PDA

View Full Version : Are golems in fear raid mobs now?

Pan
01-08-2016, 12:55 PM
I ask because this affects where you camp your force and whether you can put them in a kite.

If they are raid mobs, you shouldn't be camping inside Fear if you're going for them. Nor should they be in a kite.

If they are not, I suppose you'd treat them like Wraith.

You'd argue that they are because:
1. They now have variance
2. They drop old CT loot

You'd argue that they are not because:
1. They weren't previously and there's been no mention of a change
2. There's no FTE message

Thoughts? I'm really interested in a pronouncement from on high, but I'm also interested in what you all think. If I had to make the call, I'd say absent FTE message = not a raid mob.

Ella`Ella
01-08-2016, 03:20 PM
You'd argue that they are not because:
1. They weren't previously and there's been no mention of a change
2. There's no FTE message

I'd say absent FTE message = not a raid mob.

Detoxx
01-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Forsaken has been treating them as raid mobs, and from what Ive seen, so does BDA and Taken. I'm fine with either way though.

bktroost
01-09-2016, 09:05 PM
We've seen guilds camping out in zone, sitting near spawn with force like its a camp and kiting them until their force is in zone. It's just inconsistent. Voice from on high would be great.

arsenalpow
01-09-2016, 09:53 PM
We've seen guilds camping out in zone, sitting near spawn with force like its a camp and kiting them until their force is in zone. It's just inconsistent. Voice from on high would be great.

The only guilds that have been killing golems have been BDA, Taken, and occasionally Forsaken. You're incorrect saying that we are camping in zone and/or kiting them. Additionally, I'd love to see someone kiting one of the new golems as two of them death touch.

bktroost
01-10-2016, 03:27 PM
The only guilds that have been killing golems have been BDA, Taken, and occasionally Forsaken. You're incorrect saying that we are camping in zone and/or kiting them. Additionally, I'd love to see someone kiting one of the new golems as two of them death touch.

You and some of your officers in ooc the other night are wrong about who has killed them. Pirates got a kill on a fright once, AG/CSG has been a part of (I think) three successful golem kills.

I have a rogue that i keep in zone for much of the golem windows and watch logs to see how things are done. Kiting Terror with a bard is most certainly possible and has been done.

I'm not here to get into a battle of who is killing golems more or who has more experience. my only point is that people are using different tactics and some that are not what the server would do on raid mobs.

I agree that we need a voice from on high to clarify.

arsenalpow
01-10-2016, 03:52 PM
You and some of your officers in ooc the other night are wrong about who has killed them. Pirates got a kill on a fright once, AG/CSG has been a part of (I think) three successful golem kills.

I have a rogue that i keep in zone for much of the golem windows and watch logs to see how things are done. Kiting Terror with a bard is most certainly possible and has been done.

I'm not here to get into a battle of who is killing golems more or who has more experience. my only point is that people are using different tactics and some that are not what the server would do on raid mobs.

I agree that we need a voice from on high to clarify.

I'd say that BDA and Taken have done 90% of the new golems and we aren't camping in zone, nor are we kiting them. Additionally, I've personally been to over a dozen of these things and I've never seen an AG person even in zone during our kills. Yes, there are other "tactics" but they are absolutely not the norm, they are the absolute tiniest minority.

bktroost
01-10-2016, 04:10 PM
Of course you haven't. I don't have my rogue guild tagged.

Sirken
01-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Golems are not considered raid mobs/targets by the staff. we consider them to be just higher tier mobs (ie: King Tranix)

arsenalpow
01-20-2016, 01:32 PM
Better put an FTE message on them then because it will turn into sock central eventually.

Erati
01-20-2016, 01:45 PM
FTE on them would be nice in general even if the socking rarely occurs.

+1 for that idea.

-Catherin-
01-20-2016, 05:04 PM
Golems are not considered raid mobs/targets by the staff. we consider them to be just higher tier mobs (ie: King Tranix)

Better put an FTE message on them then because it will turn into sock central eventually.

Good idea, because this probably just triggered the typical descent into madeness :p

-Catherin-
01-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Good idea, because this probably just triggered the typical descent into madness :p

fixed typo but quoted on accident :p

Pint
01-20-2016, 10:06 PM

not to be that guy, but if you clear king tranix's room then you own the king tranix camp. if you clear fear or the guards and surrounding area for a golem then its your camp?

Pan
01-21-2016, 05:54 PM
not to be that guy, but if you clear king tranix's room then you own the king tranix camp. if you clear fear or the guards and surrounding area for a golem then its your camp?

That's how I'd read it if it's a KT analogue. That said, KT is soloable whereas none of the golems are. So I can see a lot of potential for arguments about not being able to claim the camp b/c not enough force there. Or not engaging a claimed camp "in time" - whatever that means.

Makes more sense to me to treat them as raid mobs. But if they're not, getting a "camp" defined in this case makes a lot of sense (bodies, engage time, etc.) - and would be better done sooner than later.

One of those things that would take minor up-front investment from staff (single post) vs. a multitude of petitions and pissing and whining on the back end.

Sirken
01-21-2016, 10:45 PM

thank you for re-enforcing why we cant have clearly defined black and white things laid out. i did not say golems and tranix are the same encounter. i said they are both considered higher tier (ie: difficultly) mobs.

Pint
01-21-2016, 11:11 PM
thank you for re-enforcing why we cant have clearly defined black and white things laid out. i did not say golems and tranix are the same encounter. i said they are both considered higher tier (ie: difficultly) mobs.

*scratches head

Pan
01-21-2016, 11:51 PM

Was that a reply to Pint's question?

bktroost
01-22-2016, 12:54 AM
I don't know what that means Sirken. Can I put people at the spawn or do I need to be outside? Do I have to have force or just kite it?

Tell me how to Everquest please!

Erati
01-22-2016, 10:53 AM
the Golems have variance - I doubt people will be poopsocking them on the spawn point inside of Fearplane unless they are very very late - which also means that particular guild must want them badly !

I dont really see this scenario playing out all that often tbh. I do see raid forces inside Fear clearing trash while golems are in window tho and maybe they will start to put a necro pet on the spawn point which is part of the game - however they should always be FTE even if a raid force is actively clearing. I guess if your raid force that is capable of killing the golem is literally socking the exact spawn point then maybe they could claim it as a camp - I think Stormfeather is one of the only mobs I can think of you can claim as a camp that has variance, but thats a soloable lvl 30 quest mob not a DTing lvl 60 Golem in Fearplane

I somewhat see these closer to Lodizal then Tranix.

Sirken
10-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Just to clarify something, while we only consider the Golems to be higher tier targets, they are not campable and ownership is based on FTE.

<3