PDA

View Full Version : To the person buying all the Orc Pawn Picks in Freeport/East Commonlands -

Aalderon Crystafire
01-14-2016, 06:11 PM
You want them too - OK. That's fine and we can share.

However, please STOP DESTROYING the gardens I am planting. ALWAYS leave one left !

If you buy them ALL then any subsequent picks sold to these high traffic vendors will be buried beneath tons of other junk. Three days in a row now I've coerced these merchants to kill themselves on guards in order to clear their stock and replant some picks on their first page and every time you fail to leave at least one so more can grow. You're ripping the plant up by the roots. Now that you understand how this works I hope we can benefit from these flourishing gardens.

Thanks for you cooperation.

MEGANS LAW
01-14-2016, 06:27 PM
You want them too - OK. That's fine and we can share.

However, please STOP DESTROYING the gardens I am planting. ALWAYS leave one left !

If you buy them ALL then any subsequent picks sold to these high traffic vendors will be buried beneath tons of other junk. Three days in a row now I've coerced these merchants to kill themselves on guards in order to clear their stock and replant some picks on their first page and every time you fail to leave at least one so more can grow. You're ripping the plant up by the roots. Now that you understand how this works I hope we can benefit from these flourishing gardens.

Thanks for you cooperation.

u wot m8?

HallyVee
01-14-2016, 06:50 PM
This is one aspect of EQ that has so far escaped me totally; merchant management. Thanks for the tutorial. (But no I'm not the guy)

Sorn
01-14-2016, 06:56 PM
/salute Aalderon

How goes FactionQuest?

indiscriminate_hater
01-14-2016, 07:46 PM
first world elf sim problems

Aalderon Crystafire
01-14-2016, 07:50 PM
<Salute>

I've been taking a bit of a break recently and have been also balancing it with trying to polish off those last two levels. It goes slowly, but surely though. Grobb is technically my only 100% maxed city so far but Erudin and Cabilis are very close, and I have the hardest factions of Felwithe and Kelethin (merchant factions) max ally now as well. My current project is that oh-so-difficult Neriak.

Rasah
01-14-2016, 08:54 PM
What class/race are you? I got my iksar monk good faction in Neriak, Kelethin, Felwithe, Rivervale, FV, NFP and Paineel. I had Erudin, but I trashed it.

For Neriak, you could do the red wine quest. For E/W FP, you could do inert potion in Erudin.

Aalderon Crystafire
01-14-2016, 11:45 PM
Neriak wine quest is amateur hour, my friend! That easily maxes the 2 guard factions (Dreadguard Inner/Outer) and merchants (Dark Bargainers). I'm talking about the guild factions - The Spurned, The Dead, Hall of the Ebon Mask as well as Queen Christanos Thex and King Aythox Thex - oh and Neriak Ogres!

I'm a Half Elf Bard (agnostic).

Lojik
01-14-2016, 11:53 PM
Neriak wine quest is amateur hour, my friend! That easily maxes the 2 guard factions (Dreadguard Inner/Outer) and merchants (Dark Bargainers). I'm talking about the guild factions - The Spurned, The Dead, Hall of the Ebon Mask as well as Queen Christanos Thex and King Aythox Thex - oh and Neriak Ogres!

I'm a Half Elf Bard (agnostic).

If you figure out neriak PM me, I as well have good faction in all cities but for some of those pesky dark elf ones.

Charlievox
01-15-2016, 12:18 PM
How the heck do you get a merchant to fight a guard?

Sorn
01-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Charm.

Aalderon Crystafire
01-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Indeed - so no faction hits!

Kevris
01-15-2016, 03:04 PM
How to be non kos in Freeport - Easy Version:

1) Do Rebby's Rat Whiskers on non-kos alt (preferably druid so you can sow yourself and bind). Don't turn in the whiskers, they stack and are droppable. After you get 160 of them, transfer them to your intended faction character who will not be KOS in the Freeport Rogues Guild.

2) Get wolf form, and hand in gold to Fabian in West Freeport.

3) Enjoy being non-kos everywhere except the caster's guild.

Aalderon Crystafire
01-15-2016, 05:41 PM
How to be non kos in Freeport - Easy Version:

1) Do Rebby's Rat Whiskers on non-kos alt (preferably druid so you can sow yourself and bind). Don't turn in the whiskers, they stack and are droppable. After you get 160 of them, transfer them to your intended faction character who will not be KOS in the Freeport Rogues Guild.

2) Get wolf form, and hand in gold to Fabian in West Freeport.

3) Enjoy being non-kos everywhere except the caster's guild.

My personal goal is max faction, not just being non-KOS. The first quest (Rebby's) is nice because it gives only positive faction hits but if the hits are only +1 that would mean running back and forth between those two zones quite a bit.

Inert Potion in Erudin requires running back and forth as well but it is only from the top floor to the basement and requires no zoning so I would probably go with that for Freeport Militia.

For Coalition of Tradefolk Undergrond I intend to do Tonics for Groflah since you can essentially get 80 turn-ins worth of nuts per trip and the faction hits are much better. As a bonus, you're also raising Knights of Truth, Coalition of Tradefolk and Merchants of Qeynos. The caveat is that if you're already KOS to the Tradefolk Underground you may need sneak/invis to turn in the tonics and he only spawns at night.

Your second quest mentioned (Fabian's Strings) is just all kinds of awesome because you are straight up purchasing faction and you can be KOS to the Knights of Truth and still do it provided you are friendly with my fellow Bards - easy if you've done levels in Mistmoore. I'll most likely be raising my Knights of Truth via Orcs, however, since it is by far the most effective way to raise Ashen Order (Freeport Monks).

Arcane Scientists are very easily raised by turning in rat ears in Qeynos Hills. Do this before doing Freeport bone chips so that you can simultaneously repair Opal Dark Briar while raising Dismal Rage (Xelha is on Dismal Rage, not Opal Dark Briar so you'll be fine). You'll want to do this before raising Knights of Truth since this will ruin it.

Truly the only real PITA faction for Freeport are the Priests of Marr because as far as I can tell the easiest way to raise them is by killing Freeport Militia guards.