardware you will get this. Every single time.

Nirgon
03-24-2016, 03:27 PM
box is the way it is because rogean stopped giving a shit in november 2011 when the server launched

no its terrible because derubael banned nizzar remember

or because empire recruited new players, probably both

Kringe
03-24-2016, 03:36 PM
no its terrible because derubael banned nizzar remember

or because empire recruited new players, probably both

Miss my pal Nirgon.

iruinedyourday
03-24-2016, 03:39 PM
It isn't the people, or the server, or the staff. It isn't the static spawns or the release dates of content.

It is the fundamental design elements of EverQuest. What happened on R99 has happened on every server in the history of EverQuest regardless if its on EQ Live or a classic emulator. Regardless of ruleset. Regardless of progression servers that release content quickly or servers like Al Kabor or here that were/are frozen in time.

When your end game content consists of contested open world bosses that do not scale in difficulty and the only limiting factor on how many people you can bring is the server hardware you will get this. Every single time.

is there any MMO that made competitive raiding/gearing/progression AND pvp a balanced thing?

krazyGlue
03-24-2016, 03:42 PM
is there any MMO that made competitive raiding/gearing/progression AND pvp a balanced thing?

Wow

Kergan
03-24-2016, 03:44 PM

Shadowbane, Darkfall, DAoC, EVE and many more all had/have very strong PVP elements. EQ didn't even beta test PVP.

Nirgon
03-24-2016, 03:46 PM
Miss my pal Nirgon.

yowl griefing Lil Jibbie :)

cronik
03-24-2016, 03:49 PM
Expansions break pvp eventually. No matter how balanced it starts (which usually isn't much and favors casters), within a few expansions itemization favors tanks and suddenly they're unstoppable powerhouses.

Yea there were some games with pvp focuses but even those had horrible imbas. Or downright stupid shit like daoc with area mezzes and shadowbane with sb.exe, the OP killer of all.

iruinedyourday
03-24-2016, 03:51 PM
Wow

how does wow do it, instanced raiding?

Sear
03-24-2016, 03:55 PM
You guys are judging this based on the perspective of a hardcore player who is already level 60 and gives a shit about raiding. Those aren't the type of players this server has ever lacked.

Most of my pals who tried playing here peaced out before ever hitting 60. I made it to 56 before I said fuck it during Kunark. Despite being "casual", that was still a 200+ hour commitment.

Which would be fine if there were actually other players around low/mid-level zones, but it's mostly a ghost town. The FFA ruleset makes it worse because when you do run into players, you don't want to kill your chances of getting the group exp bonus. So there's no pvp unless you want to be the guy that attacks them for 5 minutes of fun, at the price of having to spend an extra 50 hours grinding levels by yourself.

This is a completely and utterly different experience than a classic Zek server, where I had hundreds of pvp kills under my belt before I even hit level 30. I didn't have to guess whether I should attack players because attacking light team players was automatic. You fought for zone control even in the mid-level zones and it actually mattered. You could stop at level 20 or level 30 and spent all day fighting other players.

You can't even do that at 60 here. Everyone is lumped into one of two guilds and moves as a 30-man bard speed hivemind to raid targets. That ends up being a two hour Mexican standoff before a clusterfuck of assist-training and abusing clickies that you've been hoarding for this few minutes of shitty pvp. Does anyone actually prefer that hot garbage over the small skirmish world pvp that was far more common on live?

magician
03-24-2016, 03:55 PM
the only thing I took away from this thread is that empire won box, and lite has a low brain cell count

Fame
03-24-2016, 04:45 PM
a 30-man bard speed hivemind to raid targets.

http://i.imgur.com/gIqYmzI.gif

Tradesonred
03-24-2016, 09:06 PM
You guys are judging this based on the perspective of a hardcore player who is already level 60 and gives a shit about raiding. Those aren't the type of players this server has ever lacked.

Most of my pals who tried playing here peaced out before ever hitting 60. I made it to 56 before I said fuck it during Kunark. Despite being "casual", that was still a 200+ hour commitment.

Which would be fine if there were actually other players around low/mid-level zones, but it's mostly a ghost town. The FFA ruleset makes it worse because when you do run into players, you don't want to kill your chances of getting the group exp bonus. So there's no pvp unless you want to be the guy that attacks them for 5 minutes of fun, at the price of having to spend an extra 50 hours grinding levels by yourself.

This is a completely and utterly different experience than a classic Zek server, where I had hundreds of pvp kills under my belt before I even hit level 30. I didn't have to guess whether I should attack players because attacking light team players was automatic. You fought for zone control even in the mid-level zones and it actually mattered. You could stop at level 20 or level 30 and spent all day fighting other players.

You can't even do that at 60 here. Everyone is lumped into one of two guilds and moves as a 30-man bard speed hivemind to raid targets. That ends up being a two hour Mexican standoff before a clusterfuck of assist-training and abusing clickies that you've been hoarding for this few minutes of shitty pvp. Does anyone actually prefer that hot garbage over the small skirmish world pvp that was far more common on live?

Nothing was preventing Red99 from having the same dynamic that was present on Rallos. Though Rallos was anti-pk heavy and pretty sure things would have been different on Red, the thing that mattered in the end, the core component missing is that it had a healthy pop. Thats where the staff failed. They should have reacted quickly, thought out the situation and cut the grass under the foot of holocaust who were xp loss bleeding out the population with their griefy zerg at lightning speed. They didnt even react when Nihilum was dominating fear, finishing the pop bleedout though the reason of the bleedout was explained in and out (nobody wanted to go in and eat xp death with slim odds vs a zerg, it made for a boring pvp experience where no one tries, that was making people quit). Only when the server hit 9 players on at off hours did they finally react. It took months and months for pop to recover after that, and then Benny Hill.mp3 "Population's gotta go down before its going to go up" and population died again. All this creates a lack of confidence with staff, an impression that 0 care and thought is given to not disrupt a fragile pop anymore than it already had been, which leads to more people leaving on top of the things that made people quit in the first place, like nerfing xp on a low pop box. Whats left is the people who thinks its funny everyone's quitting.

No item loot was sort of set in and it hurt the server, but it could have ended up at least not being a giant shit show.

Samsung
03-24-2016, 09:12 PM
Tldr lol

Tradesonred
03-24-2016, 09:13 PM
Yeah my daddy can beat your daddy lololol

Sirban
03-24-2016, 09:33 PM
More players online on Zek, than R99.

Nuff said!

BardPop
03-24-2016, 11:04 PM
Nobody is going to stop you if you spend some time pvping before you level. If you decided you wanted to sit in cb or whatever and pk people as a lowbie it's easily possible.

JayDee
03-25-2016, 02:37 AM
allow naked blue to red /copy and I'm in

HippoNipple
03-25-2016, 04:18 AM
allow naked blue to red /copy and I'm in

No one cares.

JayDee
03-25-2016, 06:59 PM
No one cares.

about red

Holey
03-25-2016, 08:19 PM
cant believe i just read this troll post. LOL.

I miss my nilly/empire pals.

Grandbeard
03-25-2016, 09:32 PM
LOL.
1) EQPVP has a lower population, even with people 2 and 3 boxing.
2) You will see more pvp in one hour because you have everyone starting out in the same areas, around the same levels. You also have alot less zones with classic then on red99.

Once people have tried it and a wipe happens it will go back to a 30 pop server with 12 people playing. Or rogean will release a teams server and crush that server over night. Anyway enjoy.

Most people I know playing Zek heard about the server less than a week before launch, including me. I think the wipe in 6 months will actually increase the # of people interested due to the ability to start fresh.

There is more PvP than Red because red is mostly full of nut cuppers who desperately cling to their pixil advantages and twinks to convince them they are actually good at pvp. When anything is presented that shows even a slight threat, most of these nut cuppers run and slam vs taking a YT. It is a laughable state of affairs.

A great example is that Ohhnoo moron who jumps into Mistmoore with all his twink gear, runs down to GY and proceeds to attack players fighting multiple mobs. Once he could not easily gank and started taking damage, he books it to zone in and plugs. Logs back in 15 min later and trains the group hardcore then proceeds to go back up top and KS mobs that OOR lowbie players are killing at entrance. Real Pvp :rolleyes:

The rest are people who don't even pvp which makes the server even more laughable. To call Red1999 a PvP server is to mislead people about what this dead server really is. A place for bitter trolls to troll anyone dumb enough to roll on this server. ;)

Grandbeard
03-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Shadowbane, Darkfall, DAoC, EVE and many more all had/have very strong PVP elements. EQ didn't even beta test PVP.

Shadowbane was a pure PvP game! I don't remember raiding ever being a part of that game. The PvE elements were basic for the most part. It still angers me to this day that Wolfpack studios did not take an extra 6 months to fix the bugs in that game b4 launch and to secure proper login servers.

That is why Zek is looking so damn good. We can control cities and improve guards etc.

Videri
03-26-2016, 02:18 AM
I keep logging in on Red99 and raiding with 20-40 friends and PvPing against 20-40 <Empire>. I'm leveling up another character or two (after my level 60 bard and cleric), helping guildmates with epics and various mobs, and experiencing new raids. When I'm on at primetime, I usually find people to level with here and there (but not always). When I am on at 4am, I can free-farm whatever I want. Maybe I'm missing something, but things seem alright to me!

I think the key to having fun is making friends. I think Teamspeak is vital to friendships on such a small server.

Colgate
03-26-2016, 03:19 AM
did not read

Uuruk
03-26-2016, 03:23 AM
did not read

FAPhoenix
03-26-2016, 03:55 AM
I think the key to having fun is making friends. I think Teamspeak is vital to friendships on such a small server.

I agree. The server has been fantastic the last while. A lot of old faces and new getting immersed. We've had great PvP against Empire and a lot of people are getting loooy a d enjoying themselves.

I think for the most part the dynamic of Tempest/Empire makes the end game a lot more fun.

bubur
03-26-2016, 05:57 AM
Most people I know playing Zek heard about the server less than a week before launch, including me. I think the wipe in 6 months will actually increase the # of people interested due to the ability to start fresh.

There is more PvP than Red because red is mostly full of nut cuppers who desperately cling to their pixil advantages and twinks to convince them they are actually good at pvp. When anything is presented that shows even a slight threat, most of these nut cuppers run and slam vs taking a YT. It is a laughable state of affairs.

A great example is that Ohhnoo moron who jumps into Mistmoore with all his twink gear, runs down to GY and proceeds to attack players fighting multiple mobs. Once he could not easily gank and started taking damage, he books it to zone in and plugs. Logs back in 15 min later and trains the group hardcore then proceeds to go back up top and KS mobs that OOR lowbie players are killing at entrance. Real Pvp :rolleyes:

The rest are people who don't even pvp which makes the server even more laughable. To call Red1999 a PvP server is to mislead people about what this dead server really is. A place for bitter trolls to troll anyone dumb enough to roll on this server. ;)

from very limited university-funded government-assisted research ive done, it appears both servers coincide relatively well

some rejects who lost their way on r99, such as myself, play only zek and it provides an immersive pvp community and experience ive been missing since 2013

some r99 elitists said naw, and missed out on the early zek game. even (and especially) if theyre skilled players, they're not gonna be a fan of how they have to start behind the curve on zek and wont ever play there when they see ppl running around in 150 MR gear and wurmies slaying them without a chance to fight back. tldr snoozed and loozed kinda folk

and some healthy well-adjusted individuals play both because why not. all it takes is you to copy-paste your eq directory and you can play them both you lazy fuck

i consider myself in the first category personally

Jazzy
03-26-2016, 07:48 AM
What he said ^^

Although if you arent a total retard and the class make up is good, the MR gaps are easily made up within a day or two.

Kowalski
03-26-2016, 12:33 PM

HippoNipple
03-28-2016, 11:21 AM
Red is better for PvE, Zek is better for PvP.

I don't understand why people even play on the blue server with the Red server offering the raiding on a silver platter.

If someone is logging into Red it is because they are thinking of some sort of PvE they want to get done. Zek is the complete opposite.

Zek will probably get old for people soon though, and everyone will be back going after that PvE on Red99.

Nirgon
03-28-2016, 11:53 AM
I don't understand why people even play on the blue server with the Red server offering the raiding on a silver platter.

2 words:

primal beatdown

wiggleroom
03-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Where in the wigs is teams at?

Wiggling

Sear
03-28-2016, 04:01 PM

Because Everquest is a social game and the blue server has 1200 players on it.

+ some people shrivel at the mere thought of another player attacking them.

+ I don't think blue server players actually want "raiding on a silver platter", despite whatever griping goes on over in Carealot about scheduling conflicts for their Sunday raiding tee times. Willing to bet most prefer the guild competition over being uncontested.

iruinedyourday
03-28-2016, 04:09 PM

+ I don't think blue server players actually want "raiding on a silver platter", despite whatever griping goes on over in Carealot about scheduling conflicts for their Sunday raiding tee times. Willing to bet most prefer the guild competition over being uncontested.

what's not social about this?

http://i.imgur.com/agyKlJZ.png

vouss
03-28-2016, 04:27 PM
="hipponipple"I don't understand why people even play on the blue server with the Red server offering the raiding on a silver platter.

2 words:

primal beatdown

you can just skip that and join empire, they are always recruiting

Swish
03-28-2016, 04:46 PM

is that the real Slathar tho?

Rick Sanchez
03-29-2016, 11:10 AM
Embrace the dead zone.

Utanven
03-29-2016, 03:22 PM
I'd play if there was any hope for the server.

Server gets worse by the day due to the huge (&ever increasing) gear gap... This was ok in kunark because kunark gear sucked in comparison.

Empire still recruiting while owning 80% of the lvl 60 population?

Still training smaller guilds raids and eating suspensions on lvl 55 throwaway accounts?

Like with nihilum only GMs could help the server but they didn't & now it's too late.

Enjoy!

RIP

Colgate
03-29-2016, 03:26 PM
above poster was in nihilum for years

opinion discarded

Utanven
03-29-2016, 03:30 PM
Truth hurts eh? Look at that response time lol..

If by years u mean 6 months?

Nihilum sucked for the most part & I was glad when it was disbanded

HippoNipple
03-29-2016, 03:53 PM

People jump on the word competition and use it as a defense as to why their server is better but Everquest isn't set up for fun fulfilling competition. You just sit there for hours and wait for something to spawn. There is no skill involved.

Samsung
03-29-2016, 04:17 PM

Hehehehe he mad.

BardPop
03-29-2016, 04:32 PM
Being in Empire is like being Microsoft at this point, people have actually called for the guild to be "split up" into smaller competing guilds..

you could say empire needs to split up to make the server more fun
Biggest reason Red sucks is just cause the population sucks. If the server had enough people to support like 3-4 Empire's instead of 1 it would be infinitely more enjoyable. An avg nightly pop of like 600 people would make Red amazing. Unfortunately that will never happen cause the vast majority of people that try Red get frustrated by the degenerates with ~300k geared twinks sitting in lvl 5-50 dungeons ruining everyones day all day long. If you manage to get past that into your 50's then your options become either join Empire or get crushed/raid meaningless shit to avoid getting crushed. That's another one of the huge issues is that 1 guild basically controls everything through zerg tactics. If Empire was forced to split into 2 separate guilds somehow and the rest of the server just picked sides it would automatically be better than it is now.

So when is Empire gonna stop recruiting? When aimchat crew are fully NToV geared?

Fuck it is even encourage Empire to split up into two and fight when not raiding...Zero shits given about who poopsock Vindi every 8 hours. I just want a server with several factions that dosnt fly 60% of the population under the same tag.
Split up when "not raiding" and fight? That's a good one, I like that one. However it's totally unworkable, so it will never happen.

vouss
03-29-2016, 10:36 PM
I'd play if there was any hope for the server.

Server gets worse by the day due to the huge (&ever increasing) gear gap... This was ok in kunark because kunark gear sucked in comparison.

Empire still recruiting while owning 80% of the lvl 60 population?

Still training smaller guilds raids and eating suspensions on lvl 55 throwaway accounts?

Like with nihilum only GMs could help the server but they didn't & now it's too late.

Enjoy!

RIP

enjoyed pvp'ing with you pal, you put in work where you could, - taking good advantage of the situations you found yourself in. Cya around

fan D
03-30-2016, 02:24 AM
^

lol yikes

ggggAYYYYYYYYYYY

Beastagoog
03-30-2016, 02:32 AM

Thnx 4 the 17k. Quickest 17k Ive earned.

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2016, 02:36 AM
Greybeard stays gettin paid irl and ingame. Very blessed to have this guy winning enough for all of us.

He's put the community on his back.

Tassador
03-30-2016, 07:17 AM

Nice classic screen, qhills pyzjn pvp fun

merican471
03-30-2016, 12:29 PM
Utanven,

Waited for days for you to log on so I could drag Stankeyes body for ya :(

Gustoo
03-30-2016, 03:15 PM
What's all this talk I hear about item loot going live asap?

Utanven
03-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Thnx 4 the 17k. Quickest 17k Ive earned.

u still mad about that? Had totally forgotten about you.

You never posted the screenshots of me trolling you? Or you begging me not to Kill it?

Blew that bird away..no hesitation with chanter nukes while u were punching it. Shit was hilarious.

Thanks again.

Utanven
03-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Utanven,

Waited for days for you to log on so I could drag Stankeyes body for ya :(

Thanks. Let that shit rot tho. Feels good to not care.

deadlycupcakez
03-30-2016, 03:59 PM
Id feel dead if I played like this:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233102

doesnt sound like play at all...

FAPhoenix
03-30-2016, 04:45 PM
Id feel dead if I played like this:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233102

doesnt sound like play at all...

I'd love a footrace on Red...Tempest and Empire batphoning and training the start line, Casual Scum not showing, Beastagor sitting at PoM tree waiting to HT anyone who dies and one lone Slosh running across the map wondering why everyone on the server is a bunch of dicks.

AzzarTheGod
03-30-2016, 06:40 PM
I'd love a footrace on Red...Tempest and Empire batphoning and training the start line, Casual Scum not showing, Beastagor sitting at PoM tree waiting to HT anyone who dies and one lone Slosh running across the map wondering why everyone on the server is a bunch of dicks.

outside of raids I have no desire to have any interaction with CS, Tempest, or beastagor.

try contesting some mobs.

Strange
03-31-2016, 07:12 AM
one of the best enchs to grace this server so ill raise my hand

enchanters/shamans were broken at that time

Letsjoe gets my vote.

Beastagoog
03-31-2016, 07:19 AM
I dunno...after seeing strut in action kids pretty goog.

Rumors have it strut keeps asking lets joe for 1v1s and keeps getting knock backs.

FAPhoenix
03-31-2016, 12:51 PM
Confirmed, Letsjoe ran everytime he saw Strut. Even one time when I was logging Strut in just to haste someone.

Grandbeard
03-31-2016, 12:57 PM
The fact that the leaderboard is down shows just how dead this server is. YTs gone to the dogs. This server needs a fresh start to be great again. Until then, Zek it is.

Redi
03-31-2016, 01:06 PM
Confirmed, Letsjoe ran everytime he saw Strut. Even one time when I was logging Strut in just to haste someone.

why would anyone be scared of you

necro ench vs wiz

http://i.imgur.com/6X9v8PU.jpg

HippoNipple
03-31-2016, 05:21 PM
The community of RoZek thought it would be cool if DoTs carried across different zones so DoT classes got credit if someone zoned/gated and died.

Devs implemented it within a couple hours because they agreed it was a good idea.

Red99 would never do this.

AzzarTheGod
03-31-2016, 05:34 PM
I dunno...after seeing strut in action kids pretty goog.

Rumors have it strut keeps asking lets joe for 1v1s and keeps getting knock backs.

strut is top 2 enchs on server.