PDA

View Full Version : RMT hates him! You won't believe what this dwarf accomplishes in two minutes!

Stepper
01-20-2016, 01:17 AM
So yeah, I just thought this was a fun video captured when I was streaming tonight.

https://youtu.be/oXTNqaxWjqY

After I was graced with his savior Braknar's presence, I went out into EJ and foraged my ancient coin in 4 attempts for my tambourine, which I already did for a few hours today. Thank you for your blessing of RNG, Braknar.

http://i.imgur.com/L5Zuk8v.png

Pokesan
01-20-2016, 01:27 AM
extremely good

Rogean
01-20-2016, 01:33 AM
Rigged.

:)

Oleris
01-20-2016, 01:52 AM
Braknar should have used a level 80 smite to serve justice.

Kixx
01-20-2016, 02:06 AM
Saw him do this to Greenfist the other day here in EC TUnnel as well. You can still see Greenfist corpse at T1.

Tasslehofp99
01-20-2016, 04:47 AM
LOL rekt

QFuzzle
01-20-2016, 07:29 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/qcZ1A1peO4u2c/giphy.gif

t3kn34k
01-20-2016, 08:19 AM
Reminds me of this classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AgZBSI7f4

Braknar
01-20-2016, 12:13 PM
The notable bit here ladies and gents is that was RMT from April of 2015.

Logs are forever.

Pope Hat
01-20-2016, 03:02 PM
Hahahaha

Halfdin
01-20-2016, 03:31 PM

Logs are forever.

Sounds like a power trip. With all the logs around from staff conversations, I question the judgement you exercise. I would be interested to know how concrete the evidence is or if you're just waving that ban stick around cause it makes you feel like a big boy.

Braknar
01-20-2016, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a power trip. With all the logs around from staff conversations, I question the judgement you exercise. I would be interested to know how concrete the evidence is or if you're just waving that ban stick around cause it makes you feel like a big boy.

If the individual here wishes to contest the ban, they are free to petition and I'll show them my proof.

Halfdin
01-20-2016, 03:45 PM
Hopefully they do. Just odd you would hit someone nearly 9 months later randomly - unless they didn't something later you just didn't mention.

Doesn't leave a reassuring feeling for us peons

Pokesan
01-20-2016, 03:54 PM
there is no statute of limitations on elf justice

Ele
01-20-2016, 03:55 PM
Hopefully they do. Just odd you would hit someone nearly 9 months later randomly - unless they didn't something later you just didn't mention.

Don't RMT, Don't get banned.

Braknar
01-20-2016, 03:57 PM

Ah, that is because I just discovered this particular seller.

He is one of probably 50 accounts banned over the past couple days stemming from this one seller.

Halfdin
01-20-2016, 04:00 PM
Don't RMT, Don't get banned.

duh.

That's the point i'm trying to make, but probably doing a lousy job of. Got banned and unbanned in that wave last year.

Just seems like if things are treated more guilty until innocent here, and I guess just have to deal with that.

I guess pokesan says it best a post or two above:
there is no statute of limitations on elf justice

Halfdin
01-20-2016, 04:01 PM
Ah, that is because I just discovered this particular seller.

He is one of probably 50 accounts banned over the past couple days stemming from this one seller.

Thank you for clarification :) The whole 9months thing seemed odd.

Braknar
01-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Thank you for clarification :) The whole 9months thing seemed odd.

Sure thing.

As for guilty until proven innocent. I understand that may be the perception at times, but that's certainly not my intent.

When larger RMT sellers like this one are hit, yes some innocent people get caught. Usually that is simply due to the volume of effort in processing/tracking the buyers. Sometimes I make mistakes. This is why I said that individual is more than welcome to contest the ban.

Hope this helps.

eadric
01-20-2016, 04:23 PM
Nice work Braknar.

Unfortunately, this is also why I don't do plat/item transfers. You never know who is RMT'ing, and your friendly assistance can get you on a ban list. Tough to prove you are innocent in a case like that I would think.

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-20-2016, 04:37 PM

Logs are forever.

And that's how you GM

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-20-2016, 04:39 PM

Yes, exactly. It would be odd if a GM just banned someone randomly.

Are you sure you are making the point you are trying to make? Take a breath, reformulate thoughts.

Pope Hat
01-20-2016, 04:47 PM
Can always take ss if you are just transfering plat. Its rare enough that it's not a big deal.

thufir
01-20-2016, 05:05 PM

Speak for yourself. The rest of us peons have our own voices.

Kudos to you Braknar.

Braknar
01-20-2016, 05:16 PM
Nice work Braknar.

Unfortunately, this is also why I don't do plat/item transfers. You never know who is RMT'ing, and your friendly assistance can get you on a ban list. Tough to prove you are innocent in a case like that I would think.

Nope, quite easy to prove innocence. We see you take 10K plat from RMTToon1 and give it to BobTheShaman. We then ban BobTheShaman.

You might INITIALLY get banned, but just come to the forums and let us know it's a mistake and we can take care of it.

Man0warr
01-20-2016, 05:30 PM
Yeah can't do PLing/Chardok for hard plat anymore from strangers or you'll most likely get banned in an RMT wave, if only temporarily.

Braknar
01-20-2016, 05:41 PM
Yeah can't do PLing/Chardok for hard plat anymore from strangers or you'll most likely get banned in an RMT wave, if only temporarily.

Well you can, just be prepared to get banned (temporarily) since from our perspective that will look like an RMT trade.

So long as you keep records of amount, from whom, time of PL, etc we can verify that info if you get banned, then get the real person.

iruinedyourday
01-20-2016, 06:27 PM
was kinda hoping the next braknar sighting was going to involve a lot of crazy questing for everyone involved in a night of hilariousness but this'll do.

AzzarTheGod
01-20-2016, 06:36 PM
Nice work Braknar.

He is catching a lot of bad guys and hes doing good work.

But I'll never be completely cool with the guilty-but-might-be-innocent temp bans though. Given the history Red99 had with "temporary locked" accounts and "temp bans" of guild storage vaults and retired players and the potential for abuse.

Not everyone can contest a ban or knows how to contest one. Many of you overestimate the neckbeardedness of the average player.

I know several guys who I explained how to contest and they weren't interested because they had been unjustly banned and decided the project wasn't worth it/washed out.

rayngerdaynger
01-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Thanks for doing this!

Braknar
01-20-2016, 06:38 PM
was kinda hoping the next braknar sighting was going to involve a lot of crazy questing for everyone involved in a night of hilariousness but this'll do.

I may be cooking something up for this spring/summer.

Stay tuned.

Sorn
01-20-2016, 06:41 PM

Stay tuned.

DoF hopes this will be lots of fun and is happy to give unsolicited but well-meaning advice.

Braknar
01-20-2016, 06:42 PM
He is catching a lot of bad guys and hes doing good work.

But I'll never be completely cool with the guilty-but-might-be-innocent temp bans though. Given the history Red99 had with "temporary locked" accounts and "temp bans" of guild storage vaults and retired players and the potential for abuse.

Not everyone can contest a ban or knows how to contest one. Many of you overestimate the neckbeardedness of the average player.

I know several guys who I explained how to contest and they weren't interested because they had been unjustly banned and decided the project wasn't worth it/washed out.

While I agree that banning ANY innocents is less than ideal, I would like to think I've handled RMT with a slightly less heavy hand as some previous folks. I have been wrong a few times, and I'll probably continue to be wrong. I would like to think I'm wrong a lot less now than when I began.

I have changed my process as time has gone on (I try to check if it's a transfer) which I hope has lessened the innocents caught.

I'll keep trying to rework my process and lessen the chance of innocent folks caught in the cross fire, but I would say that now a days it's a very small percentage of innocents in the mix.

Samsung
01-20-2016, 07:05 PM
Keep up the good work.

Sinport
01-20-2016, 09:25 PM
As a member of Venerate I would like to say that his actions do not reflect us as a whole. If we would of known of his violations of the rules. He would of been swiftly removed and reported by us. Cajra was acting on his own.

manguard
01-20-2016, 09:45 PM
Thanks for keeping the server as clean as you can.

Pokesan
01-20-2016, 09:58 PM
As a member of Venerate I would like to say that his actions do not reflect us as a whole. If we would of known of his violations of the rules. He would of been swiftly removed and reported by us. Cajra was acting on his own.

I liked it better when you guys were called Dark Winter ;)

Oleris
01-20-2016, 10:36 PM

Stay tuned.

christmas event :*(

Kawazu
01-20-2016, 11:06 PM
So long as you keep records of amount, from whom, time of PL, etc we can verify that info if you get banned, then get the real person.

While i agree that what you do is a necessity in the modern world of mmos, but when did it have to come to this just to enjoy a game? You (potentially) have to worry about getiing banned anytime you open a trade window now.

Braknar
01-20-2016, 11:15 PM
christmas event :*(

Yea, I had a death in the family in early December that really but the brakes on that, sorry heh.

I did shelf what I had done and will get it ready for next season.

While i agree that what you do is a necessity in the modern world of mmos, but when did it have to come to this just to enjoy a game? You (potentially) have to worry about getiing banned anytime you open a trade window now.

A little dramatic?

No. No you don't. If it's a simple trade it is all visible in our logs. The ONLY time you'll get falsely banned is if you're doing something that LOOKS like RMT when we look at the trade logs.

For instance, if you are selling a MQ. That often has a large sum of plat with no item in return. Or if you're selling Chardok PLing - same thing. Both of these are independently verifiable as well. With an MQ, I can look at the quest log and see the MQ performed within the time frame. With Chardok I can look at mob kill logs and see the same.

Rivthis
01-20-2016, 11:33 PM
Braknar is allowed to speak again. YAY his forum ban is over, only glory and righteousness will spew forth from his mouth.

And if you are a female, he might give you some special attention. *wink wink*

Kawazu
01-20-2016, 11:34 PM
For instance, if you are selling a MQ. That often has a large sum of plat with no item in return. Or if you're selling Chardok PLing - same thing. Both of these are independently verifiable as well. With an MQ, I can look at the quest log and see the MQ performed within the time frame. With Chardok I can look at mob kill logs and see the same.

Correct me if im wrong;

Player sells shm tear for 50k (whatever they are these days). dildo with rmt plat buys said mq. Dildo is banned, legit player petitions for unbanning to log back in to no tear and rmt plat deleted, or is mq restored after proof that legit player had nothing to do with it?

JackFlash
01-20-2016, 11:35 PM
Chardok = rmt hotbed

Man0warr
01-21-2016, 12:35 AM
Correct me if im wrong;

Player sells shm tear for 50k (whatever they are these days). dildo with rmt plat buys said mq. Dildo is banned, legit player petitions for unbanning to log back in to no tear and rmt plat deleted, or is mq restored after proof that legit player had nothing to do with it?

I'm pretty sure you get to keep your plat. The plat itself isn't dirty (as in duped or what have you).

Sektor
01-21-2016, 12:45 AM
Posting in an epic thread, see sig.

Pokesan
01-21-2016, 01:17 AM
I'm undefeated vs staff in elf court

call me if you need consultation

Braknar
01-21-2016, 01:31 AM
Braknar is allowed to speak again. YAY his forum ban is over, only glory and righteousness will spew forth from his mouth.

And if you are a female, he might give you some special attention. *wink wink*

I was never *not* allowed to speak, I was actually just playing other games truth be told.

Glad you adore me so.

Nocsucow
01-21-2016, 01:35 AM
Braknar doesn't have to explain shit tbh.. these servers are lucky that he takes his time and explains what and why he does it.

iruinedyourday
01-21-2016, 01:39 AM
Wb buddy any news?

Clever
01-21-2016, 03:21 AM
these servers are lucky that he takes his time and explains what and why he does it.

Being locked out and told to prove your innocence is annoying enough, but having it done by someone who doesn't take the time to apologize and engage when it's by mistake will drive people of character away, especially those who don't generally engage in risky transfers.

Tonight's the first I've ever heard of Braknar, but in a few posts I get the sense that he gets that. And the server is, in fact, very lucky to have him.

Thulack
01-21-2016, 09:28 AM
Over the last 4 years i had 2 accounts temp banned due to doing xfers for a RMTer and for one of my toons belonging to a RMTer before i bought it (legally when trading accounts was allowed). I put in petitions and showed the logs of the transactions and the conversations that took place. Was unbanned within a few days. Well worth it to be banned a few days to know that the staff is actively looking to bust cheaters. Good Job Brak

Bboboo
01-21-2016, 09:32 AM
I have a similar video of Braknar banning boxers, I should try and find that footage.

Pheer
01-21-2016, 09:33 AM
youre our last hope braknar, only you can break the gm curse

do not succumb to the temptations of the dark side

Bionic
01-21-2016, 09:39 AM

Logs are forever.

http://imgur.com/z4JYOfg

Coincidence? I think NOT. :)

Spyder73
01-21-2016, 10:07 AM
I have felt the wrath of Fatnar first hand - Just last year he smited me with unholy justice as he striped away my entire heritage, obliterating my very identity as a human monk of the Wu'Tang Clan

#Free Wu'Tang

Ella`Ella
01-21-2016, 10:37 AM
do not succumb to the temptations of the dark side

Would that be RMT or Rust?

Blitzers
01-21-2016, 11:23 AM
Hey my wife wants to buy MQ for her "Advanced Statistics & Analysis" class, will pay 50k plat for an A, 40k B, 10k C.

Can we use game plat for worldly services?

Monty405
01-21-2016, 11:44 AM
I have felt the kindness of Braknar first hand - Just last year he freed me of a terrible choice for a last name.

Pokesan
01-21-2016, 12:06 PM
probably a bad idea to antagonize the man with the hammer, Rivthis

am0n
01-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Could have sworn this thread just had more posts in it...

snirke
01-21-2016, 12:38 PM
I liked it better when you guys were called Dark Winter ;)

Not sure where you are coming up with dark winter. Venerate is an old e'ci guild recreated on p99.

Uuruk
01-21-2016, 12:46 PM
When will you be banning Nocsucow and all his accounts? I know you banned him once already.

am0n
01-21-2016, 01:49 PM
When will you be banning Nocsucow and all his accounts? I know you banned him once already.

I can think of a handful of people more deserving of a perma-ban.

Samsung
01-21-2016, 01:53 PM

Loooooool

Pope Hat
01-21-2016, 02:31 PM
Hey my wife wants to buy MQ for her "Advanced Statistics & Analysis" class, will pay 50k plat for an A, 40k B, 10k C.

Yeah pretty sure it's bannable.

Crawdad
01-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Not sure where you are coming up with dark winter. Venerate is an old e'ci guild recreated on p99.

Dark Winter was a guild of twinks who ended up being mostly RMTers. Not 100% but I believe they disbanded.. not sure if they regrouped, there are still a few lowbie guilds out there with impressive quantity and quality of twinks.

iruinedyourday
01-21-2016, 02:48 PM
I really do like the part of the video where the bard starts getting crunched on and is like wtf?!!

Samsung
01-21-2016, 05:54 PM
So you werent being a guide for the last couple of months? I mean to go from hundreds of post a day to nothing around Dec 1st

And I do adore you, oh so much, you have filled my life with laughter and happiness

Show some respect to Braknar you clown.

Pokesan
01-21-2016, 07:23 PM
How am I disrespecting him?

Also calling people clowns isnt very respectful so you get no respect anymore. :mad:

He is doing great work finding RMTers, LOVE THAT YAYAAA!

BUT

He has been missing for 2 months on the forums and just came back, said he was playing other games so I was wondering if he wasn't searching for those EVIL RMTers or was he just lying about playing other games.

you are not owed an explanation, elf dork. now cram it.

Skillslam
01-21-2016, 07:26 PM
The message here is you may as well RMT and get 9 months of enjoyment out of it before anything is done ehehee

BattleToad
01-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Pras

http://i.imgur.com/xthcUjP.png

iruinedyourday
01-21-2016, 08:25 PM
hehe i love these moments before GM's get bant and they are very awesome and involved with the community.

drktmplr12
01-21-2016, 08:51 PM
I feel like this is the most interesting thread on the forum for weeks.

Glad to see the staff working on problems.

mropey
01-21-2016, 09:07 PM
Jesus... your group never killed that fog golem during that video.

Stepper
01-21-2016, 09:16 PM

Pressing Q is hard.

And Holy Salt Batman. This thread blew up for all the wrong reasons.

Zugsmash
01-21-2016, 10:33 PM

I think they wiped.. :(

iruinedyourday
01-21-2016, 10:42 PM
I think they wiped.. :(

lol

Steppings song ends.
Stepping has been slain by a Fog Golem!
Braknar Says, 'OK OK GUYS! My work here is done! carry on!'
Braknar steps into a magical portal and disapers!
Jalkis has been slain by a Fog Golem!
Questlove is hit by 250 non melee damage!
Questlove has been slain by a Fog Golem!
Colal has fallen to the ground.
Colal has been slain by a Fog Golem!

Yep looks like GM's performing as expected.

sigh.

Samsung
01-21-2016, 10:49 PM

Lol yikes

Tasslehofp99
01-22-2016, 04:14 AM
lol

Steppings song ends.
Stepping has been slain by a Fog Golem!
Braknar Says, 'OK OK GUYS! My work here is done! carry on!'
Braknar steps into a magical portal and disapers!
Jalkis has been slain by a Fog Golem!
Questlove is hit by 250 non melee damage!
Questlove has been slain by a Fog Golem!
Colal has fallen to the ground.
Colal has been slain by a Fog Golem!

Yep looks like GM's performing as expected.

sigh.

LOL they froze up like braknar was the police

chipz
01-22-2016, 11:05 AM
Man, bard damage is really bad.

LostCause
01-23-2016, 09:46 AM
did he try to /q or just got booted off? lol

Roonskee
01-23-2016, 12:27 PM
Lol, this guy is raging so hard in EC right now

Uuruk
01-23-2016, 01:30 PM
Lol, this guy is raging so hard in EC right now

You're dumb

Sivaeb
01-24-2016, 02:59 AM
spam spam spam spam spam, spammity spam! wonderful spam!

DevGrousis
01-24-2016, 09:54 PM
While I agree that banning ANY innocents is less than ideal, I would like to think I've handled RMT with a slightly less heavy hand as some previous folks. I have been wrong a few times, and I'll probably continue to be wrong. I would like to think I'm wrong a lot less now than when I began.

I have changed my process as time has gone on (I try to check if it's a transfer) which I hope has lessened the innocents caught.

I'll keep trying to rework my process and lessen the chance of innocent folks caught in the cross fire, but I would say that now a days it's a very small percentage of innocents in the mix.

all anyone can ask for. I've had my hand slapped before. Whether my slap was just or not, i've been here long enough to know that if RMT isn't handled the server turns to mush.

So keep doing your thing, Brak.

Pokesan
02-01-2016, 11:14 PM
thread goes up

[Mon Feb 01 19:12:09 2016] Braknar shouts, 'Protip kids, don't RMT'
[Mon Feb 01 19:12:12 2016] Grimtooth strikes out with a mystic force.
[Mon Feb 01 19:12:12 2016] Grimtooth goes into a berserker frenzy!
[Mon Feb 01 19:12:12 2016] Grimtooth strikes out with a mystic force.
[Mon Feb 01 19:12:12 2016] Grimtooth has been slain by Braknar!

dwf on dwf violence in the tunnel

Baler
02-02-2016, 04:53 AM
That was hilarious. Get lost rmt scum.

@OP great video clip :D