PDA

View Full Version : A modest proposal: Limit guild sizes

lowner411
01-27-2016, 10:08 PM
On a low population server like this, it's entirely possible for one guild (<Empire>) to dominate the population and the high end kills. We have the same problem that Sullon Zek had--one team dominates.

I know I'll get flamed and trolled for the idea, but would limiting guild sizes do anything to increase competition? Would guilds then just cooperate? Or would having multiple leadership groups create imbalance, bad feelings, and eventually some interesting high end PvP?

I know PvP is broken in Everquest, if for no other reason that one person can cause a wipe on a carefully prepared raid. I also know that some classes are better at PvP than others, and equipment makes a lot of difference (as well as strategy). But the server might be better with more balanced guilds competing, and limiting guild size might be a step toward it.

Xaanka
01-27-2016, 10:10 PM
██████████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░ ░░██░░░░░░░░█
█░░▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀░░█░░▄▀ ░░██░░▄▀▄▀░░█
█░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░▄▀ ░░██░░▄▀░░░░█
█░░▄▀░░█████████░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░█████████░░▄▀ ░░██░░▄▀░░███
█░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░█████████░░▄▀ ░░░░░░▄▀░░███
█░░▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░█████████░░▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀░░███
█░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░█████████░░▄▀ ░░░░░░▄▀░░███
█░░▄▀░░█████████░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░█████████░░▄▀ ░░██░░▄▀░░███
█░░▄▀░░█████████░░▄▀░░░░░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░▄▀ ░░██░░▄▀░░░░█
█░░▄▀░░█████████░░▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀░░█░░▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀░░█░░▄▀ ░░██░░▄▀▄▀░░█
█░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░ ░░██░░░░░░░░█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░██░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀░░█
█░░▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░░░░░▄▀░░█
█░░▄▀░░░░░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█
█░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█
█░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░░░░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀░░█
█░░▄▀░░██░░▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀░░█░░▄▀░░░░░░▄▀░░█
█░░▄▀░░██░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░█░░▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀░░█
█░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
███████████████████████████████████████

lowner411
01-27-2016, 10:12 PM
Not the flame I was expecting, but nicely done.

Xaanka
01-27-2016, 10:15 PM
:]
the server would be better with more guilds, but considering the server history it's probably never going to happen

iruinedyourday
01-27-2016, 10:19 PM
.....'',;;::cccllllllllllllcccc:::;;,,,''...'',,'. .
..';cldkO00KXNNNNXXXKK000OOkkkkkxxxxxddoooddddddxx xxkkkkOO0XXKx:.
.':ok0KXXXNXK0kxolc:;;,,,,,,,,,,,;;,,,''''''',,''. . .'lOXKd'
.,lx00Oxl:,'............''''''................... ...,;;'. .oKXd.
.ckKKkc'...'',:::;,'.........'',;;::::;,'......... .'',;;;,'.. .';;'. 'kNKc.
.:kXXk:. .. .................. .............,:c:'...;:'. .dNNx.
:0NKd, .....''',,,,''.. ',...........',,,'',,::,...,,. .dNNx.
.xXd. .:;'.. ..,' .;,. ...,,'';;'. ... .oNNo
.0K. .;. ;' '; .'...'. .oXX:
.oNO. . ,. . ..',::ccc:;,.. .. lXX:
.dNX: ...... ;. 'cxOKK0OXWWWWWWWNX0kc. :KXd.
.l0N0; ;d0KKKKKXK0ko:... .l0X0xc,...lXWWWWWWWWKO0Kx' ,ONKo.
.lKNKl...'......'. .dXWN0kkk0NWWWWWN0o. :KN0;. .,cokXWWNNNNWNKkxONK: .,:c:. .';;;;:lk0XXx;
:KN0l';ll:'. .,:lodxxkO00KXNWWWX000k. oXNx;:okKX0kdl:::;'',;coxkkd, ...'. ...'''.......',:lxKO:.
oNNk,;c,'',. ...;xNNOc,. ,d0X0xc,. .dOd, ..;dOKXK00000Ox:. ..''dKO,
'KW0,:,.,:..,oxkkkdl;'. 'KK' .. .dXX0o:'....,:oOXNN0d;.'. ..,lOKd. .. ;KXl.
;XNd,; ;. l00kxoooxKXKx:..ld: ;KK' .:dkO000000Okxl;. c0; :KK; . ;XXc
'XXdc. :. .. '' 'kNNNKKKk, .,dKNO. .... .'c0NO' :X0. ,. xN0.
.kNOc' ,. .00. ..''... .l0X0d;. 'dOkxo;... .;okKXK0KNXx;. .0X: ,. lNX'
,KKdl .c, .dNK, .;xXWKc. .;:coOXO,,'....... .,lx0XXOo;...oNWNXKk:.'KX; ' dNX.
:XXkc'.... .dNWXl .';l0NXNKl. ,lxkkkxo' .cK0. ..;lx0XNX0xc. ,0Nx'.','.kXo ., ,KNx.
cXXd,,;:, .oXWNNKo' .'.. .'.'dKk; .cooollox;.xXXl ..,cdOKXXX00NXc. 'oKWK' ;k: .l. ,0Nk.
cXNx. . ,KWX0NNNXOl'. .o0Ooldk; .:c;.':lxOKKK0xo:,.. ;XX: .,lOXWWXd. . .':,.lKXd.
lXNo cXWWWXooNWNXKko;'.. .lk0x; ...,:ldk0KXNNOo:,.. ,OWNOxO0KXXNWNO, ....'l0Xk,
.dNK. oNWWNo.cXK;;oOXNNXK0kxdolllllooooddxk00KKKK0kdoc:c 0No .'ckXWWWNXkc,;kNKl. .,kXXk,
'KXc .dNWWX;.xNk. .kNO::lodxkOXWN0OkxdlcxNKl,.. oN0'..,:ox0XNWWNNWXo. ,ONO' .o0Xk;
.ONo oNWWN0xXWK, .oNKc .ONx. ;X0. .:XNKKNNWWWWNKkl;kNk. .cKXo. .ON0;
.xNd cNWWWWWWWWKOkKNXxl:,'...;0Xo'.....'lXK;...',:lxk0K NWWWWNNKOd:.. lXKclON0: .xNk.
.dXd ;XWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNWWNNNNNNNNNWWNNNNNNWWWWWN XKNNk;.. .dNWWXd. cXO.
.xXo .ONWNWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNK0ko:' ..OXo 'l0NXx, :KK,
.OXc :XNk0NWXKNWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNX00NNx:'.. lXKc. 'lONN0l. .oXK:
.KX; .dNKoON0;lXNkcld0NXo::cd0NNO:;,,'.. .0Xc lXXo..'l0NNKd,. .c0Nk,
:XK. .xNX0NKc.cXXl ;KXl .dN0. .0No .xNXOKNXOo,. .l0Xk;.
.dXk. .lKWN0d::OWK; lXXc .OX: .ONx. . .,cdk0XNXOd;. .'''....;c:'..;xKXx,
.0No .:dOKNNNWNKOxkXWXo:,,;ONk;,,,,,;c0NXOxxkO0XXNXKOdc ,. ..;::,...;lol;..:xKXOl.
,XX: ..';cldxkOO0KKKXXXXXXXXXXKKKKK00Okxdol:;'.. .';::,..':llc,..'lkKXkc.
:NX' . '' .................. .,;:;,',;ccc;'..'lkKX0d;.
lNK. .; ,lc,. ................ ..,,;;;;;;:::,....,lkKX0d:.
.oN0. .'. .;ccc;,'.... ....'',;;;;;;;;;;'.. .;oOXX0d:.
.dN0. .;;,.. .... ..''''''''.... .:dOKKko;.
lNK' ..,;::;;,'......................... .;d0X0kc'.
.xXO' .;oOK0x:.
.cKKo. .,:oxkkkxk0K0xc'.
.oKKkc,. .';cok0XNNNX0Oxoc,.
.;d0XX0kdlc:;,,,',,,;;:clodkO0KK0Okdl:,'..
.,coxO0KXXXXXXXKK0OOxdoc:,..

TheBiznessTZ
01-27-2016, 10:25 PM
That would require empire leadership to pick and choose people to boot and the people that got booted would mostly end up likely quitting (and hurting server pop even more) and then empire wouldn't be able to kill all raid targets as effectively as they would like to.

TLDR no

lowner411
01-27-2016, 10:34 PM
I keep waiting for a group of Empire people to get sick of the guild--maybe because the good pixels are unevenly distributed--and start a counter guild, but we may not have enough people for Empire to get that big.

The only other thing that might happen (as has happened to many guilds) is that the leadership self destructs, but that might be a long wait.

iruinedyourday
01-27-2016, 10:45 PM
There's a pretty good limit on em if you consider server pop if ya catch my drift

Efwan
01-27-2016, 11:49 PM
I keep waiting for a group of Empire people to get sick of the guild--maybe because the good pixels are unevenly distributed--and start a counter guild, but we may not have enough people for Empire to get that big.

The only other thing that might happen (as has happened to many guilds) is that the leadership self destructs, but that might be a long wait.

Problem is that loot is very well and evenly distributed, meaning even those with 90+% RA still have quite a few items to bis anyway. Why quit something that is working so good? Only real berg out has been Gzaz and you can see how well that turned out.

Kergan
01-27-2016, 11:58 PM
This idea gets suggested about every other week. It is dum every time.

TacoSmasher
01-28-2016, 12:23 AM
Empire could basically just be all of our clerics under 1 tag, rest could be guildless, we would still kill the same shit.

OP is retard

Tune
01-28-2016, 12:24 AM
I have been saying this for a long time but...

they should scale mob difficulty according to how many people are in the zone (in pvp range obviously)

Rampage can kill vulak with 35, make that the standard

make the game more challenging, this is Everquest not Zergquest...

if there is an opposing guild in the zone pvp must happen first

I know this is exploitable by having most of the guild wait outside the zone etc but its better than nothing

at least gives people a chance to break up the zerg and figt even numbers

TacoSmasher
01-28-2016, 12:30 AM
All these people with opinions on pve content they are clueless about.

another day on r99 forums

garzahd`
01-28-2016, 12:31 AM
cool story tune

nobody gives a fuck unfortunately

plz fuck off back to losing on warhammer (ive killed you 8 times already)

you farmed for 5 years only get banned

what a cuck

do u even lift?

Lasher
01-28-2016, 12:34 AM
Rampage is in an alliance, seen screenshots of 100-130

BardPop
01-28-2016, 12:43 AM
Are you guys ever going to prose anything that involves increasing the size of your own guild or alliance, or are all of these proposed solutions just going to work around your own small guild size, you know, forever?

Lasher
01-28-2016, 12:45 AM
You dont think if empire got banned or quit entirely that another guild would not fill the void at top raiding guild with similiar numbers?

Troubled
01-28-2016, 12:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QuY6DOr.jpg

Uuruk
01-28-2016, 12:49 AM

they should scale mob difficulty according to how many people are in the zone (in pvp range obviously)

I know this is exploitable by having most of the guild wait outside the zone etc but its better than to

This is a classic Everquest emulator. If you don't like it leave.

Tune
01-28-2016, 01:11 AM
actually its a really good idea and ive yet to hear a better one

i have also been proposing this since ive been in nihilum so u cant claim im biased

TheBiznessTZ
01-28-2016, 01:13 AM

i have also been proposing this since ive been in nihilum so u cant claim im biased

Got prof?

Rekrul
01-28-2016, 01:21 AM
This is a classic Everquest emulator. If you don't like it leave.

Why don't you take your own advice? All you do is talk shit about the server on the forums, may as well leave or consider yourself in the same company of many mentally unstable individuals.

Colgate
01-28-2016, 01:24 AM

I know this is exploitable by having most of the guild wait outside the zone etc but its better than nothing

good luck clearing every north wing dragon with 35 people

u retarded?

Tune
01-28-2016, 01:42 AM
good luck clearing every north wing dragon with 35 people

u retarded?

are u retarded?

it would be scaled

Colgate
01-28-2016, 01:44 AM
you set the standard at vulak being "possible" with 35, as if he's the hardest dragon in the zone

i forgot your perspective was from a guild that can't handle trash mobs with 35 people

Tune
01-28-2016, 01:48 AM
you set the standard at vulak being "possible" with 35, as if he's the hardest dragon in the zone

i forgot your perspective was from a guild that can't handle trash mobs with 35 people

u can make different scales on different mobs if you need to and will probably require feedback / tweaking

but like all these pixels are going to be around for a very long time, why not have some fun for a change and not feel like u have a job to log on everyday to maintain your choke hold of pixels on a dead / not fun server

this server was made so people could experience classic everquest, not this ^^

Colgate
01-28-2016, 01:51 AM
is tweaking the avatar of war to be possible with 35 people classic?

Huelath
01-28-2016, 01:52 AM
u can make different scales on different mobs if you need to and will probably require feedback / tweaking

but like all these pixels are going to be around for a very long time, why not have some fun for a change and not feel like u have a job to log on everyday to maintain your choke hold of pixels on a dead / not fun server

yep i clearly remember mobs difficulty scaling with the # of people in zone in classic everquest

Tune
01-28-2016, 01:53 AM
is tweaking the avatar of war to be possible with 35 people classic?

like i said i havnt spent a lot of time on the math part of it.

i guess the first factor u can try is hp of the mob and messing with that, see how it works

more people = more hp obviously

Raev
01-28-2016, 01:54 AM

now that vyemm has been nerfed, I think this would be possible

Tune
01-28-2016, 01:56 AM
yep i clearly remember mobs difficulty scaling with the # of people in zone in classic everquest

come on bro

are people still playing the classic card here?

Colgate
01-28-2016, 01:57 AM
on blue maybe where everyone can bring a soulfire

Efwan
01-28-2016, 01:58 AM

You mention a choke hold on pixels.

I don't understand this, considering mobs are left up for days, and sometimes even weeks and no one else kills them. We kill them when we want to, and it's a job/choke hold? lol I guess you've never played on any other server then. Every other server = current expansion raid mobs are dead 10 minutes after they spawn, go check out blue and report back on the choke hold status, thx.

Raev
01-28-2016, 02:04 AM
on blue maybe where everyone can bring a soulfire

Eh, mostly clicky use is mallets for quick aggro (which could easily be done on red with some legwork) and wort pots for Sontalak/Zlandicar. They don't play much of a role in TOV.

Anyway, everything outside of Vyemm is easily killable with 35, and Vyemm himself is MUCH easier now, so I bet with 35 well geared/good class composition raiders it would be possible.

Lasher
01-28-2016, 02:05 AM

Better idea is to recruit/work together. I get it, youd rather have the game changed for you rather than you change for the game.

Casual scum, prophets, and slosh need to merge/alliance and then you will have numbers to raid 75% of velious content.

Your suggestion on asking the devs to completely rework the pve raid with hps/dmg/Ae to change everytime the encounter is engage by different numbers is just not going to happen. This is an emu server with no paid devs

It is more likely, feesible, spirit of eq to join your raid forces vs asking the devs to completely change the pve content.

Tune
01-28-2016, 02:11 AM
You mention a choke hold on pixels.

I don't understand this, considering mobs are left up for days, and sometimes even weeks and no one else kills them. We kill them when we want to, and it's a job/choke hold? lol I guess you've never played on any other server then. Every other server = current expansion raid mobs are dead 10 minutes after they spawn, go check out blue and report back on the choke hold status, thx.

sheer numbers makes it happen

Lasher
01-28-2016, 02:19 AM
Telk is up 90% of the time, Drops nice gear. Can be done with 24.

Its mostly a hybrid mob and most of the gear rots or go to an alt so we dont kill it. This would be a great mob for friends. They have the numbers and have decent amount of hybrids.

Meanwhile you are asking for Devs to modify mobs to kill the mobs with the numbers you have. You arent even killing the mobs that can be killed with the numbers you have

Tune
01-28-2016, 02:23 AM
Telk is up 90% of the time, Drops nice gear. Can be done with 24.

Its mostly a hybrid mob and most of the gear rots or go to an alt so we dont kill it. This would be a great mob for friends. They have the numbers and have decent amount of hybrids.

Meanwhile you are asking for Devs to modify mobs to kill the mobs with the numbers you have. You arent even killing the mobs that can be killed with the numbers you have

a good point

however, average numbers is way less, our numbers have been peaking at 24 lately i'll give u that

this was just an idea to spice the server up a bit and not directly benefit me but get more and more people playing

snufzaimoverlord
01-28-2016, 02:23 AM
Tune.

You need to come to grip with reality.

You've devoted years of your life and an obscene amount of hours to this emu and you have lost.

Nothing will change that.

Tune
01-28-2016, 02:29 AM
Tune.

You need to come to grip with reality.

You've devoted years of your life and an obscene amount of hours to this emu and you have lost.

Nothing will change that.

this statement could get a rise out of some people

but to me it is so naive it is amusing

Flowz
01-28-2016, 03:17 AM
Limiting the number of poeple in a guild wont do anything, most people use some sort of program to communicate now like vent or discord, and they will just split the guild into 2 or 3 instead of one, they will still have the same amount of poeple raiding in the zone but there will be tags like Empire1, Empire2, Empire3, or whatever people want as names,

keyz
01-28-2016, 03:18 AM
Always going to be one big guild dominating on a server like.

Resistance has had chances to compete, but that's a very difficult hill to climb for a number of reasons.

Colgate
01-28-2016, 03:21 AM
Eh, mostly clicky use is mallets for quick aggro (which could easily be done on red with some legwork) and wort pots for Sontalak/Zlandicar. They don't play much of a role in TOV.

Anyway, everything outside of Vyemm is easily killable with 35, and Vyemm himself is MUCH easier now, so I bet with 35 well geared/good class composition raiders it would be possible.

sure, if you had 2 warriors, 5 clerics, and 28 rogues i could see it being doable assuming enchanters/shamans/monks are being logged in/out to buff and pull and none of the clerics fuck up at all at any point of the fight

i could also see the same scenario for AoW being doable with 60 people if you have 4 warriors, 10 clerics, 46 rogues, etc.

but those aren't realistic scenarios

Kergan
01-28-2016, 03:22 AM
The minimum amount of people required to kill a mob is largely irrelevant. There is no down side to bringing 3x what you need.

Welcome to EQ.

unleashedd
01-28-2016, 03:32 AM
There is no down side to bringing 3x what you need.

possibly 3x as many people bitching about not getting their pixels :)

i haven't seen end-game yet, but i see no problem with the way r99 works. if u want ungriefed, uncontested raiding/leveling, go neckbeard on blue. u want a chance at end-game while being "casual"? join the zerg, or croot n contest (yea, u cant contest meaningful end-game, but that just means anything lesser is always free for taking).

Kergan
01-28-2016, 03:49 AM
Plenty of pixels to go around with Velious out. Even in Kunark with Nihilum that wasn't an issue.

TheDuck
01-28-2016, 05:50 AM
we would have to split empires officers in order to get this done, that would be the only way multiple guilds could run on this server.

since noone else on this server is capable of running a guild. lol.

tldr its not empires fault there isnt more competitions, its everyone elses fault.

Tune
01-28-2016, 10:02 AM
The minimum amount of people required to kill a mob is largely irrelevant. There is no down side to bringing 3x what you need.

Welcome to EQ.

this is what im saying

my only idea is to give a sort of downside to increasing number of people for an engagement

its 2016 , lets challenge ourselves, shit is so boring when u kill it with 90 people

Smedy
01-28-2016, 10:14 AM
Problem is that loot is very well and evenly distributed, meaning even those with 90+% RA still have quite a few items to bis anyway. Why quit something that is working so good? Only real berg out has been Gzaz and you can see how well that turned out.

you clearly don't see the big picture, what exactly is working good? that ur char is getting geared?

for what? to run around with armor alone on red99?

see u on wipe day

after 10 years in the emulated eq pvp business (yes longer then all of you) i know the ins and outs of this shit like the top of my dick, pvp servers have an expire date, shit gets stale people get bored. after experiencing how stale red99 has become i think the thing that made vztz so great (even though we hated it back then) was the occasional wipes to stirr things up.

the staff reminds us they will never wipe, i admire their commitment but there will come a time when red99 hits below 10 and they should consider moving those characters over to blue and reboot red, no wipe ever took place, no one can cry about it and the rest of us can be men about it and pvp over dwarven ring mail tunics again

Kergan
01-28-2016, 10:23 AM
this is what im saying

my only idea is to give a sort of downside to increasing number of people for an engagement

its 2016 , lets challenge ourselves, shit is so boring when u kill it with 90 people

I understand what you're saying, and don't necessarily disagree conceptually. But when you say "ourselves" what you really mean is "lets make it harder for Empire". In that way it is really no different than Lite begging for variance.

heartbrand
01-28-2016, 10:31 AM
It's funny because the way Smedy posts you'd think he was at all the huge PvP battles against Nihilum during classic in guk and sol b and lava storm and PoF, but yet for those of us who played here then, he wasn't at any of them.

Smedy
01-28-2016, 10:40 AM
was there to grief you so hard you lost ur mind in unrest though, it's called eurotime bro, my house my time get the fuck outa unrest u feels

HippoNipple
01-28-2016, 10:53 AM
are u retarded?

it would be scaled

Can't wait to 2box Vulak with him being scaled down.

Redi
01-28-2016, 11:08 AM
smedy was rerolling everytime he hit 30 to roleplay a knight class and do scarab helm quest

dudes a real weirdo

nobody forgot

Lasher
01-28-2016, 11:10 AM

Can only speak for myself but im enjoying velious. I was 16 watching dragon ball z when it came out so didnt experience mych of it. Its eq so its not super complicated. Dont let tanks hp hit 0 get mobs hp to 0. But we still wipe when mobs gate or ch or w/e.

Aow is fun, 10th ring is fun, warders are fun.

Its a game enjoy it

heartbrand
01-28-2016, 11:11 AM
ya I dunno how you cud have made it to those 3pm EST [9pm Sweden time] PoF raids Nihilum was doing that we were contesting. sure saw a lot of Danes & other nihilum euros @ the raids tho, and ur boy Moru?

hammbone
01-28-2016, 02:33 PM
On a low population server like this, it's entirely possible for one guild (<Empire>) to dominate the population and the high end kills. We have the same problem that Sullon Zek had--one team dominates.

I know I'll get flamed and trolled for the idea, but would limiting guild sizes do anything to increase competition? Would guilds then just cooperate? Or would having multiple leadership groups create imbalance, bad feelings, and eventually some interesting high end PvP?

I know PvP is broken in Everquest, if for no other reason that one person can cause a wipe on a carefully prepared raid. I also know that some classes are better at PvP than others, and equipment makes a lot of difference (as well as strategy). But the server might be better with more balanced guilds competing, and limiting guild size might be a step toward it.

the title alone makes me want to join empire.

Put in the work and you can overthrow.

Akalakamelee
01-28-2016, 02:45 PM

In a nutshell...

Empire used to be called Holocaust. Holocaust was the megazerg of the time, recruiting literally anyone with a pulse and promising pixels. This drew in tons of people which started to choke out smaller guilds.
This was addressed, but since 200 out of a 300 pop server was promised pixels, they didn't care.
This killed the server. The end.

SamwiseRed
01-28-2016, 02:48 PM
best way to play here is not to care. there will always be a ruling zerg. nilly 1.0 2.0 3.0 will always exist and rule. forget over-throwing unless you can find 50+ real life jobs for the warm bodies that are always present in the winning zerg. so even if you were to topple the current mega zerg either thru petition quest or grief, the warm bodies would app to the new winning guild and the cycle would start all over.

server reset is the only way to level the playing field once in awhile. think diablo 2 ladders/seasons.

Akalakamelee
01-28-2016, 02:51 PM
best way to play here is not to care. there will always be a ruling zerg. nilly 1.0 2.0 3.0 will always exist and rule. forget over-throwing unless you can find 50+ real life jobs for the warm bodies that are always present in the winning zerg, it is not going to happen.

I agree.

Also, Pro tip to anyone new to the forums. Spend very limited time here, most of the forum community is filled with adults that act like this are preteens. I will be the better man and not throw out names, but you know who you are.

SamwiseRed
01-28-2016, 02:56 PM
ye one thing that has always come up in whatever the resistance at the time's teamspeak is, what if we win. before we had even won in one of the iterations of Azrael it came up and Lite was already talking about leaving mobs up. I remember this because Andis was like, fuck that, take all mobs because we need to get geared. Half the guild sided with Lite, half with Andis. And you know what, both were right.

There is no half way on this server. You either take everything and crush the competition or you lose. This really leads me to question (and anyone like myself) whether we really want to win in the first place. I think some of us are happiest when we are the underdogs. Kinda weird when you think about it but some of us play to lose whether we want to admit it or not. Looking back on all the mmos or pvp games I've played, it makes sense. I am always attracted to the losing side, regardless of anything else. I deleted my newt toons on SZ to join the good side, even though I enjoyed the people there and loved being a halfling. 'Taking on the man' is the only way I get satisfaction from a game.

Just something to think about while taking a shit at work/school.

tl dr version, there is none. Don't read it.

Kergan
01-28-2016, 02:58 PM
I agree.

Also, Pro tip to anyone new to the forums. Spend very limited time here, most of the forum community is filled with adults that act like this are preteens. I will be the better man and not throw out names, but you know who you are.

This poster uses preteen girls as forum avatar.

Akalakamelee
01-28-2016, 03:02 PM
This poster uses preteen girls as forum avatar.

Over a year and your still on my sack. get a life dude.

And no that has never happened. Please discontinue your personal attacks as this violates forum polices. Thanks.

Kergan
01-28-2016, 03:08 PM
You are literally using a preteen girl as your forum avatar right now.

Akalakamelee
01-28-2016, 03:10 PM
You are literally using a preteen girl as your forum avatar right now.

If you had even a shred of intellect you would research before you run your mouth. But, i am not to sure that you do. In anycase, you are wrong. I fully intent on sending this to the forum admins in reguards to your violation of forum rules.

Kergan
01-28-2016, 03:14 PM
Sorry not gonna do a google search for "weird creeper preteen forum gif" for research purposes.

derpcake
01-28-2016, 03:16 PM
this forum has people recycling shit into shit

i guess the effort is worth something

SamwiseRed
01-28-2016, 03:19 PM
Recycle something into the same thing would be reusing no?

Reduce, reuse, recycle. Ronald McDonald once taught me the 3 R's to keeping this planet green in elementary school. I'll never forget that assembly. Pras da clown.

Akalakamelee
01-28-2016, 03:19 PM
Sorry not gonna do a google search for "weird creeper preteen forum gif" for research purposes.

Well it's pretty clear what this picture is but i'll tell you anyways.

It's taken from the video from a Miku Hatsune song called "HELLO PLANET" which is done in the 16-bit style, think final fantasy 4 (2 in the USA)
I don't mind explaining it while i hunt down who moderates the forums and report your previous posts. I really wish there was an easier way, maybe people would behave if it wasn't difficult to get forum support.

Kergan
01-28-2016, 03:25 PM
Well it's pretty clear what this picture is but i'll tell you anyways.

It's taken from the video from a Miku Hatsune song called "HELLO PLANET" which is done in the 16-bit style, think final fantasy 4 (2 in the USA)
I don't mind explaining it while i hunt down who moderates the forums and report your previous posts. I really wish there was an easier way, maybe people would behave if it wasn't difficult to get forum support.

Oh sorry my mistake, your creeper anime pedo sig is actually just an underage girl not a preteen.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1752300&postcount=47
According to the company miku hatsune is the age of 16.

HippoNipple
01-28-2016, 03:48 PM
If you had even a shred of intellect you would research before you run your mouth. But, i am not to sure that you do. In anycase, you are wrong. I fully intent on sending this to the forum admins in reguards to your violation of forum rules.

You think someone with a shred of intellect would do research on some creepy pedos choice of girl cartoon characters? You are a delusional creepy pedo freak, accept this persona and stop being defensive about it.

Akalakamelee
01-28-2016, 03:51 PM
You think someone with a shred of intellect would do research on some creepy pedos choice of girl cartoon characters? You are a delusional creepy pedo freak, accept this persona and stop being defensive about it.

I already went ahead and PM'd one of the forum mods, i'm going to go ahead and add your post to the list of kergan's. I left the forums and the server for about a year, do you really have nothing better to do then to harass me and throw personal attacks at me over the internet?

Pokesan
01-28-2016, 03:55 PM
why are you so fond of a pizza mascot

Akalakamelee
01-28-2016, 04:00 PM
why are you so fond of a pizza mascot

Miku is a vocaloid, although she was used in a promotion with domino's japan. I really wish we had that domino's app here, even without the vocaloid part of it, i think everyone could agree that ordering pizza and having it delivered to your exact location (when using GPS on your phone) is just amazing.

Pokesan
01-28-2016, 04:07 PM
what's a vocaloid and how ashamed of you are your parents?

Akalakamelee
01-28-2016, 04:10 PM

Vocaloid is a voice software used to add synthetic vocals to music.
I do pretty well for myself, so i'm pretty sure disappointment isn't a thing. Thanks for your legitimate concern, EQ says i don't have friends. Can we be friends now?

Pokesan
01-28-2016, 04:12 PM
sorry no. i have a rule against being friends with people on the registry.

Ames1
01-28-2016, 04:12 PM

lol

HippoNipple
01-28-2016, 04:25 PM
I already went ahead and PM'd one of the forum mods, i'm going to go ahead and add your post to the list of kergan's. I left the forums and the server for about a year, do you really have nothing better to do then to harass me and throw personal attacks at me over the internet?

I think you should be turned into the Mods and banned from the forums for how creepy you are but would never put in the effort. Thanks for organizing your own petition of people who think you are a pedo and sending it to the Mods.

I expect to see you banned soon.

Akalakamelee
01-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Got prof? no, you don't. Infact you don't even know where i live. This is unjustified personal attacks which is in violation of forum rules. No wonder people see this server as a scum pit.

easy_lee
01-28-2016, 04:38 PM
Why quit something that is working so good?

Which is why we'll never see the community change unless / until the server rules change. To quote Sirken, this server has always been split into two teams: the zerg and everyone else. Zerging is just the most effective strategy for getting loot, particularly when there are no good methods for combating the zerg.

Item loot isn't enabled, can't take their pixels.
Training isn't allowed, can't use mobs to even the numbers
Pelling raid targets and similar aren't allowed, can't disrupt raids.
High resists and OP weapons ensure that strategies like nuking key targets and AoE are less effective and BiS melee are king, one less way to combat the zerg.
No reward for PvP, no reason not to join the zerg.

Things will remain as they are unless the server rules change.

Fame
01-28-2016, 04:38 PM
Jesus

grannock
01-28-2016, 04:40 PM
ye one thing that has always come up in whatever the resistance at the time's teamspeak is, what if we win. before we had even won in one of the iterations of Azrael it came up and Lite was already talking about leaving mobs up. I remember this because Andis was like, fuck that, take all mobs because we need to get geared. Half the guild sided with Lite, half with Andis. And you know what, both were right.

There is no half way on this server. You either take everything and crush the competition or you lose. This really leads me to question (and anyone like myself) whether we really want to win in the first place. I think some of us are happiest when we are the underdogs. Kinda weird when you think about it but some of us play to lose whether we want to admit it or not. Looking back on all the mmos or pvp games I've played, it makes sense. I am always attracted to the losing side, regardless of anything else. I deleted my newt toons on SZ to join the good side, even though I enjoyed the people there and loved being a halfling. 'Taking on the man' is the only way I get satisfaction from a game.

Just something to think about while taking a shit at work/school.

tl dr version, there is none. Don't read it.

Maybe if you spent more time considering how to win instead of what to do if you win, you might not have gotten your ass kicked.

Akalakamelee
01-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Which is why we'll never see the community change unless / until the server rules change. To quote Sirken, this server has always been split into two teams: the zerg and everyone else. Zerging is just the most effective strategy for getting loot, particularly when there are no good methods for combating the zerg.

High resists and OP weapons ensure that strategies like nuking key targets and AoE are less effective and BiS melee are king, one less way to combat the zerg.
No reward for PvP, no reason not to join the zerg if it's well-managed.

I don't think training AND item loot would be healthy, but a choice of one or the other would be healthy. Personally i think item loot is better, it forces people to either run around naked and be easier targets, or risk high value resist gear.

It seems like the current rules favors the zerg and makes R99 into P99 2.0

grannock
01-28-2016, 04:50 PM

No reward for PvP, no reason not to join the zerg.

Colgate and gong could take 12 people and prevent 100 man zerg from killing shit in ntov, why does everyone else suck?

easy_lee
01-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Colgate and gong could take 12 people and prevent 100 man zerg from killing shit in ntov, why does everyone else suck?

Yeah, they can. Too bad there's no incentive to do so because no item loot or related reward. Stopping a raid from killing a mob is a lot easier than stopping them and killing the mob yourself, week after week.

grannock
01-28-2016, 05:04 PM
Yeah, they can. Too bad there's no incentive to do so because no item loot or related reward. Stopping a raid from killing a mob is a lot easier than stopping them and killing the mob yourself, week after week.

Hu? If you could turn tov raids into 4 hour shitshow cr runs for 100 people the zerg would lose its momentum really fast. The only people with the knowhow or the balls are running the show. Not our failt eveyone else is scared to bring their mains to pvp and the number one contesting strat is "lets sit at their binds and hope they wipe to the dragon".

easy_lee
01-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Hu? If you could turn tov raids into 4 hour shitshow cr runs for 100 people the zerg would lose its momentum really fast. The only people with the knowhow or the balls are running the show. Not our failt eveyone else is scared to bring their mains to pvp and the number one contesting strat is "lets sit at their binds and hope they wipe to the dragon".

Except it's been done before and the zerg still doesn't lose its momentum. You might stop the zerg a few times, but at the end of the day they have more bodies and more targets to go after.

The worst anyone's ever done since Kunark is "steal" pixels from the big dogs a few times. But the big dogs still get most of the loot. Can't really stop them when the worst you can do is send them back to their spawn points.

Especially when we have bullshit like LnS and rules against bind camping which create one more protection for the bluebies.

Sear
01-28-2016, 05:11 PM
We tried a size limit on VZTZ (to discourage one guild from dominating the server) and it did not work.

Restrict based on size and you just end up with offshoot/sibling guilds that raid together at a slight inconvenience.

I'd be curious to see if the dominant zerg guild pattern still emerges on a server with hardcoded teams.

There's no easy dev/staff solution on a FFA box. If I was a player and I gave a shit I'd try to find other players who are bored to death of the lack of competition and start another guild.

Baugi
01-28-2016, 05:16 PM
Hu? If you could turn tov raids into 4 hour shitshow cr runs for 100 people the zerg would lose its momentum really fast.

There's not much practical difference between spending 4 hours for a ~1/100 chance at loot and spending 4 hours getting wiped. It's really hard to kill the "momentum" of people playing a 15yr old game when they don't really have any other option for experiencing the content.

Not our failt eveyone else is scared to bring their mains to pvp and the number one contesting strat is "lets sit at their binds and hope they wipe to the dragon".

You realize they do this to farm YT and not to contest right?

FraggleRock
01-28-2016, 05:17 PM
I get tons of loot on my empire alt. they are more than fair

Baugi
01-28-2016, 05:25 PM
I get tons of loot on my empire alt. they are more than fair

Didn't mean to imply they weren't. I was under the impression that NToV dragons were dropping one loot?

In any case, chance of pixels on any given night is rather small anyway so you'd have to deny them over a rather long period to make people feel the pixel hurt.

Xaanka
01-28-2016, 06:36 PM
you should all be ashamed of yourselves for posting in this thread

Xaanka
01-28-2016, 06:44 PM

Tᴜɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅᴇsᴛ & ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴘᴀᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍs. Dᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴀɴʏʙᴏᴅʏ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ʙᴀɴɴᴇᴅ sᴇʀᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇᴊᴇᴄᴛ ᴡʜᴏ ʜᴀs ᴢᴇʀᴏ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴇɴᴅ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ʀᴀɪᴅɪɴɢ's ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴs ᴏɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴇɴᴅ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ʀᴀɪᴅɪɴɢ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ? Yᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ғᴏᴄᴜs ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴏɴ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀᴘᴘʟʏɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴊᴏʙ ᴏʀ ғᴏᴏᴅ sᴛᴀᴍᴘs ɪɴsᴛᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ᴘᴏsᴛɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍs. Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ. Yᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴇᴀsɪʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅᴇsᴛ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ᴘᴏsᴛɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍs ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴀsʜᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴏғ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘᴏsᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ. Gᴏᴅ ʙʟᴇss. -Aɴɪᴍᴇ

easy_lee
01-28-2016, 06:58 PM
Tᴜɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅᴇsᴛ & ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴘᴀᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍs. Dᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴀɴʏʙᴏᴅʏ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ʙᴀɴɴᴇᴅ sᴇʀᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇᴊᴇᴄᴛ ᴡʜᴏ ʜᴀs ᴢᴇʀᴏ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴇɴᴅ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ʀᴀɪᴅɪɴɢ's ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴs ᴏɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴇɴᴅ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ʀᴀɪᴅɪɴɢ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ? Yᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ғᴏᴄᴜs ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴏɴ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀᴘᴘʟʏɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴊᴏʙ ᴏʀ ғᴏᴏᴅ sᴛᴀᴍᴘs ɪɴsᴛᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ᴘᴏsᴛɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍs. Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ. Yᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴇᴀsɪʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅᴇsᴛ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ᴘᴏsᴛɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍs ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴀsʜᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴏғ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘᴏsᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ. Gᴏᴅ ʙʟᴇss. -Aɴɪᴍᴇ

Coming from a guy who spams threads he doesn't like with pixelated bullshit.

We're all capable of changing the font and shitting up the forum. We just refrain because we aren't slap happy faggots.

Efwan
01-28-2016, 07:36 PM

/thread

heartbrand
01-28-2016, 07:41 PM
There's not much practical difference between spending 4 hours for a ~1/100 chance at loot and spending 4 hours getting wiped. It's really hard to kill the "momentum" of people playing a 15yr old game when they don't really have any other option for experiencing the content.

You realize they do this to farm YT and not to contest right?

I don't think you understand math or basic logic. Are you saying only 1 piece of loot drops per four hour raid? An average ToV raid night yields around 25 pieces of loot, which would make it a 25% chance per raid of someone getting loot per raid day, or a 100% chance of getting loot per week.

Thanks.

Xaanka
01-28-2016, 07:48 PM
Coming from a guy who spams threads he doesn't like with pixelated bullshit.

We're all capable of changing the font and shitting up the forum. We just refrain because we aren't slap happy faggots.

i only do that to the most absolute garbage of trash threads. its not a font tho it's a script.

Junebug99
01-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Tune a server reject?
Drybone 217 1 217.00 XXX
vs
Anime 3 42 0.07 XXX
yea ok dude

Xaanka
01-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Tune a server reject?
Drybone 217 1 217.00 XXX
vs
Anime 3 42 0.07 XXX
yea ok dude

Ragnaros 0
Drybone 0
vs
Anime 2

Ring 10 completions

Ragnaros 0
Drybone 0
vs
Anime 1

sry but neither of you have any experience with velious raiding

Baugi
01-28-2016, 08:09 PM
I don't think you understand math or basic logic. Are you saying only 1 piece of loot drops per four hour raid?

Shit man, I don't know. Raids took longer on classic.

An average ToV raid night yields around 25 pieces of loot, which would make it a 25% chance per raid of someone getting loot per raid day, or a 100% chance of getting loot per week.

1-(.75)^4 = 0.68 (I'm also fairly confident you don't get 25 drops from NToV four times a week)

In any case, I don't know why you think the details matter. The point was that a normal person isn't going to flip out and leave the only endgame raiding guild on the server because they missed one night's worth of potential loot.

Efwan
01-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Tune a server reject?
Drybone 217 1 217.00 XXX
vs
Anime 3 42 0.07 XXX
yea ok dude

Let's be honest.

Bind camping/self harm touching pvp numbers aside, Tune is a server reject.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't 100-0 Anime in a 1v1, but yeah.

Xaanka
01-28-2016, 09:31 PM
Let's be honest.

ya my point is none of that matters in a discussion about pve. neither ragnaros or tune are qualified to talk about velious raiding, its basically just a fantasy to them that neither of them has ever experienced. re: 35 man ntov clears

Nirgon
01-28-2016, 10:33 PM
hey guys I followed Gongshow around and hit 2 buttons

easy_lee
01-28-2016, 10:58 PM
ya my point is none of that matters in a discussion about pve. neither ragnaros or tune are qualified to talk about velious raiding, its basically just a fantasy to them that neither of them has ever experienced. re: 35 man ntov clears

Holy shit, are you pretending that zerg raiding is difficult, some kind of commendable achievement? Ding! You gained a level in autism, pork chop.

Xaanka
01-28-2016, 11:13 PM
Holy shit, are you pretending that zerg raiding is difficult, some kind of commendable achievement? Ding! You gained a level in autism, pork chop.

Holy shit, are you pretending velious content was designed for small guilds when even the official progression servers let 70 into their instanced versions of the raid zones?

easy_lee
01-29-2016, 12:33 AM
Holy shit, are you pretending velious content was designed for small guilds when even the official progression servers let 70 into their instanced versions of the raid zones?

Holy shit, read my other posts. Classic or broke, aspy.

Junebug99
01-29-2016, 08:12 AM
Let's be honest.

Yeah man Tune is a real reject he has 3 botb titles to his name ( 2 of them first place) and co led the top guild on this server for a few years. You on the other hand follow Gongshow with 100 people and auto attack a mob.

Tassador
01-29-2016, 09:08 AM

fiegi 8.0
01-29-2016, 10:11 AM

Lol'd

I'd give this post a solid 6.5

Samsung
01-29-2016, 11:02 AM
Yeah man Tune is a real reject he has 3 botb titles to his name ( 2 of them first place) and co led the top guild on this server for a few years. You on the other hand follow Gongshow with 100 people and auto attack a mob.

I love you Anime but I agree with rag. Tune is pretty accomplished here. He could of easily got into Empire if he wanted to. I give him props.

Redi
01-29-2016, 11:09 AM
Log on the botb titles and prove it

derpcake
01-29-2016, 11:25 AM
gonna tell you to log on your ntov chars after the server is wiped

gonna be goog

Bionic
01-29-2016, 11:38 AM
I don't think you understand math or basic logic. Are you saying only 1 piece of loot drops per four hour raid? An average ToV raid night yields around 25 pieces of loot, which would make it a 25% chance per raid of someone getting loot per raid day, or a 100% chance of getting loot per week.

Thanks.

This is greatness. Most ironic self troll I have even seen. A true classic.

Kudos to you, sir!

heartbrand
01-29-2016, 11:44 AM
Yikes u dum also?

Efwan
01-29-2016, 12:02 PM

Lol people still cling to botb titles from 2012? Newsflash it's 2016 now and velious is out noone gives a shit about those. If he isn't a server reject then why hasn't he been able to unite a formidable raid force for ANY velious targets? (Answer: he's a reject noone wants to play with a cheater except other cheaters) Link his velious loots plz? Because his pvp record shows nothing special considering he's A. A sk, and B. Bind camps with the rest of them. Kudos for being able to escape death once you drop below 40% because you can HT though I guess.

easy_lee
01-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Lol people still cling to botb titles from 2012? Newsflash it's 2016 now and velious is out noone gives a shit about those.

People still care about botb titles because that's the last time this server actually had meaningful achievements and good PvP events. Nobody besides the bluebie raiders cares about velious pixels. Velious loot is easy to get and doesn't mean anything.

We used to have an expression on Red: if it happened on blue, it doesn't matter. Blue was the no-contest server, while leveling and gearing on Red forced you to fight and think on your feet.

But that's no longer true. Red is a blue box now. Zergs travel in large groups for comfort because they can't do shit on their own. Plugging and rules against training, exp death, and LnS protect them from PvP. Bind Camping is the best entertainment left for actual PvP players here, and even it is against the rules.

Revert to classic, bring back item loot, remove /petition, let the Red players be Red again.

Samsung
01-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Lol people still cling to botb titles from 2012? Newsflash it's 2016 now and velious is out noone gives a shit about those. If he isn't a server reject then why hasn't he been able to unite a formidable raid force for ANY velious targets? (Answer: he's a reject noone wants to play with a cheater except other cheaters) Link his velious loots plz? Because his pvp record shows nothing special considering he's A. A sk, and B. Bind camps with the rest of them. Kudos for being able to escape death once you drop below 40% because you can HT though I guess.

So you joined the top guild and think your something? News flash nobody knows who you are.

derpcake
01-29-2016, 12:32 PM
So you joined the top guild and think your something? News flash nobody knows who you are.

i tried polling random people irl on their knowledge of both empire and other players

so far 0% is familiar with either

maybe a Hollywood production would help, its not like the material is lacking

Kergan
01-29-2016, 12:42 PM
They had BOTBs on blue servers too.

Efwan
01-29-2016, 01:01 PM

You still banned? Funny how rustled people are that I joined empire 2 months ago coming from the resistance, and I haven't changed a bit since then. You still mad because app denied? I assume that's why you're not ever online anymore and hope it's not because you got caught up with your rmt sickness again.

derpcake
01-29-2016, 01:08 PM
They had BOTBs on blue servers too.

with more contestants per class then r99 has players

same thing tho

Tune
01-29-2016, 01:38 PM
I never hted myself

not saying I would avoid the opportunity if death was inevitable

continue the mad I supposed

I got lost in the shit talk what's the current topic we are talking shit about now?

Huelath
01-29-2016, 01:41 PM
I never hted myself

not saying I would avoid the opportunity if death was inevitable

continue the mad I supposed

I got lost in the shit talk what's the current topic we are talking shit about now?

i'm better than you at warhammer

indicated by you and vaporize logging on level 1 afk boxes to try to get an advantage in scenarios after getting rolled by dentists LOL

Redi
01-29-2016, 01:47 PM
Dunk on vapo and tune anytime they in my scenarios it's not even close

Junebug99
01-29-2016, 01:54 PM
ya no clue who fags xaanka and efwan are confronting box legends like me and tune
stick to auto attacking dragons dude plz

Bionic
01-29-2016, 01:55 PM

Thanks.

This is greatness. Most ironic self troll I have even seen. A true classic.

Kudos to you, sir!

Yikes u dum also?

Lol. Not hardly. But from your post I quoted one could certainly make that assumption about you.

Would you like for me to clear up your mistakes for you?

Efwan
01-29-2016, 01:59 PM
ya no clue who fags xaanka and efwan are confronting box legends like me and tune
stick to auto attacking dragons dude plz

RIP wilsun

Samsung
01-29-2016, 01:59 PM
You still banned? Funny how rustled people are that I joined empire 2 months ago coming from the resistance, and I haven't changed a bit since then. You still mad because app denied? I assume that's why you're not ever online anymore and hope it's not because you got caught up with your rmt sickness again.

Nobody is rustled that you joined Empire, the whole point is you are calling players that have a proven history of success compared to yourself that nobody knows not to mention you joined the top.

Efwan
01-29-2016, 02:01 PM
Nobody is rustled that you joined Empire, the whole point is you are calling players that have a proven history of success compared to yourself that nobody knows not to mention you joined the top.

What is it that you consider success on this box right now? Not being able to raid anything even without interference? You still living in 2014? Yikes.

Also app denied.

Colgate
01-29-2016, 02:09 PM
People still care about botb titles because that's the last time this server actually had meaningful achievements and good PvP events. Nobody besides the bluebie raiders cares about velious pixels. Velious loot is easy to get and doesn't mean anything.

We used to have an expression on Red: if it happened on blue, it doesn't matter. Blue was the no-contest server, while leveling and gearing on Red forced you to fight and think on your feet.

But that's no longer true. Red is a blue box now. Zergs travel in large groups for comfort because they can't do shit on their own. Plugging and rules against training, exp death, and LnS protect them from PvP. Bind Camping is the best entertainment left for actual PvP players here, and even it is against the rules.

Revert to classic, bring back item loot, remove /petition, let the Red players be Red again.

lol what? almost every single best of the best here was ruined either by horrible rules or horrible resist code

Colgate
01-29-2016, 02:21 PM

indicated by you and vaporize logging on level 1 afk boxes to try to get an advantage in scenarios after getting rolled by dentists LOL

ya i love shitstomping tards across multiple fantasy worlds

Doors
01-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Guilds would just form alliances then. If the box population supported it.

miraclegrow2
01-29-2016, 02:25 PM
didnt read thread, but your opinion means nothing on the internet

just saying

heartbrand
01-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Lol. Not hardly. But from your post I quoted one could certainly make that assumption about you.

Would you like for me to clear up your mistakes for you?

Not hardly. cool English bro.

person a says everyone has 1/100 shot @ loot per raid. I point out typically 25 items drop on an average NToV raid. Using his [false] number of 100 players per raid, 25 items if distributed evenly across 100 people would mean a 25% chance at winning a loot per ntov raid. that would seem to be significantly higher than 1%.

in b4 u write some weird math equations no1 gives a fuck about to illustrate some point no1 cares about.

thx

Bionic
01-29-2016, 02:45 PM
Not hardly. cool English bro.

person a says everyone has 1/100 shot @ loot per raid. I point out typically 25 items drop on an average NToV raid. Using his [false] number of 100 players per raid, 25 items if distributed evenly across 100 people would mean a 25% chance at winning a loot per ntov raid. that would seem to be significantly higher than 1%.

in b4 u write some weird math equations no1 gives a fuck about to illustrate some point no1 cares about.

thx

Oh, I'm not going to waste my time with all that, lol.

Your hypothetical still has a few presuppositions present that are not accounted for that can skew your percentages drastically either way.

TLDR version - U dum n talkin out ur bum.

LOL @ Empire "evenly distributing" loot too.

heartbrand
01-29-2016, 03:21 PM

Your hypothetical still has a few presuppositions present that are not accounted for that can skew your percentages drastically either way.

only an unemployed nerd would take what was a simple counter [25 items often drop vs 1 per raid night] and turn it into a pre-algebra lesson. plz focus ur energy on job hunting. thx u.

Gardur
01-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Just gonna drop in here to say

Chewps got kicked out of the resistance for account stripping a pal of his and has definitely changed since then. Probly knows nothing about tune other than what he's heard in TS circle jerks.

Server isn't dead yet, building from scratch takes time. Just keep logging in and playing with your pals for fun. Velious doesn't need to be a race to the top; there's a shit ton of progressing that can be done without zerging and Empire's raid schedule leaves a lot of merbs up for sniping.

easy_lee
01-29-2016, 03:44 PM
only an unemployed nerd would take what was a simple counter [25 items often drop vs 1 per raid night] and turn it into a pre-algebra lesson. plz focus ur energy on job hunting. thx u.

Don't pretend you actually know anyone here just based on their posts. After all, if we had to guess your lifestyle based on your posts, we'd all assume you were a four foot pedophile who shits in an ice tray each morning and later uses it to chill his Empire-approved Redbull. Good thing we don't all make assumptions.

Besides, you don't actually PvP. You just want more PvE content, and keep whining for Luclin. Your opinions don't matter.

snufzaimoverlord
01-29-2016, 03:54 PM

36 Loots in NTOV this week, 5 hours total raid time, dems the numbers.

dis_mornin
01-29-2016, 04:03 PM

Chewps got kicked out of the resistance for account stripping a pal of his and has definitely changed since then. Probly knows nothing about tune other than what he's heard in TS circle jerks.

Server isn't dead yet, building from scratch takes time. Just keep logging in and playing with your pals for fun. Velious doesn't need to be a race to the top; there's a shit ton of progressing that can be done without zerging and Empire's raid schedule leaves a lot of merbs up for sniping.

Pras Gardur. A resistance leader I can believe in. Also pras all of casual scum. For most part they don't run from pvp they know they will probably lose like friends does.. And always have good positive attitudes no matter the outcome. Except Akinn. Dude doesn't pvp anyone with an 8+ Dain ring.

Also. Can I join CS on my monk? Where do I drop an app?

Crazycloud
01-29-2016, 04:13 PM
lol what? almost every single best of the best here was ruined either by horrible rules or horrible resist code

This.

Three things EMU has never 100 % fixed that completely changes PVP.

Resist code, rules and lag. Players skip so much more here then live servers.

Samsung
01-29-2016, 04:23 PM
ya i love shitstomping tards across multiple fantasy worlds

Lmao

Gardur
01-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Pras Gardur. A resistance leader I can believe in. Also pras all of casual scum. For most part they don't run from pvp they know they will probably lose like friends does.. And always have good positive attitudes no matter the outcome. Except Akinn. Dude doesn't pvp anyone with an 8+ Dain ring.

Also. Can I join CS on my monk? Where do I drop an app?

Thanks

@Akinn #roguelife

Not crooting Empire alts.

See you in ToV (in 2037)

CS recruiting

Jazzy
01-29-2016, 04:44 PM
Gardur for prez

dis_mornin
01-29-2016, 04:44 PM
Thanks

@Akinn #roguelife

Not crooting Empire alts.

See you in ToV (in 2037)

CS recruiting

Aviato is more like a third main.

SamwiseRed
01-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Aviato is spanish for Aviat

Efwan
01-29-2016, 04:57 PM

Actually, no, I love debunking half truths but I'm not going to bore people with the intricate details of takyn/exed in jail etc and you "kicking" me and then apologizing later because the reasoning and the crappy way you dealt with it. I got kicked from CS, not the resistance, you guys would've invited me back once I asked and friends was already under the impression that I was joining them, aka vapo always asking me where I am and if I'm rdy for an invite etc. Keep trying to act big and bad for kicking someone and apologizing after though lol.

Jazzy
01-29-2016, 05:04 PM
virg detected :)

Tune
01-29-2016, 05:28 PM

I havnt been logging I'm to warhammer

do u really want me to play Warhammer now?

literally name the class u want me to destroy u with and I will do it.

Tune
01-29-2016, 05:30 PM

pretty dumb statement the rules are the same for both people

Huelath
01-29-2016, 05:30 PM
I havnt been logging I'm to warhammer

do u really want me to play Warhammer now?

literally name the class u want me to destroy u with and I will do it.

sure once you get past my 5 closest friends and bodyguards bundy, rogean, lexsteele, nazi and gottem

Huelath
01-29-2016, 05:32 PM
oh and by god dont let me forget our brave hero wheelchairlord

Slathar
01-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Actually, no, I love debunking half truths but I'm not going to bore people with the intricate details of takyn/exed in jail etc and you "kicking" me and then apologizing later because the reasoning and the crappy way you dealt with it. I got kicked from CS, not the resistance, you guys would've invited me back once I asked and friends was already under the impression that I was joining them, aka vapo always asking me where I am and if I'm rdy for an invite etc. Keep trying to act big and bad for kicking someone and apologizing after though lol.

I can 100% say I've never heard of you. You aren't welcome to Friends and never have been and never will be. Post logs or kindly fuck off to the EC tunnel on blue.

Idiot.

Efwan
01-29-2016, 05:42 PM
Good :)

Tune
01-29-2016, 05:43 PM
God the empire Kool aid is strong as fuk

this chewps guy is a complete stranger. he is instructed to hate and slander me, a complete stranger mind you

a cheater? lol dude there is good evidence I'm not a cheater. I bet u believe everything the government tells you as well? this emu isn't any different buddy

baxters
01-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Im new and dont have the background on this server that many of you have. But asking to have everquest fundamentally changed to meet peoples inadequacies is rediculous. Why waste any time even posting on these forums about it? Either log in, find competent leadership and form a viable resistance or go play one of the countless other games that better meets your needs. Zerg this zerg that, empire plays within existing rules and wins because its its competent leadership and solid member base. Few people are jobless weirdos with endless playtimes; the guild is successful because of its consistent, focused, goal-directed efforts. It should be obvious how to compete effectively and that shouldnt involve making a new game of red99

Tune
01-29-2016, 05:47 PM
see baxters. I would agree with you but look at the toxic posts your guild mates make

that drives the population down and when there is not enough people to recruit to even make up half your zerg there in lies the problem

easy_lee
01-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Im new and dont have the background on this server that many of you have. But asking to have everquest fundamentally changed to meet peoples inadequacies is rediculous. Why waste any time even posting on these forums about it? Either log in, find competent leadership and form a viable resistance or go play one of the countless other games that better meets your needs. Zerg this zerg that, empire plays within existing rules and wins because its its competent leadership and solid member base. Few people are jobless weirdos with endless playtimes; the guild is successful because of its consistent, focused, goal-directed efforts. It should be obvious how to compete effectively and that shouldnt involve making a new game of red99

People don't really want a new game. We want one that's like the one we had when the server was first created. An experience more like it was back in 1999, in other words.

EatitNerd
01-29-2016, 05:54 PM
Lol notice the OP hasn't been replying in his own dumb thread because it's just some anon friends account complaining for not classic changes because they lost the server. Kek

Sear
01-29-2016, 05:55 PM
yea EAT IT NERDS

top kek

FaithlessKR
01-29-2016, 06:02 PM
sure once you get past my 5 closest friends and bodyguards bundy, rogean, lexsteele, nazi and gottem

Hey fuck you yulath :(

Nirgon
01-29-2016, 06:15 PM
Dentists is cruitin

Colgate
01-29-2016, 06:17 PM
welp gonna log onto warhammer tonight and slam dunk vapo crew with a level 4 melee again

Huelath
01-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Hey fuck you yulath :(

i forgot your character's name please forgive me

i know it was 1 of the ASOIAF bitches tho

FaithlessKR
01-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Melisandre wrecking fools daily

iiNGloriouS
01-29-2016, 06:42 PM
Fuck you Salt. You left me.

Also LOL at Tune telling everyone he doesn't cheat. Dawg. You maxed out every tradeskill for velious. To have it banned because you were using scripts. As well as in Seb Crypt.

The prof is in the ban.

FaithlessKR
01-29-2016, 06:46 PM
Fuck you Salt. You left me.

Never..you never left me...you will be with me...

http://49.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pfbgZzaz1r19909o1_500.gif

iiNGloriouS
01-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Never..you never left me...you will be with me...

http://49.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pfbgZzaz1r19909o1_500.gif

http://i.imgur.com/yXoPsOS.gif

Junebug99
01-29-2016, 08:38 PM
Server doesn't need any limits, although Empire is equally if not more responsible as < Friends > with the server pop going down and there not being even a noticeable ( #2 guild) I think the aspect that Velious is the end ( Staff confirmed they aren't doing Luclin), and frankly nobody cares for custom content has a lot to do with people quitting. For those of you complaining about the Empire monopoly and you are in < Friends > and want to kill content then maybe you should tell Vaporize to start logging in during the day instead of hiding in his private teamspeak with his nutthuggers at 3 AM complaining that the server sucks

Colgate
01-29-2016, 08:40 PM
well at 3 AM these days vaporize is getting deepdicked on warhammer

fiegi 8.0
01-29-2016, 08:41 PM
you clowning that guy in multiple mmos?

Colgate
01-29-2016, 08:43 PM
yaw

giving em the buzzsaw treatment

Barladore
01-29-2016, 10:43 PM
Server doesn't need any limits, although Empire is equally if not more responsible as < Friends > with the server pop going down and there not being even a noticeable ( #2 guild) I think the aspect that Velious is the end ( Staff confirmed they aren't doing Luclin), and frankly nobody cares for custom content has a lot to do with people quitting. For those of you complaining about the Empire monopoly and you are in < Friends > and want to kill content then maybe you should tell Vaporize to start logging in during the day instead of hiding in his private teamspeak with his nutthuggers at 3 AM complaining that the server sucks

Agree with what you said minus the vapo bit, the guy never wanted to lead in the first place (and who could blame him)? Truth is we just need an exact copy of red99 with the normal timeline to keep us entertained for another 2-3 years.

Xaanka
01-29-2016, 11:05 PM

friends in shambles

dis_mornin
01-30-2016, 08:28 PM

Empire could kill Vulak with 35. But we don't field high #s to kill only Vulak. There's a reason empire wipes to AoW with 90 and its not any lack of skill or what not. It's because that's what the mob requires. Let's make that the standard. Guild sizes should = minimum required amount of players to kill AoW. Which currently is 90ish on Red99. If you think it can be done with less. Prove it with your guild.

Uuruk
01-30-2016, 08:41 PM
Custom content 2021. Confirmed

Pope Hat
01-30-2016, 09:04 PM
I am not a member of Empire but I actually like it that there is such a large guild on the server. /shrug

TheBiznessTZ
01-30-2016, 09:35 PM
Oh damn ragnaros #shotsfired. Looking for victim with multiple bullet wounds.

TheBiznessTZ
01-30-2016, 09:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yXoPsOS.gif

Late night chat tonight revy? You down boo?

Beastagoog
01-30-2016, 09:58 PM
YIKES RAG DROPPING TRUTH BOMBS.

Xaanka
01-31-2016, 07:06 PM
YIKES RAG DROPPING TRUTH BOMBS.

http://i.imgur.com/UOzcXX8.gif