PDA

View Full Version : Does making a chanter still make sense?

Chulainn
01-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Hi all,
I played EQ for about 6 years when it got released, and its still the most addicting game I ever played. As I do not find any new game that fascinates me as much as EQ at that time, and I want to find the "good old feeling again", I want to ask how the population is on lower level zones? I would like to play a chanter, but if you have to solo until max level it might be a bit boring. So is it still possible to find groups?

Chu

thufir
01-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Yes. Especially if you go along the "traditional path" - Crushbone, Unrest, Oasis, Upper Guk, Mistmoore, City of Mist, Karnor's Castle. Those zones are heavily populated and you can find a group any time of the day (literally).

You can still find groups elsewhere too. Places like Befallen, Blackburrow, Solusek's Eye, Splitpaw, Lower Guk, and Nagafen's Lair tend to be less populated but still have people. Even further out of the way zones have folks sometimes. Chances are better of finding a group if you are a group friendly class (like chanter).

nhdjoseywales
01-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Chanter charm pet dps is very in demand. Get good at charming and you will never lack for a group my friend.

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-04-2016, 06:12 PM
A chanter, after you get breeze, will always be welcome in groups all over Norrath. You do not need to go to the "popular" zones. You can get something going anywhere and have fun.

A negative is, that everyone will try to tell you how to play the class.

But I suggest you play the class how you want to play it, and take your own sweet time adventuring and dungeon crawling. Clerics, tanks, and enchanters always can get something going.

It is called "freedom."

edit: unless you like to, there is no need to solo as an enchanter. It is a highly group friendly class, much desired. Second only to cleric.

Daywolf
01-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Enchanters and Clerics constantly receive tells for PUG invites. If you solo often, you may even want to use /anon /roleplay much like druids do... though then you'll probably get tells for ports hah

Bboboo
01-04-2016, 11:33 PM
Enchanter/Cleric duo is very powerful mid-later levels. Duoing in Howling Stones is probably the most fun I've had.

Also Enchanter/Ranger is really good outdoors, endless killing, little downtime.

Nisse
01-04-2016, 11:46 PM
A negative is, that everyone will try to tell you how to play the class.

This. I rolled a noob enchanter to mess around with in velious since I leveled mine in kunark, and literally every enchanter I encountered had advice, almost all of it wrong

Pope Hat
01-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Ench are super powerful, fun, high in demand for groups, and can solo extremely well. I used to drag people out to droga for exp groups because no one ever exps there.

Ench is fantastic for starting your own group and going where YOU want to go.

keithig3
01-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Also Enchanter/Ranger is really good outdoors, endless killing, little downtime.

That's interesting. Can anyone explain to this Noobie the specifics of this combo?

kined
01-07-2016, 10:09 AM
yes absolutely makes sense. its part of the holy trinity. you will always be welcome to groups as CC, and for most zones you can also get a dps spot if you just charm mob you'll do more damage than regular dps classes.

you can also solo/duo whenever you want.