PDA

View Full Version : Another reason why luclin will fix red.

TheBiznessTZ
01-18-2016, 11:32 PM
Make luclin red only and never on blue. Tons of people will play on red over blue to play the 2nd best xpac in the game (pop #1 obviously)

Efwan
01-19-2016, 12:54 AM
Luclin was one of the worst. Only good thing from Luclin was the AAs and Ssra raiding

Telron
01-19-2016, 01:09 AM
Ya only 90% of luclin was the good part.

beta
01-19-2016, 02:16 AM

Thomas Paine
01-19-2016, 02:37 AM
George Conica clearly said in this video that Luclin ruined EverQuest. I believe him.
sourmath.com

Smedy
01-19-2016, 02:48 AM
again, the reason p99 was such a success is because of the promise NEVER to release luclin. Why don't you go browse the countless of emu's offering a free luclin gaming experience instead of shitting up the forums with posts like this warm body 124, thanks

AzzarTheGod
01-19-2016, 03:07 AM

AzzarTheGod
01-19-2016, 03:11 AM
again, the reason p99 was such a success is because of the promise NEVER to release luclin. Why don't you go browse the countless of emu's offering a free luclin gaming experience instead of shitting up the forums with posts like this warm body 124, thanks

You really think people are going to read the thread for you and cut and paste the answer to your garbo shitpost question? Warmbody 124? Is that some kind of RANT OR FLAME? Watch it pal.

Posted in the Release Luclin thread the same question. If you actually read the thread, instead of shitposting, you would see HB and other end-game uberguild veterans have answered and addressed that part.

hint: there is no Luclin available anywhere with p99 legitimacy.

Come again. Either participate in the thread, or don't. If you aren't going to read the threads and participate, don't bother posting. This is not Rants and Flames. Consider yourself warned.

Madbad
01-19-2016, 04:15 AM
Consider yourself warned.

lol

Izmael
01-19-2016, 04:30 AM
Luclin zones, mobs or items had little to no *identity*.
Plus all the other 651 cons that are listed or are about to be listed ITT.

AzzarTheGod
01-19-2016, 04:39 AM
Luclin zones, mobs or items had little to no *identity*.
Plus all the other 651 cons that are listed or are about to be listed ITT.

Do you have a dog in this fight though?

I don't think I have seen Gnomster or his alts in-game much.

bubur
01-19-2016, 04:42 AM
paladul caverns made me gay

Bazia
01-19-2016, 05:07 AM
took 5 years to release default velious, im sure they are cooking up luclin in 2022

Xaanka
01-19-2016, 08:34 AM
again, the reason p99 was such a success is because of the promise NEVER to release luclin.

qft

its because luclin is garbage there's what 3 different emu's for it?

AenorVZ
01-19-2016, 09:56 AM
Why don't you go browse the countless of emu's offering a free luclin gaming experience instead of shitting up the forums with posts like this warm body 124, thanks

heartbrand
01-19-2016, 09:57 AM
All three emu's (at least 2, not sure if one does) use that shitty eqmac client.

People like p99 client so much because its titanium based client, which isn't anywhere near classic.

While I would enjoy playing luclin, especially a beastmaster, the experience of playing on such terrible clients ruined it completely. Can't even mouse wheel to pan out in 3rd person, Just horribly classic.

This plus boxing, MQ2, wipes, instability, etc., are a much larger reason as to why people don't play those servers rather than "luclin." This was already addressed by me.

heartbrand
01-19-2016, 10:01 AM
I could also turn the poorly thought out argument around:

"Why don't you go browse the countless of emus' offering a classic only gaming experience instead of shitting up the forums with posts like this non-player 124, thanks"

there's a reason devnoob servers die after 2 weeks. everyone hits max level, kills the raid bosses, and quits. if people really wanted counterstrike with elves, then crushbone pvp box would still be going strong with 200+ around the clock, multiple pvp warzones, etc. instead it was cwall, myself, that crazy dude whose name I can't remember that posted pictures of his dick, and a few other ppl.

Gwynraven
01-19-2016, 10:36 AM
I could also turn the poorly thought out argument around:

"Why don't you go browse the countless of emus' offering a classic only gaming experience instead of shitting up the forums with posts like this non-player 124, thanks"

there's a reason devnoob servers die after 2 weeks. everyone hits max level, kills the raid bosses, and quits. if people really wanted counterstrike with elves, then crushbone pvp box would still be going strong with 200+ around the clock, multiple pvp warzones, etc. instead it was cwall, myself, that crazy dude whose name I can't remember that posted pictures of his dick, and a few other ppl.

devnoobs server are some sort of seasons server that last 6 months, but are 6months of pure fun.
when raid target were down, you still had (small but still ) guild vs guild pvp to protect contested cities ( freeport / erudin / thurg etc ).

I see your points about luclin and the timesink involved with AAs is the best that could happen for pvp since people would be around exping instead of sitting on login screen waiting for raid bat phones.

But just face it , devs here don't give a flying duck about what is good or not for pvp. people are screaming for years about duck casting and resist code and little to nothing happen. what do you expect about full luclin itemization and AA code ?

*anon player flies away

heartbrand
01-19-2016, 10:48 AM
Mudflation doesn't get out of control until much later in EQ. You don't see 250 hp items until OOW I think?

Smedy
01-19-2016, 10:51 AM
You really think people are going to read the thread for you and cut and paste the answer to your garbo shitpost question? Warmbody 124? Is that some kind of RANT OR FLAME? Watch it pal.

Posted in the Release Luclin thread the same question. If you actually read the thread, instead of shitposting, you would see HB and other end-game uberguild veterans have answered and addressed that part.

Come again. Either participate in the thread, or don't. If you aren't going to read the threads and participate, don't bother posting. This is not Rants and Flames. Consider yourself warned.

you should always address me with Dr. or Sir. you imbecile! I have accomplished more in everquest than you ever will

Izmael
02-08-2016, 06:31 AM
Do you have a dog in this fight though?

I don't think I have seen Gnomster or his alts in-game much.

I'm on a lengthy self-imposed hiatus due to realizing there's slightly more to life than chasing one's own tail on P99.

BUT... we all know that you don't just leave EQ. I'll be back when I decide to poopsock more precious, irreplaceable RL time away for no reward whatsoever.

Xaanka
02-08-2016, 06:35 AM
reminder that luclin was the x pack where everyone quit to play dark age of camelot

MasterCaster
02-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Lets just wipe it clean and start a new entirely, that will fix my problems

Semmysosa
02-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Would it not be less coding to implement some PvP rewards then for Luclin?

Like armor sets that need coins from PvP. Get trade skills involved. Make the set No Drop and add 1 item loot. (RZ rules)

Or augments that are giving to Top 5 PvPers of the week?

Faction based rewards for cities and quests. Get NPC involved. Somehow cap player numbers in certain cites for lag purposes. Gives people reason to make Race/Diety alts. Make an event out of it.

Just thinking out loud. I know I am a troll but I played Rallos for two reasons PvP and the bond you make while fighting along side someone.

Seltius
02-08-2016, 11:19 AM

you should always address me with Dr. or Sir. you imbecile! I have accomplished more in everquest than you ever will

Maybe he just didn't have the foresight to create throw away accounts for when/if he got banned on his primary account and then had to create a new account to dodge the ban. When you provide proof of knighthood or any type of medical degree we might.

I agree with others in that I am hopeful that Luclin is never released on P99. My reasons are a little different from others but in some cases along the same basic lines.

reminder that luclin was the x pack where everyone quit to play dark age of camelot

For some reason I seem to remember it was still Velious when DAOC was released. I think that was part of the reason they rushed Luclin with only partial itemization and a lot of things incomplete. For example see the Ring of Fire event. I want to say it was 3-5 months later before they itemized that then they couldn't get it to work correctly and finally they gave up and removed it completely after making it almost impossible to advance waves.

I did like AAs and I can see why Gasoline really wants them to release it. AAs make rangers an effective range DPS class without having to use Trueshot with Archery Mastery and Endless Quiver.

TL;DR Some of the expansion was fun but probably not worth it to recreate and release.

Jahdu
02-08-2016, 12:10 PM

Wrong... A small trickle of the player base left for DAoC.
Mass exodus happened during Gates of Discord.

Kakadoody Boi
02-08-2016, 03:36 PM

Nice troll or super sad, regardless I laughed.

AzzarTheGod
02-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Wrong... A small trickle of the player base left for DAoC.
Mass exodus happened during Gates of Discord.

Correct.

Luclin was the peak population and is largely considered the Golden Age of EQ for this reason through Planes of Power.

It was clear SOE was no longer serious about the EQ brand when Gates was conceived. Can still feel the cringe on teleporting into Natimbi for the first time, walking towards the first zone full of mobs named Xaxxaxxsan Qaxicv running Selos speed and doing raid damage as a trash mob.

Another thing about Gates, it cemented 6 hour raids for only 1 or 2 items and maybe 1 augment. You had to be a pain sponge to stick around in a raid guild.

Yeah Aliens in the Netherworld ...Makes a guy appreciate cats on the moon.

Omens of War was a good attempt to normalize the Alien bullshit.

Xaanka
02-08-2016, 06:21 PM
For some reason I seem to remember it was still Velious when DAOC was released. I think that was part of the reason they rushed Luclin with only partial itemization and a lot of things incomplete. For example see the Ring of Fire event. I want to say it was 3-5 months later before they itemized that then they couldn't get it to work correctly and finally they gave up and removed it completely after making it almost impossible to advance waves.

It was velious, but the luclin pre-xpack patch came out a couple weeks after the DAoC release and a lot of people jumped ship when they saw how bad that graphics update was. There was also a lot of hype for luclin which led to a lot of new subs and peak pop, but a lot of OG players quit shortly in.

Velious was really good because it left many old world and kunark zones relevant, and kept the original feel of the game. Luclin wasn't a bad game or anything but I definitely consider luclin the first big departure from classic everquest.

hectorchrist0
02-08-2016, 10:34 PM
luclin ruined my immersion

silo32
02-08-2016, 10:37 PM
we need aa's

we need dedicated mains

no more main switching once you get your "Main" fully geared

this is coming from a guy that has 9 lvl 60's and 7 of them have epics and above average gear

TheBiznessTZ
02-08-2016, 10:38 PM
we need aa's

we need dedicated mains

no more main switching once you get your "Main" fully geared

this is coming from a guy that has 9 lvl 60's and 7 of them have epics and above average gear

i agree with this, i also have 9 52+ toons