PDA

View Full Version : Starting Enchanter on Red

Gotze
01-12-2016, 11:38 AM
If anyone is interested I'll be starting up a level 1 enchanter on red , any class and races accepted and I have ports and buffs etc for this

Don't get mad

Can play both at the same time

Just offering hehe

Xoxoxoxoxo

Odann
01-12-2016, 12:14 PM
LMK if you need some gear. I have an Advisor Robe and some other stuff lying around.

Sk00ba5t3v3
01-12-2016, 12:46 PM
the PVE experience is so much better on red anyways. Cant believe more dont switch over really.

brecon
01-12-2016, 12:50 PM
I'd be interested if you're thinking about a static leveling group, be fun to go someplace that isn't MM and CoM.

Gotze
01-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Yeah thinking of a static leveling group almost

Lictor
01-12-2016, 05:17 PM
Please keep us informed if you make it past 51

Bionic
01-14-2016, 12:52 PM
He will be 51 in a 3 weeks with a decent group.

The good updates will come after he hits 56.

Mu ha ha ha...

OfftuneRZ
01-14-2016, 02:22 PM
3 weeks? More like 1 week with grouping. Now once you hit 56 things tend to slow down but you can always find those good spots that have low traffic.

bigT88
01-14-2016, 05:19 PM
id be willing to try red, with a static group of course.

Troxx
01-16-2016, 04:43 AM
the PVE experience is so much better on red anyways. Cant believe more dont switch over really.

Empty (dead) zones + ridiculously unclassic xp bonus + a horde of people waiting to grief kill you once you break into the higher levels = so much better PVE experience?

brecon
01-16-2016, 11:19 AM
It's a better PVE experience than fighting between MM Pond and GY over who gets canyon spawns, like on Blue...

Salaryman
01-16-2016, 01:39 PM
Dont go to popular zones

OfftuneRZ
01-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Empty (dead) zones + ridiculously unclassic xp bonus + a horde of people waiting to grief kill you once you break into the higher levels = so much better PVE experience?

Who the fuck wants to sit at a dragon spawn spaming attacks trying to get the first hit in. Are you serious? Why not fight another man to the death for a spawn instead of taking a number and waiting in line.

Troxx
01-16-2016, 02:34 PM
Who the fuck wants to sit at a dragon spawn spaming attacks trying to get the first hit in. Are you serious? Why not fight another man to the death for a spawn instead of taking a number and waiting in line.

You're confusing the end game raid scene with the other 99.9% of the game.

The end game raid scene on red is only better because there's one guild that runs the box ... which makes for a terrible pvp server.

Either way you look at it, it's fail.

OfftuneRZ
01-16-2016, 03:20 PM
So if camping dragons is .01% of your gameplay than what percentage is camping spawns or xp spots? The things you would have to wait in line for on blue rather than engaging in mortal combat with another human being.

Please stop fighting 16 year old artificial intellegence and fight some one less predictable and more of a challenge. Its ok to be afraid, just admit that you can not handle the thought of another player coming in and pushing your shit in.

barrettdc1
01-16-2016, 03:25 PM
Troxx is just bitter because he's impotent from all the vax the military pumped into him.

Troxx
01-16-2016, 03:28 PM
red99 is a toxic, underpopulated wasteland dominated by one guild.

Compared to live, in all regards except end game raiding ... blue99 is actually fairly underpopulated as well. The grouping scene is quite vibrant, and there's not really any waiting in line involved for regular content.

iruinedyourday
01-16-2016, 03:42 PM

The only diff between this description and blue is replace unclassic Xp with rediculously unclassic gear advantage that is tentamount to or even more unclassic than any Xp bonus.

red99 is a toxic, underpopulated wasteland dominated by one guild.

Compared to live, in all regards except end game raiding ... blue99 is actually fairly underpopulated as well. The grouping scene is quite vibrant, and there's not really any waiting in line involved for regular content.

www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Actually it's less toxic than blue, can confirm. Everyone on red plays other games /w each other and chats in aim and what's app. Two red99 guilds on nost wow server, just to continue to compete w/ each other because all that "toxic" stuff is just for lols. They're all pals there.

brecon
01-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Troxx sounds mad. Don't play on red, you wouldn't last.

Let's get this static group going!

unleashedd
01-16-2016, 04:20 PM
The end game raid scene on red is only better because there's one guild that runs the box ...

which makes for awesome pve, no? on the flip side, the population is low, so don't expect easy grouping

eddyystop
01-16-2016, 06:08 PM
on the flip side, the population is low, so don't expect easy grouping

I've quickly found groups going the popular CB, Unrest, MM, CoM route. No problem at all.

azeth
01-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Why not fight another man to the death for a spawn...

Its ok to be afraid, just admit that you can not handle the thought of another player coming in and pushing your shit in.

oh my god

iruinedyourday
01-16-2016, 06:31 PM
Oh my god

OfftuneRZ
01-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Join red today

barrettdc1
01-16-2016, 09:15 PM
Red is for real men with hair on their chest.

All jokes aside, I started playing a month ago and have been having a blast. Have had no problems getting groups, and what mr mad troxx claims as toxic is playful ribbing that goes along with any type of pvp.

unleashedd
01-17-2016, 07:19 AM
I've quickly found groups going the popular CB, Unrest, MM, CoM route. No problem at all.

no doubt, but those are the spots where low-lvl pvp happens most often (read: bored twinks ruining your fun)

i've gone the static duo route with my brother (enc+dru) and we haven't encountered any pvp (also almost 0 other players) all the way to 50. past 50, the game seems to turn around 180degrees and pvp everywhere

ManuelThePopStar
01-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Gotta love those deleveled, BIS, NTOV-geared twinks running round in mistmoore and unrest.

Red99 is NOT AT ALL an accurate representation of what classic EQ PVP was. On Tallon Zek, for example, you had two tier 1 guilds always neck and neck and then literally 5 or 6 tier 2 guilds always battling it out.

Have fun hitting level 56 on Red99 and getting killed by groups of lvl 60 BIS Velious rogues monks and warriors while you're wearing patchwork and bronze armors.

iruinedyourday
01-17-2016, 02:44 PM
Gotta love those deleveled, BIS, NTOV-geared twinks running round in mistmoore and unrest.

Red99 is NOT AT ALL an accurate representation of what classic EQ PVP was. On Tallon Zek, for example, you had two tier 1 guilds always neck and neck and then literally 5 or 6 tier 2 guilds always battling it out.

Have fun hitting level 56 on Red99 and getting killed by groups of lvl 60 BIS Velious rogues monks and warriors while you're wearing patchwork and bronze armors.

There's nothing classic about any of p99 right now. We need a wipe server. Hopefully teams so both red and blue can enjoy.

This pixel lust has rotted everyone's brains. It's time we just played classic Eq in rawhide like we were meant to.

Captun
01-17-2016, 10:32 PM
The only diff between this description and blue is replace unclassic Xp with rediculously unclassic gear advantage that is tentamount to or even more unclassic than any Xp bonus.

I think once people established mains on live, alts were geared rather easily. I recall people running around with twinked out guys in the old days of Kunark/Velious. I couldn't count how many warriors I've seen with Wurmslayer or rogues with their epic around level 10-20.

iruinedyourday
01-17-2016, 10:43 PM
I think once people established mains on live, alts were geared rather easily. I recall people running around with twinked out guys in the old days of Kunark/Velious. I couldn't count how many warriors I've seen with Wurmslayer or rogues with their epic around level 10-20.

the diff is on live established mains had an expansion every year, here there is an infinite window to BIS any class you want.

Thats fun and all but it gets old. I miss fighting over tads in the swamp. Cant wait 2 get dat re99 server.

Captun
01-17-2016, 10:49 PM
the diff is on live established mains had an expansion every year, here there is an infinite window to BIS any class you want.

Thats fun and all but it gets old. I miss fighting over tads in the swamp. Cant wait 2 get dat re99 server.

Sure, but it still happened.

iruinedyourday
01-17-2016, 10:57 PM
Sure, but it still happened.

yea but do you see how im saying 1 year is not equal to 6+ years, therefor making it unclassic as fack.

Captun
01-17-2016, 11:09 PM
yea but do you see how im saying 1 year is not equal to 6+ years, therefor making it unclassic as fack.

I went to public schools, I don't know how to math. Sorry.

Nancomplete
01-18-2016, 01:58 PM

Why is this the case? I just started checking the forums and was planning to start a character on this server. Should I reconsider?

Pope Hat
01-18-2016, 03:40 PM
It took less than 1 page for this guys post on finding fun exp on red to turn into people bashing each server and 100% detailing the thread. Bravo.

Troxx
01-18-2016, 03:46 PM
: puts on his swish hat

Red is gr8!

Try red today!

iruinedyourday
01-18-2016, 03:50 PM
It took less than 1 page for this guys post on finding fun exp on red to turn into people bashing each server and 100% detailing the thread. Bravo.

to be fair i was never bashing, but the guy i was having a discussion with about server pop and no wipes causing unclassic twinkage that is tantamount to an xp bonus resulted in him geting very upset :(

but I know the feel.. before you have like 3 BIS characters you're like, fuck i want them so bad! after tou get them though you are like, why do I have this? I dont do any of the things I was planning on doing with him, like frolicking around the karanas RP'ing..

All I'm saying is red is gr8 and you should try it today, or god dammnit please make Re99 and make it teams plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh yea and xp bonus cus the game is better w/ one.

Gotze
01-18-2016, 03:53 PM
I actually have decent amounts of toons on red, I just simply figured id level up an enchanter and get a few people over to red to try it out, with the buffs / ports etc we could get through the 1-25's pretty easily.

Im still down to do this for anyone interested, but ill be starting it tomorrow , send me a PM ! I plan to make this a static group.

Once this static group is done ill keep on making more alts and different class makeups.

iruinedyourday
01-18-2016, 03:58 PM
I actually have decent amounts of toons on red, I just simply figured id level up an enchanter and get a few people over to red to try it out, with the buffs / ports etc we could get through the 1-25's pretty easily.

Im still down to do this for anyone interested, but ill be starting it tomorrow , send me a PM ! I plan to make this a static group.

Once this static group is done ill keep on making more alts and different class makeups.

FYI if you like vanilla EQ you will have a blaaaast if you join up with this guy and start fresh!

DevGrousis
01-18-2016, 08:05 PM
I've been away for some time. My mains are all on Blue.

I've been wanting to try Red. This might be a good reason to start goin. What's the progress on the idea of a static group? I can play most anything. Rather not play Cleric :P zero EQPVP experience, but 9+ years EQ experience.

Let me know

iruinedyourday
01-18-2016, 09:14 PM
If you want to start red and want to not just get raped as a newbie who is bad at pvp I sugest any of these classes:

Rogue
Druid
Monk
Wizard
Enc

Those are really the only classes that if you're wearing trash and someone starts talking shit you can as a newbie actually attempt to fuck with them.

You gotta think smart in eq pvp.. its not so much about the mechanics, its about the meta game. And the screenshotting of rage tells

When to engage someone, when not to, where people 'might' be bound, if they gate... when someone will log back in from a plug... you have to get good at all that shit.

Monk is fun, cus lets say youre xping at the castle ent in MM and some super twink rogue comes to fuck up your group.. .you just run inside the castle and FD and the rogue will try to shoot arrows at you but if you get in far enough you'll be safe... A great moment to send cringe tells at how bad the rogue is at pvp.

...or since GMs are like way to bussy to care about the wild west that is red99 just train the whole fucking castle on the twink and screenshot his tells to post on the forums.

Pope Hat
01-19-2016, 01:55 PM
...or since GMs are like way to bussy to care about the wild west that is red99 just train the whole fucking castle on the twink and screenshot his tells to post on the forums.

Lol. Approved.