PDA

View Full Version : WTS Garzicor Smithing MQ (Finished Naginata Blade) - 20k

Whackin
03-07-2016, 08:52 PM
I am selling the MQ of the Finished Naginata Blade that will save you many, many hours of running around, especially if you are a class that can't do parts of it solo (DN/Cliff Golems), by letting you skip a significant portion of the Spirit of Garzicor quest and greatly cuts down on the tradeskills you need.

This will save you the stupid amount of time/effort/money you would need to get your blacksmithing skill past 175 (Trivial for final combine is 160, so you should still get to 175, but that part is easy and quick).

This also lets you completely skip the need to do pottery if you dont already have it.

You must by ally with CoV faction and will need to obtain the Finished Tsuba and Bronzewood Staff in order to do this MQ.

Here are the portions of the quest you get to skip:

START - SKYSHRINE/THURGADIN

This quest can be done in really any order, however, for simplicity sake, we'll start in Thurgadin. You can, if you would prefer start at Oglard in Skyshrine, but he only directs you to Thurgadin, anyway, so...

Go to Thurgadin and locate Loremaster Sarl in the Statue Room directly across from the Icewell Zone Line.

You say, 'Can you tell me the name of a slain dragon'

Loremaster Sarl says 'The name of Dragon you say? One that was slain? Hmmm,
sounds interesting. Like I said, we've had little contact with Dragons, but I vaguely recall an ancient legend about a slain dragon and one of our people meeting. Follow me to the Library and we'll talk along the way.

Once he starts walking, you can say "Black" and he will immediately spawn in the library ready for the next segment of the quest. Run there and hand him 50pp to receive Worn Coldain Tome.

Perfect! Reading the book elludes to someone named Burdael having seen a dying dragon. Also, Sarl mentions something about this being a rescued book from their old home and speak of Froststone. The only other place in Velious with Dwarves is the Crystal Caverns, so that's the next place we go!

Crystal Caverns

Historian Baenek is located on the bottom floor in the Dwarve outpost in Crystal Caverns. Handing the book to him spawns the Ghost of Burdael at the rear of the of the Tentacle Terror area. He's a 50 SK who is slowable, rootable, and can be mezzed, so as long as you have one of those, you should be alright. Do note, though, he's got a boatload of hps, so it may be a long fight.

After you kill Burdael, loot Onyxbrand and head back to Oglard in Skyshrine.

Oglard will scream and blab for a bit, but eventually he'll hand you a Dragon Crafted Urn and instruct you to fill it with the remains of Garzicor in Dragon Necropolis. Great, a crypt. Now's the time you should make a hotkey for "Remember, Garzicor".

Dragon Necropolis

For this next part, it's highly recommended that you have a partner. Once you get to Dragon Necropolis, you'll want to have Invis and SoW buried behind a ton of trash buffs (at least five). Garzicor's remains are located in the Paebala area. The firts entrance to this is the set of large double doors set nearly in the floor with three-four spiders spread around it. The door is also trapped (I think) so you could end up triggering a spider. Also, there's a construct prior to the remains that will need to be moved or trained off (this is where the partner comes in to play). Once the construct and spiders are trained off, go down to the first landing and you'll find two skulls. Spam your Garzicor hotkey (Remember, Garzicor) and run around in here. Eventually you'll get text scrolling. Once you see "I am sorry", look on the floor and you'll see a brown bag. It's actually two: Dragonwing Skin and Dragonbone Dust. This is a No Fail combine and returns a Dragon Crafted Urn.

Skyshrine (Finished Naginata Blade)

At this point, head back to Oglard and hand him the urn. He'll immediately hand it back and send you to Eldriaks Fe`Dhar. Hand Eldriaks the urn and he will hand you a book titled: "The blade" (instructions on how to form the Naginata Blade) and a Sanctified bone dust (this is two dusts).

The book gives you instructions on how to fabricate the blade as well as the rest of the components to manufacture the full polearm. You'll need to get the following items in the following zones:

Starmetal Ore off of a A Cliff Golem in The Overthere

Gray Colored Ice off of the ground in the middle of Frontier Mountains at loc (-260, -300)

Blacksmithing section

Now, this is the part that typically trips folks up. You need Blacksmithing to NO LOWER THAN 210 and Pottery to NO LOWER THAN 122 to ensure the lowest possible chance of failure (always 5% min). Pottery's easy, just follow the guide, but Smithing can take a bit longer and involve some coin. You can attempt this at 200, but I strongly advise against it.

Once you're where you want to be in tradeskills, do the following:

In Forge:
1 x Forging Hammer - Bought, Quested, Dropped, Returned on Failure, Returned on Success
1 x Smithing Chisel - Bought, Returned on Failure, Returned on Success
1 x Starmetal Ore - Dropped

This will return Portion of Starmetal x2. Next:

In Forge:
1 x Portion of Starmetal - Crafted
1 x Sanctified bone dust - Quested

This will return Dusted Starmetal Block. Next begins the most difficult part. This section Trivial is no less than 177. Proceed at your own peril. The next part has an incremental material output (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). Start with:

In Forge:
1 x Dusted Starmetal Block - Crafted
1 x Forging Hammer - Bought, Quested, Dropped, Returned on Failure, Returned on Success

This will return Blade skin-1st fold. Continue doing the combines like this:

In Forge:
1 x Blade core-1st fold - Crafted

until you get to Shaped blade core. To make this do the following combine:

In Forge:
1 x Blade core-5th fold - Crafted

Once you have your core folded 5 times, you'll need to shape it with just the forging hammer:

In Forge:
1 x Forging Hammer - Bought
1 x Blade core - 5th fold - Foraged, Crafted, Quested

to get Shaped blade core. At this point, you should have the these two items (barring fails) in your inventory:

Portion of Starmetal
Remaining Bone dust

DO NOT be confused about this part. There are two bone dust applications and each one leads to a half of the sword so if you fail the first ore/dust combine, you can still do the second part. You'll have to reobtain the Sanctified bone dust to reattempt the first, though.

Now, This is the long part. Do the following:

In Forge
1 x Portion of Starmetal - Crafted
1 x Remaining Bone dust - Crafted, Quested

To get: Dusted Starmetal Block. Next:

In Forge:
1 x Dusted Starmetal Block - Crafted

and on success you should have Blade skin-1st fold. At this point, it's the same process as above to get to Blade skin-10th fold. At this point it's time to combine your Shaped blade core and your Blade skin-10th fold

In Forge:
1 x Blade skin-10th fold - Crafted
1 x Shaped blade core - Crafted

This will return Complete raw blade. Congratulations!!!! There's still a bit more to go, but we're in the home stretch!

Pottery Section

In order to get your Finished Naginata Blade you'll need to do some pottery. You need Pottery to 128 in order to trivial this part. No sweat, though, since most of what you need to do it is located in West Freeport. My suggestion is to duel someone, and leave all your bags on the corpse, then head to an inn, get regular Backpack and fill one or two full of Water Flask then hit the Pottery merchant near the inn in the middle part of the city (#8 on the map). The merchants in this hut have everything you need and a pottery wheel right there, so it shouldn't take more than an hour or two to do all the combines from 0.

Once you have Pottery to 128 (or w/e you feel comfortable risking), do the following combine at the pottery wheel:

In Pottery Wheel:
1 x Small Block of Clay - Crafted, Bought, Dropped
1 x Water Flask - Foraged, Crafted, Summoned, Bought, Quested, Dropped

Then,

In Pottery Wheel:
1 x Clay/water mixture - Crafted
1 x Complete shaped blade - Crafted

Ok, so we have the clay on our blade, but the egde still needs to be hardened and quenched. To do this part, you need the Gray Colored Ice you collected earlier. (If you didn't, this may be a good time to just read below and collect the rest). To wrap up this part:

In Forge: (Trivial 213)
1 x Clay coated blade - Crafted
1 x Gray Colored Ice - Ground Spawn

BAM!!!!!! Finished Naginata Blade. Congratulations on the hardest combine! Now for the rest of the drops.

Whackin
03-09-2016, 09:40 PM
1st one sold and MQ'd successfully! Working on another now, get your MQ lined up!

Sallan
03-10-2016, 12:28 AM
Great and fast MQ. Recommended!

Whackin
03-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Another ready to go!

Whackin
03-14-2016, 07:18 PM
2nd one MQ'd successfully! I'll have another ready to go as soon as I visit a forge, assuming no failures =P Hit me up!

Whackin
03-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Success! Another ready for MQ!

Whackin
03-19-2016, 10:25 AM
^

Whackin
04-03-2016, 12:27 PM
I've got one ready to go.

Somekid123
04-03-2016, 12:28 PM
Free bump, can anyone confirm the graphic on this is a rusty 2handed halberd?

Whackin
04-03-2016, 12:31 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Ethereal_Bladed_Naginata

Badass samurai look, FashionQuest +100.

Erati
04-03-2016, 01:53 PM
so your customer has to get Armor of Zek piece, and the Bronzewood just for this?

been charging my guildies 15K for everything that makes the blood

They been getting a good deal :D