PDA

View Full Version : What's new?

Sweetbaby Jesus
01-09-2016, 01:28 PM
So I took a break after realizing the server wasn't able to handle the epic zerg battles when all the guilds got together to fight empire. What are things like now? I assume empire is still pretty large based off a few posts I've read, is anyone contesting, server any fun these days. Thinking about coming back to play in the snow a bit.

krazyGlue
01-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Stay away

Sweetbaby Jesus
01-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Care to explain?

Colgate
01-09-2016, 01:52 PM
empire kills vulak and the avatar of war weekly

i think friends killed vindi once or something

quido
01-09-2016, 02:00 PM
You know they remedied that crash/desync issue in KC like immediately.

Sweetbaby Jesus
01-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Are you serious jeremy? That sucks lol I was so bummed about that desync that I just never even bothered logging back in. Well what's the raid scene like now? Is there even the slightest bit of competition?

Beastagoog
01-09-2016, 04:54 PM
If u log in at 4am u can join friends for golem kills. They genrally have 30-40 on for them.

Other then that they 2 afraid 2 contest because they might get yt'd.

Drakaris
01-09-2016, 05:28 PM
If u log in at 4am u can join friends for golem kills. They genrally have 30-40 on for them.

Other then that they 2 afraid 2 contest because they might get yt'd.

Empire fields numbers of 60-100 at every raid.

On velious opening they had around 120 players and griefed the fuck out of TMO.

Good guys collapsed when gyno petition quested to get vapos toons banned at the demand of aim chat (they weren't jacked, gyno legit gave them back to get Vapo playing again).

Lite stepped up and did dog shit that killed what was left of the guild (selling loot rights to rage fire leggings to salaryman for plat when other players at the raid needed it).

A portion of good guys went to TMO and empire griefed the fuck out of them for giving people a chance. Empire legit had 2-6 characters bound or camped near every exp spot and constantly killed or trained sub 60 players. They even had ppl killing exp groups at bear caves round the clock.

At the end of it some guilds rose and fell (pandemonium and TMO both rose in the raiding scene and died off).

The server is basically left with thunderdome, casual scum, friends and empire (their core slowly quit and were replaced with TMO and pandemonium core members as croots).

Is the server worth playing? Imo there is no contesting so if you just want to farm pixels it's great.

Redi
01-09-2016, 05:42 PM
drakar plz stop spam

Colgate
01-09-2016, 05:49 PM
did not read that novella

put it on your livejournal dude

Xaanka
01-09-2016, 05:50 PM

Good guys collapsed when gyno petition quested to get vapos toons banned at the demand of aim chat (they weren't jacked, gyno legit gave them back to get Vapo playing again).

Lite stepped up and did dog shit that killed what was left of the guild (selling loot rights to rage fire leggings to salaryman for plat when other players at the raid needed it).

A portion of good guys went to TMO and empire griefed the fuck out of them for giving people a chance. Empire legit had 2-6 characters bound or camped near every exp spot and constantly killed or trained sub 60 players. They even had ppl killing exp groups at bear caves round the clock.

At the end of it some guilds rose and fell (pandemonium and TMO both rose in the raiding scene and died off).

The server is basically left with thunderdome, casual scum, friends and empire (their core slowly quit and were replaced with TMO and pandemonium core members as croots).

Is the server worth playing? Imo there is no contesting so if you just want to farm pixels it's great.

decently accurate but you forgot the part where Friends spent months trying to grief TMO off the server after Pandemonium refused to merge/ally with them and instead joined TMO
i mean come on you guys were parking deleveled epic mages at tmo raids and spying on our teamspeak to know when to log in and kill nakeds. then going into full meltdown mode and petition griefing all the tmo core players who brought their own level 50 alts to poof/fear the pet. this was your guild leader vaporize doing this btw.
another good one was when friends started putting ghost accounts in the tmo teamspeak using the usernames of offline tmo members (including myself) in order to relay our teamspeak live onto their server when our officers weren't around. to grief hate raids mostly consisting of sub-60's.

basically what i'm saying, is empire isn't the reason there isn't any competition on this server. if you legit believe empire griefed tmo off the server you've been drinking too much of the kool aid.

Izmael
01-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Empire has never been any reason there isn't competition on the server. There HAS to be a top guild, at this time it happens to be Empire. If it wasn't Empire it would be another guild.

Whoever blames Empire for griefing people off the server is just a sore loser and probably doesn't play here anyway.

Whoever can get "griefed off the server" doesn't belong here in the first place.

Xaanka
01-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Whoever can get "griefed off the server" doesn't belong here in the first place.

Mus3t11
01-09-2016, 07:03 PM
<Friends> did some damage to TMO moral, but that's only because Empire starved the server of any quality pvp.

Salaryman
01-09-2016, 07:24 PM

A glorious loot.

dontbanpls
01-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Nah good guys did that. The server was probably at it's highest point in it's history, and people decided to throw that all away over the incessant nagging of lite and jibeken. that plan back fired and cost the server half of it's population. No one is trying to recruit anymore. I haven't seen any threads go up on the reddit since I stopped posting there. The cross server recruitment thread that was on blue server chat has vanished. The server just needs better leaders. If the people in CS/Thunderdome would work together and exclude friends, then suddenly you would have 3 legitimate forces on the server and people could have fun, and show the rest of the community that you don't have to be in empire to enjoy yourself. That ain't happening, and you can see the result is a plummet in the population.

iiNGloriouS
01-09-2016, 07:41 PM
You guys take this game too seriously.

Drakaris
01-09-2016, 09:02 PM
decently accurate but you forgot the part where Friends spent months trying to grief TMO off the server after Pandemonium refused to merge/ally with them and instead joined TMO
i mean come on you guys were parking deleveled epic mages at tmo raids and spying on our teamspeak to know when to log in and kill nakeds. then going into full meltdown mode and petition griefing all the tmo core players who brought their own level 50 alts to poof/fear the pet. this was your guild leader vaporize doing this btw.
another good one was when friends started putting ghost accounts in the tmo teamspeak using the usernames of offline tmo members (including myself) in order to relay our teamspeak live onto their server when our officers weren't around. to grief hate raids mostly consisting of sub-60's.

basically what i'm saying, is empire isn't the reason there isn't any competition on this server. if you legit believe empire griefed tmo off the server you've been drinking too much of the kool aid.

That's news to me, considering Ruban and the danes helped pandemonium more than anyone else on this box.

Then again I cbf playing here until there is mass pvp again. Pvp in its current form is shit, since there is no targets worthwhile pvping for and ppl just plug/log.

I miss the vs, vp and trak pvp, because it is clear enough empire don't want pvp over ntov and cull guilds before it hits that point.

Xaanka
01-09-2016, 09:35 PM
That's news to me, considering Ruban and the danes helped pandemonium more than anyone else on this box.

Then again I cbf playing here until there is mass pvp again. Pvp in its current form is shit, since there is no targets worthwhile pvping for and ppl just plug/log.

I miss the vs, vp and trak pvp, because it is clear enough empire don't want pvp over ntov and cull guilds before it hits that point.

everything in that post actually happened, soo.... still wondering why i joined empire?

yep pvp on this server is trash as long as the leaderboard remains & nobody attempts to contest.

Tradesonred
01-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Empire has never been any reason there isn't competition on the server. There HAS to be a top guild, at this time it happens to be Empire. If it wasn't Empire it would be another guild.

Whoever blames Empire for griefing people off the server is just a sore loser and probably doesn't play here anyway.

"Join Date: Jul 2015"

Tell us more about your in-depth knowledge of server history and not griefing Ex-Holocausts

iiNGloriouS
01-09-2016, 11:35 PM

Tell us more about your in-depth knowledge of server history and not griefing Ex-Holocausts

Rofl

Tassador
01-10-2016, 12:27 AM

guy lost in eq, always so mad about how free eq is played.

heartbrand
01-10-2016, 12:28 AM
I've said it before I'll say it again. The problem has always been the same group of people, who are now in friends, who would rather pvp and grief off the upcoming guilds rather than contest. They have been the number one recruiter for Nihilum, and now Empire, since 2012.

Tradesonred
01-10-2016, 12:41 AM
I've said it before I'll say it again. The problem has always been the same group of people, who are now in friends, who would rather pvp and grief off the upcoming guilds rather than contest. They have been the number one recruiter for Nihilum, and now Empire, since 2012.

It was mainly Lite no? Who probably had coke fueled delusions about a secret pact between Nihilum and Red Dawn to crush Azrael before it was too late.

Maybe his wow posts are just a clever cover for his coke fueled comeback/takeover of the server

Jeni
01-10-2016, 12:43 AM

Can you blame people not not wanting to play this game like a full time job?

Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.

heartbrand
01-10-2016, 01:02 AM
Holy fuck is this guy still talking about sim repops as dozens of top tier raid targets are up on a weekly basis?

P.s you were the co-leader of red dawn so dunno what that says about you ;)

iiNGloriouS
01-10-2016, 01:29 AM
I will agree with Lite that the "I dont give a fuck" mentality of the gms and owners dont help.

We know your volunteers. We appreciate this box. We just ask when you make a big announcement you follow through.

Kerwin
01-10-2016, 01:37 AM
Stay away

Kergan
01-10-2016, 01:39 AM
I was all ready to call Lite full of shit but then he went with bold text and I'm like HOLY SHIT HES RIGHT.

Barladore
01-10-2016, 01:53 AM
So chun, does this thread make you want to come back and play or WHAT?!

Tradesonred
01-10-2016, 02:27 AM

Redi
01-10-2016, 02:58 AM
Nothing to do with 3 years of Static spawns.

RD, worst pvp guild to this day, and even they were relevant during sim pops. A spawn system was put in place, and for that month the server saw more PVP than it did prior to and up to this day. Large scale pvp took place in zones in which it never had before, and hasn't since.

Teams,discord,sim pops. Rogean killed r99 with his 0 fucks given mentality about following through. It's a free server and I am thankful for the experience, but the players were always kept in the dark. Any updates on teams 99? Discord deadline gone passed, any updates?

If I get banned for speaking truth, so be it. I'd like to see a staff member explain how sim pops wasn't a bunch of shit. It took ages to finally get a spawn system in place, and a month to forget about it.

Sirken told me many times that he understood spawns were the problems, and tried time and time again to get Rogean to trigger pops, to no avail. That's not a staff problem?

A system that can only be triggered by the person least concerned about the box. You'd think Rogean's Holocaust 1.0 ban would have been a lesson. An action Sirken has denounced time and time again.

This server could have entered Velious with multiple competing guilds and 500+ pop. By the time it hit, the cancer(staff negligence) was too severe.

http://sugarscape.cdnds.net/15/34/1439992568-cringing-gif.gif

ducktv
01-10-2016, 05:06 AM

Chun if you have a Brian, you won't come back and play here. it's trbl.

Izmael
01-11-2016, 07:57 AM

You don't need an in-depth knowledge of server history to assess or comment on its current state.

Samsung
01-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Chun if you have a Brian, you won't come back and play here. it's trbl.

Ya looks what's its done to Reebz. Yikes!

Uuruk
01-11-2016, 01:41 PM
anyone have some adderall? I have fungi

Tradesonred
01-11-2016, 01:47 PM
I dont think new fishes in red dawn gave a shit about sim repops and alot of them probably only had a faint idea of the implications.

What those newbs in rags did give a shit about though, is Lite and his crew corpse camping them for hours because of some coke fueled paranoia about them being in cahoots with Nihilum to bring down Che Cokara's guerilla operations

That with Sirken's "Gotta nerf xp, population going down is a telltale sign that were doing the right thing" was a great 1-2 population sucker punch

Sweetbaby Jesus
01-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Lol, sounds like not much has changed. I do miss it tho. As far as the debate on why the server pop is where it is lite isn't totally wrong about the staff, they could have done a few things different for sure, but I always felt that one of the biggest problems was our community, we have always had too many people that wanna run new up and comers thru a gauntlet that not many sane people can make it thru and then we also go out of our way to win that we will do whatever we can to beat the competition even if it results in bans, the petition questing was always my least favorite part

Brawley17
01-11-2016, 02:22 PM
I've been having more fun playing EQ with casual scum now than I ever did playing live or blue.

Sweetbaby Jesus
01-11-2016, 02:25 PM
I've been having more fun playing EQ with casual scum now than I ever did playing live or blue.
I wouldn't doubt it, making the switch to red was the best thing I had done on p99 as well, just sucks tho cause R99 could have been so much better

Ragnaros
01-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Chun join Casual Scum or Friends

miraclegrow2
01-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Server could be awesome but its exactly how the majority of the players want it.

in a few months when most of the zerg burns out on raiding and their pop starts to dwindle the resistance could rise.

Ruinous
01-11-2016, 03:43 PM
The tomato has spoken!

But seriously, he's right. The server IS EXACTLY what the players have made it. You guys can keep blaming Empire, but two things:

If the guild you're in was on top rather than Empire, it'd be because you won the zerg contest. If you claim you'd stop recruiting players when you reached a certain point, you're a damn liar or a terribly inept leader. A guild DIES on a server this small when it closes recruitment because player attrition is too high and the recruitment pool is too small.

Secondly, Empire may be recruiting all of the players, but they wouldn't have anyone to recruit if those players weren't willingly choosing the easy route. Face it, we are not teenagers / young adults in the year 2000 any more. The population here is very niche, and it's filled with aging gamers that have responsibilities now. I know this more than most. I was one of the biggest neck beards on Fennin Ro back in the day, now I can barely log in and resort to begging for fungis on the forums. :(

There was a chance for a better server while Fresh was still around. Leaving to join the likes of Jib and Lite was a TERRIBLE call. Max may be a little psycho, but he's absolutely right.

The second chance was with TMO coming over from blue. Hell, had we allied with CS we would have been fielding comparable raid sizes to Empire. TMO had an abundance of talented raiders that have been doing this content since some of you were in diapers, while CS had the PVP experience from being here longer. It could have been a magical union.

heartbrand
01-11-2016, 03:46 PM
people want to blame Empire but there's no other guild that recruits / advertises based on a set raid schedule that accomplishes pve goals. you're not even giving other people an option.

Xaanka
01-11-2016, 03:55 PM
people want to blame Empire but there's no other guild that recruits / advertises based on a set raid schedule that accomplishes pve goals. you're not even giving other people an option.

i've said it once and i'll say it again, everyone but empire is trying to run a warcraft guild in everquest

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/19474446/5/stock-photo-19474446-holding-a-wooden-block.jpg

dis_mornin
01-11-2016, 04:00 PM
i've said it once and i'll say it again, everyone but empire is trying to run a warcraft guild in everquest

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/19474446/5/stock-photo-19474446-holding-a-wooden-block.jpg

Just because empire has the opportunity to raid on a set Warcraft style schedule doesn't mean Empires style is the figurative block trying to fit into the red99 circle.

Current state of the server was decided months ago in kunark when velious was announced and Empire recruited to field a Velious size raid force. No other guild thought ahead to what they would need to kill mobs in velious and didn't position themselves for success. Empire did. Everyone else sat back and cried about the zerg. Hard to call empire a zerg when yea its 90 people but those 90 people can barely kill AoW..

Xaanka
01-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Current state of the server was decided months ago in kunark when velious was announced and Empire recruited to field a Velious size raid force. No other guild thought ahead to what they would need to kill mobs in velious and didn't position themselves for success. Empire did. Everyone else sat back and cried about the zerg. Hard to call empire a zerg when yea its 90 people but those 90 people can barely kill AoW..

that's pretty much what i'm sayin tho. it doesn't take a genius to know that the metagame for velious endgame is numbers, i'm saying that and i'm one of the biggest idiots on the server. empire recognized this and quickly solidified their position at #1 while the rest of the server tried to take their 25 man warcraft guilds into velious and failed miserably.

just look at the state of the server. biggest mob the #2 guild's gotten in velious is golems, which are questionably even considered raid mobs (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2161294#post2161294).

iiNGloriouS
01-11-2016, 04:14 PM

Spoken by the 2nd chair flautist of CS.

He plays a mean haste song.

Seltius
01-11-2016, 04:16 PM
The tomato has spoken!

But seriously, he's right. The server IS EXACTLY what the players have made it. You guys can keep blaming Empire, but two things:

If the guild you're in was on top rather than Empire, it'd be because you won the zerg contest. If you claim you'd stop recruiting players when you reached a certain point, you're a damn liar or a terribly inept leader. A guild DIES on a server this small when it closes recruitment because player attrition is too high and the recruitment pool is too small.

Secondly, Empire may be recruiting all of the players, but they wouldn't have anyone to recruit if those players weren't willingly choosing the easy route. Face it, we are not teenagers / young adults in the year 2000 any more. The population here is very niche, and it's filled with aging gamers that have responsibilities now. I know this more than most. I was one of the biggest neck beards on Fennin Ro back in the day, now I can barely log in and resort to begging for fungis on the forums. :(

There was a chance for a better server while Fresh was still around. Leaving to join the likes of Jib and Lite was a TERRIBLE call. Max may be a little psycho, but he's absolutely right.

The second chance was with TMO coming over from blue. Hell, had we allied with CS we would have been fielding comparable raid sizes to Empire. TMO had an abundance of talented raiders that have been doing this content since some of you were in diapers, while CS had the PVP experience from being here longer. It could have been a magical union.

Hyarth definitely had a pretty respectable beard(figuratively in game not sure about irl) back in the day. He is right the server is what you make it. If you aren't having fun then you have no one to blame but yourself. Maybe try another game if R99 no longer has anything to offer by way of fun for you.

Barladore
01-11-2016, 07:18 PM

The people that blame empire for the state of the server are about as retarded as those who complain about no one contesting.

TacoSmasher
01-11-2016, 07:28 PM
dude you hotmic'd a masturbation session on your guilds teamspeak. shut up

Barladore
01-11-2016, 07:32 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1197.gif

WTSeller
01-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Nothing to do with 3 years of Static spawns.

RD, worst pvp guild to this day, and even they were relevant during sim pops. A spawn system was put in place, and for that month the server saw more PVP than it did prior to and up to this day. Large scale pvp took place in zones in which it never had before, and hasn't since.

Teams,discord,sim pops. Rogean killed r99 with his 0 fucks given mentality about following through. It's a free server and I am thankful for the experience, but the players were always kept in the dark. Any updates on teams 99? Discord deadline gone passed, any updates?

If I get banned for speaking truth, so be it. I'd like to see a staff member explain how sim pops wasn't a bunch of shit. It took ages to finally get a spawn system in place, and a month to forget about it.

Sirken told me many times that he understood spawns were the problems, and tried time and time again to get Rogean to trigger pops, to no avail. That's not a staff problem?

A system that can only be triggered by the person least concerned about the box. You'd think Rogean's Holocaust 1.0 ban would have been a lesson. An action Sirken has denounced time and time again.

This server could have entered Velious with multiple competing guilds and 500+ pop. By the time it hit, the cancer(staff negligence) was too severe.

Pretty much this.

Beastagoog
01-11-2016, 07:57 PM

Lol good chortled at this one. The one time someone wasnt running a voice recorder someone throws a wet one in their hand.

Would have loved to have listened to someone wank emselves over TS. Total normal thing to admit to too.

Tassador
01-11-2016, 08:00 PM

You reading what ruinous and tomato are typing? Bitter losers of Everquest looking for starwars players.

Samsung
01-11-2016, 09:08 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1197.gif

Lmao

Tradesonred
01-12-2016, 04:09 AM

http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/dtdecl.gif