PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Sunday, January 31st, 2016

Rogean
01-31-2016, 02:27 PM
April 2001

Field of Bone potions may be crafted and used. (1,5, and 10 dose)
The following spells no longer require gem components: Enchant Mithril, Enchant Adamantite, Enchant Steel, Enchant Brellium
Components for the following spells have been changed from lapis lazuli to malachite: Minor Summoning: Earth, Minor Summoning: Water, Minor Summoning: Fire, Minor Summoning: Air, Elemental: Earth, Elemental: Water, Elemental: Fire, Elemental: Air
Custom Velious helm quests are now active.
Monk weight allowance changed: Increases every 15 levels

May 2001

The Eye of Zomm series of spells will no longer work in Kedge Keep.
Certain quivers now affect bow haste.

Code

Rogean: Accounts with characters under level 5 will now be subject to the following chat limits across all public channels:

2 Messages per 10 seconds.
Messages must be under 80 characters.
Messages must contain 70% Lowercase alphabet.

Rogean: All characters are subject to a one message per half-second limitation across all public channels.
Haynar: Fixes for SE_Tossup to be more effective.
Haynar: Tuned angle of pushback from spells to be more accurate.
Haynar: Clients will be hit for max when sitting (again).
Haynar: Added next successful forage to get a food or drink item if hungry or thirsty, tied to Apr2001 rule - credit cavedude.

Content

Nilbog: Ancient Breath is now magic resistance instead of disease.
Nilbog: Sontalak now procs Char and Molten Breath. Previously he would cast Molten Breath on a timer.
Nilbog: Skunk Tails and Skunk Eyes no longer drop.
Nilbog: 'Skunk Hunting' quest now requires amiable or better faction.
Nilbog: skeletons of Lesser Faydark now attack orcs.
Nilbog: Symbols of Tunare quests are now active.
Nilbog: Innoruuk: Hitpoints and procs adjusted.
Nilbog: npcs which were on EbonMask faction are now HallofEbonMask. Quest factions involving these have also been changed.
Nilbog: Rephas now follows ArcaneScientists.
Nilbog: Magi P`tasa may now drop Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth. Mistress of Scorn may now drop Staff of Elemental Mastery: Fire.
Nilbog: Little eggs of evil traps in hateplane should now function properly.
Nilbog: Haldorak Foamymugs no longer spawns.
Nilbog: Shardtooth's loot table corrected.
Nilbog: Druid Epic: corrected the event with the dark elf corruptor. Tholris and Fang exist once again.
Nilbog: dwarf skeletons of Butcherblock are now indifferent.
Nilbog: Nortlav the Scalekeeper and Grynnaf Einoom now spawn on ~march2001 timeline.
Nilbog: Fixed an issue with Scepter of the Forlorn, Bloodshrine Necklace, Rod of Malisement, and Wand of Mana Tapping not dropping with correct number of charges.
Nilbog: dracoliche once again has an fte message.
Nilbog: 'Erudite Prisoners' quest fixed.
Nilbog: Added missing drops to Plane of Fear golems.
Nilbog: Cloak of Scales is now Iksar only.
Nilbog: Cowl of Mortality (and custom cowl) have a Lustrous Russet color instead of black.
Nilbog: Greenmist Armor now drops in fearplane. (march2001)
Nilbog: 'Honeybugger Assassin' quest now works.
Nilbog: Warrens: Howler loot corrected.
Nilbog: ice burrowers may now drop silk.
Nilbog: Noxhil V`Sek's 'Kerran Fire Beetle Eyes' quest now works. Amiable or better faction.
Nilbog: Dozekar is now susceptible to dragon bane spells.
Nilbog: 'Fury of Air' spell damage increased to 250.
Nilbog: Earring of the Frozen Skull click effect now works.
Nilbog: Taskmaster Abyott no longer has faction.
Nilbog: Faction hits for Highhold Pass gnolls and orcs have been updated.
Telin: All snakes now hiss and strike.
Telin: Ambassador Dvinn in Crushbone will now backstab.
Telin: Increased Rogue faction for JaggedPineTreeFolk. This will allow Dwarven Rogues to safely travel with Druids.
Telin: Proon now has significantly more hit points and hits harder.
Telin: Increased damage slightly for Guard Tolus and Guard Reskin.
Telin: Guards in Qeynos Hills will now kill all animals.
Telin: Mangy rats in Qeynos Hills are now aggressive.
Telin: Several mobs in Qeynos Hills, Greater Faydark, Misty Thicket, and Innothule Swamp can now spawn at greater level ranges and can be found on new paths. Many unintentional stationary mobs have been added to new grids.
Telin: Guard Leopold will now patrol the entire path to Surefall Glade.
Telin: Tovax Vmar will now only spawn at night.
Telin: Baobob Miller in Qeynos Hills now occasionally leaves his campfire.
Telin: Guards in Qeynos Hills now carry fine steel weapons. They also hit significantly harder and are more likely to resist fire and magic spells.
Telin: Talym Shoontar will now be assisted by the guards.
Telin: Isabella Cellus in Highkeep can now spawn up to level 42.
Telin: Reduced damage done by Osargen.
Telin: Increased the amount of platinum carried by Tol Nicelot, and Baobob and Chanda Miller.
Telin: Added aggro and/or death emotes to thought destroyer, Mistress of Scorn, Master of Spite, Lord of Ire, Grandmaster R'Tal, High Priest M'Kari, Coercer T'vala, Ashenbone Broodmaster, Hykallen, gnoll scouts, Kindl Lunsight, Salani Tunfar, Qeynos Hills guards, Rathe Lizardmen, Varsoon, Guard Carnita, Guard Fernaldo, Wiltin Windwalker, orcs in East Commonlands and Misty Thicket, and the Greenwhispers/Wintersongs of East Commonlands.
Telin: Adjusted faction for the following quests: Rat Ears, Gnasher's Head, Gnoll Slayer, Note for Konem, Taxes, The Gnome Take, Miner's Cap, The Tattered Pouch, Rat Patrol, and The Pirate Ship.
Telin: Adjusted faction hits for killing the following: Qeynos Hills guards, Varsoon, Kizdean Gix, orc pawns, a druid, Osargen, Tol Nicelot, Neclo Rhelsar, Purchin Oddsbot, Lashun Novashine, Moodoro Finharn, Guard Carnita, Guard Fernaldo, Dervish Cutthroats, Dorn B'Dynn, Dark Deathsinger, Hadden, Segran Rajhar, Guardian of Takish, pixies, faeries, Greenwhispers and Wintersongs of East Commonlands, and the Millers in Qeynos Hills.
Telin: Added/Updated dialogue for Dorn B'Dynn, Marda, Chief Goonda, Forager Grikk, a prisoner, Emissary Glibb, Tovax Vmar, Guard Cheslin, Guard Hezlan, Tukk, Guard Buce, Varsoon, Guard Shorm, Guard Imkar, Shenro Kazpur, Guard Weleth, Hadden, Jeet, Lynuga, a strange skeleton, a drunkard, Guard Dunix, Guard Colin, Gindlin Toxfodder, Lieutenant Leafstalker, and Breezeboot Swordrattler.
Telin: Basher Dreg has been replaced by Basher Oggrik outside of Grobb.
Telin: Basher Sklama now patrols his post.
Telin: The newbie Bashers near the entrance to Grobb and guild trainers in Grobb have been buffed.
Telin: Kobolds in Innothule Swamp now bark.
Telin: Fandl Arathin and Zepin Winsle have joined the nobles in Innothule Swamp.
Telin: Urako and Hoart in Grobb are now female.
Telin: Several cosmetic fixes to Grobb, Oggok, Neriak, and Highkeep Inhabitants.
Telin: Increased max damage for the newbie guards in Greater Faydark.
Telin: Added bronze weapons to Ambassador Rylan in Neriak.
Telin: Divn L'Crit in Neriak is now a Shadowknight and has more hit points.
Telin: The sky now has a classic sun and moon. It also has new clouds and colors that are based on the Classic sky.
Telin: Reduced the density of the bard regeneration and Clarity line spell graphics.
Telin: Reduced the aoe rain spell graphic time to 3 seconds per wave.
Telin: Implemented Investigator's Badge and Blackburrow Stout quests.
Telin: Vegalys Keldrane, an investigator, Riley Shplots, Willie Garrote, and Guard Shilster now spawn.
Telin: Adjusted faction for Rallos Zek.
Telin: Increased max damage for Froon, Choon, an ice giant, a sand giant, a spectre, Sandgiant Husam, a hill giant, a cyclops, Broog Bloodbeard, Tarskuk, Guard Fernaldo, and Guard Carnita.
Telin: Varsoon will now attack anyone who hails him.
Telin: Varsoon the Undying is now aggressive and does not give faction hits.
Telin: Added ebon drakes to Mountains of Rathe.
Telin: Guard Carnita and Guard Fernaldo will now attack most of the mobs in Mountains of Rathe. Unfortunately, they are no match for cyclopes and hill giants.
Telin: Prince Bragnar is now a Shadow Knight.
Telin: Quests-Gindlin Toxfodder's poison quest now works properly.
Telin: The Bloodsabers have unleashed a plague in parts of the Karanas.
Telin: Removed a fungus man watcher from Innothule Swamp
Telin: Changed the name of "a fungus man tracker" to "fungus man tracker".
Telin: Reduced the number of spawns of shadow men in Innothule Swamp and added a Necromancer class.
Telin: Removed faction hits from brownie scouts in Lesser Faydark and increased their level range.
Telin: Added a higher level range of deepwater crocodiles in Oasis.
Telin: Removed Terkoz from Grobb.
Telin: Increased hit points and levels for Half Elf bandits in Greater Faydark.
Telin: Bandits in Greater Faydark will now only drop piercing weapons.
Telin: Most level 1 decaying skeletons will now be indifferent to players and aggressive to select NPCs.
Telin: Wolves in Greater Faydark will now glare threateningly to non Druid and Ranger classes.
Telin: Added Alania Peaceheart to a path and increased her spawn time.
Telin: Updated faction and loot for Faelin Bloodbriar, Alania Peaceheart, Salani Tunfar, and Kindl Lunsight.
Telin: Increased damage done by a skyfire drake.
Telin: Decreased hit points for the thaumaturgist in Befallen.
Telin: Added decaying skeletons, a goblin shaman, a goblin whelp, orc legionnaires, a Klaknak drone, orc pawns, Prince Klaknak, Princess Klaknak, Queen Klaknak, and giant spiders to Misty Thicket.
Telin: Increased level and damage done by Misty Thicket newbie guards.
Telin: Orc centurions, orc pawns and a greater number of Klaknak beetles can now be found roaming parts of Misty Thicket.

Daldaen
01-31-2016, 02:29 PM
PRAISE CLASSIC

Baler
01-31-2016, 02:29 PM
WOOT!
Thank you Project 1999 Staff, So much!

Eld'n'Ell
01-31-2016, 02:32 PM
Good stuff.

kuuky
01-31-2016, 02:33 PM
Thank you for all your hard work Devs.

Vega
01-31-2016, 02:36 PM
Telin is on a rampage! Nice work all.

tedsternator
01-31-2016, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the update. Quiver update is the best update. Is there any way we can get a heads on Discord timeframe?

Is it on indefinite hold? Understand if that's the case, just hoping to get an idea if there's any sort of rough ETA or if we should just check back every few months.

Gorillas
01-31-2016, 02:40 PM
Tailoring recipes for Wus?

maximum
/tells don't appear to be working.

Kennie
Nice helmets

Bionic
01-31-2016, 02:41 PM
Thank you!

Jarylaxle
01-31-2016, 02:41 PM
"Rogean: Accounts with characters under level 5 will now be subject to the following chat limits across all public channels:

Messages must contain 70% Lowercase alphabet."

This is great for the EC Spammer(s)

Raev
01-31-2016, 02:46 PM
Thankfully my EC mule is L52 :D

Also, tells and /say seem to be somewhat broken in general. I guess that's why the server is going down again.

Oleris
01-31-2016, 02:46 PM
eta on server back up?

Dogma
01-31-2016, 02:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LBMRzFB.png?1
Server First. -,-
3 weeks wasted camping this. 66 elders to finally get... garbage.

lovecraft
01-31-2016, 02:50 PM
I applied the patch and then 10 minutes later it looks like the server went down. It doesn't even show up the client launcher list.

Daldaen
01-31-2016, 02:50 PM
Venril Sathir should be 3 day respawn and Venril Sathir Remains should be 24~ hour respawn now.

Did that go in and just get missed in the messages?

Llandris
01-31-2016, 02:51 PM
Telin with the KO

syztem
01-31-2016, 02:52 PM
mmm custom helmage

Eld'n'Ell
01-31-2016, 02:53 PM
Error in your GUI XML files. Check UIErrors.txt

Launching from WinEQ 2.0 default Everquest profile.

Any help is appreciated.

Oleris
01-31-2016, 02:53 PM
Server First. -,-

:p :p :D

Toobit
01-31-2016, 02:57 PM
Venril Sathir should be 3 day respawn and Venril Sathir Remains should be 24~ hour respawn now.

Did that go in and just get missed in the messages?

This

mastertriad
01-31-2016, 02:58 PM
Venril Sathir for druid epic?

xexbis0
01-31-2016, 02:59 PM
Canni 4?
Knight defense skill?

mastertriad
Venril Sathir spawn increased from every 7 days to every 3 days. VSR should spawn every day when VS isn't up. :(

Nilasbik
no monk weight increase? =(

APRIL 17, 2001

Monk weight allowance has been increased. Every 15 levels monks will get an extra 1 stone weight allowance. The post 50 weight allowance has also been increased by 2 stone.
Level 15, Limit 15
Level 30, Limit 16
Level 45, Limit 17
Level 51, Limit 18
Level 55, Limit 20
Level 60, Limit 24

Cheps
01-31-2016, 03:00 PM
Well I had just enough time to test my custom helm... and seems it's bugged, hair is coming out of it. I guess hair shouldn't show?

It's helm of the tracker on a ranger human BTW.

mastertriad
01-31-2016, 03:02 PM
Square Helm will have velious helm graphics now right? woohooo!!

slaintemaith
01-31-2016, 03:03 PM
But are food/drink duration fixed?!?!?

Eld'n'Ell
01-31-2016, 03:05 PM
Error in your GUI XML files. Check UIErrors.txt

Launching from WinEQ 2.0 default Everquest profile.

Any help is appreciated.

I dont even have those files listed in the UIError text any more.
....Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles

I did have them in my folder that was removed called default_old.
But when I replaced the entirety of the uifiles folder, these are deleted.
I do have the unpatched default_old file... and placed it in the uifiles with no luck.
Im thinking of copying all the missing files that are within default_old and adding them to the default file. :confused:

QFuzzle
01-31-2016, 03:16 PM
Nice chunk of stuff here. Thank you devs.

Salaryman
01-31-2016, 03:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OsOheaP.png
I AM SO FUCKING UPSET

Eld'n'Ell
01-31-2016, 03:19 PM
Im thinking of copying all the missing files that are within default_old and adding them to the default file. :confused:
Had to copy and paste all the files from the default_old file... into the default file (do not copy over existing files).

Now I have a funky green haze. But working. http://s29.postimg.org/u38hn0f13/p41screen.png

Malk
01-31-2016, 03:52 PM
Rogean: Accounts with characters under level 5 will now be subject to the following chat limits across all public channels:
Messages must contain 70% Lowercase alphabet.

iLOL'd

ekoekoeko
01-31-2016, 03:55 PM
soon as I patchted it tells me there there is an error in my Ui files and I cant log in now

ElemtalRZ
01-31-2016, 04:27 PM
And yet, my pet can still be feared in pvp with Valiant Companion buff. Good job Dev's thanks for making snakes able to hiss

NizmerThafen
01-31-2016, 04:31 PM
Is there any way to maintain the sky we've had for years now? I like the new one, however I would greatly appreciate the option of the other one as well. Any ideas how or what the file name is?

Also, thank you for all the hard work keeping the server up and running.

Ele
01-31-2016, 04:45 PM
And yet, my pet can still be feared in pvp with Valiant Companion buff. Good job Dev's thanks for making snakes able to hiss

You refund is being processed.

Reis
01-31-2016, 04:46 PM
Thank you for the patch update.

Sorn
01-31-2016, 05:04 PM
Cultural smithing is ON!

Baler
01-31-2016, 05:34 PM
Is this the may 2001 patch for the Coldain Prayer Shawl Quests?
:rolleyes:

Taeerdar
01-31-2016, 06:23 PM
Anybody willing to upload eqlsui.xml pls, error is looking for this file which doesn't exist in my uifiles... Or a reference to where I might find this... Thanks

xKoopa
01-31-2016, 06:30 PM
Canni 4?
Knight defense skill?

Danth
01-31-2016, 06:34 PM
Knight defense (and Ranger offense, presumably) is still stuck in red at 230. I still find it strange considering that Titanium defaults to the higher, correct value.

Danth

Sallan
01-31-2016, 06:39 PM
Amazing patch, thank you so much team

Slave35
01-31-2016, 07:03 PM
Holgresh Elder Beads are still dropping? Shouldn't they be out of the game by now?

Haynar: Clients will be hit for max when sitting (again) - Goodbye druid powerleveling

Magi P`tasa may now drop Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth. - Hello mage epic

Slave35
01-31-2016, 07:37 PM
Server First. -,-

Why is this not in patch notes? It's one of the most important things in the patch. Someone just had to spend hours here for nothing. :(

Deecay
01-31-2016, 08:01 PM
Are the Lesser(?) Translocate wizard spells active then, Translocate: Fay, Tox, North, Combine and Group?

May 8, 2001
Translocation spells: Five new Wizard 'push' spells have been added
(Translocate: Fay, Tox, North, Combine and Group). Translocate spells
send the group to the location, while the Wizard remains behind.
Translocate Group sends everyone in the group (except the Wizard) to
their own bind points. Translocate Group can be found on NPCs in
Velious (and they won't give them up easily). The others are available
on an exclusive vendor. All Translocate spells (even the original
Translocate) have confirmation boxes that must be accepted before the
target will be sent. And Wizards can no longer Translocate themselves.

Grandbeard
01-31-2016, 08:11 PM
I have tried to download the patch, P99Files41.zip but it keeps saying Failed - Network error in Google Chrome. I switched to Edge and was able to download no problem. Not sure why this was a problem for Chrome but I figured I would post the solution.

Well even though it downloaded, it is saying the contents are invalid.

The file size says it is only 166 bytes. Any word on when this will be fixed?

Symbioticforks
01-31-2016, 08:46 PM
On red99 when the server first came up after the patch (but still apparently too soon because it was brought down for a few minutes shortly thereafter)

Flowing Thought items were registering with the UI appropriately

then the server went down again.. and came back up again..

And Flowing Thought items were back to registering that they wanted to tick up the correct amount, but would then tick back down to 1 mana per 6 seconds (standing)

whatever you did between bringing the server up initially, and bringing it down again fixed the display error for that time.. can you please get FT to register appropriately in the UI.

THANKS!

Ele
01-31-2016, 09:17 PM
Why is this not in patch notes? It's one of the most important things in the patch. Someone just had to spend hours here for nothing. :(

Wasnt in the original patch notes. Classic unannounced nerf.

Alanus
01-31-2016, 09:17 PM
SoW seems way faster than it did pre-patch

Bill Tetley
01-31-2016, 09:34 PM
Warrior Epics can be combined using Swords of Rune. IE you can make both 2h and 1hs without having to repeat blade/hilt portion of quest now.

This is missing from the April patch. :(

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010417a.html

Dolthaic
01-31-2016, 09:41 PM
Fury of air was noted as being updated as a 250 HP damage in new patch. It now actually heals for 250 HPs. It heals?!? Not sure who needs to address. Was my best nuke, now it is my worst spell (haha).

Sorn
01-31-2016, 09:50 PM
Fury of air was noted as being updated as a 250 HP damage in new patch. It now actually heals for 250 HPs. It heals?!? Not sure who needs to address. Was my best nuke, now it is my worst spell (haha).

Bahahaha finally, an NPC heal spell!

Go report it in the bug forum :) You can probably open a new thread for this one.

Doctor Jeff
01-31-2016, 09:57 PM
Please: Paladins hit table modified to match that of a warrior.

Xubazz
01-31-2016, 10:05 PM
Looking for help with the latest patch. I have downloaded the patch, placed it in my EQemu directory, extracted the files, but once it has extracted files, it still shows the folder as still being compressed/zipped. Any suggestions?

phacemeltar
02-01-2016, 01:24 AM
amazing.. did i miss surefall glade portals added?

mefdinkins
02-01-2016, 02:14 AM
is Wu's armor in again?

elwing
02-01-2016, 03:20 AM
Is the badge of honor in game or does the quest series end at previous badge?

Sebastionleo
02-01-2016, 03:40 AM

I hope everyone realizes he killed a Grand Vizier, which has ALWAYS dropped the Grand Vizier Beads...

The chat says he killed a grand vizier and got the beads, not he killed an elder and got them. As of now it appears elders may still drop beads, and someone is trying to get everybody else to stop camping them.

nilbog
02-01-2016, 05:20 AM
no monk weight increase? =(

APRIL 17, 2001

Monk weight allowance has been increased. Every 15 levels monks will get an extra 1 stone weight allowance. The post 50 weight allowance has also been increased by 2 stone.
Level 15, Limit 15
Level 30, Limit 16
Level 45, Limit 17
Level 51, Limit 18
Level 55, Limit 20
Level 60, Limit 24

Hotfixed on both servers.

nilbog
02-01-2016, 05:33 AM
Canni 4?
Knight defense skill?

Cannibalize IV should be updated as intended now.
Skill caps are a work in progress as far as I know. There is an issue with applying them properly.

Hiragawa
02-01-2016, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the hotfix Nilbog. Much appreciated.

Baler
02-01-2016, 07:30 AM
Is this the may 2001 patch for the Coldain Prayer Shawl Quests?
Wasn't a joke. Is this the patch or is that another may patch? :confused:

Also I just noticed they changed the loading art to Velious. Nice!

Shmokey
02-01-2016, 08:14 AM
great stuff, thanks for doing this people, love your work! I am really enjoying being back in Norrath after all these years...

Troxx
02-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Sorry for the cross-post, just trying to figure out if this was intended. I don't see it in the patch message:

Pre-patch at level 58:
-Lose 100hp, gain 47 mana

Post-patch at level 58
-Lose 74hp, gain 37 mana

Slightly better ratio
Old 0.47 mana per 1 hp
New 0.5 mana per 1 hp

Impact: slightly better ratio (negligible), a lot less fast mana over time if you chain it.

Was this intended?

Canni2 at level 58 is
-Lose 67hp, gain 32 mana (0.48 mana per 1 hp)

Daldaen
02-01-2016, 01:30 PM
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010417a.html

Cannibalize II and III have had their effects improved. They now return more mana to the caster than they did before.

Shouldn't have been a nerf, should've been an improvement.

SamwiseRed
02-01-2016, 02:03 PM
is wus armor in?

Baa
02-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Wu armour is in

SamwiseRed
02-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Wu armour is in

thanks pal.

Olif
02-02-2016, 12:21 AM
Had to copy and paste all the files from the default_old file... into the default file (do not copy over existing files).

Now I have a funky green haze. But working. http://s29.postimg.org/u38hn0f13/p41screen.png

I ran into the same problem as Eld'n'Ell except on a Mac (El Capitan). Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do if I don't have a default_old file? Does this mean I have to reinstall the game?

radda
02-02-2016, 05:33 AM
soooo elder beads are gone?

dbouya
02-02-2016, 10:37 AM
wow I'm dumb, I thought quivers already gave haste

Cultural smithing is ON!

what got added cultural armor wise? just wu's? or? iksar? hmm?

Cochonou
02-02-2016, 10:48 AM
what got added cultural armor wise? just wu's? or? iksar? hmm?

A huge price reduction due to blue diamond no longer being involved in cultural smithing

Troxx
02-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Canni 3 has been changed

Pre-patch at level 58:
-Lose 100hp, gain 47 mana

Post-patch at level 58
-Lose 74hp, gain 37 mana

Impact: slightly better ratio (negligible), a lot less fast mana over time if you canni hard. It seems like a borderline nerf but this change was not commented on in the patch notes.

Was this intended?

Daldaen
02-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Look at the old spell data, it's posted somewhere on these boards and there was a change to Canni 2 and Canni 3 in the April 2001 patch. But what it was changed to I don't believe is correct.

I can check my 2001 spell.us file when I get home if no one can search the forums for the values.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020305003206/http://eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spell.asp?Id=1199

Self: Convert HP to Mana (75 Hp -> 36 - 38 Mana)

Yep confirmed legit. 75 HP for 38 Mana is classic after April patch. In classic they added Canni4 at the same time as this patch. You should be able to kill WW Dragons for Canni4 now on P99, nilbog confirmed.

Troxx
02-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Fantastic, thanks for the info Dald :)

Canni4 should be a lot more common ... price won't be so retarded for long.

Cochonou
02-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Look at the old spell data, it's posted somewhere on these boards and there was a change to Canni 2 and Canni 3 in the April 2001 patch. But what it was changed to I don't believe is correct.

June 2014 patch v33 (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155457)

radda
02-03-2016, 03:38 AM
an elder holgresh dropped vizier beads for me today....
either nerf was dropped or those beads were added to the table

Daldaen
02-03-2016, 10:18 AM
It's possible this was included? 3 days from Sunday would put it spawning today I believe. If it doesn't spawn then yes this wasn't included and really needs to be.

Twelveltr
02-03-2016, 12:35 PM
It's possible this was included? 3 days from Sunday would put it spawning today I believe. If it doesn't spawn then yes this wasn't included and really needs to be.

This please.

Aalderon Crystafire
02-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Fantastic work!

Question for Telin

Telin: Adjusted faction for the following quests: Rat Ears, Gnasher's Head, Gnoll Slayer, Note for Konem, Taxes, The Gnome Take, Miner's Cap, The Tattered Pouch, Rat Patrol, and The Pirate Ship.

Telin: Adjusted faction hits for killing the following: Qeynos Hills guards, Varsoon, Kizdean Gix, orc pawns, a druid, Osargen, Tol Nicelot, Neclo Rhelsar, Purchin Oddsbot, Lashun Novashine, Moodoro Finharn, Guard Carnita, Guard Fernaldo, Dervish Cutthroats, Dorn B'Dynn, Dark Deathsinger, Hadden, Segran Rajhar, Guardian of Takish, pixies, faeries, Greenwhispers and Wintersongs of East Commonlands, and the Millers in Qeynos Hills.

Most people probably don't care, but I love this stuff. Are these changes just to the faction values or? I noticed no difference in the faction hits I took before and after patch for Rat Ears, for instance - and they seem to be correct.

Telin
02-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Fantastic work!

Question for Telin

Most people probably don't care, but I love this stuff. Are these changes just to the faction values or? I noticed no difference in the faction hits I took before and after patch for Rat Ears, for instance - and they seem to be correct.

Mostly has to do with correcting the values. I also make any corrections to the wrong factions that I come across. The pirate ship quest for example needed factions added. Also the rat ears quest will now keep track of what you hand rephas instead of eating them.

Aalderon Crystafire
02-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Mostly has to do with correcting the values. I also make any corrections to the wrong factions that I come across. The pirate ship quest for example needed factions added. Also the rat ears quest will now keep track of what you hand rephas instead of eating them.

Awesome! I can't imagine it's easy to get these correct. I usually find next to nothing on values when I do try to do research and wonder how later Allakhazam updates have them - did they add # reveals to the turn-ins and kills post-classic EQ ?

I learned from experimenting that the P99 Wiki #s for quests or mobs were way off, some of Allakhazam too (e.g. Dragoon Szorn in Lesser Faydark does not give the large +/- faction hits here as Allakhazam shows.)

P.S. New classic skies are a dream!

Necran
02-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Holgresh Elder Beads are still dropping? Shouldn't they be out of the game by now?

See separate thread and updated Wiki for the item discussing that the beads no longer drop. The patch notes don't seem to reflect this.

dafier
02-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Thank you!

Culkasi
02-07-2016, 05:55 AM

It doesn't seem it was included, would like to get something offiial on this if possible - thank you

Culkasi
02-07-2016, 11:22 AM
7-day VS spawned and was killed today

Lojik
02-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Any update on when the April 2001 patch is going in?

It's in, just some things left out like VS spawn

hammbone
02-12-2016, 05:34 PM
discord?

Chrisjones70
02-19-2016, 01:01 PM
discord please?

Turp
03-07-2016, 04:33 AM
Hello ,
Seems they overnerfed giants (probably the rest of the mobs too that got "fixed" aka nerfed) never seen any bug reports on this and can't find any by searching our forums or any forum saying giants should double hit for 100 every time. (the least being 80 dmg , no matter the level or stats on your char)
Are they just letting devs go off their memory now? giants did have big STR and land big hits, but they are currently double hitting for 100 damage. no matter level 30 or 60 no matter the AC, broke something for sure.

Like elament said, got shit backwards it seems.

@Ele you are all about classic , you really think giants should double hit for 100 no matter level or stats . tested the FM giants, the DL giants and the ice giants and all doing the same thing. This is not classic and there was no bug report or proof filed that i can find that warranted this nerf besides IMO a devs memory recalls it. And probably every thing that was buffed this patch is not right if someone goes and checks it.

Thanks for the work and please look into this.

Not limited to
Telin: Increased max damage for Froon, Choon, an ice giant, a sand giant, a spectre, Sandgiant Husam, a hill giant, a cyclops, Broog Bloodbeard, Tarskuk, Guard Fernaldo, and Guard Carnita.
Is same for giants in DL and FM too. They are hitting way harder than they should. If got some proof of this required nerf please direct me to it.
appreciate your time.
charmers use this to your advantage and get some nice XP, since Osargen was nerfed use all the upgraded OP hitters right now because they probably won't change it. sometimes memory fixes are wrong but still can benefit.

PS Telin , wow what a bunch of nerfs.

dbouya
03-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Hello ,
Seems they overnerfed giants (probably the rest of the mobs too that got "fixed" aka nerfed) never seen any bug reports on this and can't find any by searching our forums or any forum saying giants should double hit for 100 every time. (the least being 80 dmg , no matter the level or stats on your char)
Are they just letting devs go off their memory now? giants did have big STR and land big hits, but they are currently double hitting for 100 damage. no matter level 30 or 60 no matter the AC, broke something for sure.

@Ele you are all about classic , you really think giants should double hit for 100 no matter level or stats . tested the FM giants, the DL giants and the ice giants and all doing the same thing. This is not classic and there was no bug report or proof filed that i can find that warranted this nerf besides IMO a devs memory recalls it. And probably every thing that was buffed this patch is not right if someone goes and checks it.

Not limited to
Is same for giants in DL and FM too. They are hitting way harder than they should. If got some proof of this required nerf please direct me to it.
appreciate your time.
charmers use this to your advantage and get some nice XP, since Osargen was nerfed use all the upgraded OP hitters right now because they probably won't change it. sometimes memory fixes are wrong but still can benefit.

go post in the bug forums if you want anyone to look at it?

MGoblin256
03-07-2016, 10:38 PM
Trying to download the patch itself, but it constantly fails to finish for some reason, and the ZIP is corrupt. Is there any particular fix for this?

Telin
03-09-2016, 12:28 AM
Hello ,

Not limited to
appreciate your time.

Source: Al'Kabor Server (EQMAC) Locked at PoP (Era: 2002)

[Tue Feb 12 04:09:22 2013] A hill giant hits YOU for 88 points of damage.
[Tue Feb 12 04:09:22 2013] a hill giant was hit by non-melee for 5 points of damage.
[Tue Feb 12 04:09:22 2013] A hill giant was pierced by thorns.

[Mon Feb 18 14:28:49 2013] A hill giant tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Mon Feb 18 14:28:49 2013] a hill giant was hit by non-melee for 5 points of damage.
[Mon Feb 18 14:28:49 2013] A hill giant hits YOU for 96 points of damage.

[Mon Feb 25 23:26:43 2013] A hill giant has been ensnared.
[Mon Feb 25 23:26:45 2013] a hill giant was hit by non-melee for 6 points of damage.
[Mon Feb 25 23:26:45 2013] A hill giant was pierced by thorns.
[Mon Feb 25 23:26:45 2013] A hill giant hits YOU for 96 points of damage.
[Mon Feb 25 23:26:45 2013] a hill giant was hit by non-melee for 6 points of damage.
[Mon Feb 25 23:26:45 2013] A hill giant was pierced by thorns.
[Mon Feb 25 23:26:45 2013] A hill giant hits YOU for 88 points of damage.

[Thu Feb 28 18:33:20 2013] a hill giant was hit by non-melee for 6 points of damage.
[Thu Feb 28 18:33:20 2013] A hill giant was pierced by thorns.
[Thu Feb 28 18:33:20 2013] A hill giant hits YOU for 96 points of damage.

Screenshot Source:
http://i.imgur.com/oAf6LiW.png

Source: Blog from May 2001: http://blog.honnpo.com/eq-33
a sand giant hits you for 92 point of damage.
a sand giant hits you for 96 point of damage.
a sand giant hits you for 32 point of damage.
a sand giant hits you for 47 point of damage.
a sand giant hits you for 92 point of damage.

Conclusion

Giant Max Hit:
Level 33: 88
Level 34: 90
Level 35: 92
Level 36: 94
Level 37: 96

Grandbeard
03-11-2016, 04:32 AM
Trying to download the patch itself, but it constantly fails to finish for some reason, and the ZIP is corrupt. Is there any particular fix for this?

It may be your AV is flagging a .DLL file as a virus.

spikeviking
03-25-2016, 12:09 AM
Put the VSR patch in you forgot it. Thanks

adhop86
03-26-2016, 02:05 AM
Having an old issue from the sounds of it... I'm new to P99. I just got it up and running and now i am at the character select screen at it tells me "Your spells file is outdated. Please visit project1999.com etc etc". i reinstalled the V41 patch twice and still no luck... any pointers?

Mackie
03-26-2016, 04:44 PM
Having an old issue from the sounds of it... I'm new to P99. I just got it up and running and now i am at the character select screen at it tells me "Your spells file is outdated. Please visit project1999.com etc etc". i reinstalled the V41 patch twice and still no luck... any pointers?

X2 I've got my buddy having the same issue, just installed it on his new PC on a windows 10 system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

WolfsongReborn
03-27-2016, 12:48 PM
X2 I've got my buddy having the same issue, just installed it on his new PC on a windows 10 system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Make sure you get everything into the eq folder. I've noticed sometimes if I do an extract it dumps part of it outside the eq folder and I've got to manually drag and drop the files and replace. I've had this happen a few times and it's always been the source of that issue for me.

Mackie
03-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Make sure you get everything into the eq folder. I've noticed sometimes if I do an extract it dumps part of it outside the eq folder and I've got to manually drag and drop the files and replace. I've had this happen a few times and it's always been the source of that issue for me.

It was his anti-virus instantly deleting the Dsetup.dll or whatever it is. Once he turned off his anti-virus, he downloaded the patch and replaced it. It worked :P

Thanks! :D

WolfsongReborn
03-27-2016, 02:09 PM
It was his anti-virus instantly deleting the Dsetup.dll or whatever it is. Once he turned off his anti-virus, he downloaded the patch and replaced it. It worked :P

Thanks! :D
Ah yeah, that happens too lol. Just make sure you ignore the file and the folder or it'll just happen again in the future. Norton seems particularly annoying in that respect.

Eras
03-27-2016, 04:45 PM
Ah yeah, that happens too lol. Just make sure you ignore the file and the folder or it'll just happen again in the future. Norton seems particularly annoying in that respect.

McAfee also seems to keep removing this file. I have to turn it off, double click my desktop icon, then turn it back on and the game runs normally. :)

demokatt
04-20-2016, 04:16 AM
Haynar: Added next successful forage to get a food or drink item if hungry or thirsty, tied to Apr2001 rule - credit cavedude.

I don't think this works? I been thirsty many times and always get food, and the other way around too.

Crashking
06-28-2016, 04:31 PM
April 2001

Nilbog: Shardtooth's loot table corrected.

Does this mean it matches what is listed on the wiki now?