PDA

View Full Version : Thurg Dead

Boilon
01-19-2016, 06:06 AM
Someone triggered a ring war?? I was out in GD as the giants ran through the waterfall and claimed Thurg, but I didn't see anyone who actually turned it in? Also Dain didn't spawn like I heard happened upon a failed ring war... anyone know what happened?

azeth
01-19-2016, 07:50 AM
Someone triggered a ring war?? I was out in GD as the giants ran through the waterfall and claimed Thurg, but I didn't see anyone who actually turned it in? Also Dain didn't spawn like I heard happened upon a failed ring war... anyone know what happened?

takes 2 hrs for dain to spawn supposedly

arsenalpow
01-19-2016, 08:09 AM
2 hours on the dot

Boilon
01-19-2016, 08:22 AM
so is it going to be a regular thing for thurg to be dead every time this Sentry guy (1 day or 3 day?) is up? Pretty annoying to not be able to do any tradeskilling or even use merchants.

arsenalpow
01-19-2016, 08:26 AM
This is the first instance that I know of someone triggering the ring war and not even attempting the fight.

Boilon
01-19-2016, 08:30 AM
you mean someone just did it for the hell of it this time? It was at a very bizzare time as well...

Monty405
01-19-2016, 08:33 AM
Possibly just to get the Dain to spawn to kill him... Unless that was fixed?

Boilon
01-19-2016, 08:35 AM
Well I mean nobody is here killing Dain, that's why I find it weird, if someone was going to do that wouldn't it be happening right now. I hope they fix this soon then because its annoying... not to mention those giants right outside Thurg see invis.

Ele
01-19-2016, 09:40 AM
Well I mean nobody is here killing Dain, that's why I find it weird, if someone was going to do that wouldn't it be happening right now. I hope they fix this soon then because its annoying... not to mention those giants right outside Thurg see invis.

What is there to fix?

People purposely failed ring wars back on live during other peoples attempts on dain to despawn him midfight or just grief primetime players by despawning thurg.

kilmoll
01-19-2016, 11:44 AM
What is there to fix?

People purposely failed ring wars back on live during other peoples attempts on dain to despawn him midfight or just grief primetime players by despawning thurg.

Yes this did happen once. However, if people want to be dickbags and do things like that, people can make Sentry Badain disappear so no more ring wars can be attempted....

Gimp
01-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Who done it?

Daldaen
01-19-2016, 12:14 PM
Yes this did happen once. However, if people want to be dickbags and do things like that, people can make Sentry Badain disappear so no more ring wars can be attempted....

I don't think this was a failed ring war. Or rather, a failed attempt.

I think someone just turned it in and left, no attempt to stop the Giants.

It's 2 hours of dead Thurg, a minor inconvenience but nothing incredibly ridiculous.

Man0warr
01-19-2016, 12:53 PM
What is there to fix?

No, he doesn't respawn on a failed Ring War on live. For exactly this reason.

Raev
01-19-2016, 01:02 PM
It's 2 hours of dead Thurg, a minor inconvenience but nothing incredibly ridiculous.

If they aren't even attempting the war, it's a clear exploit of the Dain-respawn-after-ring-war-fail bug. Banhammer should descend IMO.

Ele
01-19-2016, 01:20 PM
No, he doesn't respawn on a failed Ring War on live. For exactly this reason.

The respawning of Dain, sure. It has been on the devs' bug list since August 2015 (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2029155&postcount=31).