PDA

View Full Version : Wizard quad kiting spots?

Jjlent
01-31-2016, 01:14 PM
My little wizard is lvl 45, I'm looking for places to quad on him. I've been quading spectres in oasis but the experience is starting to dry up and need some new places. Never played a wiz before so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Lojik
01-31-2016, 01:18 PM
My little wizard is lvl 45, I'm looking for places to quad on him. I've been quading spectres in oasis but the experience is starting to dry up and need some new places. Never played a wiz before so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Bloodgills

Jjlent
01-31-2016, 01:53 PM
In loio?

AtomicFrog
01-31-2016, 10:48 PM
I stayed in OT doing chickens and cactus thru 46, if that gets boring there is also the 3 dwarf merchants near the water by the kandin firepot wiz epic npc (don't attack him, he will rip you apart)

48-50 is generally a lull in xp for quading since you are forced to still use circle of force, the best xp for those levels are bloodgills in loio, but they are frequently taken and you need an enduring breath item.

If you do OT, focus on spiked cactus and stonegazer chickens specifically, i was still getting around 3-4% per pull if you get 4 of those specific mobs

Kalex716
02-20-2016, 01:19 PM
I spent a lot of time around KC, cause getting buffs was very easy just inside and around the castle. And if you are as bad as this game as me, access to clicky rez's with minimal begging was always a plus as well!

Not sure if its as popular anymore since its not such a hot bind spot for raiders (enchanters in particular) like it used to be.

kevjax
02-21-2016, 07:52 AM
I did dwarfs by BB docks till 49, got 1% per kill from 47-49 even after they went high green. steady as fuck exp. I was playing a shaman mind you but id bet it would be nice to be able to do a quad at docks then AFK. Can even go do another quad past the goblin camps if you want. Then if you got mana to spare you can burn down the bard or whatever it is in the hut by the merchant at docks. The vend will sell to you as your killing dwarfs aswell. 4pp+ per kill. I was doing about 25-28% exp per level. 6 dwarfs and 1 half elf doable by docks. 4 more dwarfs past goblins. 2 dwarfs and the half elf are on 6 min respawn times so you can do trios while you wait for a full spawn.

Malone88
02-22-2016, 05:27 PM
Spirocs in TD.

Pyrion
02-23-2016, 06:11 AM
Dreadlands is possible as well, just have to be carefull not to pull unwanted mobs.

mgellan
02-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Pretty sure I was doing Yetis at the ice tunnel in DL at this level, nice xp quadding these -- Mg

thewrush
02-23-2016, 11:16 AM
@50 I had to suck it up and single kill wyverns in CS to hit 51. Then as soon as you get Pillar of Frost it is easy sailing from there. Hit 53 now but will drop once I hit 54 I'm sure. Not sure where to go for 54+

Kalex716
02-24-2016, 03:20 PM
53-56 can be done by kiting faerie dragons in Wakening land if you don't care about Tunare faction. THey are found in caves.

You will absolutely trash the faction, but its far less competition than CS drakes, and they drop armor gems that sell for good cash.

Very easy to kite, and low risk of adds if you path them close to the edge that their cave is found on.

thewrush
02-24-2016, 05:50 PM
Dark elf wiz following Solusek Ro probably isn't liked by Tunare to begin with, unless it isn't damaged yet. I don't foresee any need to enter PoGrowth without a raid force either.

thewrush
03-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Alternative quadding spots @54+?

I was wondering if there were anymore quadding spots besides the overcamped location:
- Cobalt Scar wyverns/drakes
- Wakening Lands suits of sentient armor

Have people ever had success with Burning Woods? Looking at the wiki for level appropriate monsters with somewhat low and comparable HP. I have found:

Burning Woods
- Sarnak champion
- Sarnak Avenger
- An ember hornet
- A tatterback gorilla
- A moldering gorilla
- A tottering gorillaa
- A forest giant verdant

Anyone know of anything else?

mgellan
03-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Anywhere besides raptors (mostly green except for Vicious etc) 59-60? Thats not Chardok. -- Mg

Vallanor
03-07-2016, 04:15 PM
I've been meaning to try quadding velium hounds in WW. If you're decently geared and non-KoS to CoV it seems like it should be doable. If you try it, please report back. :)

Otherwise, I've been quadding phase spiders in DN off and on for a while at level 60. It's really risky gathering them up, and a rune of some kind is almost a necessity, but I think it can be done pre-epic and at level 59.

Pro-tips for DN quadding: Make sure to pre-cast TL on yourself (classic be damned) so you can instantly port away if things get out of hand. If you can manage to snare all four at once within a cast or two, you'll be fine. If you get more than two snare resists it might be wise to zone out and start over at full mana to make sure you've got enough mana to finish the job. I've never been resisted using pillar of flame, but the snare seems to resist fairly often.

mgellan
03-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Thanks I'll try it! -- Mg

thewrush
03-07-2016, 06:04 PM
I've been meaning to try quadding velium hounds in WW. If you're decently geared and non-KoS to CoV it seems like it should be doable. If you try it, please report back. :)

Otherwise, I've been quadding phase spiders in DN off and on for a while at level 60. It's really risky gathering them up, and a rune of some kind is almost a necessity, but I think it can be done pre-epic and at level 59.

Pro-tips for DN quadding: Make sure to pre-cast TL on yourself (classic be damned) so you can instantly port away if things get out of hand. If you can manage to snare all four at once within a cast or two, you'll be fine. If you get more than two snare resists it might be wise to zone out and start over at full mana to make sure you've got enough mana to finish the job. I've never been resisted using pillar of flame, but the snare seems to resist fairly often.

Decently geared as in best you can buy in EC/non-raid gear? Those things have around ~7,500 hp.

Lojik
03-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Decently geared as in best you can buy in EC/non-raid gear? Those things have around ~7,500 hp.

They also run at sow speed, and I've never seen more than one up at a time. The drakes, however, should be great if you don't mind wrecking your cov faction (wyverns will wreck ya though. )

As to bw...yes it can be done, but you'll have to manage navigating your train through lots of roamers, most of the npcs will be greens, and if you're setting up at the giant camp eventually you'll kill off the high level ones so you'll have to kill some greens. If you share the camp with a low 50s player should be good though.

Valura
03-07-2016, 07:50 PM
BLOODGILLS

Vallanor
03-07-2016, 07:56 PM
They also run at sow speed, and I've never seen more than one up at a time.

Bummer!

mgellan
03-07-2016, 11:08 PM

I went looking for them and yeah, you might find a quad across the entire zone but they're not common and roam. Not doable, will try DN instead.

Regards,
Mg

thewrush
03-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Skyash Drake and a bottomless gnawer look doable in Skyfire. I doubt they're clustered up to quad consistently though. I remember hitting 60 solo killing wyverns and other various things. This was on the very first progression server though where I bet the xp was rounded out and there weren't any hell levels. Also innate spell crits and out of combat regen eventually came into play...might be a lost cause trying SF though. Anyone else have findings?

Vallanor
03-08-2016, 12:15 PM
I went looking for them and yeah, you might find a quad across the entire zone but they're not common and roam. Not doable, will try DN instead.

Thanks for the info!