PDA

View Full Version : Velious factions

eddyystop
01-08-2016, 01:42 PM
I stopped playing EQ-live during Kunark and its time here for me to head to Velious.

1. What factions are most useful for vendoring/banking and for dungeon crawls?
2. What factions are most useful for raiding guilds?
3. Are there dungeons where you can get into pick-up groups?

Thanks.

boromn
01-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Velius factions vary depending on what your guild happens to be progressing on. They kind of go into 3 catagories though from what I can remember. Dwarf, Giant, and scale. The dwarf faction is for Thurgadin which is the only real city other than Skyshrine in Velius. Most of the raids in Velius boost your faction with one group while destroying it with the other.

So for instance, if your guild is in halls of testing in ToV, you want your scale faction to be maxed. This ruins your giant faction in Kael making it so you can't do that armor quest. If you are in West ToV, you will destroy your Scale faction, and do turn ins in Kael I believe? (I never did this armor set so I'm not totally sure).

Then there is a set of armor and a raid mob inside the keep of Thurgadin that will ruin your dwarf faction. Not really a huge deal unless you want to use gate potions or need a place to vendor.

So unless you plan on raiding, I don't recall faction being a huge deal...but I could be remembering things wrong.

Foxplay
01-08-2016, 03:10 PM
The most generic route to go for every player is the following

Coldain = Ally
Kael = KOS
Claws of Veeshan = Ally

The way this is done by killing Giants in Kael or Wakening lands, the reason its the most comman route is because it gives you 2 valid options for Armor progression

For 1 group stuff or non raid guilds you can kill Giants in the Arena in Kael and get Thurgadin Armor

While at the same time this sets you up with ally Claws of Veeshan Faction so that later if you get into some Halls of Testing you can get Armor for that

The only other reason option is if your guild is specifically Giant faction and Farms ToVWest , in which case you will end up being

Coldain = Ally / KOS (depending on where you get your faction hits from)
Kael = Ally
Claws of Veeshan = KOS

The Third option is to Join a raid guild that kills everything in which you will eventually be......

Coldain = KOS
Kael = KOS
Claws of Veeshan = KOS

And will only Fix your faction if you get one of the following Items to do a turn in for loot

Head of Dain Frostreaver
Head of King Tormax
Head of Yelinak

eddyystop
01-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Thanks @Foxplay and @boromn

Troxx
01-09-2016, 03:19 PM
Not being kos to the dragons makes getting around velious a lot less dangerous. There is no real advantage to having faction with the giants unless you're in a guild capable of slaughtering WToV for armor.

The armor generally available to non-hardcore raiders comes out of kael and is created in thurgadin.

So yes, the standard route is killing giants to simultaneously raise coldain and claws of veeshan faction.

Colgate
01-09-2016, 06:45 PM
kael armor also drops at the entrance of ToV, as well as north wing

Empire on red99 clears basically all of the velious content weekly

most of our debuffers, dps classes, and warriors end up ally to giants and kos to dragons

most of our healers, magicians, and buffers end up ally to dragons and kos to giants

classes with access to feign death can do whatever they want but almost all of them choose to be ally to dragons

not many people are actually kos to everything in a guild that kills everything

Xaanka
01-09-2016, 06:57 PM
i'm max KOS to everything in empire, but one of the benefits to being in a raiding guild is that I can probably hit ally in a day or two for quests and turn-ins if i need to be.
could probably keep one of the factions at ally if i suicided enrages or camped on the right mobs, but i'm a rogue so who cares about faction.

Maner
01-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Velius factions vary depending on what your guild happens to be progressing on. They kind of go into 3 catagories though from what I can remember. Dwarf, Giant, and scale. The dwarf faction is for Thurgadin which is the only real city other than Skyshrine in Velius. Most of the raids in Velius boost your faction with one group while destroying it with the other.

So for instance, if your guild is in halls of testing in ToV, you want your scale faction to be maxed. This ruins your giant faction in Kael making it so you can't do that armor quest. If you are in West ToV, you will destroy your Scale faction, and do turn ins in Kael I believe? (I never did this armor set so I'm not totally sure).

Then there is a set of armor and a raid mob inside the keep of Thurgadin that will ruin your dwarf faction. Not really a huge deal unless you want to use gate potions or need a place to vendor.

So unless you plan on raiding, I don't recall faction being a huge deal...but I could be remembering things wrong.

Its been out for 15 years and you still don't know what you're talking about....

3 cities in velious, skyshrine which is dragon faction, Kael which is giant faction, and Thurg which is dwarf faction.

Quest armor pieces for Giant and Dragon factions drop in Wtov and Etov respectively and the dwarf quest armor is dropped from giants inside of kael

ArumTP
01-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Dwarves for gate potions, shawls, ring wars, and fully functional city. Armor is easier to get in terms of raid dynamics and faction requirements, drops of mobs around arena and around tormax.

Kael for tormax gloves, dain belt, and warriors like their armor. The armor drops in wtov and tnov.

SS for yelinak boots, circlet of falakin, and armor for everyone else. Their armor drops in etov.

Best dynamic is to kill giants till ally with dragons, then kill dwarfs/dain till ally with giants. Loss of a functioning city but best for moving around.

Xaanka
01-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Dwarves for gate potions, shawls, ring wars, and fully functional city. Armor is easier to get in terms of raid dynamics and faction requirements, drops of mobs around arena and around tormax.

Kael for tormax gloves, dain belt, and warriors like their armor. The armor drops in wtov and tnov.

SS for yelinak boots, circlet of falakin, and armor for everyone else. Their armor drops in etov.

Best dynamic is to kill giants till ally with dragons, then kill dwarfs/dain till ally with giants. Loss of a functioning city but best for moving around.

good rundown, you missed a few big ones tho like scout quest for SS faction

Landael
01-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Kael does have some cool caster quests too if you can be bothered with the factioning :)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Tiny_Savages

Ele
01-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Kael does have some cool caster quests too if you can be bothered with the factioning :)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Tiny_Savages

Can just kill the quest giver though if you are going cov/coldain or buy them for cheap in EC.

Morlaeth
01-12-2016, 04:49 PM
I'm a dwarf. I kill fake snow dwarves.

Brawley17
01-12-2016, 04:54 PM
What does my thurgadin faction need to be in order to successfully complete a armor turn in quest?