Valura
03-07-2016, 07:25 PM
im 59. i dont want to do chardok idps. is grouping my only choice

GinnasP99
03-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Find blue mobs, kill them.

Vallanor
03-11-2016, 10:37 AM
You can try quadding phase spiders in DN. It's a little tricky until you get the hang of it, but it can certainly be done if you've got a sufficient mana pool.

mgellan
03-11-2016, 10:48 AM
I'm 100% with you Valura, 59, hate Chardok, trying to get some xp. At the end of the day I wouldn't turn down a guild group - if you can get a group down to HS the xp is decent although nothing like quadding. Probably similar to quadding a mix of blue and green raptors tho so I've mostly been doing that.

Aegnor, I've been to DN a few times and there's been groups killing the entrance spiders. Is the entrance best or deeper in?

Regards,
Mg

Vallanor
03-11-2016, 10:58 AM
The entrance has usually been completely empty when I've done DN quads, so I haven't tried going past the doors to the first big building (south of 3 on the wiki map). There are roughly 12 that spawn before that area which is enough to keep you busy between repops if the zone is dead. If people are killing at the entrance you could try moving a little further in. Just keep a TL box up or your Sky necklace on!

Lojik
03-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Split Paw scrolls turn ins

thewrush
03-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Into the Hole!

Samoht
03-11-2016, 12:07 PM
Wizards should be desirable group members for places like the Hole, Howling Stones, and lower dogs in Velks. If you cannot find a group, nobody is more empowered than you to create one!

thewrush
03-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Wizards should be desirable group members for places like the Hole, Howling Stones, and lower dogs in Velks. If you cannot find a group, nobody is more empowered than you to create one!

Thanks for reminding me, need to work on HS key!

Jimjam
03-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Hand in 33,500 bone chips in kaladim.

It's only about 1700 stacks. Call it 20 inventories full of bone chips (assuming 8 10 slot bags).

at 5pp per stack, its under 10kpp (and mild* RSI) for the level! Great value!

*severe

thewrush
03-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Or go to Overthere and hand in 4x Sarnak War Braids, that quest actually gives noticeable xp.

Jimjam
03-11-2016, 05:01 PM
I was joking about subjecting yourself to RSI in order to complete 59 via bone chips ;).

playing4peace
03-11-2016, 06:22 PM
I spent many months deliberately avoiding 60 while making Essence Emeralds. I solo'd the entrance hall of Sebilis quite easily most days. Hardest splits were the paired boks of any kind, but if you med to full before starting, and use what little space you have for a short fearkite near he end (Fear, not Invoke, at about 35-40% health), you can split these mobs easily.

splitting mobs is the Screaming Terror/Feign Death split. ST, pull the active mob away from aggro range of the mezzed one and FD until ST wears off.

First split is the most cramped. You have to get the pulled mob almost precisely to the top of the ramp to avoid the other one's aggro when ST wears off and you stand up from your FD.

I did this all day long without incident some days. In the evening as the crowd begins to pour in, curious people, excessively helpful people, rude people, inconsiderate people, chatty people, friendly people ... would trickle through and upset my rhythm so I tended to avoid this in evenings (US).

Over the course of about 4 months, I made about three dozen Essence Emeralds (which I could turn around and rez people for 300+ plat in Seb)... that is to say, I could have virtually maxed level 60 twice in that time. It's a steady flow of "not great, but okay" XP which will get you to 60 and maybe give you some plat in your pocket as well.

thewrush
03-11-2016, 06:47 PM
I spent many months deliberately avoiding 60 while making Essence Emeralds. I solo'd the entrance hall of Sebilis quite easily most days. Hardest splits were the paired boks of any kind, but if you med to full before starting, and use what little space you have for a short fearkite near he end (Fear, not Invoke, at about 35-40% health), you can split these mobs easily.

splitting mobs is the Screaming Terror/Feign Death split. ST, pull the active mob away from aggro range of the mezzed one and FD until ST wears off.

First split is the most cramped. You have to get the pulled mob almost precisely to the top of the ramp to avoid the other one's aggro when ST wears off and you stand up from your FD.

I did this all day long without incident some days. In the evening as the crowd begins to pour in, curious people, excessively helpful people, rude people, inconsiderate people, chatty people, friendly people ... would trickle through and upset my rhythm so I tended to avoid this in evenings (US).

Over the course of about 4 months, I made about three dozen Essence Emeralds (which I could turn around and rez people for 300+ plat in Seb)... that is to say, I could have virtually maxed level 60 twice in that time. It's a steady flow of "not great, but okay" XP which will get you to 60 and maybe give you some plat in your pocket as well.

The OP is a wizard though :D Although they could use their entire pool to maybe single kill a frog at the entrance? Maybe? Right?

playing4peace
03-12-2016, 12:49 AM
The OP is a wizard though :D Although they could use their entire pool to maybe single kill a frog at the entrance? Maybe? Right?

Blue text, I thought it was just another broken gif link I needed to ignore. My bad.

Valura
03-13-2016, 08:36 PM
i will report back

Valura
03-15-2016, 01:45 AM
gnoll scrolls gave nothing.

sarnak braids gave nothing.

ill try more

Lojik
03-15-2016, 02:19 AM
gnoll scrolls gave nothing.

sarnak braids gave nothing.

ill try more

turning in 4 war braids at 60 gives me 1/2%, every 2 turn ins i get 1%. So probably something like 4 turn ins would yield 1% in 59

dafier
03-16-2016, 05:32 PM
Quad, solo kill 1 by 1 or....

group.

Go to Seb. It's fun and you have a chance a drops.

trite
03-16-2016, 08:43 PM
GO IDPs chardok you will get 59-60 in one day

Doctor Jeff
03-17-2016, 01:18 AM
tldr the whole thread, you gotta kill monsters.

syztem
04-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Getting bard swarmed in DN 54-58 got me varying from 11% per down to 8% per swarm up to 58. Was ready and somewhat quick despite the 25 min re spawn or so. Never tried quadding but I'm on red so exp would be better if I had someone or two afk in my group if not add in damage to the quad. Might have to give it a try. Sick of seeing lure of ice, sun strike and ice spear in my bag.

iruinedyourday
04-11-2016, 08:14 PM
why wouldnt you want to do chardok as a wiz tho, isnt it like the easiest fucking thing on the planet?