PDA

View Full Version : VSR etiquette and procedure

Kileras
03-14-2016, 10:43 PM
Is there anyway we can come to terms on a way to handle VSR turn in and etiquette? Apparently we had 4 or 5 people tonight sitting on the spawn to turn in globes. The text on turn in, afaik, is simply:

"[Mon Mar 14 20:06:41 2016] Venril Sathirs remains grasps the glowing sphere of fireflies from your hands. Tendrils of mystical energy begin to flow forth from the swarm of glowing insects like tiny fingers. The glowing tendrils begin to reach into the ribcage of the rotting remains of Venril Sathir, coalescing into the form of an iksar ghost."

what I am looking for clarity on is how we are suppose to know which guild gets their 20 minute shot? Can something be added to clarify who gets the turn in? I imagine that everyone is spamming their turn in so fast that they are unaware if they are turning into the correct mob, and therefore everyone is globeless and lost as to who has the mob.

Can we at least agree that whoever gets the turn in ( if that is able to be confirmed) , only their guild should exist in the pit? Tonight was a mess. Everyone claimed they got the turn in, then one guild decided to turn in the rez scroll with a pit full of guilds and VS went ham.

Is there anything we can do to make the situation better? ideas? Am i missing something? a simple addition of text saying the name of the first person to turn in, would go a long way.

thanks!

arsenalpow
03-15-2016, 07:37 AM
VSR just needs to speak a name like Scout Charisa does which would solve the issue of who gets the shot, but the main problem with any and every VS encounter since the dawn of time is the inevitable massive train that people drag into the pit.

Kileras
03-15-2016, 08:08 AM
The train is from the rush though, and with vsr all of that should be avoided. Whoever gets the hand in has the 20 minutes to hand in the scroll, and then 20 minutes to get vs down. I am aware the depop on him is roughly 20 minutes so you should engage before that obviously.

In anything other than fluke circumstances, the pit should not even be entered by a kill group that didn't hand in the orb. We wiped twice to bizarre trains of vs all over the castle last night, and people not knowing the fight from opposing guilds coming in and getting life tapped.

But yes, pretty please have some kind of trigger text that acknowledges the person who turned in and I think the rest of it can be figured out one spot by cooperative people.

arsenalpow
03-15-2016, 08:21 AM
The train is from the rush though, and with vsr all of that should be avoided. Whoever gets the hand in has the 20 minutes to hand in the scroll, and then 20 minutes to get vs down. I am aware the depop on him is roughly 20 minutes so you should engage before that obviously.

In anything other than fluke circumstances, the pit should not even be entered by a kill group that didn't hand in the scroll. We wiped twice to bizarre trains of vs all over the castle last night, and people not knowing the fight from opposing guilds coming in and getting life tapped.

But yes, pretty please have some kind of trigger text that acknowledges the person who turned in and I think the rest of it can be figured out one spot by cooperative people.

Getting 40 minutes is dumb, just because there's a second trigger in between shouldnt mean anyone gets an additional 20 minutes. That's going to be lawyered and it's going to create a bunch of hurt feelings.

Realistically, you trigger the VSR ghost and you have twenty minutes to spawn the VS copy who will need to be engaged almost immediately because it's unlikely your raid will have VS faction (unless you're in VP a lot). So essentially it's 20 minutes then a VS attempt, stringing it along for another 20 minutes to buy time is gross.

Kileras
03-15-2016, 09:03 AM
Getting 40 minutes is dumb, just because there's a second trigger in between shouldnt mean anyone gets an additional 20 minutes. That's going to be lawyered and it's going to create a bunch of hurt feelings.

Realistically, you trigger the VSR ghost and you have twenty minutes to spawn the VS copy who will need to be engaged almost immediately because it's unlikely your raid will have VS faction (unless you're in VP a lot). So essentially it's 20 minutes then a VS attempt, stringing it along for another 20 minutes to buy time is gross.

i agree from a logistical point of view, as in nobody wants an aggro ready VS running around for 15 minutes while your raid trickles in... But it would be great to make the encounter more accessible to smaller guilds that need that kind of time to mobilize and get a core member an epic. Perhaps that isn't feasible thought because it leaves up a pretty brutal (mostly KOS) mob sitting in the pit for 15 minutes.

bktroost
03-15-2016, 10:43 AM
@ adding trigger text to indicate the name-- yes

@ 20 minutes versus 40 minutes-- technically it's two triggers like Ragefire so yeah it's 40. Should you need 40? Absolutely not. But Chest, this mob is going to be spawning once per day in later patches. Trying to come to a meta agreement for this mob seems like a hill that we shouldn't die on.

arsenalpow
03-15-2016, 11:00 AM
@ adding trigger text to indicate the name-- yes

@ 20 minutes versus 40 minutes-- technically it's two triggers like Ragefire so yeah it's 40. Should you need 40? Absolutely not. But Chest, this mob is going to be spawning once per day in later patches. Trying to come to a meta agreement for this mob seems like a hill that we shouldn't die on.

As Fugues said it won't really be 40 minutes. Spawning VS is just going to lead to wipes and pissed off people. I don't really care what y'all do, it doesn't affect BDA because we have great VS faction from killing VP, but after what I witnessed last night it's only going to cause problems with VS rampaging around KC for 15 or so minutes, then despawning because a guild couldn't regroup in time after getting wiped out by some mouth breathers stumbling into the pit.

Daldaen
03-15-2016, 05:34 PM
Q9: What rules pertain to raid mobs that are triggered spawns? Either by turn in or the killing of another mob?
A: If a raid mob is triggered to spawn by killing a single mob before it (Example: Statue -> Idol -> Avatar of War), the guild/party that spawned the mob has 20 minutes to engage it. The mob is open to any other guild/party on a first to engage basis once the first guild/party either no longer has a presence, or the first guild/party has wiped, or the mob has reset after an engage, or has not been engaged within the 20 minute time limit. To clarify, one engage is defined as the mob getting aggro on one or more players from the raid, and then ending after that losing aggro/resetting when those players have been killed or forced to abandon the fight. Once a triggered spawn no longer has aggro on anyone, it can be killed by anyone.

So it depends on where you got your P99 Law Degree from... But I wouldn't consider the Spirit a "Raid Mob" and spawning him shouldn't give you an additional 20 minutes. The only mob you kill is Venril Sathir.

Ideally the 24 hour respawn VSR will come in soon and fix a lot of these issues... But for the beginning a trigger indicating whom turned in first would be useful similar to Ragefire and Scout. A patch to add the name of turn in person and patch to correct the respawn timer will be good simultaneously if possible.

Kileras
03-15-2016, 06:20 PM
So it depends on where you got your P99 Law Degree from... But I wouldn't consider the Spirit a "Raid Mob" and spawning him shouldn't give you an additional 20 minutes. The only mob you kill is Venril Sathir.

Ideally the 24 hour respawn VSR will come in soon and fix a lot of these issues... But for the beginning a trigger indicating whom turned in first would be useful similar to Ragefire and Scout. A patch to add the name of turn in person and patch to correct the respawn timer will be good simultaneously if possible.

the 3 day VS change would really be a great thing all around, and i am unclear why it hasn't happened yet in general. is my impression of the timeline incorrect? it should have come with last patch no?

p.s. thanks everyone for the considerate discussion. was rather nervous about posting here. Glad that the rest of the guilds finally got added! cheers !

Daldaen
03-15-2016, 06:25 PM
It should've come. It was just something that slipped between the cracks.

Hopefully a full patch can come soon. Windows are back to Saturday-Tuesday.

Daldaen
03-23-2016, 07:09 PM
Bump for Nilbog.

It may be wise to change the quest text for turning in:

Venril Sathirs remains grasps the glowing sphere of fireflies from your hands. Tendrils of mystical energy begin to flow forth from the swarm of glowing insects like tiny fingers. The glowing tendrils begin to reach into the ribcage of the rotting remains of Venril Sathir, coalescing into the form of an iksar ghost.

To be:

Venril Sathirs remains grasps the glowing sphere of fireflies from Daldaen's hands. Tendrils of mystical energy begin to flow forth from the swarm of glowing insects like tiny fingers. The glowing tendrils begin to reach into the ribcage of the rotting remains of Venril Sathir, coalescing into the form of an iksar ghost.

Just so it's clear who turns in each time.