PDA

View Full Version : Trackball

Feanol
02-05-2016, 06:28 AM
As of 2013 two major companies produce consumer trackballs, Logitech and Kensington, although Logitech has narrowed its product line to two models. Other smaller companies occasionally offer a trackball in their product line. Microsoft produced popular models including The Microsoft Trackball Explorer, but has since discontinued all of its products.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trackball

I use a Kensington (http://www.kensington.com/us/us/4493/k72352us/orbit-wireless-mobile-trackball#.VrR5KFRdVe4) actually. Zero wrist flopping, flawless control. Operating on Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com/) Linux distro 12.04 LTS using a Windows architecture emulator called Q4Wine (http://sourceforge.net/projects/q4wine/). Any other folks using unconventional computers or interfaces?

Open-Source Love. The Devs feel me I'm sure. Pras Red.

surron
02-05-2016, 08:36 AM
yea i use a similar one, control it with index and middle finger. absolutely awesome for EQ and FPS. ill wreck anyone in pvp with it how else you think i got 38-5 with a scarab bp at lvl 56 holler

Jazzy
02-05-2016, 08:51 AM
I use an xbox controller and write eq fan fiction to boot

Genedin
02-05-2016, 12:22 PM
I am playing on a TI-83+

SamwiseRed
02-05-2016, 12:33 PM
u can use a mouse with eq?

fuck

easy_lee
02-05-2016, 01:46 PM
I bought one of the original servers in an auction and installed windows 98. That's right; I play EQ on a toaster.

Chronoburn
02-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Trackball is unusual and horrible. Running Ubuntu is common.

Feanol
02-05-2016, 11:58 PM
I am playing on a TI-83+

That's impressive.

I bought one of the original servers in an auction and installed windows 98. That's right; I play EQ on a toaster.

An original Everquest server? Won at auction? 98 aside that is serious cred.

Baugi
02-06-2016, 06:21 AM
Ubuntu Linux distro 12.04 LTS using a Windows architecture emulator called Q4Wine (http://sourceforge.net/projects/q4wine/)

using a Windows architecture emulator called Q4Wine (http://sourceforge.net/projects/q4wine/)

a Windows architecture emulator

emulator

Wine Is Not an Emulator you pleb.

Also, update your distro.

Gardur
02-06-2016, 11:22 AM
yea i use a similar one, control it with index and middle finger. absolutely awesome for EQ and FPS. ill wreck anyone in pvp with it how else you think i got 38-5 with a scarab bp at lvl 56 holler

I know how, hue hue.

You comin back BB?

Doctor Jeff
02-06-2016, 11:30 AM
I play EQ with an Intuos Pro Large that I got from work for photoshop. That why I can only play at my house or at work. A mouse for EQ would be so foreign to me that I couldn't play.

disenchant
02-06-2016, 11:37 AM
I play EQ with an Intuos Pro Large that I got from work for photoshop. That why I can only play at my house or at work. A mouse for EQ would be so foreign to me that I couldn't play.

Because the most common HID for PC's for more than 35 years is so complicated...
I feel like what you said is a... hyperbole? Yes, yes it is.

Doctor Jeff
02-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Because the most common HID for PC's for more than 35 years is so complicated...
I feel like what you said is a... hyperbole? Yes, yes it is.

? that tablet is for a mac, moran. You can play EQ on macs. I use macs for video editing and photoshop at work.

disenchant
02-06-2016, 11:52 AM
? that tablet is for a mac, moran. You can play EQ on macs. I use macs for video editing and photoshop at work.

Big whoop douche, you stated out right that you couldn't use a mouse to play a simple game, who's the moron? LOL!

Doctor Jeff
02-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Big whoop douche, you stated out right that you couldn't use a mouse to play a simple game, who's the moron? LOL!

Are you trying to backtrack calling me a liar when you were just being silly?

I said that I am so used to using the tablet that a mouse would be foreign.

But wait, it's impossible for me to use a tablet to play, right? Right?

Choose a fucking side.

disenchant
02-06-2016, 12:00 PM
You're right, I'm sorry, though you misquoted yourself.

Doctor Jeff
02-06-2016, 12:02 PM
You're right, I'm sorry, though you misquoted yourself.

Wrong again, I simply did not wholly quote myself. Here you go, in case you can't remember 5 minutes ago or scroll up.

Btw, have you chosen a side yet? Am I dumb for prefering my tablet or am I dumb because its impossible for me to own one?

disenchant
02-06-2016, 12:23 PM
I apologize and you troll me for it, good job buddy ol' pal!

Kergan
02-06-2016, 12:26 PM
The correct answer is you are dumb for preferring a tablet.

Feanol
02-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Wine Is Not an Emulator you pleb.

Also, update your distro.

I was waiting for someone to say that!

I feel the word "emulator" makes it a simpler concept even though I know it's technically incorrect. What would you call WINE? A Simulator? An OS? A dairy cow? What is the right term in your opinion?

And yes, I know 12.04 is pretty dusty at this point but it's so stable for the few things I run on this machine I'm hesitant to update. Updates mean re-installations and re-configurations and the chance one of my other crusty 90's games will be unplayable. Has happened before.

I also miss the old the old GNOME desktop, this new side-bar centrist GUI from the last few releases and all the hidden files and folders left a bad taste in my mouth. Not interetsted in starting new with a KDE environment even though I've heard interesting things.

I like old things it appears. What am I... some sort slave of nostalgia? =D

Xaanka
02-07-2016, 12:29 AM
cringing

Doctor Jeff
02-07-2016, 12:31 AM
I was waiting for someone to say that!

I feel the word "emulator" makes it a simpler concept even though I know it's technically incorrect. What would you call WINE? A Simulator? An OS? A dairy cow? What is the right term in your opinion?
I would call wine an executable wrapper or simply a wrapper. Or a wrappist. wait.. no, you and I would be the wrappists.

Sirban
02-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Wit?

Sear
02-07-2016, 05:51 PM
I use a modified touchpad that is controlled with the greasy tendrils of my neckbeard + AmigaOS

SamwiseRed
02-07-2016, 07:28 PM
I tried a trackball a long time ago. Maybe I should give it another shot but it seems like it would gimp the shit out of you in gaming.

Nyrod
02-08-2016, 04:37 AM
load into TS Curunol one of these days

Bile