PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Guards 100% MR - Resolved

Pyrocat
12-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Tried killing some Field of Bone Iksar guards with a lvl 50 shaman and a lvl 50 bard. Everyone we tried was white con at 50 and had 100% MR. Must've cast "root" at least 30 times, "malo" a whole bunch, and bard couldn't land a single song either over the course of about 45 minutes of trying.

Proof that you could land spells on these guys:
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=4217
necro giving a battle report on how he killed a guard, mentions spells landing

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=7951
another battle report from a different necro, mentions spells landing

Lazortag
12-07-2010, 09:47 PM
This is still happening btw (even since the patch)

nilbog
12-07-2010, 09:49 PM
This is still happening btw (even since the patch)

Unless you see a message stating that we have fixed it, we most likely haven't.

Lazortag
12-08-2010, 01:18 AM
Oh, sorry. Also, I should add that more evidence is probably needed - from pyrocat's sources we get that a 59 Necro killed a 50 trooper (which seems reasonable) and that a 52 necro killed a level 40 trooper, which isn't compelling either way. Still, I highly doubt they were 100% MR and I'll try to find some real evidence soon.

Scrooge
12-08-2010, 09:44 PM
I also recall killing the guards outside Cab on live many years ago.

Pyrocat
01-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Update:

Apparently it's not all troopers. At level 51 I can get magic/fire/poison-based spells to land on lvl 50 guards in Swamp of No Hope, Warsliks, Lake of Ill Omen, East Cab and West Cab, but not Field of Bone. I've tested Crusaders as well in several of those zones and spells will land on them just fine.

Not sure what's up with guards in field of bone, but they seem to have different resistances than their counterparts in every other zone. I tried testing crusader spell resistances in field of bone and it seems they have the same resistance as troopers in field of bone, but I didn't test them as extensively as their HT + dooming darkness tends to inhibit my ability to zone before they kill me.

More evidence that you could get MR based spells to land on troopers in field of bone:
I just did this quest, and I can tell you the easiest ways to do this:
1. Be an Iksar. This doesn't help if your not an iksar. Duh.
2. Be a chanter. Illusion: Iksar is cool. If you are a chanter, you can help people by charming the guard you turn them in to.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=260
posted in August 2001. Guard that they're talking about is Trooper Mozo, who is a level 50 guard in Field of Bone.

Pyrocat
01-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Oh, sorry. Also, I should add that more evidence is probably needed - from pyrocat's sources we get that a 59 Necro killed a 50 trooper (which seems reasonable) and that a 52 necro killed a level 40 trooper, which isn't compelling either way. Still, I highly doubt they were 100% MR and I'll try to find some real evidence soon.

Agreed to some extent, I've haven't done as complete a job as I could have scouring allakhazam for old comments.

However, when a level 59 can somewhat easily kill a lvl 50, that means spells must be landing at a somewhat normal rate. From that battle report it looks like he casted 18 spells on the mob and 2 of them got resisted. That 9 level different doesn't account for the 100% resistance that I'm getting. If that lvl 59 necro casted spells on lvl 58 mobs (same difference as lvl 51 to lvl 50 mobs as I'm testing), and even if that mob was more resistant than average, they would still get spells to land occasionally. I have yet to see a single spell land on any guard in Field of Bone.

Starklen
01-16-2011, 12:05 PM
I killed Crusader Swype in LOIO at level 50 with no issues on my necro over a week ago. Things could've since been changed though.

Pyrocat
01-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I killed Crusader Swype in LOIO at level 50 with no issues on my necro over a week ago. Things could've since been changed though.

No that's as it should be. The bug here is that guards in Field of Bone have 100% MR.

Omnimorph
01-17-2011, 07:33 AM
Also guards inside cabilis are 100% MR, i even logged on a server with gm priviledges and went there (when kunark beta was down) and at level 70 they still resisted.

I imagine it'll be the same for P99 kunark.

Pyrocat
01-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Also guards inside cabilis are 100% MR, i even logged on a server with gm priviledges and went there (when kunark beta was down) and at level 70 they still resisted.

I imagine it'll be the same for P99 kunark.

Could you say which guards in Cab are 100% MR on p1999? I tested several guards in east and west cab and I could land spells. If there are other guards that actually are 100% resistant on p1999 I'd like to know which ones so maybe we can narrow this problem down.

p.s. a GM server isn't the best place to collect info on what Kunark "should be" like, as they aren't striving towards classic and are working from a vastly different database. Old Allakhazam comments, webarchive.org + eq websites and just plain old googling are great places to start researching.

Pyrocat
02-14-2011, 02:46 AM
bump

To recap:
I have yet to see a single spell land on any guard in Field of Bone.
Tried root many times with a lvl 55 shaman. Tried poison, magic, fire, disease based spells, all resisted. Lull is even getting resisted 100% every time I try with a lvl 50 bard. Iksar guards in every other zone are functioning property, but Field of Bone is messed up.

nilbog
02-15-2011, 12:29 PM
At level 51 I can get magic/fire/poison-based spells to land on lvl 50 guards in Swamp of No Hope, Warsliks, Lake of Ill Omen, East Cab and West Cab, but not Field of Bone. I've tested Crusaders as well in several of those zones and spells will land on them just fine.

I will look into the guard resists.

Are the ones you mentioned above resistant enough? It sounds like it was really easy to land spells on them.

All of these guys are the same level, so it will be easy to fix.

Pyrocat
02-15-2011, 01:09 PM
No, they weren't easy to land spells on at 51. Root was resisted more than half the time at lvl 51, and when it landed it only lasted 1 or 2 ticks.

nilbog
02-15-2011, 01:15 PM
k, troopers and crusaders in fieldofbone won't be so resistant.

next beta content patch.