PDA

View Full Version : Dark Side

Fronz
03-21-2016, 12:07 PM
So after a run on the blue server (55 War) I am contemplating coming over to red. I am getting to that point where you begin to truly see the toxicity in the end game on blue and am simply not enjoying it. I have a few concerns here on Red that I was hoping the community could address. I really enjoy group oriented class such as tanks and cleric (which on paper seems like I should be able to take advantage of the crazy xp bonus), yet I hardly have seen anyone at all due to the low population. So....

1) My 3 chars of preference are Tank, cleric, and Wiz....how hard is it to get a footing on Red as a social class who needs groups around them constantly to excel?

2) Are there any guilds or static groups that are interested in adopting someone who has experience on live and p1999, albeit not on Red? I am hoping to grind out levels and catch up to where I was on blue pretty quickly.

If anyone on Red is interested in adding a tank / heals to their team please let me know. In the meantime I am just putzing around feeling lonely.

Nyrod
03-23-2016, 05:08 AM
join Thunderdome, the lvling guild on red, lvl in crushbone, then unrest, then mistmoore, then CoM, then Seb etc

play a warrior or cleric, in high demand currently end game

send a tell to Avomon or ask someone in thunderdome for an officer and 40 plat plus a starter weapon or two

Xaanka
03-23-2016, 05:14 AM
yeah the low level population on red is rather grim these days. you can still make groups happen as a tank or cleric, and you can solo a wiz though. cleric will be more flexible with grouping because there's a lot more viable duos that don't use a tank. a lot of the low levels on red are players rolling alt#4323 and they're always down with cleric duos but may not be as interested in grouping. due to the low pop it's always good to have a port bot character (on a sep account so friends can port you) and if you roll the warrior i'd honestly recommend rolling your port bot first so you can farm some decent starter gear for him. it also helps immensely to be able to port players to your group if you're playing a group dependent class, since there's global /ooc chat on red. if you don't mind a rough course to 60 and want to jump right into raid tanking, don't let me stop you from rolling an untwinked war, it's doable. cleric should be fine in rags till 60 and if you get into raiding any guild will get you an epic and gear.

despite the forumquesting the level 60 red scene is alive and well, if anything there's too much to do because the low pop means there's always stuff up. you're making the right choice, red's a lot more fun than blue at 60.

iruinedyourday
03-23-2016, 11:54 AM
There is no fate but the one we make! Thanks for joining & good luck!

Ps wizzy is an alright first red toon as they are decent in pvp and easier to play as.

Cleric obviously is a linchpin for forming your own groups.. War if you love war and don't mind the work you'll have to put in and pvp requires very good skill or gear to make you not dead

SteppinnRazor
03-23-2016, 12:12 PM
Clerics get the red carpet treatment

Chokan
03-23-2016, 12:18 PM
I've been leveling my first red char, an SK, and I rarely run into issues finding a group. Just have to be able to travel really, or if you can't, just solo a bit or make your own group.

Spyder73
03-23-2016, 12:33 PM
They should just allow boxxing on red and offer no GM support and let people run wild

AzzarTheGod
03-23-2016, 04:49 PM
There is no fate but the one we make! Thanks for joining & good luck!

Ps wizzy is an alright first red toon as they are decent in pvp and easier to play as.

Cleric obviously is a linchpin for forming your own groups.. War if you love war and don't mind the work you'll have to put in and pvp requires very good skill or gear to make you not dead

Keep in mind wizards aren't really wanted in groups 50+

They don't offer anything and red is a min-max server in many ways. Be prepared to be treated like a necromancer (probably worse actually) if you go wizard, group wise.

For raids etc, its a fine choice. Just don't expect any sebilis groups on a wizard on red. Ever. As an extension of this, don't expect to make any friends fast, unless you plan on doubling the effort. Even then, remember you are unwanted and your attempt to make any friends could be construed as cumbersome and annoying since you have no intrinsic value as a groupmate.

Fame
03-23-2016, 05:06 PM
Roll a wizard (probably a druid instead) to port for cash to fund your first melee character. Root will make you quit.

The +mr set includes
2xjac rings maybe 500 per, +26mr
2x Wolf eye bracers dunno maybe 50p total, +14mr
white gold necklace 5-700, +7mr
SSB less than 800, +10mr
blood stained mantle 200 or less can probably get it leveling, +10mr
runed bone fork 500 could probably get it leveling, +10mr
Iksar chest piece the one at the sarnak fort maybe 500 max +10mr

Work up to
mith legs/arms at about 2k each

Some of these items may vary depending on race, but you want MR for sure and as a TOP priority. There is a list of goal numbers to reach listed somewhere on forums.

iruinedyourday
03-23-2016, 05:06 PM
Keep in mind wizards aren't really wanted in groups 50+

They don't offer anything and red is a min-max server in many ways. Be prepared to be treated like a necromancer (probably worse actually) if you go wizard, group wise.

For raids etc, its a fine choice. Just don't expect any sebilis groups on a wizard on red. Ever. As an extension of this, don't expect to make any friends fast, unless you plan on doubling the effort. Even then, remember you are unwanted and your attempt to make any friends could be construed as cumbersome and annoying since you have no intrinsic value as a groupmate.

once you hit 50 and you're still focusing on Pve youre doing red wrong! :D

AzzarTheGod
03-23-2016, 05:25 PM
once you hit 50 and you're still focusing on Pve youre doing red wrong! :D

some ppl like to have friends though, esp if they came from blue. that's why I mentioned the nature of wizards so he understood it can be a bit of a trade off.

iruinedyourday
03-23-2016, 05:32 PM
some ppl like to have friends though, esp if they came from blue. that's why I mentioned the nature of wizards so he understood it can be a bit of a trade off.

also compared to wizard on blue, even with our low pop, youll get more group invites on red as one hehe