PDA

View Full Version : Grats Andis on Server First AoN Purchase Through In-Game Currency

Guido
01-27-2016, 12:30 PM
I want to take this time to thank all the parties involved:

Kilbur - helped me a lot throughout the whole process, transferring, porting around, spotting some plat, to make it all happen. Really appreciate it pal. You are a one of a kind friend.

The Spore King - helped me a whole lot with a few fungus tunics that made this trade/plat exchange all possible. Have faith in the fungus.

Lastly whoever anon account sold me the AoN - I want to thank you for filling a void in my everquest career that needed filling for quite some time now. On all previous boxes I never had the opportunity to click a chicken bone and now I do. Cheers to you sir. And Cyren if it is you, I love you lots. Enjoy the riches.

It truly has been the biggest quest ever for me since when I first started here on project 1999. Dreams are possible to reach here on red99.

Lastly, I just wanna give a big FUCK YOU to Lite. FUCK YOU LITE. CHICKEN BONE ACQUIRED YOU SCUM PIECE OF SHIT.

that is all.

Signed,

A true everquest hero,

King Andis

MEGANS LAW
01-27-2016, 12:33 PM
grats man.

chickenbones are powerful relics from an bygone age. i hope you find the joy of the chicken bonees like i have.

live long and prosper chicken brother.

Uuruk
01-27-2016, 12:36 PM
Enjoy your chicken bones fighting 30 people

fan D
01-27-2016, 12:51 PM
welcome baby

Kergan
01-27-2016, 12:53 PM
everquest career

cringed

Guido
01-27-2016, 12:55 PM
kergan were you always a hater? you cant be happy for me one time?

Kergan
01-27-2016, 12:55 PM
kergan were you always a hater? you cant be happy for me one time?

You know what you're right. It is a good feeling to get something you have wanted for a long time, game or not.

Grats bro.

Guido
01-27-2016, 12:56 PM
appreciate it.

feels goog.

Junebug99
01-27-2016, 01:30 PM
sorry tune beat you by 3 years he bought skellys for 100k

Rallos
01-27-2016, 01:50 PM
@Braknar

I would keep a very close eye on the sellers assets

considering the circumstances (good luck)

derpcake
01-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Grats dude.

You a special pal, but at least you have an AoN rite

krazyGlue
01-27-2016, 01:54 PM
Redd purchased his aon from lite for 220k. Pre velious

krazyGlue
01-27-2016, 01:55 PM
@Braknar

I would keep a very close eye on the sellers assets

considering the circumstances (good luck)

Hi retti , reported for ban evasion

dis_mornin
01-27-2016, 02:03 PM
Seeing as Andis consciously knew that this Chickenbone was being sold in order to liquidate the plat for irl doll hairs... I think he should be immediately banned for being a co conspirator in Cyrens known RMT pursuits. Hoping Obama can the justice department to look into this one.

Kilbur
01-27-2016, 02:04 PM
I felt the power... That shit is stressful carrying that thing around hahaha. Grats dog, long live FF for taking us in and showing us the way.

Rallos
01-27-2016, 02:11 PM
Hi retti , reported for ban evasion

http://i.imgur.com/6x6NvEw.gif

Kilbur
01-27-2016, 02:12 PM
Seeing as Andis consciously knew that this Chickenbone was being sold in order to liquidate the plat for irl doll hairs... I think he should be immediately banned for being a co conspirator in Cyrens known RMT pursuits. Hoping Obama can the justice department to look into this one.

Greaaaaaaaat. I want no part in this!! Lol

Guido
01-27-2016, 02:18 PM
I felt the power... That shit is stressful carrying that thing around hahaha. Grats dog, long live FF for taking us in and showing us the way.

FF for life

pras kilbur

morning that's messed up. lol

Uuruk
01-27-2016, 02:33 PM
Retti on account #101 and sadly still overweight and diabetes. Hopefully #102 changes that.

georgie
01-27-2016, 02:45 PM
2nd thread?

Downs?

barrettdc1
01-27-2016, 02:46 PM
Meanwhile I'll cast a Skelly illusion and save a billion plat.

SamwiseRed
01-27-2016, 02:46 PM
Noone in game to congratulate him.

Fame
01-27-2016, 02:56 PM
How come you didn't loot one?

Nirgon
01-27-2016, 03:02 PM
Meanwhile I'll cast a Skelly illusion and save a billion plat.

being able to zone in (or hop otherwise) and instant skeleton and having another clicky... is worth it

barrettdc1
01-27-2016, 03:29 PM
being able to zone in (or hop otherwise) and instant skeleton and having another clicky... is worth it

Yea, the 2-3 second cast time I have is REALLY a game changer....not.

Ames1
01-27-2016, 03:31 PM

You dumb or somethin'?

Nirgon
01-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Okay while you're getting zone hopped by melees? Go ahead, zone over and cast that skeleton illusion bro.

I'll be here snortling if u need me.

barrettdc1
01-27-2016, 03:40 PM
Okay while you're getting zone hopped by melees? Go ahead, zone over and cast that skeleton illusion bro.

I'll be here snortling if u need me.

Keep snorting. In reality if you need to skelly illusion you're bad at PVP. Case closed.

Colgate
01-27-2016, 03:40 PM

3 seconds of standing still to cast skeleton illusion every time it gets dispelled or you zone is enough time for you to get killed a majority of the time

having to waste a spell slot on that spell sucks too

barrettdc1
01-27-2016, 03:41 PM
3 seconds of standing still to cast skeleton illusion every time it gets dispelled or you zone is enough time for you to get killed a majority of the time

having to waste a spell slot on that spell sucks too

Sure, if you stick to zone lines to PVP that makes a difference.

Kergan
01-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Is this retarded person really comparing casting a 2+ sec spell that needs to be memmed to a spammable buff clicky that works indoors?

Colgate
01-27-2016, 03:43 PM
yea i don't wanna sound like a dick but it's clear you aren't very experienced in enchanter/necromancer pvp

derpcake
01-27-2016, 04:30 PM
lol

dis_mornin
01-27-2016, 04:44 PM
yea i don't wanna sound like a dick but it's clear you aren't very experienced in enchanter/necromancer pvp

Or red99 pvp in general

Guido
01-27-2016, 04:56 PM
~*!~*~*!**!~*~!*~*~!*~**~!~*~**MMMMMMYYYYY PPPPRECCCCCIOOUUSSSSSS~!~!~!~*!*~!*~*!*~!*~*!*~

Genedin
01-27-2016, 05:04 PM
well

now you can retire like the rest of us

godspeed

Guido
01-27-2016, 05:13 PM
I think I have just been fueled back into box!

Doors
01-27-2016, 05:16 PM
Be sure to stock up on mountain dew code red and doritos.

Tune
01-27-2016, 05:47 PM
I think I have just been fueled back into box!

dude u got ripped off

Kergan
01-27-2016, 05:48 PM
Feel bad for Andis when he realizes that all the opposition just see him as a human. :(

Guido
01-27-2016, 05:55 PM
dude u got ripped off

naw frank

I think it was worth it

hence why I did it :)

Stalos_
01-27-2016, 05:59 PM
Naw it's definitely a rip off. But that's the beauty of it. You sold and borrowed to scrape together enough to buy an item you coveted regardless of the fact it's dropping like a golem wand every 3 days.

I can appreciate the sickness .

HippoNipple
01-27-2016, 06:22 PM
Andis has been ripping people off on his prices for years now. At least he is willing to pay it back out.

Tune
01-27-2016, 06:24 PM
naw frank

I think it was worth it

hence why I did it :)

I just can't believe u cracked 500k to look like a human

u are literally the hardest person to deal with on this server with retarded prices.

could have had much more

that's like 4 Mr flowers. yikes

market will be flooded

syztem
01-27-2016, 06:26 PM
grats, was considering buying another one but for like 100k or less per aon I can't even think of a reason to spend more plat on one atm. They are flowing from golems constantly. Friends got a taste of it too, another month or two virtually everyone you see in game will be clackin an aon.

syztem
01-27-2016, 06:27 PM
500k? did the guy buy it and resell it or something? like a week ago before i got sick, some guy wanted 400k and he probably would have taken slightly less. refer to above post <would not pay over 100k, probably not even 100k>

Guido
01-27-2016, 06:36 PM
400k plus a fungi tunic - stalos I borrowed 5k of that loll

For me was worth it. playtime has been very low, busy with RL, etc.

so 100% completely worth it.

and no I haven't been rippin anyone off in prices. ya morons lol

SamwiseRed
01-27-2016, 07:42 PM
ill give andis props for being busy in rl. i salute you for contributing to society.

iruinedyourday
01-27-2016, 07:51 PM
as happy I am that you finally got one, the mythos of the man that could never get an aon was quite a fun one.

but grats duder, pixel bucket list checklist complete.

Tassador
01-27-2016, 07:55 PM
Andis getting an aon is good for the server. I am promoting all red players regardless of factions fuck blue... 2016 clean this shit up get that op to 80 red mother fuckers we can all be in the same guild for loots and Royal rumble the rest of the time.

Sear
01-27-2016, 08:13 PM
gratz on reaching the top of Mt Neckbeard

ItemQuest is all downhill now. What else could compare to the epic journey for the prestigious chickenbone?

might need to switch on item loot to keep things interesting

Guido
01-28-2016, 11:09 AM
Naw item loot sucks always will for this type of game

Next for me is velious !

Redi
01-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Item loot and training should be added

Kergan
01-28-2016, 01:41 PM
I have said multiple times I don't support item loot, but I think I have to reconsider now that the potential of Andis losing his AON would exist.

Nirgon
01-28-2016, 01:47 PM
i think the potential for a truly classic ffa EQ pvp server should exist

Redi
01-28-2016, 01:47 PM
Imagine 1 shot ting ur teammates during a dragon fight just to take their loot

Kergan
01-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Imagine the intense PVP at the basalt carapace/shin greaves camp in Lguk.

Redi
01-28-2016, 01:53 PM
Guk best zone in game even in velious, I'd support that

Efwan
01-28-2016, 02:02 PM
I just can't believe u cracked 500k to look like a human

You got something to admit?

Kergan
01-28-2016, 02:29 PM

Would love to chain mez someone and drown them in the shallow pool by the evil eye.

Nirgon
01-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Imagine the intense PVP at the basalt carapace/shin greaves camp in Lguk.

No love for the Grim Pauldrons? Has history been forgotten?

hammbone
01-28-2016, 02:36 PM
sorry tune beat you by 3 years he bought skellys for 100k

before or after he acquired the account?

SamwiseRed
01-28-2016, 02:41 PM

logged in last night for the first time in a year or so. went straight to guk on my warrior and slaughtered the undead bastard frogs. the only zone where the pve is still goog after all these years. i then ported a few people around and handed out buffs before retiring to my bed.

Kergan
01-28-2016, 02:56 PM
No love for the Grim Pauldrons? Has history been forgotten?

Well once you hit kunark that takes all the fun out of it with all the jarsath and planar armor. Nothin like 3/4 the server rocking shit like aviak charms and fiery vambraces.

Guido
01-28-2016, 03:28 PM
the point of a pvp type server is to be able to wear all the good gear you acquire throughout your quest in norrath.

the point is not to spend all your time farming/raiding, so you can a) lose the item or b) bag the pvp item in fear of losing it. ESPECIALLY in MASS PVP

item loot for everquest is terrible. the end.

SamwiseRed
01-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Item loot presents risk and reward for pvp. It worked fine for Rallos Zek, works fine for EvE. I want the classic PvP experience brah. If I have to deal with this terrible FFA ruleset at least give it to me the way it was meant to be.

Guido
01-28-2016, 03:31 PM
for people who don't spend the time to actually PLAY the game, it can look good to try and gank the other persons gear

for those people who spend countless hours acquiring their loots, its not worth it.

SamwiseRed
01-28-2016, 03:35 PM
You are only looking at it from one side. No one is forcing you to wear the best droppable gear in a pvp situation. Many people had pvp sets they wore which made pvp more balanced. The same people are always in the top guilds with access to the best gear. So you have a top guild with the most players with the best gear who risk nothing. This presents a major problem for the rest of the server. Having the wining zerg gear down or risk loots would somewhat balance this shit. BTW this is 2 fold as anyone fighting the zerg will surely expect to die and therefore attack with shit gear.

iruinedyourday
01-28-2016, 03:36 PM
item loot is fine if you start with a wipe and want a low pop.. I doubt I would worry about it on a twinked character as its pretty easy to plug, gate, item pull if you are the gank-er but if you are the gank-ee you wont be wearing good gear, cus its p easy to take it if item loot is avail.

In the 2 years I played on rallos zek, item loot did nothing but make innocent people cry irl over a video game and made sociopaths pixel richer.

Kergan
01-28-2016, 03:46 PM
You are only looking at it from one side. No one is forcing you to wear the best droppable gear in a pvp situation. Many people had pvp sets they wore which made pvp more balanced. The same people are always in the top guilds with access to the best gear. So you have a top guild with the most players with the best gear who risk nothing. This presents a major problem for the rest of the server. Having the wining zerg gear down or risk loots would somewhat balance this shit. BTW this is 2 fold as anyone fighting the zerg will surely expect to die and therefore attack with shit gear.

The problem with that theory is that is is just flat out wrong. The only people that take on any risk are the lesser geared people without access to raid gear which is all non drop. They bag their shit, and the gear difference is even higher.

I played through to Velious on RZ as a high end player and this situation you describe just did not exist even in the slightest.

SamwiseRed
01-28-2016, 03:54 PM
I agree to an extent but at least there is reward with the risk. Rewards that can far exceed the risk.

HippoNipple
01-28-2016, 04:28 PM
The problem with that theory is that is is just flat out wrong. The only people that take on any risk are the lesser geared people without access to raid gear which is all non drop. They bag their shit, and the gear difference is even higher.

I played through to Velious on RZ as a high end player and this situation you describe just did not exist even in the slightest.

This was true for me. I played a wizard and quit during Velious. The anti-pk players gained a lot of confidence during Velious with their no drop raid loot.

Sear
01-28-2016, 04:56 PM
So redo the droppable/no-drop tagging of items.

Not CLASSIC (TM) but it might as well have been, supposing Verant had paid a designer to actually look at their red server gameplay. They were lazy and just said "fuck it, restrict to coin loot only" on teams servers rather than balance it.

Most of that sexy Velious raid gear is the stuff that should be droppable, to balance the already ridiculous gear gap between casual and neckbeard that worsened with each expansion. The mid-level gear obtainable by casuals is what should have been no drop.

Kergan
01-28-2016, 05:04 PM
So what you want is the ability to have other people put in the time and get you items?

That shit sounds super blue for a supposed PVP change.

Sear
01-28-2016, 05:26 PM
Yeah, killing another player (who has a statistical advantage over you) to take an item he's grinded PVE content for is so blue.

Must have slipped my mind.

Tradesonred
01-28-2016, 05:45 PM
Wether or not item loot would have brought a more populated server, we'll never know for sure, although i suspect it would have, especially with no xp loss which would have let people have fun with PVP instead of having server hemorrhage tons of player through 10v1 gank train grief.

One thing's for sure, for myself, is it would have made for a less boring end life for the server.

Id still be playing once in a while if there was item loot, to gang on twinks harassing the rag-wearing new players, things like that.

As it is, i havent logged in in a year, even uninstalled months ago.

Can you imagine the forum quest goldmine of Andis losing his AoN the next day to item loot? You could mine that shit for weeks, MONTHS.

Nirgon
01-28-2016, 05:46 PM
300 page threads bros

SamwiseRed
01-28-2016, 05:55 PM

blacks?

Guido
01-28-2016, 06:52 PM
would never happen ecoli, cuz I would never waste my time with an item loot game and I would bag it before I died

SamwiseRed
01-28-2016, 06:54 PM
you always so risk-adverse?

Redi
01-28-2016, 06:58 PM
Would love to chain mez someone and drown them in the shallow pool by the evil eye.

Lot of epic plays and server memories and screens hots occurred around that pool

HippoNipple
01-28-2016, 06:59 PM
Yeah, killing another player (who has a statistical advantage over you) to take an item he's grinded PVE content for is so blue.

Item loot works better in classic. The no drop gear isn't game breaking and BiS includes plenty of items that are not no drop.

Expecting 70 people to go raid and get gear so you and a couple idiots can get high and sit at a wiz spire for 3 hours to 1 shot someone porting in for a raid item is retarded. It would essentially stop anyone that raids from even leaving raid zones.

If you think people that raid in Empire just raid and log off now, put in item loot on no drop gear and see how quick the population goes from 150 to 80 every night during prime time after the 2 hour raid is over.

Sear
01-28-2016, 07:57 PM
I really don't care "what Empire does" or have any specific agenda as a potential player.

I wasn't suggesting that hardcore players be fucked over. What I was suggesting is that there be viable options for low/mid/casual players in terms of NO DROP gear (on a hypothetical item loot pvp server that will probably never happen anyway). As opposed to the extremely limited options you had like wearing Shin Greaves and other useless crap.

Bazia
01-28-2016, 09:23 PM
grats andis

Kergan
01-28-2016, 10:50 PM

No, the part where you and others argue that the way to make PVP better is by acquiring items is.

The only games that have worked with item loot are ones that minimize the impact of items all together (think UO). You can't create a stable and long term environment when a hundred hours of work can get taken away in a hundred seconds.

The vast majority of people who want to kill players for raid loot are people who don't want to spend the time raiding, go figure. At best, all this "red as fuck" item loot talk is just a veiled way of stating you want an avenue to pursue end game loot without putting in the time. At worst, you just want to another avenue to grief people beyond just a corpse recovery or lost exp.

SamwiseRed
01-28-2016, 10:52 PM
i have 2 accounts payed for for 2 months all from player loot I got from pvp while on vacation. i could have put in ALOT of rl time generating that much money but it was much faster (and more fun) killing people and looting their shit. unless eve is an anomaly, i dont see why it wouldnt work like that here.

Kergan
01-28-2016, 10:58 PM
EVE is a great example of how item loot can function properly. In that game, for the most part, the "high end loot" is used specifically for the purpose of PVP. The impact of items on the PVE aspect of the game is pretty minimal.

That is based on short and casual observations, but how I understand it.

Sear
01-28-2016, 11:28 PM
The only games that have worked with item loot are ones that minimize the impact of items all together (think UO). You can't create a stable and long term environment when a hundred hours of work can get taken away in a hundred seconds.

Sure you can.

There's plenty of items for each slot in this game.

If there are enough no drop options then it's always up to the player. I personally don't think the BIS (for any level range) should be no drop, because it defeats the purpose of a player making a conscious choice to either wear something that can't be looted (but fight with slightly inferior stats) or wear something that can be looted.

You're coming at this like I have some ulterior motive against hardcore raid players. I don't.

Baugi
01-29-2016, 12:26 AM
EVE is a great example of how item loot can function properly. In that game, for the most part, the "high end loot" is used specifically for the purpose of PVP. The impact of items on the PVE aspect of the game is pretty minimal.

That is based on short and casual observations, but how I understand it.

It would take many paragraphs to discuss why the comparison doesn't make much sense, but I would summarize by saying I think your understanding of Eve is incorrect (High end "loot", faction mods I guess?, commonly gets used for both PVE and PVP. It makes a substantial difference in both cases.)

iruinedyourday
01-29-2016, 12:31 AM
Hah well, what kergan described would make for a good ruleset to make item loot worth it.

Kergan
01-29-2016, 01:03 AM
It would take many paragraphs to discuss why the comparison doesn't make much sense, but I would summarize by saying I think your understanding of Eve is incorrect (High end "loot", faction mods I guess?, commonly gets used for both PVE and PVP. It makes a substantial difference in both cases.)

I was thinking more of the big expensive ships. Like I said, my understanding of the game is pretty limited.

Kergan
01-29-2016, 01:19 AM
Sure you can.

There's plenty of items for each slot in this game.

If there are enough no drop options then it's always up to the player. I personally don't think the BIS (for any level range) should be no drop, because it defeats the purpose of a player making a conscious choice to either wear something that can't be looted (but fight with slightly inferior stats) or wear something that can be looted.

You're coming at this like I have some ulterior motive against hardcore raid players. I don't.

If you have a situation where the very best items are droppable, but slightly worse items are non drop, you'll literally never see people wear the best items in the game. How is that a good situation?

I've played extensively on an item loot server, and I can say without a doubt is that every problem this server has would be amplified if you flipped the item loot switch on. People would avoid PVP more, plug more and gather into bigger zergs to protect themselves.

That being said, and this will sound a bit odd, I am very much in favor of an item loot server. But it can't be this server. And it can't be a server with the same rules. The way to make item loot meaningful and fun is to make PVP the focus in general for everything. That means that instead of spending hours raiding, you can that time PVPing and get points to buy items, for example. Make people risk items doing the activity it takes to acquire them and you have a balance. Make items a lot easier to get to couple it with the ability to quickly lose them, and you have a balance.

A situation where you're asking the majority to go farm the loot for the rest of the server seems pretty dumb to me, which is essentially what you're saying if you wanted to turn item loot on here.

Baugi
01-29-2016, 01:22 AM
I was thinking more of the big expensive ships. Like I said, my understanding of the game is pretty limited.

Ships are purchased/crafted so I wouldn't really call them loot (though most loot in the game is currency so it's debatable).

The most expensive ships are super-capitals and they are... generally reserved for PVP, but not because they're aren't useful in PVE, rather there's too much risk of losing them to a batphone-style pk when your support fleet isn't on.

That being said, super-capitals generally aren't individually owned or frequently used. The normal player is going to top out at battleships or maybe a carrier for both PVE and PVP.

barrettdc1
01-29-2016, 01:32 AM

It's true, I'm not. I also wasn't being serious, lol. I've only been on the box for a couple months, I r noob.

vouss
01-29-2016, 01:52 AM
Go farm items for me

cronik
01-29-2016, 05:49 AM
Item loot is great. It creates tension and provides meaning in pvp.

It's also a giant pita to manage in a game like EQ. I think item loot (minus weapon slots) is fine for classic, and maybe kunark, but once it goes passed that it has serious issues.

Basically item loot early EQ equates to "do I want to wear my diamond/BD stuff or am I a bitch?" If you didn't wear it your resists probably sucked, and if you did it made a huge impact on pvp, while giving your opponents a chance to get something nice. You couldn't really be a resist god without jewelry early EQ.

I.e. nodrop wasn't enough to compete, while still giving you a serious edge. Kunark era you could supplement planar gear and wear jewelry and still be competitive.

Kergan
01-29-2016, 07:48 AM
Item loot is great. It creates tension and provides meaning in pvp.

It's also a giant pita to manage in a game like EQ. I think item loot (minus weapon slots) is fine for classic, and maybe kunark, but once it goes passed that it has serious issues.

Basically item loot early EQ equates to "do I want to wear my diamond/BD stuff or am I a bitch?" If you didn't wear it your resists probably sucked, and if you did it made a huge impact on pvp, while giving your opponents a chance to get something nice. You couldn't really be a resist god without jewelry early EQ.

I.e. nodrop wasn't enough to compete, while still giving you a serious edge. Kunark era you could supplement planar gear and wear jewelry and still be competitive.

I think the reason item loot somewhat worked in classic was because the droppable items in large part were very replaceable. Whats he worst you could lose, outside dragon loot, HBC? Kunark is what fucked it up, with stuff like Trak BPs and VS legs. Then the risk/reward got hosed. BiS items unless fairly easily replaceable shouldn't be at risk or nobody will bother.

Like you said, the risk you took on RZ in classic was pretty much do you want to lose a diamond ring or not. Diamond rings are by and large a PVP item, and while valuable I think that is the perfect type of item to risk losing in PVP.

Guido
01-29-2016, 11:08 AM
when did this post become about item loot?? item loot sucks

back to OP topic

grats andis on AoN

Redi
01-29-2016, 01:09 PM
SHORTY WANT A TASTE OF THE HIGH LIFE

Guido
01-29-2016, 02:59 PM
lol

it feels goog.

Junebug99
01-29-2016, 03:21 PM
I think the reason item loot somewhat worked in classic was because the droppable items in large part were very replaceable. Whats he worst you could lose, outside dragon loot, HBC? Kunark is what fucked it up, with stuff like Trak BPs and VS legs. Then the risk/reward got hosed. BiS items unless fairly easily replaceable shouldn't be at risk or nobody will bother.

Like you said, the risk you took on RZ in classic was pretty much do you want to lose a diamond ring or not. Diamond rings are by and large a PVP item, and while valuable I think that is the perfect type of item to risk losing in PVP.

You so realize Live had item loot with Classic through Luclin
hence Kringe getting his boots of storm looted

fan D
01-29-2016, 03:32 PM
ragnaros was there for that moment live

mrbigz
01-29-2016, 03:34 PM
Lmao grats buddy on the aon.. No need to talk shit about lite.. Guy made this server fun.. I don't have a aon and never complained

georgie
01-29-2016, 03:35 PM
It's an inferiority complex

Redi
01-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Lmao grats buddy on the aon.. No need to talk shit about lite.. Guy made this server fun.. I don't have a aon and never complained

How did he make it fun? By driving every person to nihilum? By making such play calls as run to the yeti caves? Or was it fun because he moved all your toons to sky for you while you were offline? I guess if listening to some jagger talk a mile a minute and repeat everything he says 3 times in a row is a good time to you after a long day of farming fingerboner hoops then whatever floats ur boat.

Redi
01-29-2016, 03:48 PM
Just realized ur probably sealer/madude/the other inbred who's too forgettable and can't remember name. Dis regard my previous post since yall r so remedial, your post makes sense now.

druid1
01-29-2016, 04:19 PM
I know whos AON it was

Guido
01-29-2016, 05:02 PM

georgie that you? miss you kid.

and lite made server fun? nah everything he did was for his benefit. and he lost a lot of followers because of it.

hope all is well buddy.

Tassador
01-29-2016, 05:11 PM
Item loot was removed from love before kunark. Unless the drugs I did severely damaged my memory...

Sear
01-29-2016, 05:52 PM
SORRY ANDIS

this is ur thread and ur chickenbone but a fierce neckbeard debate cannot be resisted

If you have a situation where the very best items are droppable, but slightly worse items are non drop, you'll literally never see people wear the best items in the game. How is that a good situation?

I've played extensively on an item loot server, and I can say without a doubt is that every problem this server has would be amplified if you flipped the item loot switch on. People would avoid PVP more, plug more and gather into bigger zergs to protect themselves.

That being said, and this will sound a bit odd, I am very much in favor of an item loot server. But it can't be this server. And it can't be a server with the same rules. The way to make item loot meaningful and fun is to make PVP the focus in general for everything. That means that instead of spending hours raiding, you can that time PVPing and get points to buy items, for example. Make people risk items doing the activity it takes to acquire them and you have a balance. Make items a lot easier to get to couple it with the ability to quickly lose them, and you have a balance.

A situation where you're asking the majority to go farm the loot for the rest of the server seems pretty dumb to me, which is essentially what you're saying if you wanted to turn item loot on here.

The only idea I'm spitballing here is to adjust the drop/nodrop tags to balance it, and make it less severe than it was on live. Maybe I should have stated clearly that my take is that there were not enough no-drop items.

I agree that just flipping it on here (which won't happen) would be insane and way too punishing.

Sear
01-29-2016, 05:54 PM
Item loot was removed from love before kunark. Unless the drugs I did severely damaged my memory...

I forgot when they canned it on the teams servers. May have been during Kunark.

I think RZ had it for a good while longer.

RZ was also an underpopulated FFA shitbox where every guild but Darkenbane played nice w/ eachother.

Colgate
01-29-2016, 06:35 PM
would luv a new box w/ accurate timeline progression and item loot enabled

Nirgon
01-29-2016, 06:37 PM
can't afford 130$ cisco routing equipment tho

good luck.

Kerwin
01-29-2016, 07:17 PM

this

if only it would happen population would be nuts

Tassador
01-29-2016, 08:44 PM
this

if only it would happen population would be nuts

naw I aint ever coming back because wow has 33.7k players!!!!

SamwiseRed
01-29-2016, 08:47 PM
1v1 at ran flamespinner? I'll give u a free first shot.

Junebug99
01-29-2016, 08:48 PM
no clue who tassador is but I enjoy his posts

Gustoo
01-30-2016, 03:12 AM

me too.

Pop wouldn't be that nuts unfortunately. I mean, I couldn't play so you are minus 1 right from the get go.

But really EQ pvp was much smaller subset from the beginning. We could get some bluebies that want to be harder just for the chance at a manabone and all other good legacy experience stuff. That could be a draw to this server. Otherwise a stinky blue server part 2 the revengeance would probably be more popular really. But who cares bristlebane wills it so a rallos replica must be made.

cronik
01-31-2016, 04:12 PM
It would be "popular" for a bit simply because it was a new realistic rates EQ pvp server.

I don't see why someone would bother with the effort of launching a server for 2-300 neckbeards tho. The people who play these servers are what make them unsustainable, not the rules set.

barrettdc1
01-31-2016, 11:40 PM
It would be "popular" for a bit simply because it was a new realistic rates EQ pvp server.

I don't see why someone would bother with the effort of launching a server for 2-300 neckbeards tho. The people who play these servers are what make them unsustainable, not the rules set.

Look at EZ server. They have a pop from between 300-400 but thats because the server requires you to box AT LEAST 6 toons(I actually played there for a few years). Before the GM killed himself he was raking in the dough from donations. It is effectively a pay to win server but also one of the worst grind-fests ever(worse than orignal eq grind). Thats why I came to p99. Haven't looked back since.

My point is that there is money to be made by the neckbeards. And money is being made...

Guido
02-01-2016, 12:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EGqqQR9.gif

appropriate for topic

pras the chickenbone

cronik
02-01-2016, 01:27 PM
Look at EZ server. They have a pop from between 300-400 but thats because the server requires you to box AT LEAST 6 toons(I actually played there for a few years). Before the GM killed himself he was raking in the dough from donations. It is effectively a pay to win server but also one of the worst grind-fests ever(worse than orignal eq grind). Thats why I came to p99. Haven't looked back since.

My point is that there is money to be made by the neckbeards. And money is being made...

EZ server is about as bluebie as it gets. It serves a different community than an item-loot server would.

I'd consider launching a server like EZ, since it's sustainable longer term and the population is less likely to nuke your server in a petulant hissy fit. I'd never launch one for the hardcore EQ pvp community, which is the epitome of toxic internet gamers.

I played EZ for a few months too... Scratched the itch, as did Imperium a few months ago when discord was announced and summarily forgotten about.

Rick Sanchez
02-01-2016, 01:36 PM
dude u got ripped off

Kergan
02-01-2016, 02:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EGqqQR9.gif

appropriate for topic

pras the chickenbone

One of these tech wizards should edit that image so the necklace Kenny Powers is wearing is an AON.

Guido
02-01-2016, 02:32 PM
One of these tech wizards should edit that image so the necklace Kenny Powers is wearing is an AON.

OMG PLS