PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Mistake Can't Loot Corpse

Mystic Zealot
01-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Heyyyy,

I haven't played EQ in a very long time (about 14 years) and I KIIINDA never played an evil aligned character. So I am Level 4 (due to dying at level 5) and my corpse is at the Temple of Truth in North Freeport. How I got all the way there, I have no idea, but whenever I port into North Freeport now I get killed instantly so I can't get my corpse :(

Can anyone help me out?

Also, I couldn't find how long corpses stay up after typing every combination of
Looting, corpse, drag, etc. into google. Can someone clarify that for me?

Daywolf
01-03-2016, 08:11 AM
Find a druid to port you there and have him cast cammo on you before the port. You can also grant someone permission to drag your corps... pref not a troll (not speaking of game race heh).

Mystic Zealot
01-03-2016, 08:19 AM
Thanks, I got someone to drag it. I just thought I would keep dying at the start of the zone but it turned out okay :D. Thus far the community has been super trusting. I made platinum by buying a dude some stuff inside my home city since he couldn't go in, and he just trusted me, so I decided to trust someone to drag my corpse and I was rewarded.

Really digging 1999 so far. Thanks for the quick reply also!

blondeattk
01-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Just dont turn your back on a dwarf, unless you like being fiddled with by hairy midgets.

captnamazing
01-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Thus far the community has been super trusting

once your noob status wears off things will change p quick FYI <3

another trick would have been to roll a level 1 char in the city with your corpse. log your main. consent your level 1. drag. win.

Mystic Zealot
01-03-2016, 05:35 PM
That's clever, Cptn.

Ravun
01-04-2016, 07:22 PM

another trick would have been to roll a level 1 char in the city with your corpse. log your main. consent your level 1. drag. win.

Shhh let him enjoy his rose colored glasses. What I wouldn't give to unlearn/rediscover p99 with the knowledge to avoid RnF and most the drama on the forums. 'Twas a simpler time back then...

Mystic Zealot
01-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Wtf is RnF?

Yeah I haven't play EQ consistently since 2002 or '03. I got up to around 45 but I was a kid so I couldn't afford a sub anymore :(

Samoht Farstrider
01-04-2016, 10:03 PM

You can consent to someone not online?
I had no idea.

Rivthis
01-04-2016, 11:12 PM
I had no idea.

Think from character select

Pope Hat
01-06-2016, 05:21 PM
I had no idea.

Yup. Like he said you could make a lvl 1 char, log back to main, consent that lvl 1 char and then log back to him and drag you main to safety.

maskedmelon
01-06-2016, 05:41 PM
Wtf is RnF?

RnF is all. It is the beginning. It is the end. It is everything between and nothing at all. It is a land of towering delusions, diffuse with dank forests of deceit and virile streams of madness. Within the turbulent air hangs rank, intoxicating and palpable insanity, the rot of delirium and the putrid scent minds addled with rage. It is the battleground of the lost, the valiant to whom it is lost.

mtkoan
01-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Wtf is RnF?

Yeah I haven't play EQ consistently since 2002 or '03. I got up to around 45 but I was a kid so I couldn't afford a sub anymore :(

These crusty old pumpkins. Don't believe the hype. P99 is what you make it. Enjoy. RnF is for people who want to be miserable.

thufir
01-08-2016, 05:59 PM
These crusty old pumpkins. Don't believe the hype. P99 is what you make it. Enjoy. RnF is for people who want to be miserable.