PDA

View Full Version : 1-24 Quest PL

DevGrousis
01-20-2016, 03:35 PM
hey guys,

I'm looking to start a Druid and get him to 24 as fast as i can so he can catch up to my friends. I'm not rich enough for PL'ing, but i figured between CB belts and Greater Light Stones, I could get myself up near the 20's fairly quickly.

Any specific idea how much that would cost, or if I should CB belts first, or just go GLS's the entire way?

Thanks,

Dev

Bittersauce
01-20-2016, 04:06 PM
There's a cap on how much xp you can get per 'xp event', which I think is 11%... so definitely want to split it up between GLS and CB belts, use the lower xp ones to get up to a higher level, then switch to the higher xp ones.

Another option is Goblin Ears!

Baa
01-20-2016, 08:14 PM
I would do this:
1-5 - Grind this out in EC using tunnel buffs
5-14 - Bone Chips in Kaladim (approx 80 stacks to do this) - 10pp per stack
14-20 - Orc Scalps in HHP - 10pp per scalp
20-25+ - Left Goblin Ears in HHK - 25pp per ear

I didn't do the scalp part however I just did the left goblin ears for that level range - I think it worked out to be about 100 ears / 2500pp

Lojik
01-20-2016, 08:24 PM
1-16ish on bone chips is the most economically viable, after that it might be best to buy a bard pl or something

Baa
01-20-2016, 08:51 PM
I think around level 14 you are just between 1 to 2% per turn in, which is when I normally give up.

You could certainly push it to 16 I imagine but you are looking at up to 20 stacks per level after 14.

Gvelz Underfoot
01-21-2016, 07:50 AM
This one is pretty good as well:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Bandit_Sashes

Baler
01-21-2016, 09:28 AM
It's possible to go to 16 with just CB belts but 14-16 is a long haul. I would bet the same for bone chips.

G lightstones can actually take you up to 22 and further if you're crazy. The hard part is finding enough noobs who don't want to use them their self and or farming them your self. Regular Lightstones don't do a ton past 16 but hey it's exp.

It's easier to sit in Gfay and spam auction that you wtb Belts.

Left Goblin Ears can get you some good exp in the mid 20's.

CB Belts ~5pp each
G. Lighstone ~10 to 12 to 15pp each
Left Goblin Ears 25 to 35pp each

If I was you, I would farm any of the above during low pop. Just to put CB belts into perspective I probably filled my 8 slot bags easily more then 6 times so, 62 belts * 6 = 372 Belts * 5pp = 1860pp if you were to buy them all. Which if you have a alt character in the 50's is chump change. (62 because food and water take up 2 slots)

To anyone out there looking to make PLAT, there are better places to make plat in the teens then selling these quest items. Simply due to the drop rates.

Daywolf
01-21-2016, 09:52 AM
CB Belts ~5pp each
G. Lighstone ~10 to 12 to 15pp each
Left Goblin Ears 25 to 35pp each

If I was you, I would farm any of the above during low pop. To anyone out there looking to make PLAT, there are better places to make plat at any of these levels then selling these quest items. Simply due to the drop rates.
Belts are 2, pads are 5 (in gfay). Belts won't do much past lvl10 or so, best to use pads around then, unless you are getting them from drops. Can turn in pads to lvl17, but imo not worth buying them at that point and more about just a little added xp as you clear TR duo or solo (xp there ends at lvl20). It's not common to find people selling that many belts and pads, it takes time where better plats can be earned elsewhere.

GL's are 10pp just on selling the turn-in reward. I never see people buying or selling them there, so I can't give you a price - though years ago I saw someone begging to buy for 20pp ea. and didn't get. GL's aren't a great farm, unless you are using them yourself imo. In fact, belts and pads are a better farm in off hours for those that sell them compared to lightstones. Even with a capable ranger, can be lucky to get 6 GL's an hour, then another dozen or so regular lightstones. Yes, killing them faster than bards since they stagnate the spawn taking so long to kill them.

derpcake
01-21-2016, 12:06 PM
you have friends you need to catch up with

time to find out how good of friends they are

am0n
01-21-2016, 12:26 PM
you have friends you need to catch up with

time to find out how good of friends they are

^This, right here.

Also, if you are looking to play catchup fast doing quests, expect an easy 4-5k worth of buying stuff, assuming that quantity of stuff is available to be bought, and at the low prices people here are claiming (I've sold CB belts for 4p and stacks of bone ships for 20p).

Baler
01-21-2016, 06:51 PM
Belts are 2
You're right my mistake, it has been a while. They were 2-3pp now that I think about it. pads were certainly 5pp each.

Daywolf
01-21-2016, 08:20 PM
You're right my mistake, it has been a while. They were 2-3pp now that I think about it. pads were certainly 5pp each.Yeah I've seen people try to sell belts for 3pp, but most times I just see a lot of endless auction/ooc spam and with very few belts offered, but I'm sure some do manage to at times as supply can get desperate especially on weekends. I can't say for EC though, I don't sit there much, and when I do I rarely see CB belts/pads listed. I spend quite a bit of time in Faydwer and some in the Karanas, since the beginning, chatting, buffing lwobies, rp, but especially with the amount of time it takes to gather mats for crafting (e.g foraging so to craft cultural can be insane time).

Yeah, OP, if your friends want you to catch up, likely they will need to put words to action here, to help you out with it somehow. That or do some off-hours farming with a higher level character, if you don't want to wait for the quest items from others. The worse thing about them is that they take up bag/bank space, and it takes quite a many to level a character.

mropey
01-21-2016, 09:10 PM
hey guys,

I'm looking to start a Druid and get him to 24 as fast as i can so he can catch up to my friends. I'm not rich enough for PL'ing, but i figured between CB belts and Greater Light Stones, I could get myself up near the 20's fairly quickly.

Any specific idea how much that would cost, or if I should CB belts first, or just go GLS's the entire way?

Thanks,

Dev

Everything all of these guys said.. Bone Chips are quick and easy, CB Belts can be bought for about 2p each, Pads for about 4p, Orc Scalps turned in in Highpass... But.. You're a druid.. once you can charm animals, you'll catch your friends at 24 fairly quickly.. Good to actually play him a little bit and skill up some spells. Charming crocs in Oasis is stupid easy XP, or wolves in EK. Charming tigers in LOIO is quick also, and they wreck shit. Good luck!!

DevGrousis
01-23-2016, 03:08 AM
First of all, thanks to everyone for the information!

Update: 18 stacks of Bone Chips, 104 CB Belts, and 24 CB Pads, all turned in in Kaladim got me to Level 12 (and 97% through it)

328pp for the belts/pads, 180p for the bips, all injected into the newb market :D

Not bad. I'll just grind the rest of the way up, as to not waste my money.

I've never done the whole charm soloing thing. I think i'll give it a shot this time around so I can experience something new. Survivability with druid should be way better with SoW/Heals

Sudz
01-23-2016, 03:22 AM
i will powerlevel you to 24 for free

DevGrousis
01-23-2016, 03:48 AM
You'd do that?