PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Knight - Race

SewingMachine
01-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Back-Story: I play mostly on blue, but someone said that I should make a Red char, and play him when I am waiting for groups on blue. I have never played a melee class, so I wanted to pick a Hybrid one that gets at least some spells. I Picked SK because I hear they are good at PVP, The only quest I have is what race? I have my Iksar to lvl 7 or so and just want to make sure that I am not making a mistake before i take him any farther.

Iksar Issues: Cant wear plate, Isolation to Kunark, 20% exp pen.

Should I reroll a DE or another race? I just want to make sure, that the exp pen. is worth the regen and AC that iksar get.

Let Me know what you think

PS - I hate large races (Ogre / Trolls)

easy_lee
01-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Make a large race anyway.

The problem with not doing so as an SK, Warrior, etc., is that you have to wear resist gest to PvP well. That means less gear to increase your strength and stamina, meaning you basically need BiS or a significant gear advantage to compete with an ogre or troll as anything other than an ogre or troll.

If you're determined not to play ogre or troll, play iksar. Their racials are better than the others', and you have the opportunity to get gear now that velious is out. People used to play dark elf due to a bug that let one hide while casting spells, meaning you could split camps as a dark elf shadow knight, and use the invis mask to pull individual mobs across an entire zone (such as guk). That bug got fixed, so there's no reason to play dark elf now. Invisibility is better than hide.

Tameth
01-19-2016, 06:01 PM
gnome

Xaanka
01-19-2016, 06:04 PM
troll/ogre is the best with a casual time investment, or casual/kunark level gear.

iksar is limited by weaker stats early on, and lack of access to classic/kunark plate gear, but become the best sk's with velious gear due to their racial ac/regen.

erudite sk's win all the cool points

Tassador
01-19-2016, 06:11 PM
I want to make a char that looks cool in plate but starting stats are inferior to every large race. That's what op sounds like also sounds like blue.

Damn
01-19-2016, 06:13 PM
Back-Story: I play mostly on blue, but someone said that I should make a Red char, and play him when I am waiting for groups on blue. I have never played a melee class, so I wanted to pick a Hybrid one that gets at least some spells. I Picked SK because I hear they are good at PVP, The only quest I have is what race? I have my Iksar to lvl 7 or so and just want to make sure that I am not making a mistake before i take him any farther.

Iksar Issues: Cant wear plate, Isolation to Kunark, 20% exp pen.

Should I reroll a DE or another race? I just want to make sure, that the exp pen. is worth the regen and AC that iksar get.

Let Me know what you think

PS - I hate large races (Ogre / Trolls)

This isn't blue you need to minmax die to having to wear resist gear all the time also two handed bash sword and board is shit

easy_lee
01-19-2016, 06:17 PM
also two handed bash sword and board is shit

Good point, I forgot about bash.

dis_mornin
01-19-2016, 06:33 PM
To answer your question.. Troll.

To give you advice. Don't make an SK on Red as a casual play character. Make a better solo class or something with a little more utility. Dont expect to log in get groups on red while your waitint for a grp on blue. Probably more efficient to hop on a class that can solo and take care of itself. Better yet if its your first shot at a pvp box, though melees are king, it'll probably be easier on a caster for a new pvper. My first character on every server is druid for the obvious reasons. I suggest the same. Self sufficient. Buffs ports good solo class can get away from pvp if needed in a hurry. Strongish pvp class later on if you stick around.

Qtip
01-19-2016, 06:49 PM
Troll. Regen bonus and 2hnd bash.

iruinedyourday
01-19-2016, 08:07 PM
as accurate as above post is i suggest human.

because you'll never get to an end game level where it matters before they wipe this server and eyepatch.

SamwiseRed
01-19-2016, 11:01 PM
troll if you wanna look like a badass otherwise fay gate.

iruinedyourday
01-19-2016, 11:35 PM
Does troll have eyepatch? Oh wait. No.

Smedy
01-20-2016, 01:42 AM
ogre or troll, if non of them you go iksar... if you have a friend who has the ring of the dead from classic it could be cool being a dark elf too for unlimited bind affinities ....

Tune
01-20-2016, 01:49 AM
to the OP , since you hate big races it seems like u should stick with iksar

the exp penalty is worth the benefits and they make a fine sk in the right hands

filthyphil
01-20-2016, 03:33 PM
If you play here, you have already lost.

LostCause
01-20-2016, 03:42 PM
iksar is the master race next.

easy_lee
01-20-2016, 04:22 PM
Also, experience penalty is a non factor with the huge experience bonus on Red.

Gotze
01-20-2016, 04:30 PM
Playing the race you aesthetically prefer is a big deal, you don't want to get to 60 and hate playing your character

It's refreshing seeing dark elf sk's , human monks, etc

Play what you want to play in terms of race , but for your specific preference iksar sounds like a great choice because of there regen for pvp

easy_lee
01-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Playing the race you aesthetically prefer is a big deal, you don't want to get to 60 and hate playing your character

It's refreshing seeing dark elf sk's , human monks, etc

Play what you want to play in terms of race , but for your specific preference iksar sounds like a great choice because of there regen for pvp

I've seen people regret making the aesthetic but inferior choice more often than I've seen people regret the superior but ugly choice. If he wants style points, he should just play erudite since no one likes them. Female erudite less than 1% of all characters in EQ. No one even knows what they look like in plate.

Xaanka
01-20-2016, 05:11 PM
I've seen people regret making the aesthetic but inferior choice more often than I've seen people regret the superior but ugly choice. If he wants style points, he should just play erudite since no one likes them. Female erudite less than 1% of all characters in EQ. No one even knows what they look like in plate.

http://i.imgur.com/UMtjZHs.jpg

Xaanka
01-20-2016, 05:46 PM
Try playing during Asian peak. What used to be 80-120 a few months ago has now dwindled down to a mere 30 players. I've stopped bothering to log on unless it's the weekend as there's pretty much nothing to do, pvp or pve. Yawn.

To be fair, during the peak US hours, the server does seem to be fun, with plenty of pvp to be had, but for those of us from Asia, Australia and Europe, the server is a ghost town. Sad times.

server needs more asian shadow knights

iruinedyourday
01-20-2016, 06:28 PM
All this talk has made me decide on my next class tho i think.

hammbone
01-20-2016, 06:51 PM
iksar - extra int lets you max stats and gives an extra 300 hp life tap