PDA

View Full Version : Way to raise population

ElemtalRZ
01-24-2016, 03:48 AM
What do you guys think, one time transfers from blue to red and red to blue. Not like there is going to be anything else to look forward to being that there is no more expansions.

Videri
01-24-2016, 04:17 AM
I like the idea. People who have gotten established on one server but then discover the joys of the other can move their assets there. I doubt we'd see anyone transfer from red to blue, though.

Tassador
01-24-2016, 11:26 AM
I think one time chance to allow blue pop in red to transfer their chars to blue from red.

Salaryman
01-24-2016, 11:45 AM
Increase the lv range, most of these nerds already have multiple twinks across all lv ranges.
Increasing the lv range to atleast 8 would only give more legit pvp, since people are already being "griefed" by "players they cant kill" anyways.
Then when the game has more pvp, it becomes more fun and people play more.

Baler
01-24-2016, 12:12 PM
Character, item, etc transfers between servers is Not going to happen again. Unless it goes through a staff verified medium. Which I don't think there is the man power to achieve at the moment. There is too much risk of bad behavior and unsavory transfers.
Either direction. It's best just to let that matter rest.

Share P99 Red on other websites. Advertise the server where you're allowed. I've seen private servers for another (older) game raise 700+ people for a server launch even when the server was shit just because they advertised Everywhere. Despite p99 red not being a brand new server I am sure that there are people who 1. haven't heard of it and 2. if they have are unsure. Bombarding them with fun facts, interesting information and hell maybe a video or two might just convince them.

Another key point to tell people on the net. You're not going to get butt raped for 12 hours the second you log in. EQ really isnt that old of a game and it's not hard to pick up.

Junebug99
01-24-2016, 12:18 PM
merge red with blue and open new red server
fixed

iruinedyourday
01-24-2016, 12:31 PM
Fuck discord. 6 mo vanilla 6 mo kunark teams wipe server transfer toons off it at the end of every year to red/blue

krazyGlue
01-24-2016, 12:34 PM
gm involvement on red would increase population . GM events / GM assistance /

brecon
01-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Increase the lv range, most of these nerds already have multiple twinks across all lv ranges.

Wow, a surefire way to make sure that no new characters whatsoever join the server. Imagine getting griefed at lvl 52 in Solb by 60 raid geared toons.

Salaryman
01-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Wow, a surefire way to make sure that no new characters whatsoever join the server. Imagine getting griefed at lvl 52 in Solb by 60 raid geared toons.

Compared to fighting a lv 56 twink?

Genedin
01-24-2016, 01:36 PM
GM's dont like red, it is literally the australia of project 1999
you are all too stick to realize this
how many more years of no attention will it take to understand

SamwiseRed
01-24-2016, 01:41 PM

you joined the biggest guild on the server limiting the amount of pvp targets but talk about the game being more fun when there is more pvp.

drugs?

Tassador
01-24-2016, 01:43 PM
you joined the biggest guild on the server limiting the amount of pvp targets but talk about the game being more fun when there is more pvp.

drugs?

Lol and definitely drugs have you seen the drawings?

Salaryman
01-24-2016, 01:50 PM
OK first off im almost always high on the best weed and trip regularly BUT
I joined Empire (greatest guild in internet history) for the treasure.
I pvp people in my own guild, I did not join to avoid pvp.

brecon
01-24-2016, 01:52 PM
Compared to fighting a lv 56 twink?

Yes.

Cecily
01-24-2016, 02:23 PM
GM's dont like red, it is literally the australia of project 1999
you are all too stick to realize this
how many more years of no attention will it take to understand

I always liked the idea of sending blue's banned players to red, using it as a prison colony. Can't see a downside.
You guys know how to deal with scummy people.

Smedy
01-24-2016, 02:26 PM

drugs?

luv u samwise, preach it

Bokke
01-24-2016, 03:07 PM
A new RED ffa server that is advertised and starts in classic will see a good population boost. To maintain the population: impartial GM involvement, classic timeline followed etc.

Crazycloud
01-24-2016, 03:08 PM
A new RED ffa server that is advertised and starts in classic will see a good population boost. To maintain the population: impartial GM involvement, classic timeline followed etc.

^^^ plugged against a group of lvl 56's yesterday

Bokke
01-24-2016, 03:14 PM
^^^ plugged against a group of lvl 56's yesterday

Yea was fun. Almost had Kither but things get to be a little overwhelming 1v5, especially indoors, even against level 56s. Thanks for the fight though.

easy_lee
01-24-2016, 03:15 PM

+events. Though something needs to be done to discourage or prevent zerging if we're to prevent the past from repeating itself. Otherwise, the same people who zerg raid now will still zerg raid.

Bokke
01-24-2016, 03:26 PM
+events. Though something needs to be done to discourage or prevent zerging if we're to prevent the past from repeating itself. Otherwise, the same people who zerg raid now will still zerg raid.

Yea maybe. I'm not sure how to address zerging and honestly I don't even care. Maybe at least one zerg guild is neccesary to keep bluebies playing.

I just want to see people in Norrath again, actually out on the map, to PvP. Having a new server were people actually have a reason to go out and farm jboots, or fungis, or cloaks of flames, wurmcloaks etc would hopefully increase pvp.

On Red currently I can port to every Velious zone, run to KC, run through kael etc, and not find a single person. Simply because there is almost no reason other than simple enjoyment of the game for anyone to be doing things in external zones, everyone already has a stockpile of 4 twinks worth of gear and is getting no drop items that are better than anything they can self farm.

Nirgon
01-24-2016, 03:27 PM
friendly reminder none of this is gonna happen

Tameth
01-24-2016, 03:59 PM
On Red currently I can port to every Velious zone, run to KC, run through kael etc, and not find a single person. Simply because there is almost no reason other than simple enjoyment of the game for anyone to be doing things in external zones, everyone already has a stockpile of 4 twinks worth of gear and is getting no drop items that are better than anything they can self farm.

actually agree. I like you Bokke, do you like me?

Slathar
01-24-2016, 04:02 PM
actually agree. I like you Bokke, do you like me?

I think your name got brought up once in TS. It was for maybe 4-5 seconds. Someone just said, "who?" and then it was never brought up again.

now u no

Tameth
01-24-2016, 04:05 PM
I think your name got brought up once in TS. It was for maybe 4-5 seconds. Someone just said, "who?" and then it was never brought up again.

now u no

not sure who you are, but this is Red forums, fuck off back to blue

iiNGloriouS
01-24-2016, 04:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uVfSinL.gif

Osyruz
01-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Increasing the lv range to atleast 8 would only give more legit pvp, since people are already being "griefed" by "players they cant kill" anyways.

Clearly this dude didn't play on the server when VP geared toons were ripping through lvl 52s in rags....

Drakaris
01-24-2016, 05:09 PM
Velious needed a close #2 Zerg and maybe a #3 to enjoy pvp throughout the lands over content. Unfortunately any open competition was killed at its roots to ensure a single megazerg.

Let the 1 guild farm loot on a pvp server to not use it for pvp. This box is already between 10-12% of blue's pop during peak hours. I'd say not much longer to go before it degrades to when the server was at the pop it was years into kunark and no exp bonus.

In theory it's kind of worse since red was always 15-20% of blue during peak times.

heartbrand
01-24-2016, 05:11 PM
Velious needed a close #2 Zerg and maybe a #3 to enjoy pvp throughout the lands over content. Unfortunately any open competition was killed at its roots to ensure a single megazerg.

Let the 1 guild farm loot on a pvp server to not use it for pvp. This box is already between 10-12% of blue's pop during peak hours. I'd say not much longer to go before it degrades to when the server was at the pop it was years into kunark and no exp bonus.

In theory it's kind of worse since red was always 15-20% of blue during peak times.

This poster played in Nihilum for over a year with double digit pop and never complained once

Drakaris
01-24-2016, 05:12 PM
This poster played in Nihilum for over a year with double digit pop and never complained once

This poster received raid targets from nihilum and pvp protection to ensure his #2 guild could stay alive.

He also petition quested the guild to get disbanded by a corrupt ex-staff member.

heartbrand
01-24-2016, 07:04 PM
People won't be out in the world with nothing to be out in the world to do. Hence my suggestion.

krazyGlue
01-24-2016, 07:06 PM
People won't be out in the world with nothing to be out in the world to do. Hence my suggestion.

Voted no

Barladore
01-24-2016, 07:09 PM
Bokke on point in this thread.

heartbrand
01-24-2016, 07:19 PM
You want there to be people out there to PvP. But there's zero reason to be online outside of raids because there's nothing to do. A wipe gives me another month of play max. There's even less content in classic for me to log on for.

Uuruk
01-24-2016, 07:21 PM
You want there to be people out there to PvP. But there's zero reason to be online outside of raids because there's nothing to do. A wipe gives me another month of play max. There's even less content in classic for me to log on for.

Yeah, but the PvP is way better. If you're only interested in content HB go to blue.

heartbrand
01-24-2016, 07:28 PM
PvP in EQ is not like WoW. We don't have BG's or PvP gear or an honor grind. It's open world PvP over pve. When there's no pve to fight for people stop logging in

Soandso
01-24-2016, 07:38 PM
Not being such a shitty community would be a great way to raise population.

Barladore
01-24-2016, 08:24 PM
HB you keep saying 1-3 months and then the pop goes to single digits. I think you're way off base with that estimation. Providing the server has plans to maintain the classic timeline, people will stay immersed. You're using red as your evidence, no doubt you'd agree red has been horribly handled from the start.

krazyGlue
01-24-2016, 08:25 PM
PvP in EQ is not like WoW. We don't have BG's or PvP gear or an honor grind. It's open world PvP over pve. When there's no pve to fight for people stop logging in

Voted no

hurt
01-24-2016, 08:39 PM

I disagree. Pretty much all of the pvp I have been involved in had nothing to do with pve. Just people looking for a bit of a scrap. Friends are a good example, everytime I've had a dust up with <Friends> it was just because both parties were looking for a fight, not loot.

I quit because the pop was at 30people during my playtime, and i could never find pvp. As Bokke mentioned earlier, i would port to all of thr hot spots , encounter nobody and log off.

I think there is a good portion of the server who share this playstyle.

Kergan
01-24-2016, 08:47 PM
I think what HB was alluding to was that there is 0 character progression from PVP in a game built almost exclusively around character progression.

Modus
01-24-2016, 08:51 PM

People tend to have rose-tinted glasses for games from their past. Velious was the beginning of the end for EverQuest greatness - it made 90% of old content and itemization obsolete and trivial, while relegated everyone to 60-man zerg raids and faction grinds (how fun!!).

On SZ, PVP effectively ceased after the release of Velious. PVP imbalances from Kunark were only exacerbated.

krazyGlue
01-24-2016, 09:02 PM
Voted no

Drakaris
01-24-2016, 09:07 PM
People tend to have rose-tinted glasses for games from their past. Velious was the beginning of the end for EverQuest greatness - it made 90% of old content and itemization obsolete and trivial, while relegated everyone to 60-man zerg raids and faction grinds (how fun!!).

On SZ, PVP effectively ceased after the release of Velious. PVP imbalances from Kunark were only exacerbated.

SZ was released after velious I'm pretty sure.

Modus
01-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Looong time ago. Was it activated on release?

Xaanka
01-24-2016, 09:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uVfSinL.gif

Xaanka
01-24-2016, 09:48 PM
I disagree. Pretty much all of the pvp I have been involved in had nothing to do with pve. Just people looking for a bit of a scrap. Friends are a good example, everytime I've had a dust up with <Friends> it was just because both parties were looking for a fight, not loot.

I quit because the pop was at 30people during my playtime, and i could never find pvp. As Bokke mentioned earlier, i would port to all of thr hot spots , encounter nobody and log off.

I think there is a good portion of the server who share this playstyle.

that's why there's no pvp though, there's no reward or motivation for it beyond a player-run leaderboard that's down all the time and only records like 70% of kills anyway. zero penalty for pvp. last time i was on everquest i loot and scooted across 6 zones because the game allows me to.

if there was motivation for pvp, there would be more people seeking it out beyond the same 50 or whatever sickos currently play red.

Zill
01-24-2016, 10:04 PM
I fully endorse this idea because I'd like to get my phat lewts off of Red stat

Kergan
01-24-2016, 10:09 PM
SZ was released after velious I'm pretty sure.

Yes, SZ was released in Velious and it was pretty good up through Luclin. PoP is what finished that server off, evil was able to completely block out the elemental planes (where you started getting meaningful gear upgrades) by training the RZ flag event. The server did see a little resurgence of competition when the Legends server opened, allowing good/neutral team to essentially buy flagging for those zones via server transfer and then come back.

TheDuck
01-24-2016, 10:20 PM
everyone is fucking retarded talking to themselves about increasing server pop.

staff doesn't care about this server, they probably wish they never opened it since now they are locked into some stupid moral code about server uptime or something.

you guys are all talking to eachother about stuff that is never going to happen, shut up, log in, get whatever enjoyment from the game as you can.

stop waiting for the devs to make this the game you want to be and play it as it is, you might be able to get a 2nd guild up and going.

Tassador
01-24-2016, 10:29 PM
pop sucks filled with blue turds. It was ok when they were just in game getting steam rolled but now they shit up threads and high five each other.

SamwiseRed
01-24-2016, 10:45 PM
rolled my 11th untwinked warrior. too ez

miraclegrow2
01-25-2016, 12:55 PM
fucks given = 0