PDA

View Full Version : Returning to P99, patch V40 files not working. (crash after selecting server)

ChuzzleeHUN
01-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Hello,
I've been playing for a while in July-August, but didn't get into the game that much (important: the game worked fine back then!). Time passed, I tried out newer MMOs, older MMOs, etc. Like a week ago, i decided to play on the server again, so I downloaded Titanium, installed it, replaced the files (deleted the arena.eqg, etc.). I started the game, logged in, and after i selected the server, the game just crashed. I don't know why, the V39 files worked.
I have no antivirus installed, im using XP (if that's the problem, i'll upgrade to 7 :D ), a well-aged computer (Asus a7n8x-x, AMD sempron 2200+, ATI radeon 9550/x1050 128mb, 2GB DDR400 RAM), but like i said, i played on the server with this comp.
I figured that out, i can play on any server except P99 (blue and red both), and if i don't change the dsetup.dll, i can get into the server, but i get the error message to update my spell files.
I don't know if it affects this, but in September I installed the retail, F2P version of EQ, but uninstalled it later.

I hope that you guys can help, thanks for all answers!
Best regards, Chuzzlee.

Ele
01-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Did you install EQ Titanium to the default installation path? If you installed EQ Live to the same folder it probably has a bunch of conflicting files.

Try a fresh install of Titanium and patch it. Install it to something like C:\EQP99 or whatever drive or folder name you want. You can then easily move the install by copying the folder or save it to a flash drive for portability to other PCs.

ChuzzleeHUN
01-11-2016, 03:45 PM
I think i found the problem, but i couldn't solve it.
The Everquest folder is in read-only mode, but i can't change it. Whenever I change it, and press OK, it becomes read-only again.
I tried taking ownership, but didn't work. Any ideas?

E: I found out that every single file on my computer is in read-only mode, and i can't change it. Probably a virus.

ChuzzleeHUN
01-11-2016, 04:29 PM
I don't know, the read-only stuff is really weird (it's not a check, just the sqaure filled), and it is actually not read-only.
I tried the reinstall stuff, didn't help.
Probably i'm just screwed.