PDA

View Full Version : Bard Kiting

McRod
01-07-2016, 03:26 AM
Hi All,

I haven`t played in almost 2 years and was lured back to the game out of boredom over the holidays.

Enjoying it again but i was wondering if someone could explain if bard kiting was altered/nerfed to making it no longer viable for power levelling?.

I`m wondering what exactly was changed and if it is still possible in an altered way?

Cheers.

syztem
01-07-2016, 08:57 AM
it still works great for power leveling, on red it works better the more people per in group. I think the nerf you might be referring to is the low hp kite, not an actual bard swarm group but when a bard with <20% hp would run around to perma keep aggro on the mobs no matter what aggro was generated by the wizs/mage/druids PBAOE nuking in group.

The low hp aggro has been fixed, so you can no longer do that. If you want to PBAOE like so, the bard has to generate aggro to hold it, otherwise a wizard who runs up to cast his first PBAOE will most likely get attacked right as the nuke lands and die instantly. This is somewhat easily solved with the level 54 pbaoe snare spell or by letting the bard chant the swarm down to 80% or something before allowing any damage.

McRod
01-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Ah ok, so in essence the bard has to be 54 to try it successfully?

Thanks for the detailed post.

syztem
01-07-2016, 12:36 PM
You can do it pre 54 if you have other people doing PBAOE damage to help speed the kite up, but its essential the bard gets solid aggro on the ENTIRE swarm. From personal experience with kites in OT, I had to use denons/dissonance and get the swarm to around 70-75% to allow a wizard to cast at maximum 2 thunderclap nukes(they have a stun component so its high aggro). This was with pulling each mob individually with a chant of flame, not much difference seem to come from pulling with selos consonant chain or largos abonsonant binding(snare and snare/slow songs) vs a chant with longer range.

After that, do another 20-30% via dots, or have a second person AE, they can also relog to wipe aggro too.