PDA

View Full Version : Necro / enchanter / shaman

Spit
01-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Hey guys looking to start out on red again and was curious as to which class to go for as a starter to 60? In general I like having the first 60 as a good farmer and pvp.Figured any of the three are strong but just looking for some input , thanks !

SteppinnRazor
01-26-2016, 01:48 PM
they are all good first toons. Expect to die a lot on a chanter tho.

derpcake
01-26-2016, 02:12 PM
Having leveled 2 of those to 60, and one to 57, I have to say go with the shaman.

They solo relatively well and will have the easiest time finding groups and eventually a guild.

Go troll or reroll

iruinedyourday
01-26-2016, 02:21 PM
Shaman is great, but IMO not the best for red.. I have a mantra for shaman on red, its called "setting yourself up for disaster".. a shaman is a great class but when you play one, you want to be the PvE beast you can be.. but to do that, you need to remain at about 50% HP at all times or less in some instances.. well many instances..

..this makes you EZ PICKING for the people who hide in the shadows.

Also if you play one, you'll really get tired of all the tells you, 'buffs please' tells you, 'dex str sta hp plz' tells you get from everyone you encounter.

I would say most versatile of the 3 is the chanter.. also at level 50 take a step back and pvp, thats the level range they are the most bad ass.

derpcake
01-26-2016, 02:30 PM
Shaman is great, but IMO not the best for red.. I have a mantra for shaman on red, its called "setting yourself up for disaster".. a shaman is a great class but when you play one, you want to be the PvE beast you can be.. but to do that, you need to remain at about 50% HP at all times or less in some instances.. well many instances..

..this makes you EZ PICKING for the people who hide in the shadows.

Also if you play one, you'll really get tired of all the tells you, 'buffs please' tells you, 'dex str sta hp plz' tells you get from everyone you encounter.

I would say most versatile of the 3 is the chanter.. also at level 50 take a step back and pvp, thats the level range they are the most bad ass.

have to disagree

a 50% hp shm, which is only really gonna happen from 40+ onward, has access to every resist buff, stat buffs, and shit buffs

along with spirit of the cheetoh and gate, this gives a ton more survivability then an ench offers, necro being somewhat close but only by virtue of harmshield or possibly a lucky shadowstep

a 50 ench will get shit on by a 50 shm in pvp, its not even remotely close

while i agree the buffing gets tedious, i have to disagree on getting annoyed by people asking stat buffs

i was single shaman on a 50 person empire raid, we had 4+ druids and a ranger or two, people asked the lone shm for SoW

iruinedyourday
01-26-2016, 02:39 PM
and u didnt reply "ASK SOMEONE WITH A SWORD" shame.

but im not talkinga bout raid buffing im talkinga bout that time you encounter that rogue randomly in TT that seems to have that buff request on a fucking hotkey..

maybe its from playing with pals like andis and the glory days of bergerquest last year

derpcake
01-26-2016, 02:46 PM
and u didnt reply "ASK SOMEONE WITH A SWORD" shame.

but im not talkinga bout raid buffing im talkinga bout that time you encounter that rogue randomly in TT that seems to have that buff request on a fucking hotkey..

maybe its from playing with pals like andis and the glory days of bergerquest last year

on my first char (nec), i had the pleasure of grouping with andis

he asked for DMF 3 minutes after i cast it, and kept doing so repeatedly

goog times

Qtip
01-26-2016, 02:57 PM
Enchanter. Very little investment for decent gear in the beginning. Very good in pvp and pve starting around lvl 30+ to 60.

iruinedyourday
01-26-2016, 03:06 PM
need a new botb tho for qtip.. roll chanter so he can kill you in it.

derpcake
01-26-2016, 03:30 PM
Enchanter. Very little investment for decent gear in the beginning. Very good in pvp and pve starting around lvl 30+ to 60.

Ench is only good if u a really good driver.

Remain by shm as general advice!

silo32
01-26-2016, 05:25 PM
necro why?

shadowstep

fd

summon corpse

locate corpse

exp rez

e'e's are so easy to get here

totmanc
01-26-2016, 09:13 PM
a 50 ench will get shit on by a 50 shm in pvp, its not even remotely close

^ That is not true... so so far from it. I feel like shamans only hit cheetah and gated and never did anything to me at level 50.

I have a 60 enchanter Spit if you do roll one hit me up can help you get started
Strut is my characters name

That being said necromancer I really enjoy occasionally playing my brothers at 60.

BeautBabeC
01-26-2016, 09:29 PM
Wouldn't take much of Iruined's advice on a shaman considering he was possibly the worst one in the history of p99 <worship>. Probably play whichever class has the spells and play style you'll enjoy more. I'd recommend shaman, its just the easiest.

Barladore
01-26-2016, 09:42 PM
Conversely, you should listen to strut, he is a top tier enchanter.

iruinedyourday
01-26-2016, 10:17 PM
Wouldn't take much of Iruined's advice on a shaman considering he was possibly the worst one in the history of p99 <worship>. Probably play whichever class has the spells and play style you'll enjoy more. I'd recommend shaman, its just the easiest.

I was not interested with pvp on the shaman yes. But I have collected the most plat on red99 solo as one than any other so /shrug

BeautBabeC
01-26-2016, 10:33 PM
u aint that roarie bae. Why you gotta take my insult well and make me feel bad

FAPhoenix
01-27-2016, 01:41 AM
Conversely, you should listen to strut, he is a top tier enchanter.

I saw Strut corner cast a rapture off a tree in PoM...it was sick. Then again he also managed to send a rogue with an oor bard to plug...in a bank.

There are people who play a class really well....know all the tactics, but then there are some people on this server who know how to PvP and make up those tactics others use.

If you want to learn and be a solid PvPer probably shaman. If you have some ideas to play a class differently than others do try a necro or chanter. They are a blast done right. Colgate ran around on Omai, Strut said he ran around on Siepher...so there must be a reason for why they enjoy the Necro at 60.