PDA

View Full Version : Server Won't Change By Itself

easy_lee
02-05-2016, 03:37 PM
"You guys might not realize this, but R99 has pretty much always been a 2 team server. Team_Zerg vs Team_OtherGuys. Just plug n play guild names as needed." - Sirken, 2015

This is a message to the administration as much as the general player base. This server's community and endgame will not change by itself. It never has.

Consider the Red players, all of whom want good boss loot. The quickest way to get that loot is to form the smallest possible group that can kill the boss, kill any other teams trying to get it, then take the loot. Let's call that the best case scenario. However, you need the best team.

The slowest way to get that loot is never. If you don't have the best team, or even a good one, you'll never get boss loot. Let's call that the worst case scenario.

Here's option three: form a larger group, much larger than you actually need to complete the content. Gather up all of the worst players you can find, people for whom the worst case scenario is the only option. Then zerg the place, and distribute the loot as best you can. Over time, everyone will have at least some loot. Let's call that the PvE scenario: the boring one.

Option three has been the dominant option for years. Players who are bad at PvP control the loot because, knowing they suck at PvP, they group up to cover for their bad play. Furthermore, the server's PvE rules and PnP protect the zerg.

Can't train them
Can't loot them
Can't violate FTE
Can't AoE them due to resists
Can't bind camp them
Can't cause EXP death or otherwise knock their levels down
Can't heal, dispell, or otherwise assist the boss
Cant even stop them from plugging or calling LnS

Server isn't going to change on its own. The zerg will always return because most people on Red aren't actually good at PvP. It's only ever a matter of time before they group up and zerg for the safety and security that brings.

This is why we need item loot back and no more server rules or /petition.

Mus3t11
02-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Holly Longdale.

kernal
02-05-2016, 03:41 PM
server is dead just move on

grannock
02-05-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm better than everyone else at pvp so i need GM intervention to regain controll of the pvp box.

Smedy has a place for you in <denial>.

Fame
02-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Yeah, its pretty hard tryin to change things lol we've seen a couple of remarkable efforts take place over the years and they never seem to work out. At best, we get a surge for a few months and then it dies out. There are a lot of contributing factors but I think its also just the nature of EQ.

I was kicking around a idea for a weekly guild-neutral pvpish event that could also serve as a prime time for new players to join and exp but that wont be for another couple of months if the server is even still goin by then.

I agree though, it's up to the community. With a little effort and cooperation we could take one day a week to have fun and develop advertising videos to draw more players in. I'd say our biggest obstacle for new recruits is telling them the truth about what to expect. We need to start lying to them to at least get them invested to the point where they don't feel good about leaving.

Slowride
02-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Nor will it..
Find a few pals you like playing with.. Do what you can with what ya got.
If ya like to play for pixels join the zerg and get in line, if you like to play for fun join the other guilds.

Lasher
02-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Im in 99% no drop gear. I vote for classic style item loot

fan D
02-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Nor will it..
Find a few pals you like playing with.. Do what you can with what ya got.
If ya like to play for pixels join the zerg and get in line, if you like to play for fun join the other guilds.

i play in the zerg and have a gr8 day everytime i log into teamspeak or game

Redi
02-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Rogean Technologies

Slowride
02-05-2016, 04:01 PM
i play in the zerg and have a gr8 day everytime i log into teamspeak or game

Happy for ya pal..

I ain't mad at ya for playing the game the way you wanna play it..

I mean it does have effects on the server but I am still having a good time. I attempt to pvp the zerg and enjoy it.

fan D
02-05-2016, 04:14 PM
i am a bully ill admit it, sometimes i pick on yawl 2 much, im aggressive on the battle field especially if its near tov

Jazzy
02-05-2016, 04:23 PM
too much crying on forums

if you dont like r99 then leave, simple as that bros

play the game with your pals. we can all pras that right?

Huelath
02-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Here's option three: form a larger group, much larger than you actually need to complete the content.

what defines "enough you actually need to complete the content." ??

don't know why i'm responding to this epic troll but if you think the hardest raid mob in velious can be killed with 40 people i will personally donate however many warriors/clerics/rogues you need to achieve 40 and the attempt.

Jettison
02-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Fact of the matter is that you need to have a guild this large to kill things like AoW and do the 10th Ring War. That's literally all there is to it... call it a zerg all you want but those two things would not happen if Empire were any smaller than it is right now. Most of the other targets can definitely be done with 40 less, no one is questioning this.

One of two things really need to happen:

A) A large guild gets bored with blue (I don't know how they aren't already?) and comes over here to do a better job the TMO and building and competing.

B) The devs make the content that I just spoke about doable with 40 and limit guild sizes. This option may not work as you could just bring two guilds to do shit, but MAYBE they would fight and pvp when not raiding.

With option A I know for a fact that the Empire leadership would help them get started. Some of the members would look at them as easy prey and grief them, but if they have the balls to do it, Empire would help them get started.

To be honest I'd be 100% okay with bringing over bluebies via character transfer that have already maxed out on blue and want to try their hand at PvP without restarting. Hell, bring a whole guild over!

snufzaimoverlord
02-05-2016, 04:32 PM
"You guys might not realize this, but R99 has pretty much always been a 2 team server. Team_Zerg vs Team_OtherGuys. Just plug n play guild names as needed." - Sirken, 2015

This is a message to the administration as much as the general player base. This server's community and endgame will not change by itself. It never has.

Consider the Red players, all of whom want good boss loot. The quickest way to get that loot is to form the smallest possible group that can kill the boss, kill any other teams trying to get it, then take the loot. Let's call that the best case scenario. However, you need the best team.

The slowest way to get that loot is never. If you don't have the best team, or even a good one, you'll never get boss loot. Let's call that the worst case scenario.

Here's option three: form a larger group, much larger than you actually need to complete the content. Gather up all of the worst players you can find, people for whom the worst case scenario is the only option. Then zerg the place, and distribute the loot as best you can. Over time, everyone will have at least some loot. Let's call that the PvE scenario: the boring one.

Option three has been the dominant option for years. Players who are bad at PvP control the loot because, knowing they suck at PvP, they group up to cover for their bad play. Furthermore, the server's PvE rules and PnP protect the zerg.

Can't train them
Can't loot them
Can't violate FTE
Can't bind camp them

Server isn't going to change on its own. The zerg will always return because most people on Red aren't actually good at PvP. It's only ever a matter of time before they group up and zerg for the safety and security that brings.

We definitely need more SKs on this server.

easy_lee
02-05-2016, 06:02 PM
We definitely need more SKs on this server.

Probably, but death doesn't mean much when bluebies can just LnS and plug.

AzzarTheGod
02-05-2016, 06:12 PM
death doesn't mean much

O I C.

meet the leaderboard.

easy_lee
02-05-2016, 06:17 PM
O I C.

meet the leaderboard.

Bluebies don't care about the leaderboard because it has no actual impact on play. They just want pixels and server firsts.

Samsung
02-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Would love for blue to bring a guild over to compete. They would have a lot of support and players joining them.

Colgate
02-05-2016, 07:25 PM
i luv these kinds of threads

it's always the people who have no idea for what number of players some of this content is designed that try to preach about how the server is ruined by "over recuiting"

TacoSmasher
02-05-2016, 07:29 PM

Can't train them
Can't loot them
Can't violate FTE
Can't bind camp them

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227676
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226641
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224981
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224914

http://i.imgur.com/GonZc7l.png

easy_lee
02-05-2016, 07:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GonZc7l.png
Low Testosterone and Your Relationship (http://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/low-testosterone-guide/low-testosterone-and-your-relationship/)

Baugi
02-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Fact of the matter is that you need to have a guild this large to kill things like AoW and do the 10th Ring War. That's literally all there is to it... call it a zerg all you want but those two things would not happen if Empire were any smaller than it is right now. Most of the other targets can definitely be done with 40 less, no one is questioning this.

This.

Empire is running with roughly the same numbers blue guilds do. Blue has multiple endgame guilds because once you reach critical mass (i.e. bringing 200 instead of 100), elitists either downsize or start to break off for a better chance at loot.

(Btw, you still only need ~1 organized group to disrupt these raids. From what I've seen "Team_OtherGuys" just lack the numbers/dedication to do so consistently. Why would they bother if their only motivation is the leaderboard?)

If you want more endgame competition, the obvious solution is to increase the server population. The server population stays consistently low because people generally move on if they get griefed too often and because griefing becomes easier when there are more active new players (it's essentially a self-balancing ecosystem).

If you want to increase the population, you need to decrease the frequency of griefing. I think the only good way to do so is to disincentivize it. The question then becomes, "why do people grief?". You could argue that they're bored due to lack of content, but you'd be demonstrably wrong. Most of these players never bothered to do much if any of Velious. The answer is that it's not really griefing. They get rewarding by the global kill message, the shit-talk in ooc afterwards, and the leaderboard. These perverse incentives were never part of classic and they're why the community has degraded to the state it's in.

derpcake
02-05-2016, 07:55 PM
OP is complaining about pop and seems to be advocating item loot along with trains

have you applied at SoE? i hear they hire talent

Tradesonred
02-05-2016, 08:07 PM
OP is complaining about pop and seems to be advocating item loot

Server is shit because staff seemed to have take feedback like this seriously

Anyhow, time to move on, me first, nothings fixing this giant shit show

Akalakamelee
02-05-2016, 08:08 PM
I agree with item loot, disagreed with training.

Item loot for R99 in 2016

Miku for GM 2016

Xaanka
02-05-2016, 08:20 PM

it's always the people who have no idea for what number of players some of this content is designed that try to preach about how the server is ruined by "over recuiting"

i killed avatar of war with 30 people in 1997 and i remember my 3rd grade teacher's name ms nielson

Bionic
02-05-2016, 08:45 PM

Hey, take it easy there, Scamp.

The adults are talkin' here. Why don't you go back to your room and play that game you love so much, huh kiddo? K, yep, love you too buddy.

Kergan
02-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Hey, take it easy there, Scamp.

The adults are talkin' here. Why don't you go back to your room and play that game you love so much, huh kiddo? K, yep, love you too buddy.

This was a really weird and angry post.

vouss
02-05-2016, 11:51 PM
wahhhhh

Drakaris
02-06-2016, 12:34 AM
I train, strip accounts and am toxic as hell; I'm doing the very same thing I criticised nihilum for doing years on end because I'm such a tool

Couldn't have said it better myself pal!

Colgate
02-06-2016, 12:44 AM
free as a bird

fan D
02-06-2016, 12:48 AM
free
as
a
bird

Xaanka
02-06-2016, 12:52 AM
dam good post drakar u really got him by the balls with that 1

Drakaris
02-06-2016, 12:56 AM
I'm free too and so is this emu, what's your point?

TheBiznessTZ
02-06-2016, 01:00 AM
pity reply

Sear
02-06-2016, 01:41 AM
There's no inevitable solitary zerg guild if players are split at character select based on race/deity/whatever (hardcoded teams).

I don't think item loot, or lack thereof, has anything to do with this. I'm a fan, but that's not going to affect how people group under FFA conditions. It's too severe for casual players anyway and would drop the population.

Gardur
02-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Would not want to be in TS with random players who happen to like dorfs.

Doctor Jeff
02-06-2016, 11:37 AM
The server won't change until everyone on it decides to play for fun.

Rekrul
02-06-2016, 11:41 AM
I think a good start would be for all the angry and bitter former players to stop shit talking the server in every thread and move on with their lives.

beta
02-06-2016, 11:54 AM
too much crying on forums

if you dont like r99 then leave, simple as that bros

play the game with your pals. we can all pras that right?

Utanven
02-06-2016, 12:03 PM
I'm better than everyone else at pvp so i need GM intervention to regain controll of the pvp box.

Smedy has a place for you in <denial>.

Does this guy realize that is exactly how his guild was formed? Must be trollin.....

The entire rest of the server does not have the numbers to compete. It's been tried, empire brought 130 people (yes from 1 guild) and they still recruit in OOC daily.

They also train on throwaway accounts (Colgate finally got suspended for training with kidfire) to prevent any progression by other small crews

GMs should take a look before it gets progressively worse. Population struggling bad recently... I'm suprised they let it get this bad (again)

Kergan
02-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Does this guy realize that is exactly how his guild was formed? Must be trollin.....

The entire rest of the server does not have the numbers to compete. It's been tried, empire brought 130 people (yes from 1 guild) and they still recruit in OOC daily.

They also train on throwaway accounts (Colgate finally got suspended for training with kidfire) to prevent any progression by other small crews

GMs should take a look before it gets progressively worse. Population struggling bad recently... I'm suprised they let it get this bad (again)

I get what you're saying, but technically Azrael was given the top spot by GM intervention then Holo steamrolled them a few months later.

snufzaimoverlord
02-06-2016, 12:26 PM

Nice butterbrain. The Empire vs GG Karnors fight was 90 Empire vs 130 GG, we can re hash this up and post screenies if you want.

You idiots keep bringing up competing, we raid 4 days a week, and leave up roughly half the velious mobs every week, do you need to go toe to toe with us during our 3 hour mon-thurs primetime to kill these?

You guys would rather have 30 people sit around in TS and bitch about the server then log on and attempt to kill something.

Doctor Jeff
02-06-2016, 12:30 PM
You guys would rather have 30 people sit around in TS and bitch about the server then log on and attempt to kill something.

For real. This is my #1 gripe on this server. Everyone wants to sit around and talk about what we might be able to do for an hour and then take 2 hours to get 24 people together and then they are still surprised when it's getting late and people have to log off.

Thats why, when I want to log in, I just farm and show all my plat to enig in a trade window.

miraclegrow2
02-06-2016, 01:27 PM
the server is exactly how people want it.

Mus3t11
02-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Only Holly Longdale and DBG Legal Office can save y'all now.

Tassador
02-06-2016, 01:53 PM
I'm free too and so is this emu, what's your point?

I think the point is Colgate never got suspended for cheating/warp hacking. Going to need gm proof that you were setup or forever hax will be incorporated with the name skar...

Gardur
02-06-2016, 02:46 PM
The problem with the server are all the people that bitch about problems and do nothing about them.

Lookin at u FQ...

Though this is largely due to the extreme time requirements to build/train/compete etc.

Be a part of the solution

CS crootin

Gotze
02-06-2016, 03:01 PM
For real. This is my #1 gripe on this server. Everyone wants to sit around and talk about what we might be able to do for an hour and then take 2 hours to get 24 people together and then they are still surprised when it's getting late and people have to log off.

Thats why, when I want to log in, I just farm and show all my plat to enig in a trade window.

Sometimes you hit accept to progress my Everquest sickness even further

krazyGlue
02-06-2016, 03:32 PM

There is not 1 fight in velious that requires 90-110 . But I am glad to see empire is starting to kick people out . Maybe things will change in 6 months

Uuruk
02-06-2016, 03:41 PM
There is not 1 fight in velious that requires 90-110 . But I am glad to see empire is starting to kick people out . Maybe things will change in 6 months

Yeah should be down to about 25 people in 6 months

krazyGlue
02-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Yeah should be down to about 25 people in 6 months

Weird I never seen you in game . Who are you ?

Uuruk
02-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Weird I never seen you in game . Who are you ?

Cutter

fan D
02-06-2016, 03:58 PM
i ran into krazy the other day
http://i.imgur.com/DjdaRUK.png

Uuruk
02-06-2016, 04:05 PM
THERE WERE 3 OF EM.

Lol fucking loser

krazyGlue
02-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Cutter ? Still don't know who you are sorry

Colgate
02-06-2016, 05:38 PM

thank you for proving my point

Uuruk
02-06-2016, 05:51 PM
THERE WERE 3 OF EM.

Lol fucking loser

FAPhoenix
02-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Lots of interesting points in this thread. In particular I like:

1) Bring a full blue guild over (if they want to), characters, loot, and all if they want to. Give them 3 months and if they hate it let them go back.

2) The Other Guild needs to work together. I know Friends, Slosh, and CS have tried pick-up teams to contest but even between CS/Friends we've been unable to make even numbers to empire....usually about 25% fewer. Part of this is because some people can't get over shit, the other part is just size and participation rates. To contest these guilds need to being 85% of their members, Empire can field the same squad with 50% participation.

3) Weirdly immersed people joining and 'spying' on the resistance. The resistance does it too, bit everyone knows Empires schedule. This is just something I don't get....just weird.

TLDR summary: We in the resistance need to work better to take on Empire. The server needs more people (bring a ready made blue guild over). Weirdly immersed people need to play the game for fun not for life.

easy_lee
02-06-2016, 10:54 PM
TLDR summary: We in the resistance need to work better to take on Empire. The server needs more people (bring a ready made blue guild over). Weirdly immersed people need to play the game for fun not for life.

The issue is that the people on the server haven't really changed. Sure, there's fewer of us than there used to be. But the basic breakdown of player types and psychologies hasn't changed. And we're not much different from any other MMO in that regard.

If more people are going to join, there needs to be reason for them to join. In the case of EQ PvP, that reason comes from the fact that EQ PvP is different from any other MMO. We aren't fighting for honor or PvP points or any of that stuff. Here, we're fighting for the right to play the endgame at all. The right to be the group who kills the boss and takes the loot.

But people won't fight if they're better off working together. That's the basic issue with PvP as the server is now. Item loot and the removal of crappy rules would fix that by ensuring that even a group of five can seriously hinder a group of fifty, if the larger group can't handle them.

Xaanka
02-06-2016, 10:56 PM

ya, if every single player is a hypernerd warrior, cleric, or rogue and all buffs + slow + tash + etc are camped over by rogue players with solid states (not classic) you could clear velious with lower numbers, but its still not time efficient compared to just bringing more people & splitting loot thinner ya feelers?

velious was mostly designed for abt 70 players for the endgame raiding. ud know this if you ever played live.

krazyGlue
02-06-2016, 11:00 PM
70? The. Why field 110 ? That's 40 extra

Colgate
02-06-2016, 11:15 PM
give me a screenshot of empire ever having 110 people on a raid and i'll blow my brains out on a live stream

krazyGlue
02-06-2016, 11:20 PM
give me a screenshot of empire ever having 110 people on a raid and i'll blow my brains out on a live stream

Are you even old enuff to own a gun ?

Efwan
02-06-2016, 11:27 PM

Lol u dumb? Ring wars done with ~70, aow/vulak nights we have bout 80. Sorry you have no friends to raid with.

Mus3t11
02-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Too many unemployed.
Too many failing college students.
Too many people with failed marriages due to pixel brain rot.

Red99

Xaanka
02-07-2016, 12:00 AM

have u ever considered its beneficial to take more than the bare minimum force you need to clear content, in order to ensure things run quickly & smoothly every week? but ya 70's what's allowed in the instanced velious raids on the live progression servers. which are easier than red for various reasons (item recharges etc)

tunare/sontalak/etc kills used to regularly field 100-150+ on ayonae ro/xegony velious era live. you can do it with less on blue because p99 is easier than live + everyone knows game mechanics better 17 years later (ch sword recharges etc) but back then thats what was standard for those encounters. velious was a big guild raiding xpak. if u want to raid with 10 mans you should look into warcraft.

Aesop
02-07-2016, 12:09 AM
I really did enjoy the smaller content WoW offered at that point, 10 man dungeons were fun.

LFM 10 man ToV.

TheBiznessTZ
02-07-2016, 12:50 AM

we barely had 100 on launch and that was like "critical mass" of everyone logging on / coming back from break.

Uuruk
02-07-2016, 12:52 AM
KrazyGay is approaching critical levels of retard.

Samsung
02-07-2016, 12:56 AM
have u ever considered its beneficial to take more than the bare minimum force you need to clear content, in order to ensure things run quickly & smoothly every week? but ya 70's what's allowed in the instanced velious raids on the live progression servers. which are easier than red for various reasons (item recharges etc)

tunare/sontalak/etc kills used to regularly field 100-150+ on ayonae ro/xegony velious era live. you can do it with less on blue because p99 is easier than live + everyone knows game mechanics better 17 years later (ch sword recharges etc) but back then thats what was standard for those encounters. velious was a big guild raiding xpak. if u want to raid with 10 mans you should look into warcraft.

This 110%

krazyGlue
02-07-2016, 02:58 AM
The weasel in full effect swinging from them nuts

bolo
02-07-2016, 04:20 AM
just move on

TheBiznessTZ
02-07-2016, 04:25 AM

Looking forward to the next thread where is he bashing empire then the next thread after that he's back on his knees.

Stasis01
02-07-2016, 09:31 AM
It's safe to say after this many years in Red will never change and just be a PVE progression server with small scale random PVP.

You'd need to set up a box differently to encourage it to be about PVP (yearly wipes to make poopsocking pointless, less gear to obtain so the playing field is more even, boxing etc)

I have a feeling FFA has something to do with this also and this is exactly how Rallos Zek played out and why all the other Zek players make fun of them for being essentially a blue server.

Samsung
02-07-2016, 09:32 AM

Anime is my good friend from TMO. Also he's 100% right.

Slathar
02-07-2016, 09:32 AM
It's safe to say after this many years in Red will never change and just be a PVE progression server with small scale random PVP.

You'd need to set up a box differently to encourage it to be about PVP (yearly wipes to make poopsocking pointless, less gear to obtain so the playing field is more even, boxing etc)

I have a feeling FFA has something to do with this also and this is exactly how Rallos Zek played out and why all the other Zek players make fun of them for being essentially a blue server.

^

proud member of every Zerg pve progression guild ever created on red

Stasis01
02-07-2016, 09:34 AM
Well there was 2, and I spent a year in your guild doing nothing.

Stasis01
02-07-2016, 09:36 AM
I think if it was hardcoded teams you'd have a group that would stay loyal to an underdog team, because they have met friends, don't want to reroll, enjoy the underdog fight etc.

On Red those guys don't exist because they see how awful slathar and Friends are and just app Nihi/Empire.

Slathar
02-07-2016, 09:37 AM
hoho nerve struck. Stasis proud 3 year member of Nihilum with 90% RA

Samsung
02-07-2016, 09:37 AM
I think if it was hardcoded teams you'd have a group that would stay loyal to an underdog team, because they have met friends, don't want to reroll, enjoy the underdog fight etc.

On Red those guys don't exist because they see how awful slathar and Friends are and just app Nihi/Empire.

Friends really isn't an option here for most player's.

heartbrand
02-07-2016, 09:39 AM
People don't mind joining an underdog to build and contest but when your charter is we don't want to contest you probably aren't going to attract anyone

Stasis01
02-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Even in Azrael when we tried to contest people jumped ship constantly, I think with a teams rule set people would stick it out, and your team mates would be friendlier to you because they haven't been burned a million times by people taking the gear you got them and joining the enemy.

Eventually you just stop helping people like where Friends is at, they know the work they put in will just jump ship after a loss or two which is how FFA works.

No nerves struck Slath I honestly don't think you guys are that noob and it's the servers fault even though you've never contested once in Velious and Kunark was just loss after loss to Nizzar.

filthyphil
02-07-2016, 11:55 AM
Wipe it clean, Teams 2020, etc etc..

Your server sucks.

hammbone
02-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Server isn't going to change on its own.

server isn't going to change, period.

snufzaimoverlord
02-07-2016, 12:23 PM
Hey pals lets completely recode a game because we lost.

There is 0 way to fix EQ to be "fair", there will always be a way to gain an unfair advantage over your opponents and leverage it to stay on top.

Tassador
02-07-2016, 01:06 PM
server isn't going to change, period.

neither is the ratio of females to males driving audi6.

Nirgon
02-07-2016, 01:50 PM
thread tl;dr : Sektor ain't going away

vouss
02-07-2016, 02:28 PM
god damn I love everquest

Efwan
02-07-2016, 02:42 PM
People don't mind joining an underdog to build and contest but when your charter is we don't want to contest you probably aren't going to attract anyone

Stasis01
02-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Hey pals lets completely recode a game because we lost.

There is 0 way to fix EQ to be "fair", there will always be a way to gain an unfair advantage over your opponents and leverage it to stay on top.

You would recode the game because classic Everquest FFA leads to PVE progression with 1 guild based off waiting in line and raid attendance.

And that's lame.

Colgate
02-07-2016, 07:18 PM
i don't understand the obsession with changing a game that's clearly designed a certain way

why not just go play another game that is actually designed around PvP or whatever these people are looking for

Stasis01
02-07-2016, 07:22 PM
I think the way each PVP server played out differently and this is why I wasn't a fan of Rallos Zek.

Has nothing to do with EQ as a game.

I dunno I'm not hating Empire for doing the proper thing on Red99 just that it's a shitty box IMO obv others will like this style if that's your thing.

hammbone
02-07-2016, 07:30 PM
item loot (remove no drop) is literally the only way to balance things out.

Sub-uber guilds will have to PvP their way into better gear; uber guilds will have to raid their way into better gear. Those unorganized or unwilling to use teamwork will see their 'precious' slowly stripped away.

iiNGloriouS
02-07-2016, 07:53 PM
If all the people who msged me bout playing casually after retiring for a bit would actually just want to play one day a week and throw down, even that would be enough for great fights for CS friends and empire.

All it takes is a lil bit of a shakeup boys.

Xaanka
02-07-2016, 07:56 PM
i don't understand the obsession with changing a game that's clearly designed a certain way

why not just go play another game that is actually designed around PvP or whatever these people are looking for

ever notice how all those posts are made by people who burned out or were griefed off the server?

Buhbuh
02-07-2016, 08:09 PM

A) A large guild gets bored with blue (I don't know how they aren't already?) and comes over here to do a better job the TMO and building and competing.

B) The devs make the content that I just spoke about doable with 40 and limit guild sizes. This option may not work as you could just bring two guilds to do shit, but MAYBE they would fight and pvp when not raiding.

With option A I know for a fact that the Empire leadership would help them get started. Some of the members would look at them as easy prey and grief them, but if they have the balls to do it, Empire would help them get started.

nope

=)

Xaanka
02-07-2016, 08:17 PM
nope

=)

you're wrong tho. the last time that happened, when tmo came to red, empire actually helped them out a lot at first. players like jeremy etc joining and powerleveling characters and teaching players p99's pvp mechanics, pretty sure empire just outright gave tiggles stuff like myro bp's and fungis for free etc. it wasn't until members of their leadership started posting things like "we will crush empire 1 month into velious" while the majority of the guild was still in the bear pits, that things changed.

people like to rewrite history tho and a lot of people in both empire and tmo probably aren't aware of how much empire helped tmo red in its infancy.

Buhbuh
02-07-2016, 08:21 PM
yes

i'm painfully unaware of what happened in that period of time

could you please go into more detail

filthyphil
02-07-2016, 08:22 PM
ever notice how all those posts are made by people who burned out or were griefed off the server?

Name 1 person posting here that has been "griefed" off the server. If by grief you mean locking them out of raid content by not guilding them so long that they just quit the game sure, but PVP? Ya right.

Baugi
02-07-2016, 08:28 PM
If all the people who msged me bout playing casually after retiring for a bit would actually just want to play one day a week and throw down, even that would be enough for great fights for CS friends and empire.

All it takes is a lil bit of a shakeup boys.

If I can only play one day a week, it doesn't make much sense to spend it trying to disrupt the guys who play four days a week.

Drakaris
02-07-2016, 08:29 PM
you're wrong tho. the last time that happened, when tmo came to red, empire actually helped them out a lot at first. players like jeremy etc joining and powerleveling characters and teaching players p99's pvp mechanics, pretty sure empire just outright gave tiggles stuff like myro bp's and fungis for free etc. it wasn't until members of their leadership started posting things like "we will crush empire 1 month into velious" while the majority of the guild was still in the bear pits, that things changed.

people like to rewrite history tho and a lot of people in both empire and tmo probably aren't aware of how much empire helped tmo red in its infancy.

And cross server trades where soon after outlawed as it was being used to disguise the transfer of out of game currencies.

yes

i'm painfully unaware of what happened in that period of time

could you please go into more detail

I'm sure you know more than most people on this box. Would totes sell my soul to see kind of logs you have access to.

Xaanka
02-07-2016, 08:39 PM
all im saying is if a blue guild wanted to come over to red all they would really have to do to get their feet off the ground, is wait until they were level 60 and could field a raid force before shit talking the #1 guild on the server.

with blue xfers gone though, it'll never happen. too many players are afraid of giving up their progress on the boring & bad server to start fresh on the cool&fun server (red)

Efwan
02-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Name 1 person posting here that has been "griefed" off the server. If by grief you mean locking them out of raid content by not guilding them so long that they just quit the game sure, but PVP? Ya right.

They quit because someone didn't play with them or wouldn't let them play? That's the pure definition of griefed off the server, like the OP.

Xaanka
02-07-2016, 08:44 PM

thats the definition of being griefed off the server tho

Buhbuh
02-07-2016, 08:48 PM
so players shouldn't threaten a guild 4x their size with leaders that are the only capable personalities on the server of maintaining something that large

what an illuminating thought

you've enriched the conversation, and with something never echoed before until today

i think things will change now

Xaanka
02-07-2016, 08:56 PM
ya it's pretty much captain obvious tier stuff but for whatever reason it seems to go above the heads of the majority of our playerbase, as evidence by the resistance being in shambles on a constant basis

SamwiseRed
02-07-2016, 08:56 PM
For some people, not playing everquest 19 hours a day is grief. this is why people think that taking a break or moving on to a different game is being griefed off.

or drugs.

Xaanka
02-07-2016, 08:59 PM
For some people, not playing everquest 19 hours a day is grief. this is why people think that taking a break or moving on to a different game is being griefed off.

or drugs.

there's no shame in quitting or moving on to a different game, if you don't keep posting on the forums acting invested in a game you don't play months/years later.

Doors
02-07-2016, 09:06 PM
server is dead just move on

SamwiseRed
02-07-2016, 09:11 PM
i just like the forums, more entertaining than the game most of the time :P

Xaanka
02-07-2016, 09:21 PM
that wasn't directed at u just a general observation

Doctor Jeff
02-07-2016, 10:14 PM
If I can only play one day a week, it doesn't make much sense to spend it trying to disrupt the guys who play four days a week.

iiNGloriouS
02-07-2016, 11:35 PM

Start something with that momentum? People will come back, if you wanna play one day a week to pvp whats wrong with that? If you think its fucked then don't play and bitch more about it.

Most people are done because of the state of the server. Its stale. Euro time is when I play mostly now and pops like 30-45 down from 100-125 about a month ago

krazyGlue
02-07-2016, 11:46 PM
Server sucks . Pm me your account info before you quit

Drakaris
02-08-2016, 12:49 AM

or drugs.

Pretty much, don't have time to spend on this game trying to grow the community considering how toxic and hypocritical guild leaders are on this box (looking at Empire).

Contemplating playing some classic WoW on Nostralgus or whatever it is... Who would have thought a pvp box has 3-4 times the population of the PVE box...

Doors
02-08-2016, 01:10 AM
toxic and hypocritical guild leaders are on this box (looking at Empire).

Totally thought you were talking about some other guild thanks for putting Empire in parenthesis for us.

hammbone
02-08-2016, 01:12 AM
Totally thought you were talking about some other guild thanks for putting Empire in parenthesis for us.

yeah, me too. Thanks for the clarification.

iiNGloriouS
02-08-2016, 01:26 AM
Drakar pushing buttons yet?

Tameth
02-08-2016, 01:46 AM

the burgers get flipped

SamwiseRed
02-08-2016, 01:51 AM
i lurk in the shadows of non raiding lands. that guy that just hailed you, yea that was me. that half naked elf struggling to kill a wisp, that was me too. i do not grief. i do not twink. i just do stuff.

do not fuck with me.

Doctor Jeff
02-08-2016, 02:16 AM
Start something with that momentum? People will come back, if you wanna play one day a week to pvp whats wrong with that? If you think its fucked then don't play and bitch more about it..

I think you are missing the point of what he said, and what I quoted. The game is MASSIVE and there is TONS of fun stuff to do. So much that if you have limited play time, you can not possibly do it all. Therefore, a time consuming mass pvp can be fun, but its not what you want every time you log on. People are here not ONLY to help the server, but to also have as much fun as possible in the allotted time.

For example, I log on once or twice a week for 45 minutes to an hour at a time and every time I log in I do something different based on what would be most fun for me in that moment.

snufzaimoverlord
02-08-2016, 03:42 AM
I mean, forumquest is hilarious. People say they want a server a certain way, or want pvp, but it's all talk.

We had a great opportunity for a fight today at KC, it was very even numbers, around 30v30, and yet no fight happened. You guys delayed way too long, we killed VS, then zoned out to fight, and you instantly left.

We thought you guys ported to try to block vp... but no, the entire force just, logged off and left.

I mean, we won't get a better chance than that for a fairly large scale pvp, and it wasn't empire that stopped it from happening.

Jazzy
02-08-2016, 05:39 AM
iirc we slew several warmbodies who were late to the raid

In all seriousness, zoning in would have been suicide as you are well aware :)

Stasis01
02-08-2016, 05:59 AM
Usually it's suicide for one of the sides, they try a few times and then log off.

Holo has been there I don't know why you think this is different because you are on the giving side.

They are better off laying low and picking off Kunark mobs and Velious mobs you don't care about because all the hardcores radiate to one guild, you just lead the neckbeards now.

Turns out to be a very blue ruleset.

AzzarTheGod
02-08-2016, 06:10 AM
we barely had 100 on launch and that was like "critical mass" of everyone logging on / coming back from break.

Followed by critical burnout.

Drakaris
02-08-2016, 06:51 AM

Nah greengrocer's button was big enough to cause epic shockwaves. I'm not here to push buttons, but am merely here to talk about what them buttons do. The community can only fix itself, starting from the very top.

I had my guild flushed down the toilet due to a corrupt person looking for juicy accounts. I gave the server the benefit of the doubt only to uncover more dirt in the process. I'm done here until something changes for the better.

I mean shits a joke. I've been posting about stasis training for months and it took him being caught by Eunomia to get suspended. Check his post out under the TMO thread, Empire shits on this server and laughs about it.

Xaanka
02-08-2016, 07:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0XX51b9.gif
http://i.imgur.com/FmbF9j7.gif
http://i.imgur.com/q0vDnHh.gif
http://i.imgur.com/jZqTLub.gif

Drakaris
02-08-2016, 07:49 AM

Was gonna edit my post and replace it with "don't care" but now I can't edit it :(

Oh well.

Uuruk
02-08-2016, 08:10 AM

derpcake
02-08-2016, 08:34 AM
Was gonna edit my post and replace it with "don't care" but now I can't edit it :(

Oh well.

have to agree man, people posting (bragging) about breaking rules, but staff doesn't act

guess blue is their focus, understandable since red has no future ahead

events on r99 along with a lack of support are a blemish on the p1999 project

gonna kek when the next r99 nerd goes macequest and DBG closes blue and red down over it :p

hurt
02-08-2016, 08:36 AM
Start something with that momentum? People will come back, if you wanna play one day a week to pvp whats wrong with that? If you think its fucked then don't play and bitch more about it.

Most people are done because of the state of the server. Its stale. Euro time is when I play mostly now and pops like 30-45 down from 100-125 about a month ago

Come to the dark side...

http://i.imgur.com/ZqJCi28.jpg

krazyGlue
02-08-2016, 08:47 AM
Wow sucks . And that's a shitty server

Jazzy
02-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Wind nooooo

hurt
02-08-2016, 09:04 AM
Shrug. I'm playing here with a bunch of rl pals and I'm having a blast.

Sooooo much pvp.

derpcake
02-08-2016, 09:04 AM

it doesn't have you on the upside

Jazzy
02-08-2016, 09:40 AM
There is a sombre mood around Kelethin

WIND - always in our hearts

hurt
02-08-2016, 09:47 AM
Jazzy, khun ma len nostalrius kub. Sanook jang leu! Jazzy su su

Uuruk
02-08-2016, 09:49 AM
If you play nost at that time it's only a matter of time before you start typing in Chinese.

MasterCaster
02-08-2016, 10:06 AM
Croot and contest like a man!

SamwiseRed
02-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Croot and contest like a man!

i dont remember you doing either but then again i have no idea who you are.

Uuruk
02-08-2016, 10:10 AM
i dont remember you doing either but then again i have no idea who you are.

Great post Sam. Really contributed to the thread.

Drakaris
02-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Yup gonna play nostalrius. . . Looks good!

Colgate
02-08-2016, 04:28 PM
world of warcraft is a good fit for you, drakar

as far as i know, you can't manipulate a bug in the client to trick people into thinking you're running in a direction that you're not

Drakaris
02-08-2016, 04:34 PM

as far as i know, you can't manipulate a bug in the client to trick people into thinking you're running in a direction that you're not

You mean I don't start disconnecting from the server when there are more than 40 people pvping at the same time?

It's ok the pvp servers there have a low server pop because pvp servers are less popular. . . Oh wait it's the opposite!

Tassador
02-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Skar suspended for warp hacking is a fact. I didn't want to believe it but it's true. I also heard rumors of his so called wife or 3 year old playing a afk shaman. But that's just rumored.

Drakaris
02-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Skar suspended for warp hacking is a fact. I didn't want to believe it but it's true. I also heard rumors of his so called wife or 3 year old playing a afk shaman. But that's just rumored.

They haven't touched either p99 red or blue in like a year. My son turned 6 and plays Star Wars battlefront with me, but let's pretend that a game where most classes only need to stand in 1 spot and press 1 of 8 spell gems is harder than an fps with multiple items and abilities.

This douchebag community is the reason why you are playing on a low pop emu.

Uuruk
02-08-2016, 05:00 PM
They haven't touched either p99 red or blue in like a year. My son turned 6 and plays Star Wars battlefront with me, but let's pretend that a game where most classes only need to stand in 1 spot and press 1 of 8 spell gems is harder than an fps with multiple items and abilities.

And you're posting on a low pop emu forums? Next level down syndrome here folks.

Drakaris
02-08-2016, 05:04 PM
And you're posting on a low pop emu forums? Next level down syndrome here folks.

I love classic EQ pvp. That's all there is to it, provide another classic pvp server maybe even an official one and I'll be there.

Fael
02-08-2016, 05:19 PM
One guild domination is classic Everquest. Embrace the nostalgia.

Tassador
02-08-2016, 05:28 PM

I actually hate the blue shitty pop on red, can't wait to login into 17 players and farm seb.

Drakaris
02-08-2016, 05:35 PM
One guild domination is classic Everquest. Embrace the nostalgia.

Sullon Zek back in the day had multiple tiers of raiding guilds until the population nose-dived some time after Luclin.

Kergan
02-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Sullon Zek was probably the most single guild dominated server in EQ history. Possibly even worse than this box. The only reason there was any competition in Velious was because the server just opened, and even that was short lived.

Xaanka
02-08-2016, 06:28 PM

Tomm Selleck
02-08-2016, 06:32 PM

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8

Stasis01
02-08-2016, 06:40 PM
I don't think teams would change the dominant guild part of EQ although it works better for them in an FFA setting due to being able to recruit from anyone.

I just think teams would create a more fun environment for the second best team. People would be more trusting since they can't turn on them without rerolling, you would be hardcoded allies, not someone you've killed a few times scammed once etc etc trying to be your current new guild mate.

It's just set out who you fuck over and who you help and makes it a lot better mainly for the second team, #1 in FFA does fine, #2 has NO chance as proven by classic Rallos, and fucken years of Red99.

Chronoburn
02-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Sullon Zek was probably the most single guild dominated server in EQ history. Possibly even worse than this box. The only reason there was any competition in Velious was because the server just opened, and even that was short lived.

This was true but a no rules environment made it interesting at least.

filthyphil
02-08-2016, 07:49 PM
I don't think teams would change the dominant guild part of EQ although it works better for them in an FFA setting due to being able to recruit from anyone.

I just think teams would create a more fun environment for the second best team. People would be more trusting since they can't turn on them without rerolling, you would be hardcoded allies, not someone you've killed a few times scammed once etc etc trying to be your current new guild mate.

It's just set out who you fuck over and who you help and makes it a lot better mainly for the second team, #1 in FFA does fine, #2 has NO chance as proven by classic Rallos, and fucken years of Red99.

Everything you just said, & I'll add; what teams would do is INCLUDE all the casuals. As it stands now you literally need to go through a background check and fill out applications to progress 56+. If we had teams, it would be to your mutual benefit to befriend and group as many of your team as possible in order to progress them and strengthen YOUR team. Making the server much more inviting to solo and casual players. I rarely login at this point because there is NOTHING I can do to progress my toon any further without joining a guild of warm bodies.

Ragnaros
02-08-2016, 08:18 PM
Everquest servers will never be fun because you have people like colgate who are literal beta rejects irl that have to take it out on people in elf sim by recruiting everyone and playing 19 hours a day

a server with constant wipes or seasons would be fun though

Drakaris
02-08-2016, 08:18 PM
Everything you just said, & I'll add; what teams would do is INCLUDE all the casuals. As it stands now you literally need to go through a background check and fill out applications to progress 56+. If we had teams, it would be to your mutual benefit to befriend and group as many of your team as possible in order to progress them and strengthen YOUR team. Making the server much more inviting to solo and casual players. I rarely login at this point because there is NOTHING I can do to progress my toon any further without joining a guild of warm bodies.

The answer is simple... merge red into blue and release teams... DONE

Kevynne
02-08-2016, 11:22 PM

Can't train them
Can't loot them
Can't violate FTE
Can't bind camp them

he is prety much 100% correct. Not gonna lie i'm pretty garbo at pvp and this is accurate

Uuruk
02-08-2016, 11:40 PM
Everquest servers will never be fun because you have people like colgate who are literal beta rejects irl that have to take it out on people in elf sim by recruiting everyone and playing 19 hours a day

a server with constant wipes or seasons would be fun though

Rag sounding super butt hurt in this post. Everything ok pal?

Colgate
02-08-2016, 11:44 PM
my video game clan's success causes ragnaros mental anguish

thanks for validating it

:^)

Xaanka
02-08-2016, 11:48 PM
nobody's forcing you to play on here ragnaros, hell nobody wants you to play on here

Biaxil
02-09-2016, 04:57 PM

To be honest I'd be 100% okay with bringing over bluebies via character transfer that have already maxed out on blue and want to try their hand at PvP without restarting. Hell, bring a whole guild over!

I said something like that a long time ago. If they lowered the hp of raid mobs by a significant factor, so that it didn't take that many people to kill a mob, there would be no reason for half the server to be in one guild. That way you could have several guilds even with a 250 server pop. Otherwise, there is now way around the zerg on EQ. This isn't the hayday of VZTZ.

easy_lee
02-09-2016, 06:15 PM
I knew Rag in-game when he started. Cool guy. He leveled a gearless rogue with a shitty race choice up from nothing here, during the height of kunark when twink Rogues, SKs, and people like Romeo and Imawizard ganked all the time. He wanted to PvP.

Now, he catches shit from a lot of people for wanting to PvP and contest shit instead of wanting to zerg. Someone with better gear bows him down and you guys circle jerk in the forums for days. I think some of you need to look in a mirror from time to time.

heartbrand
02-09-2016, 06:16 PM
ya man the way someone plays an emulated 17 year old video game is a reason to "look into the mirror"

easy_lee
02-09-2016, 06:18 PM
ya man the way someone plays an emulated 17 year old video game is a reason to "look into the mirror"

Nascar evasive maneuvers.

Ragnaros
02-09-2016, 06:21 PM
yea im shaking in anger right now because someone with a 13 year old girl body frame has ntov loot and i dont
what will i do

Uuruk
02-09-2016, 06:25 PM
yea im shaking in anger right now because someone with a 13 year old girl body frame has ntov loot and i dont
what will i do

Post on the boards complaining?

AzzarTheGod
02-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Good thread. Good posts.

what will i do

You sayin u aren't?

Xaanka
02-09-2016, 06:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/71fFUDp.jpg

FAPhoenix
02-09-2016, 07:18 PM
what will i do

I like Rag, and I also like this quote. +1 for making it worth FQing today.

billyinorganic
02-09-2016, 08:54 PM
The server actually will change by itself.

Burn out leads to nobodies becoming somebodies.

Eq fame dies quick.

Re roll and level up one char a week like me to sell for irl money for their use in rmt shenanigans

miraclegrow2
02-09-2016, 09:06 PM
I said a long time ago it will be sweet 2 years after velious when power losers burn out, the first thing I did when I left empire was joined fresh.

Best part of MMO gaming is casual players are fun as hell to hang with, I had big hopes for fresh.

Server is exactly how people want it to be, when all you have is gaming winning becomes everything and thus the zerg guild is created

I heard how deathly afraid of contesting empire was, and even if they wanted mass pvp the server cant handle it, its practically in a walmart datacenter.