PDA

View Full Version : New to Red

CantuMachine
01-31-2016, 07:45 PM
Am I making a mistake by rolling a wizard on p99, I would be leveling mostly solo because of real life commitments.. I know Verant, and SOE, really didn't make them super exciting to play back in the early expansions because of lackluster damage/mana ratios.. Do they struggle on p99 as much as I remember back in the Kunark days?

Jettison
01-31-2016, 07:46 PM
You'll have some downtime for sure, but you can do it man. Looking forward to seeing you blast fools with Ice Comet in CoM when you hit 49!

Akalakamelee
02-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Get yourself some C2 or find a bard pal with clarity song. It'll make it easier.

Immer
02-01-2016, 11:31 AM
If you are leveling near qeynos, my pal and I recently started and would love some more company. We rolled ranger and pally. I know that is not ideal but we get by. Plus the exp is so fast I do not think you need traditional groups to come up.

Videri
02-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Wizard is probably a great choice. You can exp solo, though slowly, by just blowing mobs up then medding semi-afk; and later by quadding. I'd recommend grouping when you can, though, as the exp will be much faster.

I do recommend being religiously careful (aka paranoid) about AFKing, though. Best to do it somewhere hidden, secret, unreachable, high-up, seldom traveled... Otherwise, some opportunist will kill you for the heck of it. Find yourself a good, secret bind point like this, too. And if you're in a group, there's always a risk of someone sneaking in to get some kills, so don't actually leave the room if you can.

Wizards are also good in PvP due to the combination of their damage (can usually kill people from 100% with 2-4 nukes, depending on your level, their class, and their gear) and their escape/evasion abilities: levitate, invis, self-rune, gate, self-ports, and the situational but vital Yonder or shadow step. At the very least, you should be able to kill people at least as much as you die due to inexperience.

Greenreefer
02-01-2016, 12:38 PM
What race did you choose? As people already said- you will probably be afk some while medding (especially at higher lvls). I'd suggest dark elf since they have the ability to /hide so u don't have to worry about invis dropping if your afk