PDA

View Full Version : An Honest Question

McDurp
02-04-2016, 10:26 PM
So I started on p1999 a few weeks ago on blue after a 14 year stint from EQ. I was on Tallon Zek on live back in the day and had stints with <Pandemonium> and <FoH> so I prefer red. I chose blue due to the higher population but I find myself missing the feeling of sneaking up and backstabbing a sitting caster and having my whip proc blind on them while I tear their ass a new one.

In all honesty from all my read brethren, how is it to start completely over in newbie gear on red?

Semmysosa
02-05-2016, 12:29 AM
I am about to do it. Wanna hang out? Just so it's not an issue later, I smoke blunts.

Akalakamelee
02-05-2016, 12:31 AM
So I started on p1999 a few weeks ago on blue after a 14 year stint from EQ. I was on Tallon Zek on live back in the day and had stints with <Pandemonium> and <FoH> so I prefer red. I chose blue due to the higher population but I find myself missing the feeling of sneaking up and backstabbing a sitting caster and having my whip proc blind on them while I tear their ass a new one.

In all honesty from all my read brethren, how is it to start completely over in newbie gear on red?

Its not easy, but very worth it. I won't go into my exp spots on the forums, but I will say think outside the box. If you want some tips, or maybe a port or something msg Miku in game. Btw, original RZ flower and current flower on R99. Glad to help ya bud.

HippoNipple
02-05-2016, 12:35 AM
There is one path if you want groups and it is the only path that will have PKs/twinks.

CB, Unrest, MM, CoM

If you want to avoid all PvP just don't go to those places and if you need groups create them on your own through /ooc (which is global on red) and don't advertise where you are headed.

Akalakamelee
02-05-2016, 12:42 AM
Honestly, I would rather solo (provided it's actually possible with your class) then go to those places. CB is completely avoidable since any class can grind in better places with limited difficulty and get past that range.
Just don't pick something that is far too hard to solo till the mid 20s on, chances are you'll have a few pals by then.

fan D
02-05-2016, 01:07 AM
cb, unrest, mm, solb/com are the best exp spots, but has all the pk'ers too. group EXP is so massive here if you get a good pond group in MM youll do 20-26 in a few hours, an hour a level at most. You can get an hour a level till lvl 40-44 in mistmoore with the bonus here.

make your own groups, spam ooc but dont put out the location

let me know on fandango if u need any help wit port or anything and i may be able to do somethin

Drakaris
02-05-2016, 01:21 AM
I miss Dalnir... very tempted to roll a new toon just to level up in Dalnir with a pug... :P

Colgate
02-05-2016, 02:11 AM
would advise making something that can solo and farm up some money to fund your melee

enchanter, druid, shaman, necromancer all good choices

Telron
02-05-2016, 02:13 AM
Good luck.

unleashedd
02-05-2016, 02:35 AM
i recommend red. tried on blue, and while the community is huge, the exp grind is slow. and im not a teenager with hours of free time. go red, rocket thru low lvls, start backstabbing players ;)

McDurp
02-05-2016, 02:38 AM
Real quick...I'm quite drunk so I didnt search properly...is there a rule set for p99red anywhere to be found? like XP bonus and differences from blue?

....again sorry drunk,, going to bed and will read in the morning. :)

iruinedyourday
02-05-2016, 03:02 AM
Definitely a funner albeit smaller community

speedis
02-05-2016, 05:39 AM
I started fresh on red. Its 100x better with the xp bonus. PVP is still great fun when your in the mood. Im just about to hit lvl 50 and im still wearing leather and cloth. Makes it so much sweeter when I get away from a PKer who has mountains of plat worth of gear. That feeling you cant get on an overcamped blue server

georgie
02-05-2016, 05:57 AM
Don't waste your time, there's better time spent elsewhere

Colgate
02-05-2016, 06:06 AM
above poster logs in every single day

georgie
02-05-2016, 06:11 AM
Just k

Fame
02-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Very easy to get started on red, I would look into a few of the getting started guides on the forums if you're a bit rusty, the basics - don't carry large sums of plat, bind /who to a movement key ect.

iruinedyourday
02-05-2016, 03:09 PM
above poster logs in every single day

lal

FAPhoenix
02-07-2016, 12:29 PM
Started naked and unguilded a year ago on red as a caster. Most fun I've had on a game in years...nothing can compare to EQ PvP. The stakes just feel higher. The corpse run, possibly shaming yourself with an LNS call...missing a raid or group because your corpse is camped and you refuse to LNS...

All worth it. You will also enjoy rags on rags PvP if you stay unguilded. It can be fun.