PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Werdar
01-23-2016, 11:24 PM
i have the titanium cds. i get to disc #5 and it just stops downloading......any ideas???????????

quido
01-23-2016, 11:26 PM
clean the disc

Werdar
01-23-2016, 11:57 PM
clean the disc

holy crap that worked thanks.....didn't think that was the problem being new out of the box,,, thanks again

Werdar
01-24-2016, 12:01 AM
when i do an install and need to extract the P1999 files do i put those in the same directory as my titanium download or do i just use what ever it defaults too???

Werdar
01-24-2016, 12:19 AM
i have the titanium downloaded but cant get it to launch.....any ideas???????

Daywolf
01-24-2016, 12:42 AM
holy crap that worked thanks.....didn't think that was the problem being new out of the box,,, thanks again
Well it's likely not the disk but the lazor on the drive. Well both, being the disk not so great (e.g old low quality print) while the drive is under performing. So add them together and you get a fail in such an instance. When I say the lazorz, I'm speaking of the little optical reader on the DVD can get gunk on it lowering it's performance (inserting sticky/dirty dvd's or leaving the tray open, smoking in the room etc), so you usually use a cleaning kit to resolve. Though like my cleaning kit, bought for about 12 bucks years ago, today people buy those drives from red china for like what 2 bucks a crate (before markup)?

Werdar
01-24-2016, 12:53 AM
Well it's likely not the disk but the lazor on the drive. Well both, being the disk not so great (e.g old low quality print) while the drive is under performing. So add them together and you get a fail in such an instance. When I say the lazorz, I'm speaking of the little optical reader on the DVD can get gunk on it lowering it's performance (inserting sticky/dirty dvd's or leaving the tray open, smoking in the room etc), so you usually use a cleaning kit to resolve. Though like my cleaning kit, bought for about 12 bucks years ago, today people buy those drives from red china for like what 2 bucks a crate (before markup)?

so i have the titanium edition loaded but i cant seem to launch everquest i need help not sure what i should do

Celestias
01-24-2016, 03:57 AM
Okay... I'm assuming you have all of the necessary files and its simply a problem bypassing the launcher. The first thing you'll need to ensure is you dont patch via the EQ launcher. There is a setup for launching directly past that in some of the startup guides but this is the way I go about it for my setup.

Step 1: Download the launch file I've attached here. (note I had to attach it as a .txt file because of upload restrictions for these forums)

Step 2: Remove the .txt file extension and put .bat instead which upon saving should change the icon to a little cog symbol.

(If you cant see file extensions like .txt and .bat after the file names you can read how to unhide file extensions here)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

Step 3: Move the .bat launch file into your EQ directory. (This is the same place where the eqgame.exe file should reside)

Step 4: Create a short-cut from the Project1999Launch.bat file for your desktop. (To create a shortcut in Win 7, Right-Click => Send to => Desktop)

Step 5: Launch EQ using the desktop shortcut.

I guess this solution may seem a little complicated at a glance but I find it works best to get things running efficiently as it also helps solve a few problems such as Cpu Affinity etc. which may arise later in your P99 experiences. Hope this or some other solution works. :)

Daywolf
01-24-2016, 04:45 AM
so i have the titanium edition loaded but i cant seem to launch everquest i need help not sure what i should do
So it installed at this point? You just need to follow the install directions from the main page link here. If you have serious video problems (happens a lot) install WinEQ 2 lite edition. I can't play w/o it, myself.