PDA

View Full Version : Blue rerolls

Rization
02-10-2016, 06:54 PM
I friend of mine and myself are tempted to roll a couple characters on red. How high is the xp bonus? Is us having no gear going to just get us stomped everywhere we go? I understand PvP is obviously going to happen, but I don't want to be farmed 24/7 because we're undergeared.
Is it worth it to make the switch from blue?

pgerman
02-10-2016, 07:01 PM
there are more zones than people on red if you get griefed its because your not very smart

Kergan
02-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Why do you want to switch? If your answer is: fast exp, better chance at raid loot, uncontested item camps, etc...don't bother.

If your answer is "I want to engage in combat with other players" than don't worry about if you're getting attacked all the time and enjoy the battles, win or lose.

barrettdc1
02-10-2016, 07:11 PM
I friend of mine and myself are tempted to roll a couple characters on red. How high is the xp bonus? Is us having no gear going to just get us stomped everywhere we go? I understand PvP is obviously going to happen, but I don't want to be farmed 24/7 because we're undergeared.

I'm speaking form the viewpoint of someone who started on p99 red 2 months ago to the day. I never played on blue(except live from 1999-2002). Never experienced PVP before starting on red.

First, I haven't had many encounters with PVP. I have a 0-6 record because I randomly would encounter someone in my early days and died. No biggie.

The xp bonus is great, I'm not sure of the actual numbers...but the more you have in a group the better the xp. I rolled an enchanter and duo'ing is fine xp.

You'll find the PVP and twinks in the usual xp group zones, CB/Unrest/MM/KC. Still, I would still advise going there cause thats where you'll level fastest. They aren't always filled with twinks the whole time. Also, depending on your class there are tons of other spots to level and have fun.

Come give it a shot, you'll have fun if you don't take things personally. If you need some help give Rickgrimes a tell and I may be able to help with some spell money or a set of banded(i'm not rich by any means).

Good luck!

SamwiseRed
02-10-2016, 07:13 PM
play red, forge your own path.

dont be a fay gate.

barrettdc1
02-10-2016, 07:13 PM
play red, forge your own path.

dont be a fay gate.

^^^^^^^^^

Baugi
02-10-2016, 07:17 PM
If your answer is "I want to engage in combat with other players" than don't worry about if you're getting attacked all the time and enjoy the battles, win or lose.

Can confirm getting z-axis sniped and chased out of zones by invulnerable twinks is fun and interactive PVP.

(just kidding)

Play on red if you prefer getting griefed periodically and a shit economy to waiting on camp lists and bureaucracy.

Kergan
02-10-2016, 07:22 PM
How is it any different than picking up any PVP game for the first time and getting shit on by people who've played for years? You will literally outlevel supertwinks in the 1-30 range in a single night. There is more hand holding, gear giveaways, free plvling and people leveling up their own supertwink alts who are more than happy to invite any warm body for the xp bonus on this server than any one in the history of EQ.

Seriously, if you can't take getting shit on from time to time you will not like playing on red long term so you're better off figuring it out early.

Fame
02-10-2016, 07:32 PM
If you're in oasis area later I'll pl you on my druid, same for any other low level players out there

Phistt
02-10-2016, 07:32 PM
I started off on Red with nothing rolled a druid had a blast and never looked back..

You got a one up on most already by havein a buddy to roll up with. I'd def recommend a caster/priest duo to start off tho, can be brutal rolling up melees from scratch.

I'd Highly recommend a druid or wizard in your duo just for the ease of getting around, with one of those two you can always find some xp, and both are solid in a scrap once you get some lvls under your belts.

As long as you dont take shit to heart when someone comes to kill you your gonna be fine. People like to drop the axe on xp groups it's gonna happen just accept it. Most of the grief occurs on this server when you let ooc know shit is getting to you, Even if your mad as fk keep that shit to yourself, tell the dude Good fight move on about your business.

Groups dont always come instantly but if you just keep a check on ooc you can easily find others around your lvl range to group up with.

If you need any starting plat for spells and whatnot hit Phistt up in game.

tldr: dont cry in ooc when you die, and your fine.

Baugi
02-10-2016, 07:34 PM
How is it any different than picking up any PVP game for the first time and getting shit on by people who've played for years?

EQ PVP isn't balanced or interesting so PVP'ing for its own sake is very shallow and unrewarding gameplay.

supertwink alts who are more than happy to invite any warm body.

"supertwink alts" are still at a disadvantage because they're trying to PVE. Best case is they end up chasing each other around while you still can't use the zone without getting picked off.

Seriously, if you can't take getting shit on from time to time you will not like playing on red long term so you're better off figuring it out early.

Thus "prefer getting griefed periodically". Advising someone that they should have a thick skin is good advice. Advising someone that they will/should enjoy Velious era EQ PVP is retarded.

fan D
02-10-2016, 07:34 PM
i started off on red with nothing and i am now the best geared rogue, and the most talented player on the whole soivah

Barladore
02-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Exp bonus is +240% /w a full group and +60% solo, I believe. GLHF

snufzaimoverlord
02-10-2016, 07:52 PM
The first key to enjoying Red is staying off these forums.

veemoda
02-10-2016, 07:55 PM
i started off on red with nothing and i am now the best geared rogue, and the most talented player on the whole soivah

I have a similar story. I rolled red a year ago and I'm not doing too bad myself. But don't take my word for it:

[Tue Feb 09 23:23:38 2016] Beastagor says out of character, 'yeah veemoda though despite being the best geared cleric on the server is easily one of the worst players on the server'

im gonna go get the paper, get the paper.

Rization
02-10-2016, 07:59 PM
If you're in oasis area later I'll pl you on my druid, same for any other low level players out there

Won't turn that down rofl. Name?
Thanks for the other info guys. I really appreciate it. Now to decide what we each want to play lol.

Fame
02-10-2016, 08:03 PM
I'll be on in ~2.5 hours from now, message Romeo

bring friends if ya can for bonus exp

Rization
02-10-2016, 08:10 PM
Yea I'll have my one buddy for sure!

vouss
02-10-2016, 08:13 PM
Don't bother rolling here you will just get PK'd by twinks at every turn for months on end with no one to play with other then eachother

barrettdc1
02-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Don't bother rolling here you will just get PK'd by twinks at every turn for months on end with no one to play with other then eachother

Not even remotely true. Shut the fuck up.

miraclegrow2
02-10-2016, 08:37 PM
i think you were a great clr veemoda

Bionic
02-10-2016, 08:41 PM

But this (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2188674#post2188674)...
i raided in the top guild on blue for a year, transferred hundreds of thousands of blue to red, started at lvl 1 with BiS, got to 46 and joined Empire instantly (colgate was in dreadlands when i dinged). I raided all the content on blue and red at the same time for months before giving up blue entirely and now the best geared player on red.

success story

Wut?

iruinedyourday
02-10-2016, 08:49 PM

just log in, dont give one shit about your gear, find group mates in ooc and have the time of your fucking life the way you remembered EQ.

then when you get to 45+ start giving a shit about gear and politics and stuff.

Try to avoid pvp deaths by zone plugging for 5-10 min.. you wont care about pvp death early on but later on when you realise all those YT's are tracked youll regret just eating them in the face cus u thought they meant nothing.

thats right fags i just told this newbie to plug

PLUG

PLUGING RULES

I LOVE TEH BUTT PLUG

Bazia
02-10-2016, 08:49 PM
level with ur friend really fast with barely any problems till level 46ish when u start needing better zones

proceed to get farmed and griefed by alts until u quit

good luk

Greenie
02-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Coming from Blue myself, I'd say go for it. There are plenty of nice people on the server to help you start out.

Thunder dome is a great leveling guild for starters. This guild also helps newbies out with gear and starter money as well.

Even though I started out fresh on this server with no help until like my mid 20s I still had a blast starting all over. I was afraid their was going to be nothing but asshole and rude people. I was surprisingly wrong on that assumption and 95% of the people I encountered were very nice. Even people I pvp'd against we would chat afterward and have a laugh.

I will also help you both out with some starter money for spells and what not. So just send a tell to any of my character names in my sig and I'll gladly help you out.

iruinedyourday
02-10-2016, 08:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vlF1kg0.jpg

starting fresh is the best, hunted that shield myself FELT GOOG

Uuruk
02-10-2016, 09:35 PM
I like this worship guy

iruinedyourday
02-10-2016, 09:37 PM
lov u2 bb

Fame
02-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Yea I'll have my one buddy for sure!

whats your in game name? I'm in oasison my drood right now, afk a few to smoke but I'm there

Kevynne
02-11-2016, 03:03 AM
AFAIK (may not be true anymore)
there is a scaling xp that scales from 100(at 1) to 0(at 60), a grouping bonus (believe it's higher the more people are in group), and a flat 150% xp bonus.
if you play right/have no job or life you can do 1-60 easily in a week

Kergan
02-11-2016, 05:52 AM
The flat bonus was reduced but group bonus increased, don't think anything scales anymore. Something like a flat 50% plus 40% per group member.

filthyphil
02-11-2016, 10:18 AM
How is it any different than picking up any PVP game for the first time and getting shit on by people who've played for years? You will literally outlevel supertwinks in the 1-30 range in a single night. There is more hand holding, gear giveaways, free plvling and people leveling up their own supertwink alts who are more than happy to invite any warm body for the xp bonus on this server than any one in the history of EQ.

Because any other game there is more than 1 option to progress yourself end-game. Sure you can out lvl those twinks 1-30! But can you devote 40 hours a week to EverQuest to be in the only guild capable of getting you those BIS Pixels that are required to PvP?

HippoNipple
02-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Because any other game there is more than 1 option to progress yourself end-game. Sure you can out lvl those twinks 1-30! But can you devote 40 hours a week to EverQuest to be in the only guild capable of getting you those BIS Pixels that are required to PvP?

The pvp guilds that don't raid much at all have the best PvP records. If you want to join Empire and raid you can do it a couple nights a week by putting in 6-9 hours. I have never heard of a classic type server that required less work than Red99 to level and gear up at end game. Blue is a good example of a server where you need to put in way more hours at end game to get any gear.

filthyphil
02-11-2016, 11:14 AM
The pvp guilds that don't raid much at all have the best PvP records. If you want to join Empire and raid you can do it a couple nights a week by putting in 6-9 hours. I have never heard of a classic type server that required less work than Red99 to level and gear up at end game. Blue is a good example of a server where you need to put in way more hours at end game to get any gear.

I would rather not play at all than play with nerds. And if by PvP records you mean K/D's that doesn't mean shit, maybe if you couldn't plug it would.

Kergan
02-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Nobody cares if you play

filthyphil
02-11-2016, 11:40 AM
Nobody cares if you live or die.

Rization
02-11-2016, 01:24 PM
whats your in game name? I'm in oasison my drood right now, afk a few to smoke but I'm there

I think we just missed you last night. We hopped off near 1015 or so. Maybe we can hook up tonight!

easy_lee
02-11-2016, 01:38 PM
I would rather not play at all than play with nerds. And if by PvP records you mean K/D's that doesn't mean shit, maybe if you couldn't plug it would.

Too bad k/d is the only reason to PvP at all here. Zerg raiding nets you better gear for less effort, with no risk of ever losing it and with LnS and plugging and other stupid rules to protect you.

Until PvP is actually worth something more than epeen, most people will just zerg raid and bitch about everyone who inconveniences then.

HippoNipple
02-11-2016, 03:44 PM

So you want BiS pixels in EQ without raiding with nerds? I'm pretty sure the entire community would rather play with a nerd than a retard, so you might be out of luck even if you wanted to join.

easy_lee
02-11-2016, 05:09 PM
roll a cleric or druid as your first class

Any non-melee is fine. Druids are easiest because ports, SoW, and heals. Wizards are easiest to PvP with because shields and nukes. Magicians and necromancers and shamans are easy to level. Enchanters are squishy but always in high demand. Clerics are boring but always in high demand.

But even if you want to play a melee only, Rag started here as a wood elf rogue with nothing during the height of kunark, and he did fine. Right now, this server is all about just not giving up before your opponent does. Death doesn't mean anything, just run back in and keep at it. If the gankers / other groups get bored and leave, you win.