PDA

View Full Version : Rangers, many silly questions.

Jauna
03-01-2016, 05:01 AM
I cant stop playing Hybrids, rangers next and heavily debating on the race

Human:
+highest str/sta of the 3 races, melee will be primary source of damage throughout the game
+females have a chainmail bikini
+redheads
-nightblindness, negated at 30, and at higher levels with infra/ultra items
-lowest dex of the 3 races, but since bow damage even with trueshot will not compare to melee.. only downside here is a lower proc chance on weapons that will probably get me killed anyways

Half Elves:
+second highest str/sta
+highest dex
+bellbottoms
+infravision
-no red heads
-lowest wis

Wood elves:
+high agi?
+elf?
+redheads
-lowest str/sta
-medium dex?

Hard deciding, I still kick myself in the ass by picking my bards race to woodelf and putting points into cha and dex and dont wanna make the same mistake twice

Pyrion
03-01-2016, 05:25 AM
Half elf gals look really sexy. That's why my new paladin is one :)

Xaanka
03-01-2016, 06:45 AM
pick whatever race you think looks the coolest. nothing else matters. even if youre a poopsock min/maxer you'll probably get a primal eventually and max all ur stats. who cares.

Lartanin63
03-01-2016, 11:32 AM
One thing to not short is the wis score. If you do any soloing and rock all melee stat gear like I usually do. The base wisdom it really noticeable. I've never played a human ranger but I prefer the wood elf wis over the half elf. Plus wood elf and human helm if tracker graphic ftw.

xKoopa
03-01-2016, 11:40 AM
One thing to not short is the wis score. If you do any soloing and rock all melee stat gear like I usually do. The base wisdom it really noticeable. I've never played a human ranger but I prefer the wood elf wis over the half elf. Plus wood elf and human helm if tracker graphic ftw.

I made my ranger a human purely for the dragon helm

Troxx
03-01-2016, 01:19 PM
pick whatever race you think looks the coolest. nothing else matters. even if youre a poopsock min/maxer you'll probably get a primal eventually and max all ur stats. who cares.

I can't emphasize this enough.

Through gear you can tweak a lot about your character. You can never change the race. If you hate the look of a race you will never be happy. With few exceptions (necro/sham and racial regen) it doesn'tmake a huge difference.

Just pick what you like the looks of most.

PS: from a min/max standpoint human wins the ranger contest.

Superranger
03-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Human best moustache

Whiteberry
03-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Human ranger with pd robe and epics, best look in the game

Tann
03-02-2016, 02:18 AM
-nightblindness, negated at 30, and at higher levels with infra/ultra items

depending on how much you have to spend you can bypass this right away. Glowing Stone Band (http://wiki.project1999.com/Glowing_Stone_Band) is about 30-50pp, just wear it at night npnp!

If money isn't a concern you could get a a tranny crown if you wanted serp sight still, or that Eyepatch of the Shadows (http://wiki.project1999.com/Eyepatch_of_the_Shadows) for ultravision!