PDA

View Full Version : What do people want from a server?

Rust1d?
01-14-2016, 03:16 PM
Classic?
2 box?
Coin loot?
Exp loss?

Just gathering ideas

Vile
01-14-2016, 03:20 PM
2boxpleb

Rust1d?
01-14-2016, 03:22 PM
Not not for or against 2 box...just wondering what people prefer

Barladore
01-14-2016, 03:24 PM
An exact copy of p1999 red with a classic timeline that wipes after velious has been out for a year.

drelk001
01-14-2016, 03:24 PM
I want a classic server with increased EXP/Loot rate so you can play casual and have a capped character, make it where you can solo anything (like a camp) and need a good organized group to take out raids and stuff.

drelk001
01-14-2016, 03:25 PM
if boxxing is allowed should make it where you can only 2box and you second character has to be a support class, like a buffer/patch healer shaman or druid or bard or something

Rust1d?
01-14-2016, 03:25 PM
True Classic or some customization?

Kergan
01-14-2016, 03:26 PM
I want the devnoob/image guildwars box with P99 code.

Rust1d?
01-14-2016, 03:26 PM
if boxxing is allowed should make it where you can only 2box and you second character has to be a support class, like a buffer/patch healer shaman or druid or bard or something

Usually that is what I make..something like Shammy/Monk or Cleric/Chanter.

Rust1d?
01-14-2016, 03:27 PM

Yeah would love to be able to have that code available for use.

Rust1d?
01-14-2016, 03:28 PM

How about Experience? Slow fast? Level locks? Progression?

drelk001
01-14-2016, 03:28 PM
True Classic or some customization?

classic, maybe custom content, like custom Expansions

drelk001
01-14-2016, 03:30 PM

should make it about as fast as P99 from 1-20 but on this server from 1-50

if you want help with making the server, PM me on here

Rust1d?
01-14-2016, 03:34 PM
classic, maybe custom content, like custom Expansions

How about custom zones..just 2-3 in classic?

Kergan
01-14-2016, 03:35 PM

I'd go with classic experience, no level locks, vote unlocked progression with a minimum of 6 months per xpac.

drelk001
01-14-2016, 03:36 PM
How about custom zones..just 2-3 in classic?

well... I was thinking full classic, from classic-velious or whenever people want to stop lol then start making custom expansions?

Bokke
01-14-2016, 03:43 PM
An exact copy of p1999 red with a classic timeline that wipes after velious has been out for a year.

edit: With slower xp rates. Not as slow as live, but not as fast as red.

heartbrand
01-14-2016, 03:44 PM
Planes of Power

Bokke
01-14-2016, 03:47 PM
In my opinion red99 was one massive beta-server. Now that we've fixed a bunch of bugs, and figured out what works and what doesn't work (golem wands, potions etc on cast times), it's time to release the real deal.

iruinedyourday
01-14-2016, 03:50 PM
6 mo vanilla 6 mo kunark then wipe

SamwiseRed
01-14-2016, 03:51 PM
In my opinion red99 was one massive beta-server. Now that we've fixed a bunch of bugs, and figured out what works and what doesn't work (golem wands, potions etc on cast times), it's time to release the real deal.

i agree with this.

Qtip
01-14-2016, 04:00 PM
A gm or guide. Also a wipe woth classic would be nice. But a gm or guide would be enough.

Bokke
01-14-2016, 04:00 PM
A gm or guide.

Those don't last too long around here.

Ragnaros
01-14-2016, 04:06 PM
classic server up to kunark with wipes
or luclin server
no boxing

Ragnaros
01-14-2016, 04:07 PM
x2 exp atleast tbh

georgie
01-14-2016, 04:11 PM
I entertain the idea of simulated server wipes. But I rather enjoy the idea of this current server being an actual beta, considering the amount of bugs/exploits/advantages there was already on this server. I'm not complaining, but it would be more polished up and maybe even a classic timeline.

I don't think this server would ever wipe, nor do I think the opposition would even play i.e: colgate,gongshow, and other high horsed players.

Kergan
01-14-2016, 04:19 PM
Actually I think Colgate, Gongshow and others would relish the opportunity to crush their enemies again. After all, that is the fun part.

Tameth
01-14-2016, 05:24 PM
I want plugging to be impossible

Vile
01-14-2016, 05:37 PM
cyclical wipes with quick XP so theres more pvp... win win win.

Rust1d?
01-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Seasons would work too...maybe every 6 months.

iruinedyourday
01-14-2016, 06:10 PM
Seriously can you imagine how much more fun we'd all be having with 6 mo vanilla 6 mo kunark and then a reset? Server would hit nost numbers.

Gotta keep dat current Xp bonus tho, game is better with it than w/o

compulsion
01-14-2016, 06:17 PM
I would redo the whole thing as a teams based MOBA.

1. 4 teams, each with every class and try to split with lore and best race/class combos in mind.
2. Start at level 60. XP would only be gained through quests and traded+clicked items dropped by rare or raid bosses. XP would go into a variety of AAs.
3. Perma-death. The more active and skilled you are, the faster you will be able to recover with stored/traded +AA items and quest knowledge.
4. Update every zone in the game to 40/45/50/55/60/65 with new loot and possibly new rares.
-A. Shuffle starting zones a bit and turn unused cities into dungeon zones.
5. Add race class combos like eru monk and bar ranger. Add beastlords.
6. Add AAs and change some boring spells. ex: Phantom armor line from mage could be a 5/10 min CD 1.5 sec cast that adds XX regen per tic.

Another box is just the same old shit. Very few quests are worth doing. Most of the zones in the game are completely trivial. I'd just take the whole grind/farm/waste of time out of it, make every zone potentially dangerous instead of a handful, and reward players who explore and remember rather than traditional raiding.

easy_lee
01-14-2016, 06:19 PM
Classic server with changes to prevent the zerg mentality from taking hold. Whether that means teams, periodic wipes, or whatever doesn't matter much as long as we don't just get an exact copy of what produced the current situation.

I have no opinion one way or the other about the experience bonus, but I would either do away with or tweak LnS.

georgie
01-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Shitters gon shit up

Xaanka
01-14-2016, 06:38 PM
i want a chocolate ice cream cone!!

Mus3t11
01-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Vztz

Laugher
01-14-2016, 07:19 PM
Can we just admit d2 ladder was a great idea and needs to be implemented in every mmo particularly with re red99 with a permanent place to dump chars after their season

Sear
01-14-2016, 09:11 PM
cyclical wipes with quick XP so theres more pvp... win win win.

this

I think Teams is better than FFA (compare TZ/SZ/VZ to RZ)

FFA does not work as intended nor has it ever. What actually happens is nobody attacks eachother. No one wants to burn the bridge for grouping and get branded as a public enemy (excluding badass mountain men like Gloinz). At the top, everyone just piles into one raid guild anyway.

Teams format works better for a pvp game that is mostly about zone control. A newbie doesn't have to worry about crippling his advancement if he attacks someone, and it's clear from the start who you can group with and which areas are safe for you.

Kergan
01-14-2016, 09:13 PM
I'd rather see guild wars than teams. TZ/VZ were easily the most retarded rulesets and SZ just hardcoded the option to avoid the strongest force.

Bokke
01-14-2016, 09:29 PM
What actually happens is nobody attacks eachother. No one wants to burn the bridge for grouping and get branded as a public enemy

Get this blue rubbish out of here.

The entire concept of teams on a small population box is just silly. Why would you want to limit an already small pool of PvP?

The only good argument teams ever had was it being easier for bluebies and therefore maybe attracting more of them to a PvP server.

Stasis01
01-14-2016, 09:53 PM
Least for myself some cons I see of FFA is people will jump from your guild to the #1 guild and make all the work you put in with someone against you.

With teams they would need to reroll to that team.

That and you would be more willing and wanting to help people on your team because you know that you all have to work together.

FFA has been since release just a gigantic zerg and completely one sided. It may be that way with teams but at least you'd have a dedicated #2 I think.

miraclegrow2
01-14-2016, 10:53 PM
None of these ideas matter nothing will happen or change.

Kergan
01-14-2016, 11:08 PM
You know another thing that will never change? Your shitty posts.

dontbanpls
01-15-2016, 12:01 AM
Pot calling the kettle black if i ever saw it right there Kergan

Kergan
01-15-2016, 12:12 AM
reported for racism

Tradesonred
01-15-2016, 12:16 AM
I want a time machine, go back to 2011, ply Rogean with some kind of incentive and make him launch red with Item loot and no xp loss in pvp.

Knuckle
01-15-2016, 12:30 AM
Classic?
2 box?
Coin loot?
Exp loss?

Just gathering ideas

Don't you know I still believe.
That you will be here.
And give me a sign.

Sear
01-15-2016, 12:34 AM
Get this blue rubbish out of here.

The entire concept of teams on a small population box is just silly. Why would you want to limit an already small pool of PvP?

The only good argument teams ever had was it being easier for bluebies and therefore maybe attracting more of them to a PvP server.

Read what I posted.

On live, there was more pvp on the team servers. I played on RZ and TZ. RZ was the most blue and the least populated.

Go watch people level up here and count the # of players that try attacking eachother (as opposed to the ones that hold hands or call truce while exping). You can't simplify this as "pool of pvp targets is bigger, so there must be more pvp" when it doesn't work that way. The majority of players are not willing to take on the consequences of pvp under the ruleset.

Doors
01-15-2016, 12:39 AM
Not really the grind to 60 is just so shit here and the lack of a playerbase makes it so it's just a bad decision to attack anyone else in your range.

You need the group bonus to level if you have nothing. You can't be alienating the few people playing willing to group with you.

Rust1d?
01-15-2016, 12:56 AM
None of these ideas matter nothing will happen or change.

Nobody is talking about this server. Looking for ideas and what people want for a new one that will be happening soon .

Kergan
01-15-2016, 03:39 AM
Read what I posted.

On live, there was more pvp on the team servers. I played on RZ and TZ. RZ was the most blue and the least populated.

Go watch people level up here and count the # of players that try attacking eachother (as opposed to the ones that hold hands or call truce while exping). You can't simplify this as "pool of pvp targets is bigger, so there must be more pvp" when it doesn't work that way. The majority of players are not willing to take on the consequences of pvp under the ruleset.

There is truth to that, and I've actually argued that point in the past. However, I think the knowledge that anyone can kill you at any time adds something. Plus, the PVP in general was more meaningful, even after item loot was disabled.

The issue we ran into on SZ was people just saying fuck all and rerolling, and becoming essentially immune. That and the Legends server but we don't need to worry about there here.

HippoNipple
01-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Read what I posted.

If item loot was in I believe more PvP would happen with teams. If there is no item loot I would rather have FFA. With FFA item loot almost everyone turns into an anti pk blubie and there will be very little PvP.

Teams gives people an excuse to attack on sight. FFA ganking someone with item loot will piss off a lot of people and your reputation as a PK will stick. There are enough bluebies on here to blackball anyone that is a threat to their PvE.

miraclegrow2
01-15-2016, 11:12 AM
and whos making / hosting this new server ?

it will have 12 people online anyways.

Malevz
01-15-2016, 01:08 PM
Nothing says "you want to play here!" like "we've just deleted everyone's chars".

Redi
01-15-2016, 01:08 PM
nobody actually wants a wipe thats why the servers that wipe every couple months have 1-2 people on them

HippoNipple
01-15-2016, 01:10 PM
Nothing says "you want to play here!" like "we've just deleted everyone's chars".

They have an extra server. No reason they can't use it for something other than discord once they are through with that or in place of discord. It would be nice to have a new server that recycled and fed into the this server every 2 years.

FAPhoenix
01-16-2016, 11:30 AM

iruinedyourday
01-16-2016, 04:01 PM

I think there are plenty of people that come to p99 for classic Eq. A wipe ensures p99 is classic Eq. As someone who has played here since 2011 I am sure you have had plenty of end game loot. So you should know just how worthless all that gear is, compared to the power of a fresh vanilla pvp server.

Sear
01-16-2016, 04:38 PM
If it's established from the start (e.g., Diablo) that there's a reset after a predetermined timeframe, it's fine. And for as much as some players claim to want to keep the same characters till the end of time, I don't think they actually do. After maxing out your 10th alt character with uncontested BIS gear, are you really wanting to keep at that instead of having fresh competition again?

Why else is there always a massive influx of players whenever a server launches? People like the idea of racing to the top on a level playing field with everyone else.

I don't think this box will ever do that, and I'm not even suggesting it. They've gone on record to state that R99 will never be wiped. It'd just be something to consider for future attempts at a pvp server.

dacBANe666
01-16-2016, 04:43 PM
The best way to introduce a wipe is to announce it as an April Fool's joke, but then actually go through with it. Very effective at establishing trust with your player base.

iruinedyourday
01-16-2016, 04:47 PM
If they just launched a server with a 1 year wipe and teams, it would be handily biggest pop of the 3 servers.

Ragnaros
01-16-2016, 04:49 PM
what he said

Nyrod
01-16-2016, 08:01 PM
I was gone for two years and I did not expect to see this server up let alone have all my toons and gear there as if not a day had passed. Would never have seen that shit on any other server I have played on (pvp server mind you). It always deteriorates. Always. Has there ever been a more stable emu pvp server? I started emu back in 2007ish and nothing, not a single fucking thing has changed. All save the stability of this server. The community always has its highs and lows and it has always ended up this way.

Top guild zergin it up (like they should, if they have the cohesion necessary to support it), being blue as fuck minus a small group that actually stays on post raiding to pvp.
Calls for wipes.
Calls for changes, pvp code, expansions blah blah.
Everyone crying like a little bitch except the ones actually having fun.
GMs and Devs disappearing.

What hasnt been tried on a reliable server is Teams or Discord (which will never fucking last). Guild v guild has been tried and it worked ok. All v all has now been done and it worked pretty good (im guessing I missed the last 2 years of red). No one has tried to hardcode the inability to group with others because of race/guild but I played on TZ and it didnt take long (Kunark) for guilds to just xteam.

You cant code character and personality boundaries into the client. People are people and they will play into any limits that are possible in EQ and 95% of players know this game inside and out.

I think a solution is a willingness of players to work together to contest the top guild and on the part of the top guild to not shit all over new people, especially when there isnt even a #2 guild. Personally I had a short stint as a top guild and we did what we could to stomp out the #2 guild which often shit on us but we actually helped everyone else to an extent.

Currently it feels like a freeding frenzy by top geared players to just say fuck you to people not even planar geared in range and just wreck them. All the while patting themselves on the back linking shit in ooc. I know I am one of few that doesnt give a shit but you cant expect this server to thrive when no one is left to fight against.

Ill do my part.

Nyrod
01-16-2016, 08:05 PM
Oh, and p99 blue is stable as fuck and very much what you could hope for on an emu, look at the population its similar to live. Red99 is just that, red headed step child and we only exist because blue does and we aint gettin shit unless blue does.

End of story.

Good luck (I mean it, I will play) to whoever makes another server as reliable and stable as blue/red.

AzzarTheGod
01-16-2016, 08:22 PM
I was gone for two years and I did not expect to see this server up let alone have all my toons and gear there as if not a day had passed. Would never have seen that shit on any other server I have played on (pvp server mind you). It always deteriorates. Always. Has there ever been a more stable emu pvp server? I started emu back in 2007ish and nothing, not a single fucking thing has changed. All save the stability of this server. The community always has its highs and lows and it has always ended up this way.

Top guild zergin it up (like they should, if they have the cohesion necessary to support it), being blue as fuck minus a small group that actually stays on post raiding to pvp.
Calls for wipes.
Calls for changes, pvp code, expansions blah blah.
Everyone crying like a little bitch except the ones actually having fun.
GMs and Devs disappearing.

What hasnt been tried on a reliable server is Teams or Discord (which will never fucking last). Guild v guild has been tried and it worked ok. All v all has now been done and it worked pretty good (im guessing I missed the last 2 years of red). No one has tried to hardcode the inability to group with others because of race/guild but I played on TZ and it didnt take long (Kunark) for guilds to just xteam.

You cant code character and personality boundaries into the client. People are people and they will play into any limits that are possible in EQ and 95% of players know this game inside and out.

I think a solution is a willingness of players to work together to contest the top guild and on the part of the top guild to not shit all over new people, especially when there isnt even a #2 guild. Personally I had a short stint as a top guild and we did what we could to stomp out the #2 guild which often shit on us but we actually helped everyone else to an extent.

Currently it feels like a freeding frenzy by top geared players to just say fuck you to people not even planar geared in range and just wreck them. All the while patting themselves on the back linking shit in ooc. I know I am one of few that doesnt give a shit but you cant expect this server to thrive when no one is left to fight against.

Ill do my part.

TLDR;

The solution is putting Luclin into development and acknowledging the possibility of a Luclin release some year down the line.

Nyrod
01-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Im at work and fucking bored. Luclin will never be.

iruinedyourday
01-16-2016, 08:24 PM
The solution is putting Luclin into development and acknowledging the possibility of a Luclin release some year down the line.

Nope it's what I said.

dontbanpls
01-16-2016, 09:13 PM
TLDR;

that isn't what he said and its very rude to be so crass and dismissive

AzzarTheGod
01-16-2016, 09:27 PM
that isn't what he said and its very rude to be so crass and dismissive

My apologies Saint Max.

I read his post, it was a good synopsis, but ultimately its all about Luclin.

iruinedyourday
01-16-2016, 09:58 PM
How could you think luclin would be a positive. You're just trolling at off topic levels.

Cecily
01-16-2016, 10:50 PM
I want a PvP server where I can file IRL criminal charges on my assaliants.

LostCause
01-16-2016, 10:58 PM
monsterquest on red99.

Kerwin
01-17-2016, 12:02 AM
who takes someone named azzarthegod serious anyway

AzzarTheGod
01-17-2016, 12:21 AM
I wish I could get prescribed the pills that everyone else gets but I'm dumb

I'd say more seriously than Gaffin.

Can we get a link to the video and a quick number crunch on how fast he was kicked from TMO?

tedsternator
01-18-2016, 12:06 AM
Itemloot, obviously

Thought this was a no brainer

AzzarTheGod
01-18-2016, 02:44 AM
Itemloot, obviously

Thought this was a no brainer

Item loot without a restart or wipe has far less of a chance at sustaining population than announcing a future Luclin beta test on red.

Put the red testbed Luclin idea aside for a moment, Its time to at least acknowledge it isn't a completely terrible idea to put it into development, even if years away. Because it can also be used on any other future P99 brand.

Just imagine in another few years, even the blue elites aka the donors, will be clamoring for Luclin.

Hell, if you explain to the raid guilds of blue how much more raid content will be available with Luclin and how many more raids will be possible per month, they will demand Luclin right now.