PDA

View Full Version : Removing Blue-Red trading killed this server

Widan
02-10-2016, 07:23 AM
People definitely would have transferred here after the sleeper was woken, but no one wants to start from scratch after they already put a bunch of time in on blue. Is it really that hard to monitor cross server trades?

There's seriously no new people joining anymore, when population was low-mid 300's we had a rotating door of blue people trying out red, some of whom stuck around. There was no risk for them because if they didn't like it they could just transfer their wealth back to blue. Since cross server trades were removed in October population has decline to like 160 prime time when there are no raids going on, and it's only getting worse.

Jazzy
02-10-2016, 07:44 AM
Empire has enough members already.

90% of blue converts join the top guild**

It is the mentality.

This does not fix the server.

**as proven in the studies of Red99 by Professor Smedy

Kevynne
02-10-2016, 07:45 AM

90% of blue converts join the top guild. It is the mentality.

not true at all

anyways, i never saw the issue with cross server trading

Xaanka
02-10-2016, 09:07 AM
People definitely would have transferred here after the sleeper was woken, but no one wants to start from scratch after they already put a bunch of time in on blue. Is it really that hard to monitor cross server trades?

More people on blue just need to see the light and realize that with or without cross server xfers, all the progress and time they've invested in blue may as well be piss worthless because of things like

General Raid Rules

1. GM Decisions are Final and may not be publicly called into question by players. Doing so may result in a Ban. [1]
2. First To Engage Message is to be respected at all times.
The FTE Message is broadcast when the first person appears on the threat list. This message must be respected absolutely. Any stalling, kiting, etc. must be recorded and submitted to the GMs for review. At no time may players make a decision that a target is being kited or stalled and take that target. Source:
In Response to BDA Petition 12/10/2013
"Respect the FTE message at all times. If you think someone is breaking the rules, fraps the event and petition." DUREBAEL

3. You may petition in game and if a staff member is available we will be more than happy to show up and evaluate the situation as it occurs. If a staff member is unavailable then please feel free to submit your petition under petitions/exploits on the forums at www.project1999.org. please be sure to include all relevant fraps & screenshots that you feel build your case. Players are not permitted to take the law into their own hands. You are not batman and two wrongs do not make a right, therefore killstealing or general douchebaggery are not permitted under any circumstances. ever.
4.A mob is classified as engaged as long as it has aggro on at least one player.
4. What rules pertain to raid mobs that are triggered spawns? If a raid mob is triggered to spawn by killing a single mob before it (Example: Statue -> Idol -> Avatar of War), the guild that spawned the mob has 20 minutes to engage it. The mob is open to any other guild on a first to engage basis once the first guild has either wiped or not engaged within the time limit.
5. What about raid mobs that are spawned by a combination of other mobs? A: In the case of a raid mob that is spawned by clearing an area (Example: Azarack Island in Plane of Sky), the guild that did the clearing has the same consideration as above; That is, 20 Minutes to engage and 1 attempt. In the case of multiple guilds contributing significantly to the spawn of the mob, the mob is first to engage by any of those guilds. Just a reminder: If the first guild fails to kill the mob on their first attempt or fails to engage within 20 minutes of the mob's spawntime, the mob's ownership is determind based on the first guild to engage at that point.
6. What about a raid mob being indefinitely kited or occupied? A: It is against server policy to indefinitely kite, or otherwise keep occupied, a raid mob without intention of bringing it to your raid camp. You either bring it to your raid, die, or zone out. Obvious stall-kiting of a raid mob, especially in situations to prevent engagement by another guild, will result in disciplinary actions against the kiter's account, and possibly their raid/guild leadership.
7. Will the planes be open to everyone? A: Yes. Please be respectful to your fellow players and respect their space. If there is a guild getting ready to raid Hate for some armor and they start pulling creatures, don't go up there and sit on top of them pulling mobs in their area as well. If Guild A is doing Hate, then perhaps Guild B should be doing Fear. Basically, don't be a douche bag.
8. What if our raid is disrupted? What if our raid interferes with another raid? A: You may petition in game and if a staff member is available we will be more than happy to show up and evaluate the situation as it occurs. If a staff member is unavailable then please feel free to submit your petition under petitions/exploits on the forums at www.project1999.org. please be sure to include all relevant fraps & screenshots that you feel build your case. Players are not permitted to take the law into their own hands. You are not batman and two wrongs do not make a right, therefore killstealing or general douchebaggery are not permitted under any circumstances. ever.
9. How do we report another raid training or KSing? A: It is the responsibility of the accusers to provide evidence that they were trained. Fraps works. Certain screenshots work. We strongly suggest that you have someone watching your back. Please have only one person, preferably an officer, gather all the required information, and post it in the petition forum. We do not like an entire guild petitioning about the same thing, and doing so will result in the situation being ignored.
Encounter Specific Rules

Plane of Sky
Rotation: There is currently a weekly rotation of guilds who raid sky. See the following threads for up to date info: [2]
Protector of Sky
Noble Dojorn
Gorgalosk
Keeper of Souls
The Spiroc Lord
Bazzt Zzzt
Sister of the Spire
The Hand of Veeshan
Eye of Veeshan
Hate / Fear
Maestro of Rancor
Dracoliche
Innoruuk
Cazic Thule
Master Yael
Venril Sathir - Venril Sathir may only be pulled into the larger room adjacent to his spawn point, no further.[3]
Chardok Royals
Dragons
Lord Nagafen
Lady Vox
Faydedar
Severilous
Talendor
Gorenaire
Trakanon
Veeshan's Peak
GMs no longer allow training and kill-stealing in VP [4].
During the period of Dec 20 to Jan 3 there is an agreement by some guilds not to train in VP.
Silverwing
Nexona
Phara Dar
Druushk
Xygoz
Hoshkar

like ya you're starting from scratch on red, but every day you're not playing on red is another day you're wasting not making progress on red, the actual good server to play on™ whether you're a pvper or not.

plus that raid scene LOL if you thought <Friends> and <Casual Scum> were fighting over scraps u should see the blue scene.

cronik
02-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Oh look the daily thread on some arbitrary reason why the server pop is down.

Maybe people just aren't interested in playing an established pvp box on a fairly punishing 25 year old game.

Smedy
02-10-2016, 10:44 AM
not true at all

anyways, i never saw the issue with cross server trading

argues case not true, never seen issue with cross server trading

meanwhile

all cross server trade people either joined empire or rmt'd the fuck out of the box

pretty sure there was a problem, gm's took care of it.

pras rogean technologies.

Jazzy
02-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Dayum, forum K.O

MEDIC

Samoht
02-10-2016, 11:48 AM
It's not the removal of cross-trading killing r99. If anything, cross-trading only sustained it longer than it would have.

It's the griefing and trolling and other abuses going on here that make people log out and never log back in.

Philipangoo
02-10-2016, 12:07 PM
lol pop is the same as it was when we had cross server trading. Red hovers around double digits, sometimes breaks the 3 digit barrier.

fan D
02-10-2016, 12:10 PM
i raided in the top guild on blue for a year, transferred hundreds of thousands of blue to red, started at lvl 1 with BiS, got to 46 and joined Empire instantly (colgate was in dreadlands when i dinged). I raided all the content on blue and red at the same time for months before giving up blue entirely and now the best geared player on red.

success story

Guido
02-10-2016, 12:17 PM
blue to red shouldn't be allowed

they are completely diff servers - and the fact that it was allowed at a point really messes with the server economy

so ya

cheers

Telron
02-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Blue to Red xfers would def boost the pop. Not sure its a deal breaker but a lot of people did and would play if it was not in a torn cloth tunic / fine steel.

Best part is they might come over and make a guild and you might for a little bit at least see some pvp going on in CB, MM, Unrest, Guk, etc.

Redi
02-10-2016, 12:32 PM
They blocked it to make it easier for the weirdo that does "undercover" rmt trades to stop some 10 person black market in an emulated game a fraction of a percent of people give a shit about.

Priorities.

krazyGlue
02-10-2016, 12:34 PM
They blocked it to make it easier for the weirdo that does "undercover" rmt trades to stop some 10 person black market in an emulated game a fraction of a percent of people give a shit about.

Priorities.

Reported for bashing staff + voted no

EatitNerd
02-10-2016, 12:38 PM

90% of blue converts join the top guild**

It is the mentality.

**as proven in the studies of Red99 by Professor Smedy

Lol empire raids with 70-80, blue raiding with much more, for one thing. Secondly, blue converts were the ones most likely NOT to join Empire until their leadership straight up abandoned them, and most still didn't (they'd rather just stop playing red I guess). You realize there's only like 8-10 TMO on Empire roster right? Typical fucking fresh retard who only plays at 4 am 2 days a month thinks he knows shit.

EatitNerd
02-10-2016, 12:38 PM

Priorities.

Who? Exed/Quil?

Samsung
02-10-2016, 12:47 PM

Priorities.

Rettiwalk has a point. They went the duck tape route to avoid having to deal with rmt. In the end it hurt Red99. A server is only as good as it's staff. To many questionable decisions have been made.

derpcake
02-10-2016, 12:51 PM
it was done to discourage people from investing hard on red, which would result in a lot of tears when the wipe is announced

wildly guessing there will be a 1 time transfer from red to blue allowed upon wipe, since prices on items are higher on red anyway, red doesn't have much of a pop left and even less of an economy ..

discord should have launched, thinking the GG thing got stuff pushed back, but in the end banning red <-> blue trades seems like a first step for a final solution

anyway, i hope this is all tinfoil, but given the state of the server, support, and rules changes, i sure as fuck can't find the motivation anymore

Rettiwalk has a point. They went the duck tape route to avoid having to deal with rmt. In the end it hurt Red99. A server is only as good as it's staff. To many questionable decisions have been made.

i would rather play on a 600 pop box with some RMT, then on a 120 player box with slightly less RMT

prolly just me

also lol at "ducktape", nearly looks like freudian slip there ;)

Efwan
02-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Can definitely agree that it's probably hurting red, because wasn't it allowed for quite a long time and then all of a sudden it stopped after tmo? Not saying tmo is to blame but I guess maybe too many red flags at once?

Doctor Jeff
02-10-2016, 01:08 PM
also lol at "ducktape", nearly looks like freudian slip there ;)

It's a very common brand of duct tape in america.

derpcake
02-10-2016, 01:13 PM
It's a very common brand of duct tape in america.

well its less funny now :(

thx for the info tho, r99 has educational value! (inb4 "if you retarded / euro")

Jazzy
02-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Lol empire raids with 70-80, blue raiding with much more, for one thing. Secondly, blue converts were the ones most likely NOT to join Empire until their leadership straight up abandoned them, and most still didn't (they'd rather just stop playing red I guess). You realize there's only like 8-10 TMO on Empire roster right? Typical fucking fresh retard who only plays at 4 am 2 days a month thinks he knows shit.

well that was easy :)

my work here is done awww yiss

go back to Taken on blue fatty :) :)

derpcake
02-10-2016, 01:58 PM
when people get griefed out through FQ, noone wins

at least do it ingame if you have to

miraclegrow2
02-10-2016, 02:18 PM
i raided in the top guild on blue for a year, transferred hundreds of thousands of blue to red, started at lvl 1 with BiS, got to 46 and joined Empire instantly (colgate was in dreadlands when i dinged). I raided all the content on blue and red at the same time for months before giving up blue entirely and now the best geared player on red.

success story

this kid never had a job in his whole life

Splade
02-10-2016, 02:35 PM
It's not the removal of cross-trading killing r99. If anything, cross-trading only sustained it longer than it would have.

It's the griefing and trolling and other abuses going on here that make people log out and never log back in.

This is why I pretty much quit r99 and went to blue

SamwiseRed
02-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Cross server trading was retarded. Good riddance.

Sirban
02-10-2016, 03:54 PM
I think removing cross-server xfers is on the same line as removing buff timers

derpcake
02-10-2016, 04:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AopGXalVkCU

it doesn't have subtitles but the lyrics are prolly too harsh for you guys anyway

derpcake
02-10-2016, 04:21 PM
if you like it i'll post more of my work

derpcake
02-10-2016, 04:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdofwuogzO0

was inspired by the indian kids movie

great promo stuff

Kevynne
02-11-2016, 03:49 AM
Blue to Red xfers would def boost the pop. Not sure its a deal breaker but a lot of people did and would play if it was not in a torn cloth tunic / fine steel.

Best part is they might come over and make a guild and you might for a little bit at least see some pvp going on in CB, MM, Unrest, Guk, etc.

Gwynraven
02-11-2016, 06:54 AM
Allow Xfer of chars , charge 10 bucks , enjoy your pinacollada

Kergan
02-11-2016, 08:12 AM
I guess people missed the first time around when a bunch of blue players came to red, got steamrolled and then bailed.

Probably should start looking elsewhere for people.

Genedin
02-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Remember that time those dudes shit up the forums about how they would own the server and all the vets just laughed quietly to themselves.

SamwiseRed
02-11-2016, 11:59 AM
ye holo did that in classic and nilly crushed em.