PDA

View Full Version : Kerra Isle

eqravenprince
01-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Guessing no one has an answer to this but asking anyhow. My premade group of level 20-22 is headed to Kerra Isle since no one goes there. However funny enough another premade group also had the same idea and plays the same hours. How would you divide the zone for 2 groups? One gets north and one gets south part? Not sure, I suspect it has rarely been contested to have camp rules.

Ele
01-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Not much more to the zone than that.

Prison/Temple area and Beach/Tiger Island area.

thufir
01-05-2016, 06:17 PM
But try and get the temple because it's better, especially for your levels. By the beach is not as strong imo. Bonus: camping temple will let you get the rings for Paw of Opolla.

Psionide
01-05-2016, 06:18 PM
This has to be, hands down, more ridiculous than anything to ever happen here. Forget all the raid scene or griefing bullshit. We now have people actually trying to XP in Kerra Isle but they still run into camp disputes lol. What's next camp disputes in Erud's Crossing at zombie sailors or Qeynos sewers?!

thufir
01-05-2016, 06:20 PM
This has to be, hands down, more ridiculous than anything to ever happen here. Forget all the raid scene or griefing bullshit. We now have people actually trying to XP in Kerra Isle but they still run into camp disputes lol. What's next camp disputes in Erud's Crossing at zombie sailors or Qeynos sewers?!

You mean, people playing EverQuest?

iruinedyourday
01-05-2016, 06:42 PM
hehe theres nobody there on red

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Spiderman-Peter-Parker.jpg

indiscriminate_hater
01-05-2016, 06:49 PM
hehe theres nobody there on red

taken out of context, this quote still works on several levels

iruinedyourday
01-05-2016, 07:41 PM
taken out of context, this quote still works on several levels

https://media.giphy.com/media/SmoCFhZCi1kzu/giphy.gif

quido
01-05-2016, 07:45 PM
settle it with train wars

khysanth
01-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Kerra Isle is a non-GM intervention zone sorry!

Expediency
01-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Both should set up near the bridge, fairly close together, on the far side from the zone. The stronger group take the canyon and into the cave and the mobs on the right side. there's no end to them back towards town. The weaker group pull from behind the bridge (there's about 5-6 on the zoneline side) as well as from the dock area, where there are also plenty.

If i see that many people in kerra I'm going to go join you because that zone is awesome

tristantio
01-06-2016, 12:04 AM
Kerra Isle, home of the fastest blunt.

derpcake
01-06-2016, 03:55 AM
lol kerra isle rotation

yea i'll stick to red pals

Troxx
01-06-2016, 06:23 AM
Having groups of people in Kerra is a good thing, means the server is still alive.

Leemerz
01-06-2016, 09:45 PM
I am a member of the other group! I am Mezzura.

My group thinks it is hilarious that your group is chillin out as well. In a zone where NO ONE EVER FUCKING GOES.

There is plenty of crazy shit that goes wrong for us when pulling, usually our group starts on that path the goes downwards from the bridge and leads to the caves on the left and up and around the brewing station and into that huge courtyard. We have yet to find a good safe place to pull from because there are so many damn mobs in the zone that aggro already.

There is not a one of us in our group that will be rude or overly unpleasant to y'all.

It's a small zone sure, but there is plenty of room for both groups I would think. And if there's an issue talk to me! We are all on skype and if you're on we can add you to the call RQ and figure it all out all cival like and shit.

We we're joking that if both groups combined for raiding later our little 10 man shenanigans could be legendary. AAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNY ways. Peace!

-We may at one point find a 6th guy. Maaaaaaaaaybe. The server is alive and has around 800+ people at all times, there was 1400 sum-odd the other night- which is more then the first live server I played on had on it.

eqravenprince
01-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Hey Mezzura, our group is pretty laid back. 3 out of the 5 people in my group have never played EQ prior to coming here. So huge learning curve for them, but they are gradually learning. Part of our frustration with a premade group is finding places to hunt that is good for novice untwinked EQ players. Would love to join forces with you guys as needed. The only set nights for us is Tuesdays and Wednesdays. My characters name is Zurge.

Edit: We may have a 6th person, another who has not played EQ. He is starting up a Shaman.

Leemerz
01-07-2016, 12:38 PM
Our 6th man coming is going to be a rouge.
Everyone but our healer (of corse) has played on eq live and we've been hoppin around games trying to find a decent, and now were back to eq lol.

Find a place to hit as a group not twinked has been a legit issue with us as well. Most of is have some pretty bad gear. The defiant gear on live ruined me. I'd had forgot that the struggle leveling is real.

eqravenprince
01-07-2016, 01:33 PM
What all zones you guys think are options for premade group at early 20s? i would go to HighKeep but I hate to travel all that distance to find out Goblins are camped which is more than likely the case.

Duncon
01-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Permafrost.

Bionic
01-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Everyone but our healer (of corse) has played on eq live and we've been hoppin around games trying to find a decent, and now were back to eq lol.

Find a place to hit as a group not twinked has been a legit issue with us as well. Most of is have some pretty bad gear. The defiant gear on live ruined me. I'd had forgot that the struggle leveling is real.

<Insert obligatory "TRY RED!" post here>

But seriously, Try Red. :)

thufir
01-07-2016, 03:16 PM
What all zones you guys think are options for premade group at early 20s? i would go to HighKeep but I hate to travel all that distance to find out Goblins are camped which is more than likely the case.
I like the Permafrost idea that guy suggested above. You'll have your pick of camps since nobody else is in the zone. Plenty of ore based cash loots, and a few decent equipment camps. From Kerra everywhere is a walk, but Perma is closer than most. Only drawback is that you have a long walk to a vendor if there are evils in your group (Qeynos Aqueducts is the closest spot if you haven't done any faction work).

Runnyeye is also reasonable, even less camped than Perma. There is the Borxx issue, though; you'll have to figure out his pathing and work around it. And the goblins there don't drop blocks. But the XP is solid.

There's other decent spots to go closer to civilization - Solusek's Eye, Upper Guk - but I would take advantage of your group's premade nature to adventure in lesser-explored zones like Perma.

Sebastionleo
01-07-2016, 03:39 PM
Upper Guk only sometimes has groups in it, so that's a valid option, has a great ZEM. You can always /who all Highkeep and find out if goblins are camped, also a zone with a great ZEM. Seen it empty a lot more recently than when I was levelling.

Expediency
01-07-2016, 07:28 PM

I have done /who all kerra several times and not seen you guys there. send me a tell when you are on and if I am free I will come over there

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Upper Guk us a fantastic zone to learn to explore, imo. It can be confusing until you learn it (just like SolA), but the ZEM is great, and it is challenging. And you will wipe, too! No ez mode.

It is all about, if the zone is already camped. But there are lots of places to squeeze into, and as better camps open up, you can snag them.

Can't recommend upper guk enough.

Feanol
01-07-2016, 10:37 PM
I like how this thread actually got the people involved to trade words and realize the apparent conflict is no big deal.

+1 would sticky as an example of a proper player-settled situation.