PDA

View Full Version : Has there ever been any talk of an RP server?

west42074
01-14-2016, 09:59 PM
Just curious - I loved the RP server and the realism of having no "No Drop" items, and the lack of a Common tongue. Did a quick search and didn't see anything substantial ...

Daywolf
01-14-2016, 10:48 PM
Not that I know of. I know they want to do another pve server maybe later this year, but still just twitch stream talk. Yeah, FV was may alt server, was good times.

Silavor
01-14-2016, 11:22 PM
I would love an RP server as well, but I don't know if there's enough p99 interest yet to justify one.

thufir
01-15-2016, 07:15 PM
I would play the crap out of this, but can you imagine how much GM policing would be needed to keep it troll free? It doesn't seem like something that would happen here.

Daywolf
01-15-2016, 07:26 PM
I would play the crap out of this, but can you imagine how much GM policing would be needed to keep it troll free? It doesn't seem like something that would happen here.The greatest tool to fight trolling on FV was the ignore list, making it harder to interact and trade. Also, since you had to actually learn other languages to troll a wider population, well only but the most dedicated troll would take the time to do that.

Ivory
01-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Would rather everything be no drop...instead of everything tradeable :P

captnamazing
01-15-2016, 08:08 PM
I'd play big time shieet

Daywolf
01-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Would rather everything be no drop...instead of everything tradeable :PThat wouldn't go well with trivial loot code, and is not classic. In all, I think there were five types of classic servers. The standard pve, RP, pvp (few flavors of it), that mac one, then lastly that that premium server thingy.

AenorVZ
01-16-2016, 02:43 AM
RP server with proximity voip so we could do something like this would be amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMEh5n5IIGU

Ivory
01-16-2016, 10:56 AM
That wouldn't go well with trivial loot code

It would be pretty awesome! Imagine a world where nothing is tradeable...so you can't sell fine steel or anything. Plat comes from giants! But why do you need plat? You can't buy anything! Except multiquest stuff.

Wait...but then you couldn't give pets weapons! Or armor!! It would break it all!!

Ok, maybe make some stuff tradeable.....

Daywolf
01-16-2016, 11:18 AM
It would be pretty awesome! Imagine a world where nothing is tradeable...so you can't sell fine steel or anything. Plat comes from giants! But why do you need plat? You can't buy anything! Except multiquest stuff.

Wait...but then you couldn't give pets weapons! Or armor!! It would break it all!!

Ok, maybe make some stuff tradeable.....
Sure you'd need plats, to give to all the npc's for crafting mats. Lots and lots of it. I have five of them over 100, couple around 200, but I think most would ragequit trying to gear themselves with no sales. Even baking would be a crazy grind w/o all that wolf meat piled up on vendors. Though... still would be worth it just for another taste of that smoked wood elf mmmmm :D

Ivory
01-16-2016, 11:20 AM
It still sounds kind of nice haha, you can only have what you can actually go get....