PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Hide wearing off after a few minutes?

Dentalplan
12-05-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure if this is intended, but hide sometimes seems to not work after 10 minutes or so on a successful hide. Pretty sure hide should work indefinitely as long as you don't move or use any abilities.

Lazortag
12-05-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure if this is intended, but hide sometimes seems to not work after 10 minutes or so on a successful hide. Pretty sure hide should work indefinitely as long as you don't move or use any abilities.

I've never experienced this. Sometimes I go AFK for hours at seafuries while hiding and medding on my stupid bard.

Dentalplan
12-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Specifically I'm sitting in Guk and waiting on spawns, and after ten minutes or so hide just stops working. It doesn't give a worn off message or anything, in fact the button is still down. Things just suddenly are able to see you.

warrioman
12-05-2010, 06:46 PM
I've noticed this too. Another weird issue is one time I randomly got Selo's speed when using jboots from hide.

Lazortag
12-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Specifically I'm sitting in Guk and waiting on spawns, and after ten minutes or so hide just stops working. It doesn't give a worn off message or anything, in fact the button is still down. Things just suddenly are able to see you.

Maybe some mobs see through hide?

Dentalplan
12-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Maybe some mobs see through hide?
I tried targeting the same mob I used to confirm hide was successful in the first place and he could see me. It's not this.

Aadill
12-05-2010, 07:35 PM
I've never experienced this, either. I've hidden right in view of kos mobs and never been attacked. I know levitation or people bumping you can cause you to lose hide because your position moves. In some cases Hide will break for that reason, but that causes the button to become available again.

Azzbad
12-05-2010, 07:40 PM
also happens to me, same situation in guk.

froglock slave goes from KoS to indiff, come back and its KoS again.

maya
12-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Are you levitating?

Uthgaard
12-10-2010, 09:17 AM
What races, classes are the people who are experiencing it? The people who arent? Hide skill?

Trystych
12-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Hide has only ever broken for me while levitating, I suspect you had DMF up when this occurred. There is push that can occur from other players running into/past you while they are scouting guk if you are levitating, which will break hide.

It broke for me once while using DMF and never without. DE Necro.

Aadill
12-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Human Ranger - only broke with lev/dmf being on me. I didn't even need someone else to brush past me, because upon alt tabbing it broke (the FPS of the client drops and the bob slowed to a crawl). I've sat for 12 or so hours with hide never breaking, no lev.

Lazortag
12-10-2010, 12:24 PM
What races, classes are the people who are experiencing it? The people who arent? Hide skill?

My hide skill is 40 (max for a half elf Bard I think) and I've had it stick for hours in a row, never had it break unexpectedly.

eriamjh
12-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Losing an illusion like wolf form can also break hide. I've seen it happen twice and it feels like it has something to do with the client lagging just as you fall back to the ground. Perhaps being on a partially sloped surface when you drop exacerbates it.

Winobot
12-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Happened to me at some point last night as well. Hid, checked various mobs around me in lower guk (all indifferent). No lev or anything. Checked a few hours later, a spawn was near me but still indifferent (ghoul wizard). Finally came back a few hours later and was dead. No message indicating hide fell, just said a ghoul wiz started meleeing me.

Wood elf druid - will check hide skill when I get home if its still relevant!

Kvappe
12-17-2010, 03:20 AM
Iwe had monsters see me sometimes even tho both hide/sneak was succesfull, 50 rogue with max skill 200hide 200sneak, should rarely be seen, i do think how ever that one of the times was in SolB a bat saw me, that was after i went though the trap right before Bnb. no dammage was taken, but was still in hide sneak mode, had see invis up at the time, the bad conned Indiff. but after sneaking by they still attacked.

Shadze