PDA

View Full Version : Faction & Illusions?

Dr4z3r
11-30-2010, 11:07 AM
How do illusions currently affect race-based factions? Do illusions bring the person to a set level, or does it increase faction standing by a set number?

For example, by default if an Erudite with changes to a Dark Elf, Oggok guards will no longer be KoS. But if that person were to kill enough ogres, would the Oggok guards become KoS even with the illusion on? What about if they kill Ogres as a Dark Elf, and then try to walk in with Illusion: Troll/Ogre on?

Omnimorph
11-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes.

Certain illusions give you a set level within a faction, let's say you're KoS from the get go as an erudite to ogres, turning into an ogre will set you amiable. If you have killed ogres in oggok, turning into an ogre will increase your faction to the amiable level, but all the killing you did will be negative and drag your faction down, if you're max KoS then there's a good chance you'll be KoS even in ogre form (maybe)

Occam's Butter Knife
11-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Yes.

Certain illusions give you a set level within a faction, let's say you're KoS from the get go as an erudite to ogres, turning into an ogre will set you amiable. If you have killed ogres in oggok, turning into an ogre will increase your faction to the amiable level, but all the killing you did will be negative and drag your faction down, if you're max KoS then there's a good chance you'll be KoS even in ogre form (maybe)

I have tested this by accident and can say this is in fact how it works. With DE illusion my HE enchanter cons indifferent with all Ogres. Then in an effort to free up some bank space I turn in 2 bags of Crushbone belts thus dropping my Craknek faction. I am now KOS with the warriors guild in Oggok (Craknek). In doing a turn in for Crude Stein the Craknek guild master re-enforced this concept by making me make a long corpse run. Using alliance gets me to non-KOS with mobs on that faction. All other Ogres have no issue with me in DE form.

Dr4z3r
11-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Excellent, thanks!