PDA

View Full Version : Soulfire Congrats - It was classic

knix
12-30-2015, 03:15 PM
It has been brought to my attention that I might be the only player that does this.

On my server, a soulfire obtainment announcement by the server was followed by everyone on the server sending congrats to the new soulfire holder.

It's classic

Is it passive aggressive that I send congrats messages to players that are using the soulfire in a way never intended by the developers? maybe.

"Congrats young Pally" is saying i guess, I know you are exploiting this mechanic, to help ruin our server and high end raiding.

so, its classic get over it.

and I will try to get over,
no target rings
no compass
no spell timers
no spell sets
no innate camo for my half elf druid
on and on and on.

Pokesan
12-30-2015, 03:23 PM
yikes

Uuruk
12-30-2015, 03:29 PM
Cringe

http://www.liverealms.com/phoebes/eq1_female_ogre.jpg

nyclin
12-30-2015, 03:41 PM
except the soulfire announcement isn't classic either

knix
12-30-2015, 03:48 PM
except the soulfire announcement isn't classic either
should be removed then.

When I got soulfires early on on Knix and Suegie, I got congratulatory tells, it made me smile, and i sent thank you replies. I knew it was a quest that was not intended for anyone to use besides pallys. So yes I know I was guilty of this.
Clerics on raids as well as other healers are meant to heal, right click 5 charge instant heal as well as any player class clicking on a reaper of the dead is not playing as intended. Using these things, besides all the other factors ie: 5 years of kunark, many high end raiders,etc contribute to the insta-engage Velious raid scene we have today.

so, be prepared to see "Grats young Pally" and know that i am telling you that you are contributing to what I see as a bad thing on the server.

Ele
12-30-2015, 03:50 PM
You mean you don't send them a hotkey tell using hidden ASCII characters that crashes their client? I thought everyone did that.

knix
12-30-2015, 04:08 PM
You mean you don't send them a hotkey tell using hidden ASCII characters that crashes their client? I thought everyone did that.

you are pure evil Ele :)

Rararboker
12-30-2015, 04:24 PM
I just /tell with the message, "HAIL". That is what brother hayle instructed.

Right?

Monty405
12-30-2015, 04:48 PM
I just /tell with the message, "HAIL". That is what brother hayle instructed.

Right?

Colgate
12-30-2015, 04:54 PM
soulfire turn ins are real goog on red

knix
12-30-2015, 06:03 PM
soulfire turn ins are real goog on red
Good point Colgate, it is interesting that what is OK on blue is Not OK on red, as I recall, nothing is vender rechargable, One time use WC caps, one time use reapers of the dead, and soulfire has to be equipt to use.

Colgate
12-30-2015, 06:38 PM
i meant because of global /ooc

but yea most of the clickies in the game are nerfed to uselessness (gate pots have 3 second casting times, golem wands 4 second casting times, conflag wands, hoops, etc. not even useable in pvp), and nothing is rechargeable

soulfires are paladin only too but still clickable from inventory

Lu|zSect
12-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Obese rage

yikeS

Bill Tetley
12-31-2015, 05:15 PM
Personally I enjoy when players /shout hail in w/e zone I'm in after that broadcast pops up.